2007 White RBs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They might be promising, but when you've got coaches that won't hardly let you on the field, you can't display your goods to the public. What a waste!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Chane Moline got several carries for UCLA, but he's unlikely to get anywhere near his last season TD total (5) since he still hasn't scored this year.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Jacob Hester is now 21 carry for 100 yards against Flordia..
He gained a lot of first down, he broke tackle, showed good speed, got run of 18yards and 19 yards!
this guy can be a running back in nfl easily

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hester was named the Player of the Game, and deservedly so. All he did was make one big run after another to lead LSU's comeback. He finished with over 100 yards and the game winning touchdown.

It's great to see a white runner excelling on national television. Playing for a Southern powerhouse helps too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They said that Hester bench presses 430lbs! That is simply incredible. He is probably by far the strongest running back in all of Div IA College Football and most likely in the NFL as well. The announcers also said that he runs a 4.5 in the 40.

Some team needs to draft this kid and keep him at the running back position. Did you guys see his wife in the stands? Boy is she a beauty queen. It's great to see this kid finally getting to be the star he should have been all four years at LSU. Way to go Hester!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Today was a good one for me, as my man Jacob Hester really got to shine for once! Player of the game and the dominant RB on the LSU team. I hope they go all the way, with him leading them all the way there! As for the black QB option, defenses will wise up to that soon, because he always does the same thing.

Purdue had a white freshman running back in on a couple plays, #25 Dan Dierking had 4 carries for 14 yards. In limited action, he has averaged 5.7 yards on 29 carries so far this season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Week 7

Division 1A
Chad Hall Air Force 31 for a school record 256 yards and 4 TDs!
smiley32.gif
Also had a 12 yard catch
Kip McCarthy Air Force 13 for 68
Peyton Hillis Arkansas 4 catches for 53
Joe Semanoff BYU 4 for 14
Jake Behrens Colorado 3 for 29 and a 1 yard TD catch
Kyle Bell Colorado State 8 for 30 did not start
smiley7.gif

John Mosure Colorado State 2 for 2
Justin Boyle Duke 8 for 28 plus 1 catch for 8
Brannan Southerland Georgia 2 for 6 and a TD plus 1 catch for 15
Jake Sharp Kansas 18 for 110 and a TD
Jacob Hester LSU 18 for 60 plus a 4 yard catch
Dual Threat QB Matt Flynn LSU 10 for 53
Brock Bolen Louisville 12 for 38 plus 4 catches for 45 and a TD
Mike Milano Michigan 2 for 5
Eric Kettani Navy 19 for 72 plus a 4 yard catch
Adam Ballard Navy 10 for 59 and a TD
Luke Lippincott Nevada 31 for 187 and 4 TDs
Dual Threat QB Giovanni Vizza North Texas 21 for 66
Micah Mosley North Texas 11 for 73 and a TD
Asaph Schwapp Notre Dame 1 for 4 plus 2 catches for 22
K.C. Christian Ohio State 4 for 30
Andy Stewart Oregon State 3 for 3 and a TD
Matt Hahn Penn State 3 for 6 and a TD
Dan Lawlor Penn State 2 for 10
Dan Dierking Purdue 8 for 5 plus an 8 yard catch
Jacob French San Jose State 5 for 21 plus 8 catches for 65 and 2 KR for 64
Dual Threat QB Matt Grothe South Florida 16 for 100 and 2 TDs
Paul Chiara Syracuse 1 catch for 4
Dual Threat QB Stephen McGee Texas A&M 14 for 89
Ray Stowers Utah 6 for 38
K/RB Corbin Louks Utah 3 for 47 and threw for an 11 yard TD
Jared Hawkins Vanderbilt 2 for 19 plus 1 catch for 14
Dual Threat QB Jake Locker Washington 12 for 48 and a TD

Division 1-AA
Shane Kilcoyne Cornell 13 for 37
Cheng Ho Harvard 7 for 34
Noah Van Niel Harvard 10 for 18 and a TD plus 2 catches for 6 and a TD
Chad Kackert New Hampshire 7 for 55 and a TD
Sean Jellison New Hampshire 10 for 65 and 2 TDs
Keith LeVan New Hampshire 2 for 12 plus a 10 yard TD catch
Tyler Roehl North Dakota State 5 for 60 and a TD
Joe Sandberg Penn 22 for 197 and 4 TDs plus 2 catches for 20
Nick Cisler Penn 1 for 5 plus 4 catches for 31
Rob Toresco Princeton 11 for 33 plus 8 catches for 56
Johnny Sanchez Southern Utah 25 for 86 and a TD plus a 12 yard catch
Andrew McCloud Western Kentucky 2 for 9

Division II
Danny Woodhead Chadron State 17 for 109 and 2 TDs plus 3 catches for 49
Ben Stallings Delta State 5 for 8
WR/RB Chad Schroeder Delta State 3 for 13 plus 5 catches for 59
James Berezik Grand Valley State 9 for 95 plus 2 KR for 22

Division III
Nate Kmic Mount Union 10 for 85 and a TD plus 2 catches for 30
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

mark b.

I'm really surprised about the Kevin Harris situation. Last year he was their leading rusher even though he was hurt for several games. Are there any Wake Forrest fans who can shed some light on this subject? The few times I saw him play last year he really looked great

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Lucas is buried on the depth chart. Kevin is now listed as second string FB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
One new find is RB Jacob French at San Jose State, who is at least mostly white. He leads the team in rushing.

white tornado

Mentor
he looked all white to me.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i wonder what's up with Kyle Bell... he isn't getting carries, and when he is, his ypc is usually pretty low. is anyone watching Rams? i haven't had a chance yet this season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
backrow, their line stinks and that is the main problem. Kyle can't get enough blocking to have a decent YPC. He didn't get many carries tonight, as they went with the black back Johnson for some reason. They got stomped by Air Force. I watched some of the game, and the announcers were talking about how slow Johnson was and that Mosure or Bell would have made a quicker cut and gained more yardage on a couple of plays. CSU has lost 13 in a row, and for Coach Lubick to give most of the carries to guy that couldn't average 2 YPC last year shows how desperate they are for a win.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A lot of frustration mixed in with success for me today. Some really good performances by men who were given a chance. Still, there are so many of our backs who aren't getting a fair shot. Peyton Hillis is the perfect example, once again leading the team in receiving, but not good enough to get one carry. Hopefully, Nutt will be gone after this season and common sense will have a chance in Arkansas again. That won't help Peyton though.
smiley5.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'm still a bit confused about Hillis: His Scout.com profile lists his H.S combine result at 4.78. If this is the case he should be nothing more than a change of pace guy or short yardage goalline guy. They also have his short shuttle at "a paltry" 4.83 and his vertical at 27 inches. Something tells me that they got his results mixed up though. He certainly appears faster than that and returns punts for Arkansas doesn't he?
I think Owen Schmidt is the RB we should be arguing for coming out this year; other than Woodhead and Hester. Schmidt runs a legit 4.57 40 yard and is a battering Ram. I think he is even better than Hester.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=709565

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
A lot of frustration mixed in with success for me today. Some really good performances by men who were given a chance. Still, there are so many of our backs who aren't getting a fair shot. Peyton Hillis is the perfect example, once again leading the team in receiving, but not good enough to get one carry. Hopefully, Nutt will be gone after this season and common sense will have a chance in Arkansas again. That won't help Peyton though.
smiley5.gif

Yeah I'm really upset about the Kevin Harris, Lucas Caperelli situation, both those guys are better than Micah Anderson who is getting lots of playing time at HB. Both could be legit NFL prospects. Hopefully they can get playing time when some of the blacks move on. They should transfer next year if they aren't guaranteed to be part of the rotation if they have a good camp.

The other one that is really pissing me off is the Jared Hawkins treatment at Vanderbilt. The guy produces every time he touches the ball yet only gets a couple carries if that a game. He clearly should be Vanderbilt's scat back and at least evenly splitting carries with another runner. He played a fair bit last year and averaged about 7 YPC, totally ahead of black RB Cassan-Jackson.

texasheat

Just for clarification, the stat line on RB Micah Mosley was 11 for 73 yards & a TD (as opposed to 5 for 28). I think the stats were lagging on that one due to the late start time.

Also, we may want to add QB Giovanni Vizza of North Texas to the RB list as a Dual Threat. He had 21 carries for 66 yards & should get around that each week w/the kind of offense he's in.

As always, Reb, thanks for all you do. The effort you put into these threads each week is awesome!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks texasheat!

Tough, Hillis is way faster than 4.78, and yes, he did return punts a lot until this year, now a black does it. I agree about Schmitt and Hawkins being screwed.

On another note, I'm really starting to wonder if compiling these stats is worth it. They take hours and hours of my weekend to do. With so many games to cover in 4 divisions and so many unknown players to investigate each week, it almost seems like too much to fool with. Its nothing like the NFL where there you know all the players and there are just 13 or 14 games each week. I bet I looked at stats on 70 games yesterday. I also wish we could keep some defensive stats for the college players, but doing them all is impossible because the box scores in college, for the most part, don't include defensive stats. I'd rather be watching the games than finding and posting stats, but then I'd be like everyone else on the planet.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb