Week 2 2009

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Member logins and posting, I think you could call member traffic. As far as traffic as a whole, maybe I should have clarified myself better. As Electric Slide said, I hate to see anyone who agrees that the discrimination against white athletes has to end, leave the site if they aren't rude to everyone and everything. Members who are very rude like Nevada and then later show up on other boards saying that that (for the most part) there is little discrimination in sports, I don't take issue with their banning. Maybe I stick up for new members too much, but I want to see the site grow and them to get a chance.
<div> </div>
<div>And again, you said "traffic," not "member traffic" or "guest traffic."  Such repeated imprecise use of language reflects either a cluttered mind or a disingenuous one.  And again, your assertion, whatever you may claim it was from post to post, was wrong, backed by nothing but your wish that it were so.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Btw, page views to CF have been soaring in recent months.  September will set another record, at over 400% higher than even six months ago.  Somehow we've managed to do that without the grumpy race-mixing advocate Sark and the self-professed troll Jervey posting.   Hard to believe, isn't it?</div>

I can assure you my mind isn't cluttered. I admit it is an assumption that all the "debate" and member traffic that Jervey created in threads he was active in would effect traffic as a whole, but I think it's a reasonable conjecture. I don't have access to the guest hit statistics. I remember things had slowed down a lot during this entire off-season and was hoping to see an increase of things to read again.

I think it's great to know that we have been getting record hits on the site so far this season and think it will continue if we continue to have variety in the posts. Not all of us are the same, but as long as we aren't truly extreme on either end of the spectrum (moderates or hardliners- and I'm not trying to box everyone in to one group or the other) by attacking other posters/ people for our differences I think the site will continue to grow. If we have a site of robots without any differing opinions it will get truly boring. The only thing I think we should all agree on is that true CaucasianRivals trolls opinions aren't wanted here.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I guess that's all I'll say on this topic. I'll let someone else have the last word (as Bill O'Reilly says- but unlike him I'll honor it).

I'm getting excited for this next weekend of football, it starts tomorrow. Jake Sharp is going to play and he's going to have a big bounce back week, I predict. Hopefully Welker will be back to have a big week at the NFL level!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jake Sharp is back for sure this week? Or is it still a game time decision?

He was looking unreal the first few games, he looked to be playing at a much faster pace than everyone else, I hope he can come back to form.

Hopefully Welker will have a great week too.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I guess that's all I'll say on this topic. I'll let someone else have the last word (as Bill O'Reilly says- but unlike him I'll honor it).

I'm getting excited for this next weekend of football, it starts tomorrow. Jake Sharp is going to play and he's going to have a big bounce back week, I predict. Hopefully Welker will be back to have a big week at the NFL level!

Hopefully Kevin Walter can make his season debut as well for the TExans!