white running backs in the 2008 Draft

Riddlewire

Master
I guess I should read the whole thread before posting, as I basically just repeated what Jimmy Chitwood had written earlier.
smiley18.gif

devans

Mentor
[/QUOTE]

Other notes on Justin's Pro Day.

From here, which also includes some other interesting information. For example, the Pats and Colts are both interested in Justin.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny the way it's always the same teams that give white
players a chance. It's teams like the Pats and the Colts at the moment.
Can you imagine the above quote but saying the Jags and Dolphins?

Does anyone know if Bill Polian is still involved with the Colts? I
seem to have an idea from somewhere he retired or left. He helped to
build the Bills teams of the eighties and nineties that gave chances to
good white players like Steve Tasker, Don Beebe, Chris Walsh, Kurt
Shulz, Justin Armour and more.

On another note, can we all maybe stop trying to banish people who disagree with us? I don't think Mike has broken any rules and should be allowed to have his say. Don't you think the forum is a place for (amongst other things) debate, argument, disagreement?

White Power

Mentor
Justin Beavers will get a shot to play pro football mainly because of Wes Welker, and how he performed for the Patriots this past season. This Beavers kid is something special, and even though he is white I beleive he will be given a legitimate shot at making an NFL roster. I think he could even be drafted by another team obviously if the Colts and Patriots are interested in him then other teams will want to steal their thunder by picking this player before they do. Edited by: White Power

I found Viti's results on nfl.com, still nothing listed for Woodhead.

» FB <STRONG _extended="true">Mike Viti[/b] (5-9, 242): Ran the 40 in 4.87 and 4.86, had a 30 ½-inch vertical jump, 8-foot, 7-inch long jump, 4.60 short shuttle and 7.37 cone drill.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I saw the same thing on a couple of sites, Leonardfan. Still no reply from Danny, but I don't think he's on much.

Stonewall

Guru
From Draft Daddy:

Former Louisiana State University star Jacob Hester can play a hybrid role as a halfback/fullback in the N.F.L......He may wind up as an H-back type, but our N.F.L. source thinks he is the kind of guy the Patriots will draft to eventually replace Kevin Faulk, who is also from Lousiana....Meanwhile, former Arkansas Razorback Peyton Hillis is one of the most athletic fullbacks around. A team like the Washington Redskins, under Joe Gibbs or Marty Schottenheimer, would utilize this type back extensively. But there are not many teams these days who feature the fullback that much, so if's he's gonna get drafted as high as he should be, a team will need to feel he can play some tailback.

From Draft Daddy

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Great find, stonewall. Though I love how honest and unbiased draft daddy is...their pleasant predictions concerning white players seldom come true (see Matt Jones).

I do believe that Hester will be an H-back, Chris Cooley type of player (hopefully with the Pats, Colts, or Chargers). I could see Hester being taken in the mid 2nd round. He will never be a feature back in NFL, because obviously, he's a strong, athletic white man. Peyton Hillis, however, will probably end up like Heath Evans...a fullback who gets about 10-20 carries a season.
smiley7.gif

Personally, I think the only white RB with any shot at being strickly an NFL RB in the coming years is Sam McGuffie. That is, if he eventually excells at Michigan.Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's still Brian Leonard. I believe Steven Jackson is a free agent after the '08 season so it's possible he could sign somewhere else. If so the Rams would have the choice of starting Leonard or drafting or signing a "real" tailback.

But Leonard will get screwed too, just as the Rams were already giving Minor and Pittman the carries when Jackson got hurt. I agree with Thrashen, but even McGuffie will be found to have some flaw,too small, not durable enoughor whatever. This has been going on for so long now that it's going to take lawsuits and/or a strong shift in public opinion among white players and fans for it to change.

G

The above two posts sound awfully pessesmistic. I am glad I found this site and enjoy conversing with intelligent people, but these type of posts are somewhat depressing.

It would be like me stating, "Hey you going to watch Kelly Pavlik fight Jermine Taylor. The fight starts at 830 pm. But yeah he is going to lose anyway, cuase he is white."

Think about it. This site should be about identifying injustices and the double standards and hopefully inspire great white athelets to draw a line in the sand or speak up against the racism they face in the NFL.

And not be 'Debbie Downers.'

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"The above two posts sound awfully pessesmistic. I am glad I found this site and enjoy conversing with intelligent people, but these type of posts are somewhat depressing."

Personally, I was trying to be realistic, not pessimistic. The reality of the situation is that there have been hundreds of white RBs with alot better skillset (speed, quickness, strength, NCAA stats) than Jacob Hester. For instance, Brian Leonard! This is a fact that nobody here can deny.

The sad part is, Hester is an amazing RB in every way...so can you imagine how good Luke Staley was??

Mike

Guru
Check DD. Now.

But the big show came from 5-foot-7, 197-pound Danny Woodhead, pride of Chadron State. His 40 time registered between 4.33 and 4.38 seconds, depending on whose clock you were looking at. He also had a 38 1/2-inch vertical. He also put up 225 pounds 20 times, which wasn't even as good as he wanted.

Very, very impressive stuff.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
smiley32.gif

I just read that about Danny. Thats a big F U to all the caste followers,brainwashed drunk white fans and leftist media. Way to go Danny
smiley32.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"His 40 time registered between 4.33 and 4.38 seconds, depending on whose clock you were looking at."

Makes you wonder how many thousands of freakishly amazing white athletes would come crawling out from under the caste boulder that is constantly smashing them down.

However, I don't think anything a white RB will do in terms of the sacred "measurables" will be good enough (remember Kevin Kasper?). Honestly, I still see him getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round...if at all.

Trust me, the second white skill players actually begin to put up far seperior combine numbers to their black counterparts (not to mention vastly superior NCAA stats)...the caste gods in the NFL will find some other way to keep them down (size, hips, team chemistry, whatever). Either way, a great 40 time, and best of luck to Danny!Edited by: Thrashen

G

This is great news about Danny Woodhead. About a month ago I said Danny should be the chosen one to speak up about the racist NFL against whites. Senior members on this site said it was a pipe dream of mine to urge Danny in this movement(he is not recognized enough). If those numbers of his are real and he doesn't get drafted nor make a team then that is the moment he needs to strike. And members of this site should support him.

The real villians of the caste system are the white head coaches and GMs. They have so much influence and are continuing to keep the white skill/defensive players down. We should focus our anger towards them and not so much the drunk whites fans.

Here is a list of the top 10 White Draft Prospects at RB for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Ranking listed in ()

1. Danny Woodhead, Chadron State (38)

2. Justin Beaver, Wisconsin-Whitewater (54)

3. Lindy Crea, Hartwick (70)

4. Andy Moriarty, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (94)

5. Tyler Sherden, Luther (97)

6. Denny Kimmel, Anderson-Indiana (101)

7. Chris Sharpe, Springfield (102)

8. Cory Koenig, South Dakota State (105)

9. Rudy Arcara, Iona (111)

10. Tom Sturges, Gettysburg (127)Edited by: reclaimsocal

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thats basically what I told Danny this morning. Here's my message to him.

Way to go at pro day! I think you really opened some eyes there, especially with your 40 time. In my opinion, you deserve a fair chance to play in the NFL. I know there were RBs at Nebraska and other Big 12 schools that were the same size as you or smaller, so they cannot honestly say you were too small. We all know what the reason was, the color of your skin. Anti-white discrimination is real, especially at the skill positions like yours. Your case is but one of hundreds of such examples of discrimination from the last 25-30 years. Unless the people who have been affected by it start to speak up about what is going on, nothing will change. Most of the media is so anti-white in their bias that they will never report on it, even though they know it exists. The only way the general public will learn about this discrimination is when the athletes themselves expose it. They are the ones who have the means to make it known to a large group of people. I hope you have a great March and that you get drafted in April and are given a fair shot at RB in the NFL. If someone tries to screw you over once you are in the league, fight it with every available means. You have a lot of people pulling for you Danny! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

whiteCB

Master
Kukulcan said:
The real villians of the caste system are the white head coaches and GMs. They have so much influence and are continuing to keep the white skill/defensive players down. We should focus our anger towards them and not so much the drunk whites fans.

The real villains are the college recruiters who switch white CBs, RBs, and WRs, to color appropriate positions such as S, LB, TE, and so on. They're also the ones who don't give players like Woodhead a chance in the world. So even though the NFL certainly not fair towards white guys they're just working with what the college ranks give to them. It all starts from the bottom up.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thank God that Danny didn't run a 4.55 or slower, with the 4.33 to 4.38 he did run and the numbers he put up in college, he almost certainly has to be giving a shot at tailback in the NFL. Just trying to be optimistic.

forty-four

Guru
Man, I hate this. It reminds of how hopeful I was about Jesse Lumsden. I hope this guys catches a break, but history often repeats itself. If he gets a chance he will have to be incredible and it sounds like he can be, so I'll keep hoping.

Stonewall

Guru
2007 Combine 40 times: Here's some info I obtained quickly (so it may not be 100% error free) from last year's Combine. This doesn't even include guys like Tony Hunt (a third round pick last year) who didn't run because they knew their times would be weak. Of the 26 backs listed below, 11 were not even drafted. This shows how overrated the Combine is, and also bolsters the viewpoint that our white backs clearly deserve to be drafted. Personnel men who ignore backs like Hester and Woodhead do so at their own peril.

Adrian Peterson Oklahoma6'2" 217 4.4Rd. 1
Ahmad Bradshaw Marshall5'11" 195 4.6Rd. 7
Alonzo Coleman Hampton5'10" 2054.49ND
Antonio Pittman Ohio St.5'11" 195 4.4Rd. 4
Brandon Jackson Nebraska5'11" 210 4.57Rd. 2
Brian Leonard Rutgers6'2" 2264.49Rd. 2
Chris Henry Arizona6'0" 2284.4 Rd. 2
Cory Anderson Tennessee6'3" 2584.69ND
Darius Walker Notre Dame5'10 2084.56ND
Deon Anderson Connecticut 5'10" 228 4.68ND
DeShawn Wynn Florida5'11" 2284.48Rd. 7
Dwayne Wright Fresno St.6'1" 2104.68Rd. 4
Eldra Buckley Chattanooga 5'9" 2054.59ND
Gary Russell Minnesota5'10" 229 4.8ND
Jason Snelling Virginia5'11" 245 4.74Rd. 7
Jon Cornish Kansas 5'11" 2104.67ND
Kenneth Darby Alabama5'10" 2124.64Rd. 7
Kenny Irons Auburn 5'10" 1984.45Rd. 2
Kolby Smith Louisville5'11" 2154.51Rd. 5
Le'Ron McClain Alabama6'1" 2564.86ND
Lorenzo Booker Florida St. 5'10" 188 4.46Rd. 3
Marshawn Lynch California 5'11" 217 4.46Rd. 1
Nate Ilaoa Hawaii 5'08" 245 4.78ND
Ramonce Taylor Texas Coll 5'11" 195 4.5ND
Thomas Clayton Kansas St. 5'10" 220 4.65Rd. 6
Tyrone Moss Miami (FL)5'9" 235 4.7ND

G

Colonel Reb, that was a great thing you did, making contact with him and letting him know he has the support of the members of this site.

If the NFL tries to overlook him, he needs to bring up the running back Sporels from the Chargers who has had success last year. The major difference is he is black.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks Kukulcan. Communicating with these guys to let them know that they aren't alone and to encourage them can only be a good thing. Hopefully the number of white skill players who know about CF and understand what they are up against will continue to grow, and as a result they will grow more vocal in defending and standing up for themselves and other white players.