"We All Be The Same"day

LabMan

Mentor
In major league baseball,Wednesday used to be known as get away day,as teams played afternoon games so they could leave early enough to arrive at the next city at a reasonable time,well,they did play this afternoon,there were at least six games played.

This was Jackie Robinson day,according to some,how does anyone get a full day dedicated to one player?has it been done before?In all games played this afternoon all players wore the number 42!,Did the teams and players have a choice?,in past years,some players on this sacred day chose to wear their regular season numbers.

We will have to watch the evening games to see if those teams have capitulated also,and if so,where is the pressure coming from?,Most of these players are young kids who have been subjected to many years of political correctness/cultural marxism,what would happen if a player said."I have worn #30 since my little league days,and I want to wear it today"?

He would certainly make a strong statement saying,"We don't all be the same"!

For all of the nincompoops who still believe in the mantra that we are a "colorblind" society, Jackie Robinson is a perfect example of why that mentality is a bold-faced lie.

In Queens, NY, there is a Jackie Robinson Parkway (formerly Interboro Parkway). There is also a Jackie Robinson Field located not too far from CitiField (the Mets' stadium). I believe it was also the Mets who initiated the Jackie Robinson worship in MLB. One would think that Robinson was the greatest baseball player in the history of the sport to have these kinds of accolades. Statistically, he was no better than the average blue chip player, but Robinson has one advantage over every one else: he is black.

His blackness alone is the reason why he is been officially crowned the almighty patron saint of baseball. And being the first black to play a major league sport is more important than a player of the calibre of a Babe Ruth and a Ty Cobb.

Even with all of the blind worship major league baseball has for Robinson, blacks still are decreasing in number among the baseball ranks. And why not? For a sport that is hell bent on making it almost entirely Latin (and with a set-aside percentage of Asians), blacks no longer have the interest anymore. For whites it's a different story because although they can try their hardest to weed them out of the majors, whites will always be a presence in the game.

Sometimes it makes you wonder what is the point of the pretentious gloating over Robinson when they ought to be doing likewise over players like Roberto Clemente? Unfortunately for Clemente, he is not too quick to get orgasmic over because he is a black Latin. You gots to be Ol' Man River black to be given special treatment.

Robinson has been overrated since that blasted 1997 season, when the powers-that-be in baseball began giving away the Kool Aid in droves. More than ten years later, it's the same old story. Sadly, Queens, NY, overdosed on the stuff a long time ago.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
LabMan said:
In major league baseball,Wednesday used to be known as get away day,as teams played afternoon games so they could leave early enough to arrive at the next city at a reasonable time,well,they did play this afternoon,there were at least six games played.

This was Jackie Robinson day,according to some,how does anyone get a full day dedicated to one player?has it been done before?In all games played this afternoon all players wore the number 42!,Did the teams and players have a choice?,in past years,some players on this sacred day chose to wear their regular season numbers.

We will have to watch the evening games to see if those teams have capitulated also,and if so,where is the pressure coming from?,Most of these players are young kids who have been subjected to many years of political correctness/cultural marxism,what would happen if a player said."I have worn #30 since my little league days,and I want to wear it today"?

He would certainly make a strong statement saying,"We don't all be the same"!

I share your pain, my friend.

Europe

Mentor
60% of the players in MLB are white and 10% black and Joe Morgan isn't satisfied. 67% of this country is white and 12 or so % black.They should be looking to get more white players into the league not black and get rid of the 29% foreign players. Why are they making a big deal about this this year? I don't get it. It seems more than usual.

StarWars

Mentor
The caste system with all its power will never take away America's pasttime away from whites no matter how hard they try, because white people refuse to believe that they can be beat at baseball. If we had that mentality in other sports it would be a different story. Seriously, the civil rights campaign should stop focusing on black people today because today they cause their own suffering. If they just try at school and get B's they can get a scholarship to Harvard, yet they refuse to do that. I think its time society stops being so hypocritical and actually treats blacks as equals, instead of being so praising yet condescending. We are patronizing the black "heroes" who in reality are just average players or hateful people. Malcom x was a bad person, but try telling that to a college professor.

LabMan

Mentor
Viewing most evening games through a baseball subscription package,it appears that all players wore the number 42 on this day!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
That's the thing, LabMan. Bud Selig retired the number "in perpituity" but then it has gradually moved from a few select blacks wearing it once a year to everyone bearing the burden of baseball's obsession with Jackie Robinson.

Heck, it even seems like the Yankees new stadium is more a Jackie Robinson place of worship than a baseball field.

Every year, one and all, let's pay homage to Jackie Robinson!

Pathetic
smiley21.gif
Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see the announcers start sporting number 42 as well, all season long. In fact, I'd like to see every single person in the United States, from ages 1 to 101, be forced to wear number 42 on Jackie Robinson Day. Hell, maybe instead of the tunic in sci-fi movies, it can be our official national every dayuniform.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I also noticed ESPN was blaring with great enthusiasm the marginal uptick of black players in MLB. I think the stats went from 8.7 to 10.2 percent. That should be a permanent statistic on 42 day....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Selig and his cronies retired the #42 across baseball, breaking unprecedented grounds in the process. No player was ever given this honor. This doesn't bother me much but what does is the fact that Babe Ruth's family, mainly his daughter, have been fighting for years to get the Babe's number retired as well. Of course these pleads fall on deaf ears. Now consider Ruth's impact on the game. His presence inflated baseball's popularity and turned it into America's Pastime. He was the most dominate hitter of all time and a great pitcher as well. If not for the Babe, no one would have given a damn about future generations of players including Jackie Robinson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ruth will never be treated with the dignity he deserves. Just the other night on the MLB Network one of the studio talking heads mentioned someone not being in great shape, and immediately one of the other ones (white of course) said, "Babe Ruth trained on beer and hot dogs." This provoked uproarious laughter from the entire set.

When white men are remembered at all they're turned into demeaning cartoon caricatures. I was just reading in the business section of the Vegas paper today how a group of investors who had planned to build an "Elvis-themed resort" on the Strip ended up defaulting on their loan. An Elvis resort? WTF??? There's literally thousands of middle-aged, usually overweight, white men who try to make a living in this country as Elvis impersonators. It's seen as harmless fun, but it's part of the whole culture of endless white self-mocking and self-loathing.

Same thing with the way presidents are used in ads and on commercials to sell products. I'm no fan of Lincoln, but there's a commercial running now that shows him stripping off his shirt and flexing and daring anyone to fight him. Quite a contrast to the way blacks areonly portrayed in the most solemn and revered ways.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Very true Don, good points. I can't imagine a "hero" like MLK or Malcolm X being portrayed in a comical manner to sell crap on TV.

LabMan

Mentor
Announcers would be good Don,but why not velcro #42's for all in attendance at all games,and also for all public service workers,meter readers,milkmen,etc.I'm sure that when I get my beautiful Labrador Retriever groomed,the magic number could be styled on both sides with clippers.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
LabMan said:
Announcers would be good Don,but why not velcro #42's for all in attendance at all games,and also for all public service workers,meter readers,milkmen,etc.I'm sure that when I get my beautiful Labrador Retriever groomed,the magic number could be styled on both sides with clippers.

Milkman? when was the last time you saw a milkman, I mentioned something about a milkman to my kids the other day and they didn't know what I was talking about.
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It won't be long before kids won't know what a paperboy was. Ahh, progress. . .

LabMan

Mentor
Jax,

Check out the ANU discussion board,under media,"A Foundation For a Better Life",and read about the Asian milkman.

Tom Iron

Mentor
jaxvid,

When I was a kid, there was a story in the paper that a milkman had to retire because he was blind and the horse that drew his wagon/truck died and the milkman was blind and the horse knew the route and the houses and stoped at each one daily and the milkman knew how many bottles to leave by how many were put out for pickup. So when the horse died, the milkman couldn't continue because a new horse wouldn't stop at the correct houses like the old horse.

I always remembered that.

Tom Iron...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
jaxvid,

When I was a kid, there was a story in the paper that a milkman had to retire because he was blind and the horse that drew his wagon/truck died and the milkman was blind and the horse knew the route and the houses and stoped at each one daily and the milkman knew how many bottles to leave by how many were put out for pickup. So when the horse died, the milkman couldn't continue because a new horse wouldn't stop at the correct houses like the old horse.

I always remembered that.

Tom Iron...

You remember milk being delivered by horse?!!
smiley36.gif
You make me feel young! I can make others here feel young by mentioning that I worked as a milkman's helper one summer as a young kid. He was one of the last ones around. It was a tough job. Up at 5am and carrying those heavy glass bottles of milk up to people's houses. I hated it! Not to mention we had to load huge chunks of dry ice every day to keep the stuff cold. I don't think milkman would have had enough energy to do much extracuricular activity with the local housewives.

Tom Iron

Mentor
jaxvid,

Yup, I remember that story in the Brooklyn Eagle newspaper. The Brooklyn Eagle is long gone too, as now most newspapers will be in a very short time, which doesn't really break my heart, although I do feel some sympathy for the blue collar workers who work for most of the rags that will go out of business. As far as the writers and editors of the papers, good ridance.

Tom Iron...

I doubt Jackie (or any other person) would want all this attention i.e. #42 day etc. I'm not saying he wasn't a decent person (from what I can tell) or a good ball player. But no man is bigger than the game and I think even he would say that.
smiley11.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
mrjohnnynofear,

Good post. There was a sports radio guy around here named Chris Russo who said what you said. He said when they were kicking it around what to name the new Mets ballpark, that any talk of naming it Jackie Robinson Stadium or something like that was crazy. He really went on about it. Of course, they named it CITI Field. But they did get in the idiocy of Jackie Robinson Rotunda just as you walk in the main entrance.

Just more BS.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There was a big article about Robinson last week that the local paper picked up. In it, his widow was quoted as saying that Jackie was modest and would be amazed by all the attention and accolades he's receiving all these years later. In an article a few years ago it wasstated that newspapers hardly noticed Robinson's first game with the Dodgers back in 1947 and it was not a big deal to most players or fans. Baseball already had employed non-white players (such as certain Cubans and other hispanics who obviously had some negro blood), and the ballparks had always been desegregated. Unfortunately, it's one of those "useful" historical events (useful to the Powers That Be) that is magnified and made more important to the national storyline as time goes on.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Useful" could also be used to describe events such as the emacipation proclimation, MLK's assassination, the Chicago race riots, and holocaust, the Rodney King beating, etc.

The powers that be have hand-selected these specific "historical events" (among many others) with the sole intent of ingraining in every human being that these "historical events" were the result of white bigotry, and cannot be repeated.

This is no different than the way that "news" stories are hand-selected by the News-Jews on a daily basis.

National newscasts are sickening little talking points which cover a wide range of emotions for the viewer (anger, patriotism, fear, empathy, joy). A 10 year old kid could notice this hilariously obvious pattern.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Another example is the Columbine "anniversary" news stories that I have seen everywhere. Why? It was a depressing, sad event. What's the point of reliving it on an annual basis? To create animosity towards gun ownership, that's why. There is no other reason to go over and over painful events from the past.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Columbine also feeds the general feelings of dread andimminent danger that the power structure has been inculcating in society for a long time but especially since 9/11. It helps justify schools being turned into security prisons where the kids areconstantly surveilled and lockers searched, and which go into lockdown mode at the slightest perceived threat.