Will the US attack Iran?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Here's an interesting article I found:

War with Iran

Will the Zionists succeed in persuading the US government to attack Iran before Bush's term has ended?

Getting into another war for Israel would deeply damage the US economy. We're all paying too much at the pumps now, but a war with Iran would drive the prices up even further.Edited by: JD1986

Tom Iron

Mentor
Animalmuther0,

I remember a general years ago who said he was going bomb Vietnam into a parking lot.

Tom Iron...

guest301

Hall of Famer
JD,Whatever you think the agenda of our goverment is and whoever you think is pulling the strings is beside the point. Iran with nuclear weapons is a scary thought and they will most certainly use them on America, Israel and the West. So if Bush takes them out with a surgical strike before he leaves office, so be it. If he doesn't, the Israeli's will. I certainly don't want to see troops on the ground in Iran but if we can do it without any type of invasion(except for special forces) then I would be for it. I admit it's a scary scenario and oil prices would go up dramatically but it may have to be done.The UN, Russia and China are only making things worse with their enabling and excuse making for Iran. It's just my opinion and I know it's not shared by all here.

Iran by any and all indications has no nuclear weapons. In fact, the Regime in DC is a compilation of very sick individuals. Individuals that have long ago relegated the American people to the back of the line. This is a scare tactic. Pure and simple. For God's sake this same tactic was just used to invade Iraq. It is quite apparent from watching mainstream news that some very powerful people want Iran invaded. I suppose they may see Iran as a future threat if allowed to exist.
This is what happens when traitors, and certain supremacist begin to dominate the foreign policy of a nation. Our young men have bore the burden that is Israel for too long. We as Americans need to disengage ourselves from all those third world countries.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Nobody has the stomach or the wherewithal to invade Iran, whether it's justified or not. Surgical strike yes, invasion no. If they don't have nukes now, they will have them very very soon and their leader has said openly that they will use them. When somebody says they are going to bring death and destruction upon you, believe them. I do.

You realize the reason Iran wants nuclear weapons is to avoid "regime change" from the US and Isreal, right? We have forced them into this behavior, its called BLOWBACK.

Are we to bomb other countries when they begin to "develop nuclear weapons?" Wheres the proof? Hidden along with Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, right?

You realize the soviet union had enough bombs to level america ten times over and we beat them? And yet we are afraid of a tiny country with a miniature military building nuclear weapons? Do they even have intercontinental nuclear weapons (the answer is NO)?

We have paid enough blood and money for Isreal. Our country will bankrupt over this idiocy, and Isreal will be much worse off because of all this antagonism in the middle east.

In short, you reap what you sow.

I am an American, and people who lie to my countrymen and murder them in the name of Isreal are traitors in my opinion. This includes, bush and his cabinet, and especially AIPAC.

How its legal for a foreign country to lobby the US government against its people's will is beyond me to this day.Edited by: InfamousOne

white is right

Hall of Famer
Iran poses no threat to the US(militarily), they pose a terrorist threat, but essentially they are a paper tiger. They do pose a threat to the region and turning a weak democratic Iraq into a puppet regime. That is the main threat from Iran.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I hope we do invade Iraq, the quicker this government collapses the better.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Iran is no threat to the US whatsoever. In the past 100 years, Iran has never attacked another country. There is no evidence Iran is building nuclear weapons, and would take a minimum of ten years to do anyway.

Israel has at least 250 nuclear warheads, and could decimate Iran in a minute. This is a country that has repeatedly attacked its neighbors, most recently Lebanon in 2006. Israel is the main source of instability in the Middle East, and even some of the so-called "terrorist" incidents may actually be Mossad's "false flag" attacks. There was an unsuccessful Israeli false flag attack on the USS Liberty some years ago.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's funny how we worry about all these countries in the middle east when North Korea has threatened the US with a nuclear missle strike on several occasions. They have nukes and have the ability to launch missles over 2000 miles. They are far more of a threat than Iran but the US is scared because China is their friend.

Kaptain

Master
guest301 said:
JD,Whatever you think the agenda of our goverment is and whoever you think is pulling the strings is beside the point. Iran with nuclear weapons is a scary thought and they will most certainly use them on America, Israel and the West. So if Bush takes them out with a surgical strike before he leaves office, so be it. If he doesn't, the Israeli's will. I certainly don't want to see troops on the ground in Iran but if we can do it without any type of invasion(except for special forces) then I would be for it. I admit it's a scary scenario and oil prices would go up dramatically but it may have to be done.The UN, Russia and China are only making things worse with their enabling and excuse making for Iran. It's just my opinion and I know it's not shared by all here.

How ridiculous. Our own CIA says that Iran is not and has not had nuclear weapons program and even if they started one today it would take over a decade to develop. I personally think they should. It's the duty of their government to protect their people. Israel will attack them whether they have one or not as you can quite plainly see right now - Iran has none and Israel is on the verge of attacking them.

It's funny how "scary" questioning the holocaust is to some people. While Iran threatens the establishments view of history, Israel is making real threats to use nuclear weapons. Israel doesn't belong to any IAEA or any other non-proliferation agreement or overseeing authority as every other nuclear country in the world does including Iran. Israel, not Iran already has nukes pointed on every major city in Europe and who knows where else. How scary is that? We could give Iran a nuke, only it would be useless as they have no way of delivering it anyway. How "scary" is that? I think your confused.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
guest301 said:

How ridiculous. Our own CIA says that Iran is not and has not had nuclear weapons program and even if they started one today it would take over a decade to develop. I personally think they should. It's the duty of their government to protect their people. Israel will attack them whether they have one or not as you can quite plainly see right now - Iran has none and Israel is on the verge of attacking them.

It's funny how "scary" questioning the holocaust is to some people. While Iran threatens the establishments view of history, Israel is making real threats to use nuclear weapons. Israel doesn't belong to any IAEA or any other non-proliferation agreement or overseeing authority as every other nuclear country in the world does including Iran. Israel, not Iran already has nukes pointed on every major city in Europe and who knows where else. How scary is that? We could give Iran a nuke, only it would be useless as they have no way of delivering it anyway. How "scary" is that? I think your confused.

I am not confused at all. I am just choosing to be a on the right and moral side of history(God's side) when all is said and done on what's going on over there. Israel is just like America, England and France, in the sense that they are a responsible nation with nuclear weapons that they will clearly not use unless they were defending themselves. Israel is so small that it would only take two well placed nukes to wipe them off the face of the earth, so a pre-emptive strike is more than warranted, it's imperative.
As far as Iran not having nukes, that's ridiculous. What do you think they are building over there and have you heard their leaders words about what they plan to do to us and anybody else that impedes their goal of islamic world domination and rule. Go to author and former intelligence operative Joel Rosenbergs website for more info on what Iran is doing and what their plans are.

Isreal is not a "moral" place in any sense of the word. They have launched missiles at civilians on purpose. They have shut off power and oil to disrupt palestinian civilization. They have bulldozed people's homes. They have starved palestinians by purposely destroying thier crops. They segregate people while preaching tolerance in our country.

Your quote that "we will wipe Isreal off the map" has been refuted as a mistranslation many times. I wonder if this was perpetuated by Isreal to garner support for attacking Iran? No, not the noble Isreal.

As for evidence to the nuclear weapons, ill trust our CIA (barely) over Joel Rosenberg any time.

Guest, you need to read more about Isreal. You won't find this information anywhere in mainstream America, but it's out there on the net. Please educate yourself, it's important to seperate the truth from the lies.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have seen it on the net and many times here with multiple links that you guys have supplied. I'm not buying into it and am not convinced. I have felt this way about Israel and the Middle East since I was a nine year old and nothing here has moved me from my core beliefs. We will have to just disagree. I am very well read and I think I know "what's up".
For those of you that are Christians on this site I think some of you are missing the bigger picture here. There is a spiritual componet to all that has been going on in the Middle East lately. Pope Benedict recently baptized a very prominent Muslim in Italy, a Egyptian born man by the name of Magdi Allam. He happens to be the director of "Corriere della Sera" one of Italy's oldest secular newspapers. In that paper he reported that over 667 muslims convert to Christianity hourly,16,000 daily and every year 6 million Muslims convert to christianity. What the United States is doing over there has led to massive openings to the gospel across the Middle East. Now I know that's not our goverments mission or even concern but God has his own plan and I have the priviledge of seeing that all unfold on the world's biggest stage. I know that those of you who are not religous, what I just said means literally nothing to you but some of you know the the times that we are living in and the coming storm that's almost upon us. As far as the Palestians go and Israels alleged unfair persecution of them. Tell them to stop committing terrorist acts upon the Jewish people and let Israel live in peace. Israel has given up most of the territory it rightly acquired during the 6 day war and Yom Kippor and there is still no peace. They have given up most of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the Palestianians and there is still no peace. They even stupidly offered to give up parts of Jerusalem to Arafat and he turned them down cold. The Palestinians have a homeland. It's called Jordan which is populated by 70% Palestinians. I have had my say on this thread and will get off my soapbox about this. No offence intended to anyone here.

Kaptain

Master
guest301 said:
I have seen it on the net and many times here with multiple links that you guys have supplied. I'm not buying into it and am not convinced. I have felt this way about Israel and the Middle East since I was a nine year old and nothing here has moved me from my core beliefs. We will have to just disagree. I am very well read and I think I know "what's up".
For those of you that are Christians on this site I think some of you are missing the bigger picture here. There is a spiritual componet to all that has been going on in the Middle East lately. Pope Benedict recently baptized a very prominent Muslim in Italy, a Egyptian born man by the name of Magdi Allam. He happens to be the director of "Corriere della Sera" one of Italy's oldest secular newspapers. In that paper he reported that over 667 muslims convert to Christianity hourly,16,000 daily and every year 6 million Muslims convert to christianity. What the United States is doing over there has led to massive openings to the gospel across the Middle East. Now I know that's not our goverments mission or even concern but God has his own plan and I have the priviledge of seeing that all unfold on the world's biggest stage. I know that those of you who are not religous, what I just said means literally nothing to you but some of you know the the times that we are living in and the coming storm that's almost upon us. As far as the Palestians go and Israels alleged unfair persecution of them. Tell them to stop committing terrorist acts upon the Jewish people and let Israel live in peace. Israel has given up most of the territory it rightly acquired during the 6 day war and Yom Kippor and there is still no peace. They have given up most of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the Palestianians and there is still no peace. They even stupidly offered to give up parts of Jerusalem to Arafat and he turned them down cold. The Palestinians have a homeland. It's called Jordan which is populated by 70% Palestinians. I have had my say on this thread and will get off my soapbox about this. No offence intended to anyone here.

Paaaleasse! Don't try to convince Christians that Israel is good for them. The spreading of Christianity is against the law in the "democracy" of Israel - punishable by 5 years in prison. It is also illegal for a gentile to marry a Jew in the "democracy" of Israel. Isreal is every bit as religiously radical as any muslim nation. Heck, why do you think Israel was formed in the first place? A radical religious movement called Zionism. The Zionist are still in charge in Israel as evidenced by the dominate political party - the Likud (formerly the terroristic Stern gang) and they want all of the ancient land of Palestine not just the modern state of Israel - most of them will tell you just that. Why do they continue to put settlements on land that is not theirs?

If you want to argue for Israel's case kindly keep Jesus out of it. I got a feeling he may beg to differ with you. When I was confirmation age my pastor took a trip to Israel. He returned a bit dishelved with the whole trip. He said that they don't like Christians too much. He was spit on and ridiculed for daring to wear the collar in public. I couldn't understand it at the time but I do now. Well documented links from the internet didn't have to convince me how I feel about Israel today.

Edited by: Kaptain Poop

I agree that we can not argue any further, as we have arrived at the "facts vs faith" argument.

You speak of convertees like those old crusaders back in 1095. Reminds me of the commander in chief's comments "a crusade against evil", and "they will welcome us with open arms." I believe he has the same mentality as you with regards to the middle east.

Mark my words - you will not convert a national religion based in a thousand years tradition any more then muslims will convert American christians. Especially with violence and coercion.

freedom1

Mentor
Attacking Iran will be a big mistake. It will turn the Europeans, Chinese and Russians against us. We're a debtor nation and are already militarily over committed in the Middle East.

We have no right to tell a sovereign nation whether they can have a nuclear plant or not. Israel is loaded with nukes and has been abusing the Palestinians for years. They have an absolutely horrific human rights record. They have no moral high ground what so ever. Also, the only country to ever use nukes on civilians is the United States.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Iran has signed onto and complied with every relevant atomic treaty. It has a perfect right to the peaceful development of atomic energy. There is no evidence that they are developing atomic weapons. It has not threatened us or threatened her neighbors.

But there is a certain nation that has never signed onto the International conventions regarding nuclear power--Israel.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Nor should they, it would be national suicide to do so.

White_Savage

Mentor
Israel has enough conventional weapons to defend itself from the ill-organized ragheads, especially with America's backing, so nukes for Israel are rather superfulous, though not scary like nukes for some other countries.

What annoys me is not so much the double standard, the Israelies ARE racially and culturally superior to their neighbors, it is that the mainstream worldview is so distorted that our leaders and media have to come up with any other excuse, no matter how lame, for the policy.

If we invade Iran, it will be the death-knell of this country. I am not arguing for the relative merits of the Iranians. Vietnam demonstrated it, Iraq is demonstrating it, the British and French colonial experience demonstrated it. You can take people's stuff by force of arms. You can kill them, and break their weapons. But no millitary, no matter how mighty, can CHANGE PEOPLE'S MINDS by force of arms, nor make a civilization out of uncivilizable people. Our young men will continue to die and be maimed for very little reason until we realize this.

We can blow up their weapons plants if we must. IMO, we can do whatever needs to be done to defend our country against other nations from thirty-thousand feet. But none of this boots on the ground, regime-change, nation-building, humanitarian crap. These peoples' reaction to soldiers trying to build hospitals and water-treatment planes is to send as many Americans home in body bags as possible. Whatever infrastructure we must destroy in the future, let us leave it destroyed and go home.Edited by: White_Savage

Kaptain

Master
The biggest single threat to America from a foreign nation is Israel. Not just economically but also militarily. Can you imagine what covert operations the mossad would run if a great man like Ron Paul one day became president? Try to tell me there would be no assasination plans. If the spicket of aid to Israel was suddenly shut off? If that were to happen, nuclear Israel would care not what happens to the U.S. We would become the New 1940's Germany.

whiteCB

Master
RON PAUL SAYS NOOOOO. I too say no. Whatever happened to a non-interventionist foreign policy approach?? Like the founders of this country would want.

Kaptain

Master
guest301 said:

That's a line oft repeated in the mainstream media but never explained. How would belonging to such organizations be national suicide? Is it also suicide for Iran? the U.S.? Russia? Israel's special victims status needs to end. How does a moderate level of nukes as opposed to having enough nukes to wipe out half the earth be suicide for a country the size of New Jersey? Must this country blow-up the rest of the world in order to survive? If so, why would we want them to survive?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
guest301 said:

That's a line oft repeated in the mainstream media but never explained. How would belonging to such organizations be national suicide? Is it also suicide for Iran? the U.S.? Russia? Israel's special victims status needs to end. How does a moderate level of nukes as opposed to having enough nukes to wipe out half the earth be suicide for a country the size of New Jersey? Must this country blow-up the rest of the world in order to survive? If so, why would we want them to survive?

I hate allowing myself to be a part of this thread because I feel like I am always swimming upstream.
smiley2.gif
Like I said before, Israel is so small that two well placed nukes would wipe them off the map. So having a stockpile of a estimated 200 to 300 nuclear weapons serves as a nice deterrent to a attack by Russia or China but not some crazy guy in Iran who thinks he could get away with it. Nobody would mess with Iran at all if they would get out of the terrorism business and quit trying to acquire nukes. They should be like Argentina, Brazil and Austrailia, responsible nations with no nukes because they don't need them. Israel clearly does or they would have ceased to be existed decades ago.Edited by: guest301