Wariner’s Success Is Not Extraordinary

SteveB

Mentor
free-safety said:
All I would like to see is a real case of an athlete who ran well in high school and was not offered a scholarship. What you've provided so far amounts to rumour mongering. You have no proof. You dont provide any links or any other evidence to buttress your viewpoint. You dont know for sure that Andrew Rock was not offered a scholarship by the 118 div 1 schools. You just assume that because he went to Div 2.

I gave you Trey Griffin as an example!!! Here is another one. Stanton Jobe was the top 100m sprinter in Central Texas for the last 3 years. He ran a PB of 10.35 and just this year won his district meet with a 10.49 FAT (fully automatic timing). He wasn't offered a scholarship by any Division 1 schools. He is going to Virginia as an invite walk-on to play football and run track. If you want an article, click here: [url]http://www.thesabre.com/news_archive/newsFilterFootball-2.ph p[/url], pay your hard earned $5.99 to suscribe and read the article halfway down the page.

I am sorry but I only follow high school track in Texas, so I can only give you examples from here. I am sure there are others in other states.

Free-safety I give you examples, yet you don't acknowledge them. WTH more do you want??? BTW, where is your list of 10.5-11.0 white sprinters that have earned a scholarship to run track? I'd like to see it.Edited by: SteveB