"We All Be The Same"day

Deacon

Guru
mrjohnnynofear said:
I doubt Jackie (or any other person) would want all this attention i.e. #42 day etc. I'm not saying he wasn't a decent person (from what I can tell) or a good ball player. But no man is bigger than the game and I think even he would say that.
smiley11.gif

Agreed. I think that it is absolutely pathetic that every MLB team was forced to retire the number 42 because of Jackie. No person is bigger than the game, like you said.

Europe

Mentor
The Braves and Brewers are wearing Negro League uniforms today to honor the Negro League. WHY? Enough already.

Europe said:
The Braves and Brewers are wearing Negro League uniforms today to honor the Negro League. WHY? Enough already.

if they wanted to honor the Negro League then they shoulda worn basketball jerseys.

oh, you mean theotherNegro League!
smiley36.gif

Europe said:

if they wanted to honor the Negro League then they shoulda worn basketball jerseys.

oh, you mean the other Negro League!
smiley36.gif

Deacon said:
mrjohnnynofear said:
I doubt Jackie (or any other person) would want all this attention i.e. #42 day etc. I'm not saying he wasn't a decent person (from what I can tell) or a good ball player. But no man is bigger than the game and I think even he would say that.
smiley11.gif

Agreed. I think that it is absolutely pathetic that every MLB team was forced to retire the number 42 because of Jackie. No person is bigger than the game, like you said.

To think that one of my favorite Mets, Roger McDowell, once wore #42. Retiring #42 just because Jackie Robinson wore it was a pigheaded act on behalf of commish Selig and what other trash infested the MLB ivory tower.