2007 White RBs

Another outstanding game by Luke Lippincott. That was the first chance I got to see him play on TV, and it was by chance that it was on the TV at the bar I was at with a group of friends! I made sure to point out that if Lippincott is running like that, there should be more like him. I was pulling for Nevada to win it, must have been a heart breaker for them. That Hawaii kicker sure is good though. Hawaii's backup QB isn't bad either, or the Nevada defense was lackluster, I couldn't tell which.

Stonewall

Guru
Today should be a big day for Jacob Hester. With all the controversy swirling around which teamsshould play for the national championship, LSU needs to make a statement today against a clearly inferior opponent. A convincing win over Mississippi would be a major plus in the pollsters eyes.

Plus, it's time to reward the senior running back for all he's done for LSU. Hester's carries have spiraled downward in recent weeks since his 23 carry, 107 yard night last month that garnered national attention and made a huge statement for white RBs. Coach Miles needs to give him the ball more this week, especially after last week's game (87 yard run). Another 100 yard game for Hester would be great, I think he only has two 100+ rushing yard games this season. Of course, Miles is at fault for this, as he hasn't given Jacob enough carries.

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, and most importantly,all the young white kids who dream of being major college and pro tailbacksthat there is a white running back starting today on national television for the nation's #1 team.

JTJTJT

Speaking of white RB's, I noticed Chad Hall and Luke Lippincott are both in the top 20 in rushing yds. for NCAA football. Chad Hall is ranked 13th in yds., didnt really get the ball the first 3 games, and has the highest yd avg., (6.6) of any back in the top 20. I am wondering if any NCAA RB in the top 15 in rushing and the highest yds. per carry of top rushers has gone undrafted by the NFL? Anyone think that Chad Hall will not be drafted because he is white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
JTJTJT said:
Speaking of white RB's, I noticed Chad Hall and Luke Lippincott are both in the top 20 in rushing yds. for NCAA football.  Chad Hall is ranked 13th in yds., didnt really get the ball the first 3 games, and has the highest yd avg., (6.6) of any back in the top 20. I am wondering if any NCAA RB in the top 15 in rushing and the highest yds. per carry of top rushers has gone undrafted by the NFL? Anyone think that Chad Hall will not be drafted because he is white?

I mentioned how Chad and Luke had moved up the stats ladder last week, but I think Chad will not be drafted because he's in the Air Force more than because he's white. I have more respect for those kids at the AFA than any school in the country.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i just got a very good look at Donald Brown, the running back from UConn. he is not a white kid. he's light, bright, and almost white, but i was clearly mistaken about him.

me being wrong doesn't happen often, so make the best of it gents.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Where's my celebratory root beer keg? I save it just for these occasions when JC admits he's wrong!
smiley36.gif

Stonewall

Guru
I agree with the Colonel, Hall's military commitment is to blame if he isn't drafted. Plus, I think he has plans to be a pilot, if I'm not mistaken.

Love of country comes first for many of the players at the service academies.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
military commitment is PART of it, but certainly not the only part.

there have been several black athletes from service academies to make it to the NFL, as well as numerous white athletes from past eras.

Chad Hall reminds me VERY much of Wes Welker. they both are about the same size. neither is the fastest player in the world in a straight line, but they can both change direction and accelerate on a dime. hence, they are damn near impossible to tackle, which is far more important. they both are incredibly versatile. Chad, for instance, is the ONLY player in college football who leads his team in rushing, receiving, and return yardage. i mean, WOW!
smiley32.gif
shoot, they even look a lot alike.

i'm afraid that he will have to go the same route that Welker did, too. the undrafted free agency route.

in my opinion, the biggest hurdle for Chad Hall to overcome is the stigma of his pale skin. Chad has the talent to play in the NFL, without a doubt.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
*grins at the Colonel*

hey, i was bound to be wrong sooner or later.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Brown is a mixed-race back, and gets a lot of caste treatment, but he isn't a white man. he is a good back, though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Chad will get a chance to perform once more in front of a national audience during the bowl season. I am thinking he has made a long term committment to Air Force as well Stonewall. Even so, he could still be drafted and the team that gets him could wait for him until he is out of the AF. This is a long shot for many reasons, the most significant of which is his skin tone. JC, I agree that Hall looks like Welker. There have been many times I have watched Chad run this year and thought of Wes. Chad "Hall of Fame" truly is Mr. Everything at the AFA. No doubt, if he were black and at a public institution, he'd be the next Barry Sanders.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in very limited touches, Paul Chiara has looked BRILLIANT today. coming in to this game against UConn, the Syracuse running back had only 3 carries for 12 yards... today, he has 4 carries for 39 yards and 2 catches for 31 more yards, including the 2 longest receptions of the game for Syracuse thus far.

Chiara has looked fast and elusive, and has broken numerous tackles. even the announcers were talking about how impressive he looks "when he gets the ball in his hands" and wondering why he doesn't get more touches.

fellow white running back for the Orange, Max Suter hasn't gotten a single carry at tailback thus far, but he does have 3 kickoff returns for 70 yards.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
in very limited touches, Paul Chiara has looked BRILLIANT today. coming in to this game against UConn, the Syracuse running back had only 3 carries for 12 yards... today, he has 4 carries for 39 yards and 2 catches for 31 more yards, including the 2 longest receptions of the game for Syracuse thus far.

Chiara has looked fast and elusive, and has broken numerous tackles. even the announcers were talking about how impressive he looks "when he gets the ball in his hands" and wondering why he doesn't get more touches.

fellow white running back for the Orange, Max Suter hasn't gotten a single carry at tailback thus far, but he does have 3 kickoff returns for 70 yards.

i was just going to post the same thing J. nice game for Paul, my question is: why give him his first chance to carry a rock that late into the season?

Stonewall

Guru
Because of the Caste System, many star white athletes are told over and over again in high school that they have no chance of making it big as a running back, receiver or DB. Thus, many of the best of the best (such as Hall) who are actively planning exactly what they want to do with the rest of their lives pursueservice academies, and the multitude of opportunities they provide. Especially since 9/11, a degree from a service academy can take you virtually anywhere.

I agree with you, Jimmy. Chad Hall could easily be another Welker at the pro level.My hope is now that young white players seemen like Welker and Curtis excel in the NFL, they will realize that they havea legitimate chance to emulate them.

I believestrongly that we are in an era wherethe smaller, speedladen white players are establishing themselves in the NFLand in the future we will seemore of them at the NFL level.Just as the taller wide receiversof a few years back (McCaffery, Bennett, Proehl, Jurevicious, ) opened theNFL door,a new door is beginning to be opened for the white player whose greatest strengths are speedandthe ability to elude.

backrow

Hall of Famer
is anyone watching Arkansas game? Peyton Hillis has 4 carries for 36 yards and 2 catches for 14. if he keep this up it might be his best game of the season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Peyton has 8 runs for 56 with just under 7 minutes to go. McFadden is averaging a less than stellar 3.4 YPC today on 24 carries.

Gi-15

Mentor
Watching Kansas live for the first time. Sharp has big time skills. the kid is going to be a star next year.

The two air force guys (Hall and Jim Ollis) have over a 100 yards today, with over 7 yard per carries each.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Week 12 Stats

1-A
Jim Ollis Air Force game high 15 for 163 and 2 TDs
smiley32.gif

Chad Hall Air Force 19 for 151 and 2 TDs plus 3 catches for 31 and 2 KR for 48
smiley32.gif

Ty Paffett Air Force 7 for 105 and 3 TDs plus a 2 yard catch
Dual threat QB Shaun Carney Air Force 7 for 77 and a TD
Todd Newell Air Force 4 for 21
Chad Smith Air Force 2 for 8
Scott Peeples Air Force 3 for 7
Kip McCarthy Air Force 1 for 2
Peyton Hillis Arkansas 11 for 65 plus 2 catches for 14
Chris Clancy Ball State team high 13 for 103 and a TD
Kyle Bell Colorado State 12 for 56 and a TD
John Mosure Colorado State 1 catch for 6
Justin Boyle Duke team high 8 for 45 plus 2 catches for 10
Dual Threat QB Tim Tebow Florida 11 for 31 and a TD
Jake Sharp Kansas team high 15 for 83 and 2 catches for 3
Jacob Hester LSU 13 for 65 and a TD plus a 14 yard catch
Corey Jones Miami of Ohio team high 18 for 66
Adam Ballard Navy 7 for 45
Eric Kettani Navy 4 for 9 plus a 14 yard catch
Luke Lippincott Nevada game high 25 for 140 and a TD plus 2 catches for 28 and a TD
smiley32.gif

Micah Mosley North Texas game high 15 for 110 and a TD plus 5 KR for 78
smiley32.gif

Paul Chiara Syracuse 9 for 55 plus a team high 3 catches for 37
Max Suter Syracuse 4 KR for 85
Dual threat QB Mackensi Adams Vanderbilt 7 for 23

1-AA
Chad Kackert New Hampshire game high 13 for 67 and a TD plus 3 catches for 33
smiley32.gif

Tyler Roehl North Dakota State team high 24 for 79 and 2 TDs plus 2 catches for 24
Rob Toresco Princeton 10 for 36 and a TD plus 5 catches for 34
R.C. Lagomarsino Princeton 8 for 31 plus a 6 yard catch
Jimmy Hughes Rhode Island 3 for 15 plus a game high 3 catches for 88 and a TD
smiley32.gif

JT Rogan San Diego game high 16 for 104 and a TD plus 2 catches for 7 and a TD and 7 KR for 210
smiley32.gif

Cory Keoning South Dakota State game high 22 for 131 and 2 TDs plus 3 catches for 14
smiley32.gif

Johnny Sanchez Southern Utah team high 16 for 64 and a TD plus 3 catches for 20

D-II
Chad Schroeder Delta State team high 8 runs for 49 and 2 TDs plus 7 catches for 94
Ben Stallings Delta State 7 runs for 44 and 2 TDs
Zak Mikel Delta State 6 for 37
Dual threat QB Brett Hyatt Delta State 5 for 42
Ryan Chappell North Dakota game high 19 for 176 and 2 TDs plus 3 catches for 45
smiley32.gif

D-III
Nate Kmic Mount Union 29 for 220 and 4 TDs
smiley32.gif

Justin Beaver Wisconsin-Whitewater 28 for 120Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bronk

Mentor
One guy I don't see on the Colonel's list is Weber State's Trevyn Smith. Smith is the Big Sky Conference's leading rusher with 1,314 yards on 262 carries, an average of five yards per carry, and 7 TDs.
85542250_o.jpg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Trevyn sounds like a classic black name; thats probably why he was overlooked. Maybe his parents knew he'd be a RB. It would be an irony to college scouts that he is a white with an African name who also is a sick RB!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think I saw something about Trevyn earlier in the season on the local sportscast here, but forgot to look him up. I don't remember Weber State having a white RB who got the ball much in 2005, but am glad they do this year. I just looked up last year's stats and Trevyn was the leading rusher last year with over 1,100 yards and 8 TDs. In a NCAA record setting 73-68 win over Portland State earlier this year, Trevyn Smith ran for 225 yards for the Wildcats. Weber State started 0-4 this year but finished 5-6. Smith, a sophomore, earned his second consecutive first team all-Big Sky honors.

backrow

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Trevyn sounds like a classic black name; thats probably why he was overlooked. Maybe his parents knew he'd be a RB. It would be an irony to college scouts that he is a white with an African name who also is a sick RB!

it's not a black name actually. i run both yahoo and google search, and i only got white people come up.
smiley17.gif
it's a welsh name, apparently.Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Everyone I knew back home with a name sounding like Trevyn or spelled close to it, was black. Of course, I'm from a majority black area. Now if your talking about Trev, or Trevor, thats a different story. The truth is, I forgot about the kid. I think I have found more players during the season this year than I ever have before during a season, especially 1-AA. There are a lot of 1-AA RBs out there, and a lot we don't yet know about, now if we're talking 1-A RBs, thats a different story.

whiteCB

Master
Hey if you want your son to get a D1 schlorship as a RB then you better name him Tyrone, LeRon, LeJon, or whatever else sounds like a totally non-white name. Then you have him wear black Under Armour during the games and D1 football here I come.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
His name might just be southern. i have some uncles that have the names rodney and jerome(typical black names)