Wariner’s Success Is Not Extraordinary

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this isn't track-related, but it does touch on free_safety's notion that white people haven't succumbed to the media's negrophile propaganda.

i went to an Air Force base on Saturday afternoon to play basketball with some friends from church. we were, of course, all white. we walked into the gym, and it was like the lights had been turned on (if you catch my drift).

anyway, pretty soon the games became white versus black. my buddies and i ruled the court for better than two hours, as team after team of blacks tried to beat us. they kept rotating players in and trying to stack teams to up their talent level and increase their chance of winning, but to no avail. the looks on their faces were priceless as the white men kept holding them down.
smiley36.gif

to get to the point of the story...afterwards when we were hanging out with various friends over the next couple of days, when someone was told that we played against a bunch of blacks in hoops, the other party would unanimously assume we got our butts kicked and were shocked that in fact we had done the butt whooping.

does that small illustration show you how powerfully effective and far-ranging the indoctrination has become? perception is reality, and white people in this country have been shown/told for decades that they are always athletically inferior to blacks.

The joys of dealing with trolls, one doesn't know where to start. Kenyans
have been caught using drugs. Chepchumba was ko'd for EPO, sort of a
sacrifice from Rosa's crew - from his son's crew, excuse me. Daniel
Komen was popped for "excess caffeine", sure. Didn't run to well after
that, no wonder most people think it was more than Starbucks on tap. Of
course, the excuses regarding 'special metabolisms' that make it 'look
like' the athlete was doping come up. Lagat was popped for EPO, but he
ended up with the 'false positive' AND his manager being told by the IAAF
to stop claiming his athlete was fingered unjustly. For all the talk, the
official IAAF reason Lagat was released was for a 'technicality'. Then
there's Ngugi refusing drug tests and getting blasted, Kitur caught on
roids (he was fast 400 meter man). I could go on, but you see the picture.
However, the Africans seem to get off on 'technicalities' or 'extraordinary
circumstances'. Look at the S. African runner Sepeng, he's getting the
extraoridinay circumstances treatment. Thys, the white S. African popped
for the same thing (nandralone) has not had officials rushing to aid
instantly as they did for Sepeng. Why is that? Oh no, it's just paranoia.

BTW, no one has said all the Kenyans are dirty, and only a fool would
think they are all clean. Most insiders feel that Rosa and Hermens etc. are
working with the best 'responders' to some drugs - which means they
might not be the most naturally talented E. Africans. Couple the large
participation of E. Africans with the almost nil interest in Europe and even
worse in the US, you will see a disparity. However, to think that Rosa,
conveniently leaving cycling during the middle of a drug investigation to
coach Kenyan runners doesn't at least warrant a second look is naive or
shows willful igorance. Hermens reputation as an athlete speaks for
itself. Kostre, well, there's one of those E. Bloc fellas somehow ending up
in Ethiopia.

If there were equal interest in distance running in Europe, or even the
interest in the sport there was from the 1960's to the early 80's, probably
half your top runners would be from Europe, which would still mean E.
Africans having a huge share from smaller populations. Removing drugs
from the equation would probably result in some slower records, or at
least the elimination of some questionable performances - such as Geb,
who struggled to break 13 in the 5k a few years later running sub 13 to
wrap up a very quick 10k. Yes, it's all mental or due to generations of
ancestors living at high altitude.

How could anyone really indulge in conspiracy? Too many people would
find out. How was Carl Lewis' drug use buried for over 20 years? Drug
use he doesn't try to deny anymore. No, no officials conspired to keep
that secret. Nope. Too many people involved, yesiree. Selective
enforcement and attention goes on in other sports. Remember the folks
in DC making a show about steroid use in MLB. Conveniently, no black
Americans called in - although Bonds and Sheffield figured prominently.
The NFL? A bastion of fairness, real world results and numbers
notwithstanding. Nothing like dealing with trolls. They say whatever they
want or repeat PC dogma without anything to back themselves up. The
TIm Wise school of debate, lie and run. It's the marxist way!

Are white kids so easily led? Look around. Maybe look at yourself. Then
again, maybe you're one of the leaders.

The current rise of whites in some sports, and the appearance of whites
in events for years deemed 'black only' is probably the result of some
kind of subconscious rebellion, wherein some kids just don't care
anymore, and partly the result of the inevitable swing of the pendulum
when artificial situations are in place. The increased attacks on whites,
subtle and not so subtle signify an awareness on the part of the enemies
of whites, although their arrogance will never let them admit such.

Freedom

Mentor
Kostas Kentris was white too, right?
There are tons of blacks from the burroughs that have NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL, but have been surrounded by it.
MTV is the enemy. Destroy MTV, destroy the problem.

Alpha Male

Mentor
White_Savage said:
Guys:
Research has already answered this question for us.
A study by blackathlete.net showed that Black children get into formal sports at a rate 7 times that of White children. This effectively cancels the numerical advantage of Whites. When you consider that Blacks are also more likely to concentrate their numbers in a few sports-football, basketball, and track, rather than spreading out in alot of sports like Whites, the implications are pretty obvious.

Actually, it was conducted by Northwestern Unversity and discussed on blackathlete.com, which gives the study, in my opinion, alot more validity.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
this isn't track-related, but it does touch on free_safety's notion that white people haven't succumbed to the media's negrophile propaganda.

i went to an Air Force base on Saturday afternoon to play basketball with some friends from church. we were, of course, all white. we walked into the gym, and it was like the lights had been turned on (if you catch my drift).

anyway, pretty soon the games became white versus black. my buddies and i ruled the court for better than two hours, as team after team of blacks tried to beat us. they kept rotating players in and trying to stack teams to up their talent level and increase their chance of winning, but to no avail. the looks on their faces were priceless as the white men kept holding them down.
smiley36.gif

to get to the point of the story...afterwards when we were hanging out with various friends over the next couple of days, when someone was told that we played against a bunch of blacks in hoops, the other party would unanimously assume we got our butts kicked and were shocked that in fact we had done the butt whooping.

does that small illustration show you how powerfully effective and far-ranging the indoctrination has become? perception is reality, and white people in this country have been shown/told for decades that they are always athletically inferior to blacks.
Plunk in a tape of the 2004 Olympics and see the US lose to all white Argentine team, or a tape of the Worlds in Indy and watch the US lose to of all countries Puerto Rico.........
smiley36.gif
Then ask these morons if they still believe in all of this garbage.......
smiley5.gif

freedom1

Mentor
Wariner ran a 44.84 into the wind at Modesto yesterday. The guy is just plain awesome.

Below I posted some results from a meet in Osaka Japan. It was Gatlin's first meet and he's already under 10. His goal this year is to break the world record. The Australian, Batman got second in the 200. Takahira of Japan won in 20.48. Lu Xiang easily beat a soft field in the hurdles. He's just coming back from an injury.

100-1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.95 seconds. 2, Marcus Brunson, United States, 10.14. 3, Shingo Suetsugu, Japan, 10.28. 4, Kazuyoshi Hidaka, Japan, 10.40. 5, Nobuharu Asahara, Japan, 10.47. 6, Shinya Saburi, Japan, 10.51.

200-1, Shinji Takahira, Japan, 20.48. 2, Daniel Batman, Australia, 20.56. 3, Yusuke Omae, Japan, 20.57. 4, Marcin Urbas, Poland, 20.63. 5, Seth Amoo, Ghana 20.71. 6, Brian Dzingai, Zimbabwe, 20.80.

400-1, Gary Kikaya, Congo, 45.06. 2, Yuzo Kanemaru, Japan, 45.41. 3, Leonard Byrd, United States, 46.22. 4, James Davis, United States, 46.43. 5, Dai Tamesue, Japan, 46.49. 6, Lancford Davis, United States, 46.60.

5,000-1, Martin Irungu Mathathi, Kenya, 13:05.55. 2, James Mwangi Murigi, Kenya, 13:12.26. 3, Josephat Muchiri Ndambiri, Kenya, 13:13.27. 4, John Kariuki, Kenya, 13:14.49. 5, Daniel Muchunu Mwangi, Kenya, 13:51.86. 6, Kazuyoshi Tokumoto, Japan, 14:01.77.

110 hurdles-1, Liu Xiang, China, 13.22. 2, Maurice Wignall, Jamaica, 13.50. 3, Masato Naito, Japan, 13.64. 4, Tasuku Tanonaka, Japan, 13.72. 5, Jermaine Cooper, United States, 13.74. 6, Yasunori Yoshioka, Japan, 13.76.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner won by a landslide.Mitch Potter came in 3rd in the race and Spearmon was 4th.Jeremy continues to amaze and defy his skeptics.What more will it take for him to prove to people that he is the best in the world?I really want to see him make an assault on the world record.MJ went sub 44 four times in his best season.Wariner has a goal to do it at least five times and to eventually break the world record.

The 400 Hurdles in Osaka had a guy from Greece break their national record in the race.He finished 2nd.I will have to get his name but he looks like he will be a force to be reckoned with.South Africa always excells with their 400 Hurdles Teams.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In the race in Jamaica,Andrew Rock came in 2nd in a very fast time of 44.89!It's good to see Andrew in fine early season form.

One other thing.Wariner will be racing his next 200 meters in two weeks at the Addidas Track Classic.With it being so close to summer,the conditions hopefully will be almost perfect.He really needs to start getting his times down lower in the deuce.Keep up the great sprinting Jeremy!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would guess he would be around a 4.4 in the 40.He is very long strides & it takes him a little bit to get up to speed.The 40 is such a short sprint.It still a joke that Wariner wanted to play football and wasn't offered a scholarship.I guess he was too slow like most whites are perceived to be.What a joke!!No one could have covered this guy consistantly at receiver.He would have tore defenses arpart.That being said,I'm glad that for once the Caste System worked in our favor.We may be watching one of the greatest sprinters that has ever lived and that is far more important!Footballs Loss is for sure Tracks Gain!!

free-safety

From Steve B

With the exception of Great Britain, Germany, and Russia, the rest of Europe's track development is light years behind the U.S. For example, one of the top 2 sprinters in Europe is Matic Osovnikar. He was a competitive downhill skier until his late teens. If he would have been discovered in his early teens, he might be one of the top 100m guys in the world.

So does a caste system exist in GB, Germany, Russia and Australia, all of which have excellent development programs. Have you ever heard about the Australian Institutes of sport ? It's the reason Oz wins more medals per capita than any other country. Speaking of talent that never gets discovered, I have to say Africa takes the lead. There's tons of talent there but most of it goes to waste because there are no development programs.

We are not talking about excluding him from the team. Early in their development, the vast majority of white kids are automatically slotted to the longer distance
Any track coaches who read your comments would take such claims as an insult.
A coach would have to be incompetent to slot a sprinter to long distance events. Its basic knowledge that most natural sprinters cannot hack it at long distances. Even switching a person from 100m to 200m demands careful consideration

can think of two right off the top of my head. Trey Griffin (white) was one of the top two 100m sprinters in Texas in 2001, DeBryan Blanton (black) was the other. Both had identical PB of 10.32. Griffin was not offered a track scholarship by any of the major schools, Blanton went to Oklahoma. Griffin played football for SMU, where he rarely saw the field. He ran a little track in the offseason, but SMU dropped its track program. Luckily, he was able to transfer to Texas for his last season of eligibility, but to my understanding, he isn't on scholarship.
Its impossible for anyone who regularly clocks 10.32 or thereabouts to go without being offered scholarships by a big school. Your conspiracy thories are too wild. I refuse to believe that white coaches are this biased against white sprinters. I know there are dozens of white sprinters who get full scholarships have never run below 11.00 seconds. Start by looking at the Notre dame athletics website. Why would ND offere scholarships to white sprinters who have never broken 11.00 sec yet refuse to offer scholarship to one who has run 10.32 ? It makes no sense. My guess is Griffin chose football over track because he thought he had a better chance of making big money.

Matt Bruno was the California 100m and 200m champ, who went on to run for UCLA. After his first year, he was dismissed from the team for violating team rules. Here's where the double standard comes into play. It wasn't disclosed what the violation was, but it wasn't bad enough that he broke any laws. Black athletes can violate team rules, laws, etc, and they are always given a second chance, but no second chance for Bruno.
This is not true. I see black athletes dismissed from teams all the time and often the reasons are never given. If Bruno wanted to resume his track career he could have gone to a Division II school. In track and field its easy to strike it big even if you go to D-II. If Matt really wanted a track career he could have pursued it at another school.

It is not just the coaches or the media, but a mindset of society. The coach won't tell his athlete that he is no good, he will just not slot them to run sprints.
Again most track coaches would take this as an insult. I see whites competing at the spirints all the time. In any case most whites today go to suburban or rural schools that are 95% white so the chances of them being discriminated against are nil. If a coach discriminated against them he would have no one left as the number of blacks in the school are too few.

White savage said

So free-safety, I guess you think genetics is king and that it has been "proven" that Whites just don't the genetics to compete in Track with blacks, at all.
I believe that most of what is written about track on this website amount to wild conspiracy theories and in many cases sour grapes. The real issues are not being addressed. Anyone who thinks young athletes in North America train as hard as their Kenyan counterparts is dreaming. American coaches who have visisted Kenya can attest to this.

Those who visit Kenya and Ethiopia quickly realize why they excel. In fact Dieter Baumann of Germany was the loudest voice is condemning Kenyans for drug use until he went to train in Kenya upon which he

Tell me honestly: How many times have you gone on forums or gone in person to tell Blacks/Liberals to quit whining about "unfairness", that all evidence points to innate differences in mental traits between Whites and Blacks?
I visit so called liberal websites to disprove their wild theories and get the same kind of pillorying I get here.

You guys said it as good or better than I could.Free Saftey is an idiot who is just trying to stir the pot.He knows very little about track.Entines Book "Taboo"is being made out to be the lie that it is.He guaranteed that africans would win every medal from the 100 to the distance events.What happened?Why has the fastest woman in the world been a white woman 2 of the last 3 major championships.Do you not think that it is possible for white men to be competetive again?If so,explain how we were in the past before the c.rights movement.Everything changed and most of the opportunities dried up.There is an uprising and Wariner is only the beginning.What are you going to do when we start winning more than you
I and Entine and we had a debate / shouting match. Suffice to say I disagree with most of his thesis.

Man it gets tedious but I will respond. Citing Rono's world record tear in '78 is just a stupid way to buttress the argument that the Kenyans were so hurt by missing the '76 and '80 Olympics. Saying that East African running blossomed in the late '80s because of increased commercialization ignores the great success that African runners had been having for decades. Bikila winning the marathon in '60 and '64 for example. Wolde, Keino, Jipcho... Then too, there are the hordes of Africans that had been running at American colleges for decades.
You are clearly contradicting yourself. One minute you say that the poor performance of Africans at Helsinki 83 is proof that they must be doping then the next minute you agree that they did produce great runners before 1983.
Bottomline is that having one lousy outing means nothing. Australia hardly won any swimming medals at the 84 olympics. Now they win more swimming medals than anyone else per capita. Why not use the same logic against them ?

I'll be as dismissive of free_safety's naive(cynical?) acceptance of the purity and integrity of international track and field's drug-testing as he is of the "conspiracy theories" of doping and cover-ups. The recent revelations about all the hushed-up drug violations by U.S. track should make anyone suspicious about the honesty of the process. Poor Marion Jones has endured such calumny, her career is ruined and she has never failed a drug test while loudly and proudly proclaiming her innocence; so where are the libel suits? Come on Marion, your character has been impugned! Yeah, right.
No one says drug testing is effective. My point is that the notion that blacks are given a pass is a joke when you consider all the black athletes who have been suspended for dope. If there is indeed a conspiracy to protect blacks then why was Kellie White, Torry Edwards, Marion Jones, Tim Monty and a host of other black runners suspended ? In the USA, in Europe and in Africa. Clearly there is no conspiracy there.

Colonel; said

The joys of dealing with trolls, one doesn't know where to start. Kenyans
have been caught using drugs. Chepchumba was ko'd for EPO, sort of a
sacrifice from Rosa's crew - from his son's crew, excuse me. Daniel
Komen was popped for "excess caffeine", sure. Didn't run to well after
that, no wonder most people think it was more than Starbucks on tap. Of
course, the excuses regarding 'special metabolisms' that make it 'look
like' the athlete was doping come up. Lagat was popped for EPO, but he
ended up with the 'false positive' AND his manager being told by the IAAF
to stop claiming his athlete was fingered unjustly. For all the talk, the
official IAAF reason Lagat was released was for a 'technicality'. Then
there's Ngugi refusing drug tests and getting blasted, Kitur caught on
roids (he was fast 400 meter man). I could go on, but you see the picture.
However, the Africans seem to get off on 'technicalities' or 'extraordinary
circumstances'. Look at the S. African runner Sepeng, he's getting the
extraoridinay circumstances treatment. Thys, the white S. African popped
for the same thing (nandralone) has not had officials rushing to aid
instantly as they did for Sepeng. Why is that? Oh no, it's just paranoia.

1. The fact that Chepchumba was suspsended makes nonsense of the notion that Kenyans are given a pass
2. Lagat was given a reprieve because the B sample tested negative. False positives do happen you know. That's why there is an A sample and a B sample
3. The fact that Ngugi was banned also makes nonsense of the idea that Africans are given a pass or that African remoteness prevents them from being tested. For the record Ngugi never failed and has never failed a test. He was banned because he refused to be tested when 2 strangers showed up at his farm to test him. There was no precedent for this so he felt uneasy about giving a urine sample to people he has never seen ?
4. Kitur was never caught on roids !! I would like to see a link stating he did.

BTW, no one has said all the Kenyans are dirty, and only a fool would
think they are all clean. Most insiders feel that Rosa and Hermens etc. are
working with the best 'responders' to some drugs - which means they
might not be the most naturally talented E. Africans. Couple the large
participation of E. Africans with the almost nil interest in Europe and even
worse in the US, you will see a disparity. However, to think that Rosa,
conveniently leaving cycling during the middle of a drug investigation to
coach Kenyan runners doesn't at least warrant a second look is naive or
shows willful igorance. Hermens reputation as an athlete speaks for
itself. Kostre, well, there's one of those E. Bloc fellas somehow ending up
in Ethiopia.
The exact opposite is true. Only a fool would cast aspersions without any proof. The idea that the whole world knows of Dr Rosa doping Kenyans and everyone has conspired to be silent is utterly ludicrous. What does the world have to gain by hiding Dr Rosa's activities ?

Dieter Baumann of Germany used to be the most outspoken person in claiming that Kenyans used drugs until he visited Kenya upon which he had this to say

"Go to Kenya," he says. "See how they live, how they train. Uncover all their secrets. Then if you still think they might be using drugs, then I will talk to you."

How could anyone really indulge in conspiracy? Too many people would find out. How was Carl Lewis' drug use buried for over 20 years? Drug use he doesn't try to deny anymore. No, no officials conspired to keep
that secret. Nope. Too many people involved, yesiree. Selective enforcement and attention goes on in other sports. Remember the folks in DC making a show about steroid use in MLB. Conveniently, no black
Americans called in - although Bonds and Sheffield figured prominently.
The NFL? A bastion of fairness, real world results and numbers
notwithstanding. Nothing like dealing with trolls. They say whatever they
want or repeat PC dogma without anything to back themselves up. The
TIm Wise school of debate, lie and run. It's the marxist way!

I agree that in the past, the IAAF & USATF conspired to hide positive drug tests. But based on what I see nowdays, I highly doubt that the IAAF would hide positive drug tests especially those of Kenyans. What possible motivation would they have for protecting Dr Rosa ?

Are white kids so easily led? Look around. Maybe look at yourself. Then again, maybe you're one of the leaders.

The current rise of whites in some sports, and the appearance of whites in events for years deemed 'black only' is probably the result of some
kind of subconscious rebellion, wherein some kids just don't care anymore, and partly the result of the inevitable swing of the pendulum when artificial situations are in place. The increased attacks on whites, subtle and not so subtle signify an awareness on the part of the enemies of whites, although their arrogance will never let them admit such.

Kudos to Wariner for his feat. I am a big fan of his. he is excelent but its nothing unique. Just recently there have been some excellent white 400m runners such as Roger Black, & Iwan Thomas. There have been excellent jumpers such as Jonathan Edwards and Heike Dreschler .

If anyone is interested in some more realistic views on why East Africans excel at running and why there was a sudeen surge in performance since the mid 80s then go to this link.
http://www.kenyarunners.com/pages/167372/page167372.html?ref resh=1112199340418 q

Finally the notion that only blacks get away with dope is baseless. What about Kenteris and Thanou ? They came out of nowhere and won the 200m gold and 110 silver in Sydney. Anytime a non contender wins then dissapears for 4 years one has to suspect dope.
Yuliya Nesterenko did the same thing. Came out of nowhere won the 100m then dissapeared. And when she came back she was nowhere near the medal bracket. Something about that does not add up.
Many European sprinters have this tendency to exhibit a sudden spike in performance right around the olympics or worlds followed by a series of dismal performaces. names like Andre Bucher and Borzakovsky come to mind as well.

My point here is that getting away with doping is not confined to black athletes. It seems everyone does it and gets away with it.

Oh and BTW according to coach Hart, Jeremy Wariner was offered a football scholarship by Baylor. So the notion that he was never offered a football scholarship is just more hyperbole

http://www.american-trackandfield.com/news/olympicQnAwariner .htmlEdited by: free-safety

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Well your response is full of BS too. You say the Keynans couldn't be on the juice because they are in remote villages, then you agree that several have been caught? Well which is it?

You say because so many blacks have been suspended for drugs that it proves they do not get a pass, well I say all it proves is that they are the tip of the iceberg.

You twice mention that it would be an insult to coaches to insinuate that they are part of the caste system in sports, but that is the point, the whole thing is institutionalized by stereotypes and group think, just like any other widespread organizational malaise. Like for instance affirmative action. Do teachers, HR directors and bureacrats consider it an insult when they promote or hire lesser qualified blacks to positions just to serve some goal of diversity? I bet they would be as insulted as your track coaches if you said that to them.

Nobody here is saying white athletes never dope up. We are saying there is a double standard. If you don't agree that society has a double standard for black and white behavior then you are just clueless. And if you don't agree with the central idea of this site then why bother posting?

People here have different views. I agree that blacks have an average genetic advantage in sprinting. I disagree that it is 100% and I disagree that it rationalizes athletic favoritism in every other sport or event.

This site has made a souund and rational case for anti-white athletic discrimination. There is an article in the football section about bias against white running backs in a major media publication. Is that conspiracy paranoia too? We have many other examples from other news outlets.

I appreciate your long post on the subject, I guess you wanted to give us poor white guys that suffer from paranoia and sour grapes, a lesson on the subject.

I gather that must be a public service you provide.
You wrote: "I visit so called liberal websites to disprove their wild theories and get the same kind of pillorying I get here." Which tells me you are just a prick that goes around annoying people. Do you go into strangers houses and criticize the decor too?

SteveB

Mentor
free-safety said:
Its impossible for anyone who regularly clocks 10.32 or thereabouts to go without being offered scholarships by a big school. Your conspiracy thories are too wild. I refuse to believe that white coaches are this biased against white sprinters. I know there are dozens of white sprinters who get full scholarships have never run below 11.00 seconds. Start by looking at the Notre dame athletics website. Why would ND offere scholarships to white sprinters who have never broken 11.00 sec yet refuse to offer scholarship to one who has run 10.32 ? It makes no sense. My guess is Griffin chose football over track because he thought he had a better chance of making big money.
Free-safety you are in a state of denial. Why don't you name the dozens of white sprinters that get full scholarships? I would like to see that list. Most white sprinters that you could name were walk-ons. I give you an example of discrimination and you say that it is impossible. If Griffin wanted to make big money in football, why would he go to a crappy program like SMU? The reason is that they are the only ones that offered him a scholarship.

Here is another example: Andrew Rock, who was second in the 400m at last year's World Championships. He wasn't recruited by any Division 1 colleges and ended up running in Division III. According to your logic that would be impossible too.

You need to go through and thoroughly read this website. You will see example after example of white kids that get discriminated against.
Edited by: SteveB

JD074

Master
free-safety said:
Finally the notion that only blacks get away with dope is baseless. What about Kenteris and Thanou ? They came out of nowhere and won the 200m gold and 110 silver in Sydney. Anytime a non contender wins then dissapears for 4 years one has to suspect dope.

Yeah, Kenteris disappeared... by winning the Triple Crown.

free-safety

SteveB said:
Free-safety you are in a state of denial. Why don't you name the dozens of white sprinters that get full scholarships? I would like to see that list. Most white sprinters that you could name were walk-ons. I give you an example of discrimination and you say that it is impossible. If Griffin wanted to make big money in football, why would he go to a crappy program like SMU? The reason is that they are the only ones that offered him a scholarship.

I am not in denial. I simply would like to see proof that the athletes you named were really discriminated against. There have been wild rumours about Wariner not having received a football scholarship. Now we find out from the link I posted above that he indeed got a football scholarship.
Have you considered the possibility that Matt Bruno did not want the reasons for his dismissal revealed ? If he was discriminted against then why did he not go public with the reasons. It seems to me that he himself has chosen to keep the reasons for his dismissal secret.
And for that matter if white sprinters are indeed facing discrimination then why dont they go public ? What are they afraid of ? They have nothing to loose. They dont even have to mention race. All they would have to say is. "For whetever reason, No one offered me a scholarship".

Here is another example: Andrew Rock, who was second in the 400m at last year's World Championships. He wasn't recruited by any Division 1 colleges and ended up running in Division III. According to your logic that would be impossible too.

Again I ask. Do you have any evidence to back up your assertion ? There are several athletes who turn down scholarships for academic reasons. Andrew Rocks strikes me as one of those.
Also if its true that no one offered him a scholarship then that story would have become big news. You know the media likes this kind of thing.
here is an interview where he says that he chose La crosse due to its size. he makes no mention of missing out oon scholarships
http://www.trackshark.com/interviews/2003/andrew_rock.php
No sane college coach would pass up the opportunity to recruit a true student athlete who will raise the programs GPA. Coaches are liable to be fired if the program GPA is too low.

You need to go through and thoroughly read this website. You will see example after example of white kids that get discriminated against.

Believe me I have read through most of it. I think this website would have plenty of credibility if the claims were backed up by solid proof.
If all these white sprinters are being discriminated agaisnt then how come none have spoken out ?

SteveB

Mentor
free-safety said:
I am not in denial. I simply would like to see proof that the athletes you named were really discriminated against.

Exactly what proof do you need? Do you want me to provide a secret tape recording of a coach telling a kid that he isn't going to recruit him because he is white? Look through this site and you will see articles with quotes from coaches saying exactly that.

How do you really prove discrimination? Black leaders claim that the NFL discriminates against black head coaches. Where is their proof? The evidence of discrimination against white athletes is all around you, yet you don't see it. I stand by my claim that you are in a state of denial.

As far as a kid going public, you have to have willing people in the media to participate in such an event. If a kid did go public, he would be vilified by the media. Look what happened to Limbaugh for criticizing the sports media about McNabb's coverage. Do you think that ESPN is going to run a special on white discrimination in athletics? I wouldn't hold my breath.Edited by: SteveB

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another good race for Jeremy Wariner today.He took 2nd in the 200 meters in a time of 20.19!He set another p.b. and is progressing very nicely.Training with W.Spearmon can only make the both of them better.They are both outstanding sprinters in their events.Wariner will go sub 20 possibly by the end of this summer if he can get enough deuces in.He still will focus primarily on the 400 meters.I expect him to double even more next year as he attempts to duplicate what MJ did at the Olympics in Atlanta.I really like Coach Hart getting him running the shorter sprints more.It can only help Wariner in his chase to try and break the 400 world record someday!Congrats to J.W. on another fine race.
smiley20.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Great job J.W.!! I think that this proves to him and Hart that he can compete against the best in the event and will provide more motivation for him to continue in the deuce. Go Jeremy!!

JD074

Master
free-safety said:
And for that matter if white sprinters are indeed facing discrimination then why dont they go public ? What are they afraid of ? They have nothing to loose.

They have nothing to gain.

Well, why dont those Duke lacrosse players go public reguarding their mistreatment. White people dont play the race card. We are better then that.

Even with affirmative action and other measures put in place whites still run this economy.

Today the average white man has 13 times the net wealth of the average black man; representing the largest difference since the end of the civil war.

For more go to "United for a fair economy .com"

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I really hope that JW will attempt the double at nationals in Indy.I know it would be highly unlikely for him to win the 200 meters with multiple rounds,but the experience going into the next few years would be very valuable.If he wants to attempt the double in the Olympics in 2008,he needs to start training for that.The 400 is his as long as he stays healthy.

free-safety

jaxvid said:
Well your response is full of BS too. You say the Keynans couldn't be on the juice because they are in remote villages, then you agree that several have been caught? Well which is it?
As far as I know, only one Kenyan has been failed a dope test(Chepchumba). All I said was that I find it hard to believe that back in the 60s Kenyan athletes could afford performance enhancing drugs much less have access to them.
It seems that the general consensus on this website is that if an Jamaican or a Kenyan excels then he must be on dope. If a European excels then it must be becuase of some slavic characteristic uknown to scientists.
People ignore the fact that the achievements of people like Woronin have never been replicated and they ran at a time when steroid use was rampant in Eastern Europe.

You say because so many blacks have been suspended for drugs that it proves they do not get a pass, well I say all it proves is that they are the tip of the iceberg.
Drug use is rampant in track and in cycling. What I find preposterous is that black athletes are being protected.
In cycling for example, one retired cyclist claimed that nearly every world class athlete uses some kind of performance enhancing drug. Yet hardly anyone ever gets banned. For years there has been a cloud of suspicion hanging above Lance Armstrong but nobody here seems to think there is a possibility he may have doped.

You twice mention that it would be an insult to coaches to insinuate that they are part of the caste system in sports, but that is the point, the whole thing is institutionalized by stereotypes and group think, just like any other widespread organizational malaise.

As I said earlier, coaches are under pressure to deliver results both on the track and in class. No sane coach would risk his job and pass up a good student athlete or one that could deliver results. His job is on the line. If he does not produce results he may be fired. Why then would he risk his job by turning down a good white athlete with excellent grades ?
When you say group think you are insinuating that all coaches lack the ability to think independently. They are all so brainwashed and so in awe of blacks that when a white athlete runs 10.50 and a black athlete runs 10.60, they still think the black is faster. That is ridiculous.

Nobody here is saying white athletes never dope up. We are saying there is a double standard. If you don't agree that society has a double standard for black and white behavior then you are just clueless. And if you don't agree with the central idea of this site then why bother posting?
Having perused this site I have yet to see any real proof of double standards. What I see is plenty of innuendo with absolutely no proof. I have yet to see anyone offer evidence that a qualified white sprinter was actually denied a scholarship. No white sprinter has come out and stated that they were denied a scholarship. Its ridiculous to think that a high schooler who runs the 100m in 10.5 seconds will go without being offered a scholarship by any of the 118 division 1 schools.
As for me being clueless all I can say is that there is only a tiny minority that thinks white sprinters are not getting opportunities. Based on your logic then most Americans are clueless. Have you guys considered the possibility that theres a good reason why your extreme views are not shared by the general public ?

In fact never mind the public. None of the athletes mentioned here seem to share your views. Which is why none of them have ever come out in the open and complained of any bias even after retiring.
[/QUOTE]

free-safety

SteveB said:
Exactly what proof do you need? Do you want me to provide a secret tape recording of a coach telling a kid that he isn't going to recruit him because he is white? Look through this site and you will see articles with quotes from coaches saying exactly that.
All I would like to see is a real case of an athlete who ran well in high school and was not offered a scholarship. What you've provided so far amounts to rumour mongering. You have no proof. You dont provide any links or any other evidence to buttress your viewpoint. You dont know for sure that Andrew Rock was not offered a scholarship by the 118 div 1 schools. You just assume that because he went to Div 2.

How do you really prove discrimination? Black leaders claim that the NFL discriminates against black head coaches. Where is their proof? The evidence of discrimination against white athletes is all around you, yet you don't see it. I stand by my claim that you are in a state of denial.

You prove discrimination by showing the existence of qualified individuals who are not given opportunities. If a white athlete consistemtly runs 100m in the 10.50 range and goes without a scholarship then theres your proof.

As far as a kid going public, you have to have willing people in the media to participate in such an event. If a kid did go public, he would be vilified by the media.
A kid does not even have to mention race as an issue. All he would have to say is that I ran extremely well yet no one offered me a scholarship. He does not even have to mention that it happened because he was white. If this were to happen then you would have concrete proof.
Also why dont retired athletes who have nothing to loose speak out. Are they so scared of the media or do they lack the courage of their convictions. I say its neither.

Look what happened to Limbaugh for criticizing the sports media about McNabb's coverage. Do you think that ESPN is going to run a special on white discrimination in athletics? I wouldn't hold my breath.

ESPN will not run a special on anti-white dicrimination in track because it does not exist.
I agree that some in the media are biased. But it goes both ways. Many white athletes such as Brett Favre get a pass for behaviour that is detrimental to the team.
Brett Favre once said that he has absolutely no interest in helping groom and teach the young Green Bay QB. Were he black some of you would be screaming blue murder calling him selfish and not team oriented. Yet many in the media praised his stance.

JD074

Master
free-safety said:
People ignore the fact that the achievements of people like Woronin have never been replicated and they ran at a time when steroid use was rampant in Eastern Europe.

That's a good point. And maybe, just maybe, when you consider how black sprinters' times have dramatically improved since that time, and white sprinters' haven't budged, perhaps it's because America has the best chemicals now instead of E. Europe. I'm not stating a fact; that's just speculation on my part.

free-safety said:
For years there has been a cloud of suspicion hanging above Lance Armstrong but nobody here seems to think there is a possibility he may have doped.

I'm open to the possibility that Armstrong cheated. We don't focus on that because that's not our purpose here. We're not interested in talking about Armstrong's chemicals, and we don't have to be interested. We don't have to be objective.

If Armstrong cheated, I hope we never find out.

free-safety said:
As I said earlier, coaches are under pressure to deliver results both on the track and in class. No sane coach would risk his job and pass up a good student athlete or one that could deliver results.

No, but a dumb one might. Can't a businessman, for example, make a bad business decision, even though he's focused on his bottom line? There's no guarantee that a coach will make a good decision about a particular athlete just because he's "under pressure" to succeed.

free-safety said:
When you say group think you are insinuating that all coaches lack the ability to think independently. They are all so brainwashed and so in awe of blacks that when a white athlete runs 10.50 and a black athlete runs 10.60, they still think the black is faster. That is ridiculous.

But they might think that the black has more "upside."

free-safety said:
Having perused this site I have yet to see any real proof of double standards. What I see is plenty of innuendo with absolutely no proof.

What the f*ck do you expect from us? We're not journalists. We're not scientists. We're here to celebrate white athletes. We're under no obligation to prove anything to you. And you are in no position to demand- or expect- anything from us.

voice

Guru
Free Safety,

Many of the posters on this board have educated themselves not only on the subject of racial dynamics in sport but also racial dynamics as it effects our children, civilization and ultimately our way of life as a people.

At this point with your morally superior position on racial matters, I am sure you are beginning to initiate the pavlovian response to "racists" such as myself, but this position is one that most thinking people would wish they never would have to take.

Logic and established fact, lead us to unfashionable conclusions.

There are many books you need to read before you should even be allowed(however misguided) take the default morally superior position, but you may want to start with the "Bell Curve"-Charles Murray and "Race, Evolution and Behaviour" by Phillippe Ruston. Also, you may want to download the "Color of Crime" on Amren.com.

After you begin to position the behavioural and genetic differences between racial groups and how it impacts society ,you can begin to look at more trivial matters such as racial dynamics in sporting arena.

In the meantime, feast on this reality for white young athletes in racially mixed environments.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/05/thatll_teach_em .php

More than likely, you are young man without family to think about or a wife/daughter to protect. If this isn't the case, it is hard for me to cut you slack on what is happening right before your eyes.