US Olympic trials

Poacher

Mentor
9.68. Yeah right.

Oh wait, the wind was 4.1. I was about to freak.Edited by: Poacher

G

Wariner and Boase go into the 400 meter semi-final. Andrew Rock did not finish and is already out. Wonder what happened.

G

As I predicted, it takes 9.9 to make the US Olympic team in 100 meters. 10.0 will probably never make the team again.

Better get started on a specific program targeted at white youths. A future where white Americans regress even further in sprinting, to the point that in 10 years there might not be a single white American who can even run 10.3, seems like a distinct possibility.Edited by: nevada

white is right

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
100 results are abysmal. A testimony to the effectiveness of our enemies.

Meanwhile, a new star may be emerging. A lot of deca yet to be contested but so far Trey Hardee is rolling. Just took second in the long jump giving him the overall lead with 1989 points. The reptillian looking Clay has 1909.

Anyone know how they determine lane assignments for the running events? How in the blank did Wariner get shoved all the way out in BFE (lane 8) for his heat and Merritt get primo lane 4? Or am I misinterpreting the start list for the 400?

Pappas (forgot about him) just blew away the shot to take the lead with 2814. Hardee didn't do so well only accumulating 733 pts putting him at 2722. Hopefully that is his weakest event.
I think the first round is random lane assignments. It doesn't matter anyway as the favorites will win no matter what lane they get.

white is right

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
white lightning said:
There is no one we are rooting for here for the men in the short sprints.

The qualifying time for trials was 10.28 and the field was 32 runners. So there is not a single white guy in the US capable of running even that fast. Unless you count the mysterious Dallas Robinson who may or may not have qualified.

This is beyond ridiculous and can only be explained by discouraged runners.
Brad Mueller missed out by 1/100th of a second. That time is for the B invitation. The real qualifying standard is 10.07, which can make a final or at worst semifinal at the world level. It's more than obvious White Americans don't sprint as countries like Poland, South Africa and Australia routinely have 3 or 4 runners running 10.2X. The problem with that time is that won't get you anywhere in the deep American talent pool, so many guys who aren't sure they can run 9.9X probably give up sprinting and pursue other athletic avenues.

white is right

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
As I predicted, it takes 9.9 to make the US Olympic team in 100 meters. 10.0 will probably never make the team again.

Better get started on a specific program targeted at white youths. A future where white Americans regress even further in sprinting, to the point that in 10 years there might not be a single white American who can even run 10.3, seems like a distinct possibility.
Many talented runners move up to. I know Kevin Little could have finaled or at worse semifinaled at the national level, but he decided to concentrate on the deuce because he had a better shot of making national teams.

white is right

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
There is no one we are rooting for here for the men in the short sprints. Dallas Robinson got hurt and John Woods moved to Australia. As for the 200, it is pretty sad with only the college kid Jordan Boase competeting.

There is tv coverage on espn, usa network and nbc.
I think Demps was an interesting story in the 100 because of his age and there is virtually no chance of him being on roids. Other than that it's circus and with the circus you need a bearded lady. Maybe we can get the goateed Carl Lewis to give out the medals.....
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner looked really relaxed out there today as usual. Jordan Boase scared me as he had to make up alot of ground in the final straight away. Jordan will have to start better in the semi finals if he is going to advance to the final. I really hope he can do it.

Once Trey Hardee improves his shotput he will be a 9000 point man. SERBLE (czk. rep.) was voted the best athlete across all sports< and Hardee may be the next serble, although americans will be kept in the dark about him because he is a blow to the zionists social/ educational programs>

Poacher

Mentor
Wariner and Merritt are in the same heat. Be interesting to see how they play it.

Boase is in the first heat.

Is it the top four from each heat or the eight fastest overall that advance?

SteveB

Mentor
yuri malenkov said:
Once Trey Hardee improves his shotput he will be a 9000 point man.

And his discus. Trey was 12th in the discus and lost 214 pts to Clay. He now sits in third with the javelin and 1500 to go. Standings with 2 events to go.

1. Bryan Clay 7321 pts
2. Tom Pappas 7189 pts
3. Trey Hardee 7090 pts

All three have a good shot at breaking 8500 pts. Wow!

G

Wariner is into the 400 meter final. Jordan Boase was eliminated.

SteveB

Mentor
Hardee finishes 2nd in the decathlon with a PB of 8534 points and Pappas is 3rd with 8511 points. Hats off to Clay, it's his year as he wins with 8832 points just missing O'Brien's American Record. Pretty amazing with 3 guys going over 8500.

I predict Clay and Hardee will medal in Beijing and Hardee goes on to win in 2012 with a world record. He has all of the athletic ability to break Serble's record.

I am watching on USA Network right now, waiting to see Wariner's race.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just got done watching Wariner win his semi final heat to advance to the finals. All I can say is wow. He ran a 44.66 after coasting the final 20 meters or so. He showed some speed as he caught and passed Merrit. He should go sub 44 again in the finals but I really want to see him go for the record. A world record in the US Olympic Trials would be almost as good as in the olympics.

SteveB

Mentor
white lightning said:
I just got done watching Wariner win his semi final heat to advance to the finals. All I can say is wow. He ran a 44.66 after coasting the final 20 meters or so. He showed some speed as he caught and passed Merrit. He should go sub 44 again in the finals but I really want to see him go for the record. A world record in the US Olympic Trials would be almost as good as in the olympics.

I agree, Wariner looked good as he was 4 to 5 meters ahead of Merritt at about 50 meters to go then he shut it down and still won by 1 to 2 meters. Merritt was grimicing all the way down the backstretch. Look for Wariner to slap down the competition in the finals, I predict a 43.6.

G

Matt Tegenkamp and Ian Dobson make the team at 5000 meters, along with mercenary Bernard Lagat, an "American" in name only.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Then if you also want to talk about grace, beauty and speed all in one, look no further than Flannagan and Goucher. They are both very hot although I give a slight edge to Goucher. They both qualified for the 5000 and 10000 meters in the olympics. They are very easy on the eyes and boy are they talented!
smiley2.gif

Poacher

Mentor
Great job in 800. About time Khadivus Robinson got put out to pasture.

Sounds like Wariner is in great form. I think SteveB is right when he says 43.6 for Wariner in the final.

Symmonds looks like the real deal. He is powerful. That strength will serve him well in the Olympics. 1:44 can and usually does medal in the games. Looking forward to seeing him at Beijing. Edited by: Poacher

guest301

Hall of Famer
That 800 race was one of the best I have ever watched. To see Symmonds find a way out of the impossible box he was in and sprint the final 180 meters or so to the finish line was amazing. It had me screaming at the TV as I was watching him and the two other white Oregonians sweep 123 right into the Olympics.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: guest301

guest301 said:
That 800 race was one of the best I have ever watched. To see Symmonds find a way out of the impossible box he was in and sprint the final 180 meters or so to the finish line was amazing. It had me screaming at the TV as I was watching him and the two other white Oregonians sweep 123 right into the Olympics.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I just watched the video on youtube, and that was great to see the only 3 white guys finish 1-2-3. Look at the black runners in the background after the race, they seem to be perplexed, it's the complete opposite of the quote in Undercover Brother, where the guy asks "What's behind every great black man?" and someone repsonds "A bunch of slow white athletes?" Haha. I think Symmonds and Wheating have decent chances to medal. With the race of his life Symmonds could get gold in Beijing! Edited by: Electric Slide

mastermulti

Master
that was a truly great race... worthy of an international big meet race!

Symmonds will surely be someone I'll watch but Wheating's 20 yo 6'5"
frame can really scoot too. He was running faster than everyone in the
last 50m.
And Smith and Khadevis diving over the line together shows how much
was riding on this race.

Great stuff indeed!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Glad Electric Slide and mastermulti have the same opinion of that 800 race that I do. If anybody comes across a video link of that race, I hope you will post it here and give others here at Caste Football a chance to watch a truly exciting race with a great finish.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks Poacher. Your the man!