white running backs in the 2008 Draft

G

Lumsdenpower, I don't know if Sproles is more agile nor if Jones Drew is more powerful than Woodhead at this point. But the one thing I do know, is that Sproles is barely 507 and maybe a buck eighty (180lbs). During last years playoffs, he was a big part part of their(Chargers) success. And he is a small guy who is fast and shifty.

One thing I do know, is that Woodhead had a faster 40 yard time than Sproles. If the white head coaches/GM try to deny him a spot a NFL roster, not some f..king scout spot, then he needs to make a stand and I will do my part to support him in any way that can bring change.

The funny thing is that height is most likely more of a hinderence for a Running Back. Weight is a more legitimate gripe, but at 200 lbs, Woodhead is big enough to play the position. There are plenty of starting RB's in the NFL in the 200-205 range. I don't see how they can point to size as a negative for Woodhead, clearly it is just an excuse so they don't have to speak the unspoken out loud.

wasted_talent

I have compiled my own list of quality running backs that deserve a camp invite and any applicable info.

darryl stephenson (youtube highlights), justin beaver 4.41, danny woodhead 4.33, steve korte 4.32 on a slow track at 235 lbs (being looked at as a fullback), not alot of people would project a 4.3 rb to fullback, but the nfl is nothing if not creative, jacob hester 4.6 at 225 lbs, peyton hillis 4.57 pro day at 240lbs, jayson bird(out with injuries most of senior season).Not sure of Bird's forty, but looks fast on the field at 220 lbs. Interesting comparison here in that Bird's teamate, a fourth string black backup whoran a 4.85 is getting some nfl interest.Go figure. Justin Boyle (nfl body, but played behind the worst offensiveline in div.1, still average 4 ypc in acc)

For brevity's sake I won't list anymore as a number of them have already been listed in other posts. These are just my personal favorites.