2007 White RBs

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
UCLA has two white backs today.
Craig Sheppard of UCLA has 10 carries for 54 yards.
Chane Moline has 6 carries for 7 yds.
The game is in the 3rd Qtr.

Freedom

Mentor
Jared Hawkins was injured today in a deliberate late and illegal dirty hit from a Kentucky defender. Hawkins was down for a long time and it appeared from Kentucky's bench that Rich Brooks' staff ordered the hit. The hit occurred very close to the Kentucky bench. He may be out for a while.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jacob Hester: 11-121-11YPC-1TD and a career long 87 yard run today! And they say he's too slow!
smiley11.gif
I'm convinced now more than ever that Hester can be an effective cut back power runner in the NFL.

Edited to add: BTW guys, with Ohio State losing today we may see a Kansas-LSU title game which will feature two white RBs; Jacob Hester-starter and Jake Sharp-second team who gets significant playing time. Imagine that two white RBs in a NCAA championship game!
smiley32.gif
And with McGuffie, who looks sure to get at least some playing time next year at Michigan, things are looking up a little. The caste system may be weakened at RB a little bit so it becomes "not quite off limits" to whites like the WR position!
smiley1.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some sad news from yesterday, QB Jake Locker was knocked out early in their game and taken off the field on a stretcher. Lets hope he will be able to come back healthy soon. On a lighter note, Danny Woodhead came back yesterday to add to his rushing totals and was the games leading rusher despite just 12 carries! I have finished updating the stats for today as well.

JTJTJT

Are some black coaches under less pressure to follow the caste system? I noticed the black UCLA coach allowed two white TBs to get all the carries vs ASU.. He could have very well let Chris Markey or any of the other black TBs see all the action. I dont know why but I really am beginning to think a player like Jesse Lumsden would have had a better chance of making a roster under Tony Dungy than Joe Gibbs. Am I wrong?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the coach. Some black coaches adhere to the Caste System as strongly as any white coach, some don't. Jesse Lumsden might have been better off under Dungy than Gibbs, but he would have also been better off under Mike Martz or Bill Belichick than Dennis Greenor Herm Edwards.

Remember Dennis Green once said (as an active NFL coach) all things being equal he would rather give a black an opportunity to be an NFL QB then a white.... And not a peep was made over this by the media.

(I wish I would have been smart enough to save the article he said it in at the time, but I know it was said in exactly that manner)

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i flipped on the tube and caught the 4th quarter of the Ball State-Toledo game, and what do i see?!?! Ball State with a white tailback!
smiley32.gif

turns out junior outside linebacker-turned-tailback Chris Clancy was a standout running back-linebacker in high school.

he began his career at Ball State at fullback, moved to outside linebacker last year, and moved back to offense this year. he's played fullback, tight end, and now tailback.

here is an article that describes his versatility, as well as his younger brother's.

Chris ran 13 times for 103 yards and a touchdown, and if i'm not mistaken it was all in the second half. of course, all the praise from the announcers went to Ball State's black quarterback. but boy, Chris runs ANGRY! it was awesome!
smiley32.gif

his brother, Nick, has given a verbal commitment to Boston College as an outside linebacker.

White Power

Mentor
Jimmy I told you guys that I thoght the trend was changing there are to many brothers incarcerated to fill out every D 1 roster. I bet the Caste Gods never figured this would be the case or they would of started asking for clemency for the betterment of college athletics. Anyway another player yet to root for good luck to him the rest of his career.

Stonewall

Guru
Right on the money TJR, seeing Hester and Sharp in the National Championship game would be very noteworthy. I don't subscribe to Sports Illustrated, but I caught a glimpse of an October issue of SI that featured an article on LSU. Hester was mentioned a good deal in the article. I'll point out two items of note. Hester was quoted as saying that during games, opposing defenders make comments such as "Shouldn't you be playing for Air Force" after a play. Specifically, Hester said that after one of his long runs against Tennessee, a defender said to him "You still ain't nothin', Vanilla Ice". We'll say what "Vanilla Ice" can do to Tennessee if they are able to make the SEC Championship against LSU!!

I was looking over a Kansas football chat room site that dated back to last season. Even back then KU fans were calling for Sharp to get more carries. The tone of the posts were basically, either use him as a regular or redshirt him. Stop wasting his production. Even this year, the speedster seems to be underutilized. His yards per carry numbers have been very impressive. I've only seen him play live once this year, versus Nebraska. I saw him score on a long TD reception. It was good to hear the announcers rave about his speed. However, it was bad to hear him referred to as a receiver. But, hey he's only a sophomore and a definite premier NFL prospect.

whiteCB

Master
Stonewall said:
Right on the money TJR, seeing Hester and Sharp in the National Championship game would be very noteworthy. I don't subscribe to Sports Illustrated, but I caught a glimpse of an October issue of SI that featured an article on LSU. Hester was mentioned a good deal in the article. I'll point out two items of note. Hester was quoted as saying that during games, opposing defenders make comments such as "Shouldn't you be playing for Air Force" after a play. Specifically, Hester said that after one of his long runs against Tennessee, a defender said to him "You still ain't nothin', Vanilla Ice". We'll say what "Vanilla Ice" can do to Tennessee if they are able to make the SEC Championship against LSU!!

Hester should be spouting off to the media how he's sick and tired of prejudice black players on opposing teams saying racist remarks towards him. That would shed a little light on all the bulls*it white RBs have to go through. Of course Hester will keep his trap shut like all the other white RBs and eventually he'll be moved to his racially correct role of FB at the next level.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
If Hester had big balls, he would react to these monkeys who said that to him. In NHL, black react when white tell them they are negro or whatever..I don't say, start a fight, but damn go push the guy, that's gonna show that Hester respect his race.

jared

Mentor
Can't remember what game it was (in the last two weeks) but I saw a bunch of black players jawing at Hester as he collided into their sideline. He got back up and pushed a guy and got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Might have been the play where he chased that guy down on the INT.

Stonewall

Guru
Jared, I believe that was the Alabama game that you are referring to. You're right, Hester did draw the flag after tackling the DB (I believe it was Castille). It was funny because the announcers were saying that everybody (all the players)in the SEC likes Hester. They insinuated that Castille motioned over to Hester after the flag and said "why did you do that?".

The media seems to typecast Hester as the "benevolent white guy". They seem to always mention the fact that he's married (which is great, he's a standup guy), and proposed to his girlfriend last season immediately following a game. They've taken him more seriously as the season has progressed, but not in the manner they would for a black tailback who was the leading rusher on the nation's top team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
MovedEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
If Hester had big balls, he would react to these monkeys who said that to him. In NHL, black react when white tell them they are negro or whatever..I don't say, start a fight, but damn go push the guy, that's gonna show that Hester respect his race.

With runs like these, Hester SPEAKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJczt7YZF4

This is why the Caste fears even bigger White MEN like Owen Schmitt!

Now, who wants to chime in with the old -- "Whites are boring and non-exciting athletes!"

College Football could use a lot more White Tanks to restore the game to a legitimacy it has lacked for 2+ decades.

Gi-15

Mentor
I'm just so anxious to see the next NFL combine. Hester, Hillis and Schmitt should go the BL way and lose weight in a statement to say " we're going to be TB at the next level " . And then crack the 4.5 barrier. That would be huge!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yes this deffinitely will be an intersting combine w\up to 5 rbs taken in hall, woodhead, hester, schmitt, and hillis! If they can all run well they can make a BIG staement

forty-four

Guru
Anybody find sa video of Hester's 87 yard TD yet? I really think Hester is the guy who could make it at the next level. He's a starter and productive player in the SEC of all conferences! He's on a top tier team too. He just needs the right situation next year - New England or maybe Detroit. I think he'll eclipse Leonard although Brian could do much better in a different situation.