Tyson Fury

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It looks like Fury is now trying to face Deontay "Blackstar" Wilder on February 8th. What are your thoughts on this? Does "Blackstar" accept the challenge or keep fighting tomato cans?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
It looks like Fury is now trying to face Deontay "Blackstar" Wilder on February 8th. What are your thoughts on this? Does "Blackstar" accept the challenge or keep fighting tomato cans?

So then Fury can help clean out all the black hype jobs from the joint. Haye out, and then the next phony black hype job, this one who's never even fought anyone in the top 50, but it should sell tickets. I doubt, though, if Wilder's animal trainers will risk it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
No he is going to fight either a paper ranked contender or go directly to Stiverne if Vitali is retiring. No way he will fight Fury unless the fight is for a world belt. At least the big mouth Mulatto was some what brave, Wilder might as well be a character from the Little Rascals.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomBoVjD6P8 Note the skeletons are ranked contenders...:biggrin:

Ambrose

Master

When Haye "postponed" in September Fury asked Wilder who immediately said "no". Why would we think things have changed?
Wilder wants to hide behind his phony record and keep fighting men he's sure to keep off of him until he can land the big fight with Wladimir. Losing to Wladimir is only a paper loss.

If you listen to some of Fury's on-line interviews you'll see he really understands the bu$ine$$. He needs to fight someone with name recognition to get decent payday. He doesn't have a lot of choice. If he can't get a fight with Wladimir he has to fight his own fights, build his own status and following. Fury's eagerness for Wilder suggests to us he also knows Wilder is a picture.

Wilder will likely only fight Fury if Wilder's team thinks they'll never make more bu$ine$$ with someone else.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think his team is being overly dramatic if a record purse was out there for a fight the two teams would get together for a fight. I even think Gaye was being overly dramatic by saying his career was over. I suspect in about a year after his shoulder is healed he will fight a paper contender and if he looks good he will fight somebody in a major bout. It will be interesting to see who team Fury fights in February.

Tyson Fury and American "Great Black Hope" Deontay Wilder have been exchanging some back-and-forth insults over twitter, facebook, and the boxing media and it looks like this fight, Tyson Fury VS Deontay Wilder, could realistically happen sometime in 2014.

Tyson Fury has often insulted Wilder in the press and has questioned Deontay's high WBC ranking. As a boxing fan, I strongly agree with Fury. Wilder has fought absolute nobodies and has done nothing to warrant a top-10 ranking at heavyweight, and him being rated in the top-3 by the WBC illustrates perfectly what is wrong with alphabet organization rankings. Wilder's ranking is nothing short of abysmal.

If this fight happens, I like Fury's chances. Both guys have a similar level of amateur experience (less than 40 amateur fights), but in terms of pro experience, Fury has faced and beaten much tougher levels of opposition. The truth is Wilder has never fought a "live opponent" in the pro's and this would be the first time he has done so. The last time Wilder fought a "live opponent", someone who wasn't there to lose, was in the amateurs where he lost.

Wilder hits hard, and Fury would do well to be cautious in the opening stages, but I want to see how Wilder takes a shot and deals with pressure in a 12 round fight. We haven't seen Wilder in that situation yet because he hasn't fought anyone who had a legitimate chance of winning the fight.

Fury will certainly survive the early rounds against Wilder, and then start putting on pressure like he does in all of his fights. Fury is extremely tough, hits reasonably hard, and has a pressure-type style that will break many guys down (see his fight VS Cunningham). He also has a decent jab and underrated boxing skills.

I like Fury in this fight, and I probably like him by stoppage in the mid/late rounds. This is very much a winnable fight for Fury, and the truth is Wilder's chinny and we know that from his amateur days. Fury should take this.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;M-TnfE7vA4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M-TnfE7vA4o[/video]

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tyson Fury and American "Great Black Hope" Deontay Wilder have been exchanging some back-and-forth insults over twitter, facebook, and the boxing media and it looks like this fight, Tyson Fury VS Deontay Wilder, could realistically happen sometime in 2014.

Tyson Fury has often insulted Wilder in the press and has questioned Deontay's high WBC ranking. As a boxing fan, I strongly agree with Fury. Wilder has fought absolute nobodies and has done nothing to warrant a top-10 ranking at heavyweight, and him being rated in the top-3 by the WBC illustrates perfectly what is wrong with alphabet organization rankings. Wilder's ranking is nothing short of abysmal.

If this fight happens, I like Fury's chances. Both guys have a similar level of amateur experience (less than 40 amateur fights), but in terms of pro experience, Fury has faced and beaten much tougher levels of opposition. The truth is Wilder has never fought a "live opponent" in the pro's and this would be the first time he has done so. The last time Wilder fought a "live opponent", someone who wasn't there to lose, was in the amateurs where he lost.

Wilder hits hard, and Fury would do well to be cautious in the opening stages, but I want to see how Wilder takes a shot and deals with pressure in a 12 round fight. We haven't seen Wilder in that situation yet because he hasn't fought anyone who had a legitimate chance of winning the fight.

Fury will certainly survive the early rounds against Wilder, and then start putting on pressure like he does in all of his fights. Fury is extremely tough, hits reasonably hard, and has a pressure-type style that will break many guys down (see his fight VS Cunningham). He also has a decent jab and underrated boxing skills.

I like Fury in this fight, and I probably like him by stoppage in the mid/late rounds. This is very much a winnable fight for Fury, and the truth is Wilder's chinny and we know that from his amateur days. Fury should take this.

I would bet my house on Tyson Fury beating Deontay" Blackstar" Wilder.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tyson Fury will face Omar Basile of Argentina on Feb 15.

geez that's one big mestizo. Lot of tattoos as well. Looks like LA gangbanger. Will Fury be the favorite?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I've seen that slob before, and this is just a get back in action fight for Fury - and that slob is like a one man argument against the tattooing fad. He's not a nothing opponent, though. He does have a big winning record, all I believe in South America.

Ambrose

Master
Since Fury can't land a big fight right now, he's just trying to make some money against anyone. Instead of paying for sparring, he's getting paid to.

What can he do? Haye won't fight him. and Klitschko is appeasing all of the organizations that he has belts with because he does not want to alienate his corporation K2 from the crowd. He might get another fight with "Del Boy" (which he'll win again) but the other significant heavyweights won't fight him right now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I've seen that slob before, and this is just a get back in action fight for Fury - and that slob is like a one man argument against the tattooing fad. He's not a nothing opponent, though. He does have a big winning record, all I believe in South America.
Argentine heavyweights are usually suspect with padded records. Oscar Bonavena aside most have failed miserably when they leave South America. I recall Fabio Molly having a decent record and he lasted about 20 seconds with Wlad who was on the comeback trail after the Sanders disaster. Ps this guy looks like he is close to a full blooded Spaniard or at least a European as Mestizos tend to be short and quite dark similar to Gypsies see Diego Maradona.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;qGkk96iEpaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qGkk96iEpaE[/video]

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Did Fury really come into this fight at 274 lbs? That is real bad. He needs to get to about 255 for his next fight. Not a good sign if he keeps this up.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It's impossible to be a fan of someone who is as much of a loud-mouthed jerk as Tyson Fury. Listen to him here:

[video=youtube;jwCL11e4YNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jwCL11e4YNs[/video]