Vyacheslav Glazkov

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I hope Glazkov beats Scott (preferably by highlight reel KO) but it isn't a sure thing until it actually happens.
You're right, it's not a sure thing.

Scott is feather-fisted, but he has an excellent jab and very good defensive skills. He's hardly lost a round in his 35 fights, in fact they used to call him "80-72" because that's the score of most of his 8 round fights.

Scott will be very difficult to KO because 1) his long arms will enable him to jab at a distance, 2) his ability to use the defensive shoulder roll will make him difficult to hit, and 3) his strategy of holding whenever he feels he's in danger.

That being said, he's never fought anyone as good as Glazkov before.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"...his ability to use the defensive shoulder roll"

That's James Toney's specialty.

Nope, Scott has never fought anyone like the Czar before. Glazkov beat David Price in the amateurs.

Amren.com

Mentor
"...his ability to use the defensive shoulder roll"

That's James Toney's specialty.

Nope, Scott has never fought anyone like the Czar before. Glazkov beat David Price in the amateurs.

Well hopefully Glazkov wins but even though Scott is feather fisted he isn't a bum and might be able to win a decision.

I like Glazkov's chances in this fight. He should be able to draw on his amateur experience to win this fight, and if he is really championship-level as we all think he is, he should win this fight. Malik Scott has a good jab and is tricky, but that's really all he's got, he has nothing going for him other than his awkward style and tricky defense.

I agree with what Carcharias says above that Glazkov is by far the toughest opponent Scott has ever faced as a pro, so actually I think this is a big jump up in class for Malik. Glazkov really impressed me the times Ive seen him fight and if he's as good as I think he is, he should win this fight. Scott is certainly a beatable opponent.

If Scott has his way, this will be a very boring fight (think like a Bernard Hopkins fight, holding, defense, avoiding punches). That never makes for good TV and it actually hurts boxing because the people who tune in to watch the fight won't enjoy that. It would have been better for NBC to match Glazkov with another exciting fighter who is offensively-inclined, someone like Magomed Abdusalamov, or even that guy from prison Amir Mansour.

But maybe I'm being too hard on NBC, the network seems to be serving as a good platform for boxing which seems to be quite white friendly and thats great to see. Anyways I'm looking forward to the fight and may the best man win! Hopefully thats Glazkov and if he's as good as we all seem to think, he should win this fight convincingly! I'd be happy with a decision win, but if he could stop Scott that would just be amazing. In Glazkov's fight against Hamer, I was expecting a close, decision win for Glazkov but he dominated and TKO'd him, so maybe that will happen again! Glazkov has looked amazing and if he keeps that up I dont see why he can't TKO Scott :)

Last edited:
Some good fights with Glazkov and Price both fighting this weekend and both against black fighters. I am feeling pretty confident in both of them. I just hope one of them doesn't prove to be the European version of Tye Fields.

Lol, that won't happen, as both Price and Glazkov come from extremely strong, Olympic-level amateur backgrounds. As I recall, I dont think Fields had any amateur career whatsoever (or if he did it was very limited, only 5 or so amateur fights)! Fields probably would have been a lot better had he taken part in more amateur fights, but I think he started boxing a bit later in his life so it was impractical to do that. Fields always had a lot of heart and deserves credit for that, but his lack of amateur experience really showed in his losses... Amateur career is where you pickup a lot of skills. Fields didn't do that becuase he started boxing late and didnt have the amateur fights to do it...

Amateur experience is usually the best indicator of success in the pro's and in that regard, both Price and Glazkov are well-off!

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Well hopefully Glazkov wins but even though Scott is feather fisted he isn't a bum and might be able to win a decision.

You're right. I as using the word figuratively, or something. I listed to a Scott interview. He said that he wants to fight a Klitschko after this. Ha ha. He's is a friend of Tyson Fury and thinks very highly of him. He said that Glaskov is very good too, didn't disrespect him and do the Mohammed Ali monkey act.

Last edited:

Amren.com

Mentor
You're right. I as using the word figuratively, or something. I listed to a Scott interview. He said that he wants to fight a Klitschko after this. Ha ha. He's is a friend of Tyson Fury and thinks very highly of him. He said that Glaskov is very good too, didn't disrespect him and do the Mohammed Ali monkey act.

Well hopefully Scott loses so that black dickrider on ESB who uses Scott as his avatar commits suicide. :biggrin:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
He'll KO Scott. I noticed that Scott even made a couple of references to losing, saying he's never going to quit on his stool like Hamer, but he's "going out on his shield".

Just finished watching the fight on television, I scored it 96-65 Glazkov although I think a draw is ultimately fair and I'm happy with the result, as I admit, one round either way could have been highly possible. It was a close fight. I happened to have Glazkov winning by a round, but it could have easily been the other way or a draw. So fair decision in my opinion.

I was watching the fight with a friend, and the first thing I said to my friend is that Malik's body protector cup was way too high. That is illegal and the trainer in Glazkov's corner should have seen that and requested the referee to have it pulled down. Malik Scott clearly won the opening two rounds, but by the 3rd and onwards Glazkov had closed the distance and was landing shots on the ropes. Glazkov landed some effective bodyshots and clubbing right hands, I also thought he won the final 3 rounds of the fight in a row.

BJ Flores, the Hispanic commentator for NBC was downright disgusting tonight. He scored the fight 97-93 Scott, which is a horrible biased score to begin with, 96-94 maybe, 97-93 is pushing it. He also said that he thought up to 99-91 Scott would be "acceptable" scorecards. 99-91 as BJ said was a good score, is just delusional. BJ was clearly favouring Malik Scott in this fight and the comments he was making, he commented positively everytime Malik landed a shot, and would ignore when Glazkov was doing work inside. It was almost like some sort of gay attraction he had to Malik Scott. What a knobhead. Most Hispanics are great commentators and people, BJ is a disgrace. Hispanic Wigger.

BJ Flores needs to understand that defense doesn't win rounds. Yea, Malik was making him miss at times. But Malik wasn't landing anything in return. You don't win a fight by making a guy miss. You have to land punches to win rounds. In terms of LANDED PUNCHES, the fight was even or Glazkov a slight edge.

I'd also like to congratulate the judges for rendering a largely accurate decision. Something that we see less and less in this sport. I did have Glazkov winning, but I can live with a draw as I thought it was a close fight, and different people can score it different ways.

This is also a great experience for Glazkov, and a draw doesn't hurt his record at all. Its great for him to get the rounds in, and he will come out a much improved fighter after this experience. Let's not forget that he only had 14 pro fights, so he was the less experienced pro here. Great fight, and both guys fought a good fight. Glazkov should take a few more tuneups I think from here though, he should also get a new trainer! That guy Don Turner (Glazkov's trainer) seemed half asleep throughout the fight and just seemed like he was high or drunk or something. Get a new trainer!

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
Glazkov had Scott on the ropes most of the night, he was the aggressor, landed the higher volume of shots, and landed the harder shots. To a reasonable evaluator that should be enough to win.

Glazkov is Ok but he has some bad habits to lose.

1) He needs to be busier. If old Vitali can still throw 100 punches a round, Glazkov should be able to throw 60-70.

2) He needs to be less selective with his punches. When he had Scott on the ropes he should have just hammered away at everything. It pays off in the later rounds.

3) When he is inside he needs to stay in and throw punches. He was slipping in, throwing 3-4 punches, and then waiting for a break.

4) He jabs but most often 1 at a time. He needs to throw 3-4 at a time to really set up his power.

Glazkov is a marginal top 10 heavyweight. He has medium speed, medium power, medium skill level, medium stamina, and perhaps a great chin. One day he may get a title fight and which he will likely lose unless his trainers can light a fire under his AXX and turn him into a Tasmanian devil.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I watched it with Russian commentary and scored it a draw. Nice to see the judges were fair. I thought the ref should have warned Scott, perhaps even deducted a point for his repeated holding.

BJ Flores always gives credit to the American fighter, but seems to largely ignore what the foreign fighter is doing, so a lot of the wiggers on the various boxing websites were convinced Scott won.

Glazkov didn't really get going until the 4th round, and I had him behind 95-94 going into the 10th, but he seemed to be less tired than Scott in the 10th and clearly won that round.

It took Glazkov a few rounds to adjust to Malik Scott's style, he probably never fought anybody quite like that before. But Scott is actually rather predictable, so I think Vyacheslav would do better in a rematch.

Ambrose

Master
It was almost like some sort of gay attraction he had to Malik Scott. What a knobhead. Most Hispanics are great commentators and people, BJ is a disgrace. Hispanic Wigger.

[/QUOTE]

Scott's trainer seemed to be in love with Scott. He was holding Scott's face, rubbing his arms, and telling him sweet nothings. They may be very close those two.:baby:

Scott's trainer seemed to be in love with Scott. He was holding Scott's face, rubbing his arms, and telling him sweet nothings. They may be very close those two.:baby:

Yea, I noticed that as well, lol. Between Scott's wigger trainer and Glazkov's half asleep (seemed to be drunk when they interviewed him) Negro trainer you had some real characters involved in this fight!

BJ was very bad though, he made it seem and even specifically stated that Scott had put on a "boxing clinic", which implies that he won all rounds. No, that wasn't the case at all. He ate a lot of shots himself and it was an extremely close fight which could have went either way.

I'm impressed with Glazkov and considering he only has 14 pro fights and is younger than Scott, I think he came out better from this fight. This is actually the first time I had seen Scott fight, and he's got some decent skills, so this is a great experience for Glazkov and in the long run this will pay off and improve him. Nothing at all wrong with a draw. I was impressed with Glazkov and thought he fought a great fight! He comes out better from this and in the future he will be an improved fighter now. Great showing from him tonight!

I watched it with Russian commentary and scored it a draw. Nice to see the judges were fair. I thought the ref should have warned Scott, perhaps even deducted a point for his repeated holding.

It took Glazkov a few rounds to adjust to Malik Scott's style, he probably never fought anybody quite like that before. But Scott is actually rather predictable, so I think Vyacheslav would do better in a rematch.

Fully agreed!

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yea, I noticed that as well, lol. Between Scott's wigger trainer and Glazkov's half asleep (seemed to be drunk when they interviewed him) Negro trainer you had some real characters involved in this fight!

BJ was very bad though, he made it seem and even specifically stated that Scott had put on a "boxing clinic", which implies that he won all rounds. No, that wasn't the case at all. He ate a lot of shots himself and it was an extremely close fight which could have went either way.

I'm impressed with Glazkov and considering he only has 14 pro fights and is younger than Scott, I think he came out better from this fight. This is actually the first time I had seen Scott fight, and he's got some decent skills, so this is a great experience for Glazkov and in the long run this will pay off and improve him. Nothing at all wrong with a draw. I was impressed with Glazkov and thought he fought a great fight! He comes out better from this and in the future he will be an improved fighter now. Great showing from him tonight!

Fully agreed!

I watched the fight with Russian commentary and because of it I only casually watched the fight. I did see Glazkov sweep the late rounds and felt that if this was an eliminator that was a 12 rounder that he would have won. To my shock in a tight fight like that the American judges were truly neutral and scored it a fair draw. Ps Jessie Reid is one of the underated trainers in boxing. While he has never had a super star boxer he has trained some B level champions such as Roger Mayweather and maybe Clarence "Bones" Adams.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
They made it a draw I think because NBC is promoting Glazkov and also now they have two fighters they can still sell as being undefeated. I thought that Scott won. I was very disappointed in the Czar in this one. he looked like he was half asleep. Every time he got Scott on the ropes he let him get away - and when Scott was waving his arms saying ha ha you didn't hurt me - which of course means the exact opposite otherwise he wouldn't have been waving his arms - Czar also did not followed up. He should have dived in and taken advantage of the waving arm action.

Compare Glazkov's lackadaisical performance with that human dynamo, Algieri, in the prelim! Glazkov should have beaten up on Scott who is really not that good.

Freakin' telavivavision. I never watch it. I hate it. Once I try to watch it because this fight was supposed to be on it - and it's not - just the usual negroes and lesbians prancing around. It was supposed to be on NBC tv wasn't it!?

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What a depressing weekend. First Price is knocked out in the second round by a senior citizen negro crackhead on a punch that wasn't even that hard and Glazkov gets a draw.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Excellent commentary on Glazkov-Scott here, from a poster on a boxing website:

I did not watch the fight live so i ended up seeing the results and reading peoples comments before actually viewing it. After watching the fight i came away with a different impression than the apparent majority by thinking it was a close and very entertaining fight. Anyone classifying it as a robbery is an idiot.

Both men are very complete fighters with their footwork, punch arsenal, jabs, feinting, body punching, counter punching, defense and ability to transition from offense to defense seamlessly. Great, great ****ing stuff and one of the most skillful Heavyweight fights i have seen in a very long time. The in-round action was either close to very close in all of the rounds and it was a very pleasing fight to watch based on entertainment value, action and the skills both boxers displayed.

Whether intentional or not most of us allow our expectations going into the fight to influence our scoring, sometimes its difficult not to, but one must be aware of this. Worse than that is allowing commentary to affect your perception and that is something i never allow. I watched the NBC version and must say that from the 3rd round on BJ Flores commentary got increasingly worse and by the second half of the fight was rather atrocious.

After my first viewing i had 96-94 Glazkov but i started to wonder if by reading the results and comments beforehand and going into it expecting a clear win and boxing masterclass from Scott my low expectations for Glazkov had caused me to be generous. Much in the same way i wondered if fans did the opposite for Malik when watching it live since he was the underdog. So i watched it a second time, volume off and was determined to score nothing but the action inside the ring from round to round.

For each round i watched the first minute, paused and commented making note of who got the edge for that minute then would do the same for the remaining individual two minutes. The winner of the round being whoever won the majority of the action unless of course something significant happens like seriously hurting your opponent or a knockdown. I often score fights this way when i know they're close or involve volume punchers for increased accuracy.

Round 1 - First minute Malik misses every single jab aside from possibly one to the body but cant tell if it landed due to camera angle and Glazkov outlands him by two more power punches for the slight edge. Second minute Malik lands 3 or4 jabs and both land a couple power shots with Scott landing about 2 more to get the edge. Malik misses over a dozen jabs while landing 2 or 3 and lands a couple more power shots to take the round.

Scott 10-9

Round 2 - First minute both guys land one good power shot each while missing nearly everything especially jabs so its even. Second minute Glazkov lands a couple power shot and Malik a couple jabs for a edge to Glazkov. Third minute both landing but Malik a little more which earns him the round.

Scott 10-9

Round 3 - Very good chess match with both guys making eachother miss virtually everything but Malik's two jabs to the body win it for him, its that close. Second minute some great stuff with Malik again getting the edge by literally 2 or 3 punches. Third minute Glazkov gets a slight edge by an equally close margin.

Scott 10-9

This is a pivotal moment in the fight where Malik stops throwing his jab at such a high frequency like he had in the first 3 rounds in spite of barely landing it during this time. He was able to land to the body quite a few times but missed virtually every jab he threw to the head with Glazkov making it fall short, slipping or parrying it. Neither BJ or any of the comments i read have mentioned this, it is also important because while the landed punches in the first 3 rounds has been quite even Malik has been winning the rounds slightly based on activity and ring generalship.

Round 4 - First minute Malik lands a few shots to take it. Second minute Glazkov lands some good head and body shots to take it by a slight margin. Third minute both guys are landing good shots with Glazkov literally getting two or three more to clinch the round for him.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 5 - Again the jabbing is gone and the round consists of good exchanges between the two guys. Scott is no longer the ring general but instead simply backing up constantly with Glazkov stalking and dictatingthe action more. Glazkov slightly outlands Scott in the 2nd and 3rd minutes of this round with the first being even.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 6 - Glazkov definitely wins the first minute of this round landing several left hooks and right crosses to the head with Scott landed 3 or 4 of his own. Second minute a little closer but Glazkov still outlands Scott with more jabs, left hooks, rights and body shots. Last minute both guys land some great uppercuts, left hooks and right crosses with the action being virtually punch for punch.

Glazkov 10-9

Round 7 - First minute both guys exchange several missed jabs and spend alot of time going punch for punch in exchanges with Scott getting a slight edge for literally landing one or two more body shots. Second minute same thing but with Glazkov getting a slight edge landing a couple more left hooks. Third minute is even until the last 30 seconds when Glazkov lands several punches in three different exchanges while making Malik miss his.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 8 - First minute both guys doing alot of feinting, missing or blocking punches and start landing in the last half with Scott getting a slight edge due to a couple additional body shots. Second minute is even with both guys landing quite a few good shots. Third minute Malik literally lands two additional jabs as the only thing separating the action.

Scott 10-9

Round 9 - First minute Malik is able to land a couple shots at two different points when off the ropes and Glazkov lands a few when he gets Scott on the ropes two different times, even. Second minute quite a few exchanges with Glazkov being able to land his punches and Scott's either missing or being blocked Glazkov wins it. Third minute they exchange several missed jabs then the last half they exchange a few times with Scott against the ropes and Glazkov lands more clean punches.

Glazkov 10-9

Round 10 - First minute Scott misses several jabs then Glazkov gets him on the ropes a couple times with Malik landing one good uppercut mid combo and Glazkov landing several power shots of his own and getting the slight edge. Second minute alot of exchanges with Glazkov clearly landing more clean shot while impressively making Malik miss almost everything. Third minute lots of great exchanges with both landing alot but Glazkov clearly landing a little more.

Glazkov 10-9

Final Score upon second viewing : 96-94 Glazkov

I read a post fight comment from Malik trying to justify the absurd notion of a robbery by saying "look at his face after the fight and look at mine"....in spite of the fact that Glazkov's face was completely unmarked.

white is right

Hall of Famer
What a depressing weekend. First Price is knocked out in the second round by a senior citizen negro crackhead on a punch that wasn't even that hard and Glazkov gets a draw.
It further shows what happened this weekend magnifies the gulf between Wladimir and the rest of the division. Nobody but Thompson's family wants him to get a third crack at Klitschko. Also Glazkov or Scott are a good year+ away from a title shot.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Good article on Glazkov-Scott

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headli...cott-fight-to-draw-algieri-decisions-peralta/

In a heavyweight fight advertised with the line “somebody’s ‘0’ has got to go,” nobody’s ‘o’ went anywhere tonight as undefeated heavyweights Vyacheslav “Czar” Glazkov of Ukraine and Malik Scott of the USA fought to an uneventful draw on NBC Sports Network’s Fight Night, broadcast from The Paramount in Huntington, NY.

With a very biased sounding commentary coming from the NBC announcers – especially color analyst BJ Flores, who seemed to decide early in the fight that Scott was going to win and win big–this bout had all the makings of becoming another one of those “controversial” decisions. And so it was, if you subscribe to the notion that what the skillfully negative Scott was doing in the ring equalled winning a fight going away.

Scott calmly strolled around the edges of the ring all night, moving side to side and backwards while landing some nice body shots and stinging jabs to be sure. But his relentlessly negative style may have not only frustrated Glazkov – who complained after the bout of Scott’s constant “running” from him all night – but also a couple of the judges, who refused to reward him excessively for it.

In truth, neither fighter exactly lit it up in there, and judge Julie Lederman’s 95-95 score seems like a reasonable way to view the fight.

Neither man was ever hurt in the bout, though Glazkov’s better punches were often ignored by the broadcast crew as they raved about the talents of Malik Scott.

As for Glazkov (14-0-1, 10 KOs), he didn’t show the imagination needed to really break the fight open: he was exposed as being somewhat one-dimensional at this point in his career. And Scott (35-0-1, 12 KOs) had zero intention of really trying to win the fight, rather than simply not lose it: his style makes the supposedly “safety first” heavyweight champion Klitschko brothers look like madman daredevils in the ring in comparison.

Aside from Lederman’s 95-95 score, one judge saw it Flores’ way with a 98-92 tally for Scott, while another saw it the way this writer did, with a 96-94 score for the more offensive-minded Glazkov.

Rematch? Let’s not and say we did, OK?

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QNo4pB3NQio

Better to watch it with the volume turned off, BJ Flores commentary is truly sickeningly.

Yes, BJ Flores' commentary in this fight is right up there among the most biased and anti-white Ive ever seen.

He scored the fight 97-93 Scott, which is pushing it, but moreover he implied throughout the fight that Scott was winning all rounds and putting on some sort of "boxing clinic". He also literally stated at the end of the fight that a 99-91 Scott score would be a good score in this fight. That is just so delusional and incorrect.

BJ has got to be the biggest Wigger involved in Boxing and his bias is right up there with Max Kellerman or Teddy Atlas. Last night, his bias was making him delusional. It was a very close fight, and yet his bias made it seem like Scott had won every round. Thats bad journalism.

I'm glad that many people have pointed out the obvious bias involved in his commentary.

Last edited: