Top 10 white running backs

GWTJ

Mentor
I remember watching the Colts play the Ravens early in the year and Freeney was making Ogden look pathetic. Of course, the announcers kept saying how rare it was for Ogden to be beat but it happened so many times that they just started praising Freeney. Ogden had the champ Baily syndrone. His worst games coincidentally happen to be whenever we are watching them.

Gary

Mentor
Here is a list of Hall of Fame recievers and tight ends. Lance Alworth, Ray Berry, Fred Biletnikoff, Don Maynard, Steve Largent, Elroy Hirsch. Some tight ends Don Hutson, Dave Casper and Mike Ditka.
Here is another list, Hall of Fame NHL players, Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Mario Lemieux, Stan Mikita and Bobby Orr.
Now tell me your black list of NHL Hall of Famers? Give it up punk nuts your way out of your league!!!!

Gary

Mentor
Okay clown another list Hall of Fame White basketball players!! Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Geroge Mikan, Rick Barry, Jerry Lucas, Pete Maravich, Dave Cowens, Dave DeBusschere, Larry Bird, Bob Pettit and John Havlicek. This list is not complete!!!
The two best players in college basketball this year are Adam Morrison and J.J.Reddick. Last year's NBA MVP was Steve Nash and Argentina beat Italy for the Gold Medal!!
In the winter olympic's I'll take Norway and you take Kenya! Summer games I'll take Germany and Russia-you take Nigeria and Chad!!

Gary

Mentor
Just one more to really rub it in and humble you. Here is our Offensive lineman[All Hall of Famers]Forrest Gregg, John Hannah, Jim Otto, Ron Yary, Ron Mix, Tom Mack and Mike Webster. On Defense again all Hall of Famers-Doug Atkins, Art Donovan, Leo Nomellini, Merlin Olsen, Randy White, Ernie Stautner, Bob Lilly and Howie Long. The list is almost endless for both offense and defense.Our punter is Ray Guy.

GWTJ

Mentor
Damn Gary, if this was a boxing match the referee would have stopped it 3 posts ago.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: GWTJ

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Craig James could have been one of the best if his he would have stayed healthy.Man did that guy have some moves,speed and power.I would have to go with either Cszonka or Riggins because of how long they stayed on top.

whiteCB

Master
Craig James was the man especially when he was healthy at SMU. Him and Eric Dickerson in the same backfield there was pretty sick. I really think James would have went to at least 5 Pro Bowls if he could have just stayed healthy.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Then there's the penalties. Watch how often it's a black lineman who moves before the snap. The breakdown at the position is roughly 50-50, but black linemen commit disproportionately more penalties than white ones.

Yes, and speaking of penalties, did you ever notice how it is almost always blacks called for incredibly stupid costly penalties in crucial situations. A team is third and a country mile and a defender gets called for a flagrant foul, intentional roughing, flagrant face mask, out of bounds hit or cheap shot on QB giving the offense a free set of downs. I've seen it a hundred times this year. They have no clue of the situation.

Gary

Mentor
Not in order-McNabb, Moon, Culpepper, Vick, McNair, Leftwich, Brooks and Blake.......compare that to; Baugh, Marino, Montana, Namath, Starr, Staubach, Young, Griese, Elway, Bradshaw and Graham.....need I say more! You want another list!Blacks simply aren't great QB's. Period!!!
Okay here's a few more to humble our "guest"!! Manning, Favre, Brady, Kelly, Brodie, Palmer, Pennington, Layne and Blanda.
The game is over and the final score is the White team 35-the Black team 12![no one could kick there extra points!!!

Moon is the top africanamerican QB, with McNabb #2, and Culpepper #3, Randall Cunningham #4Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

Bart

Hall of Famer
hollywoodnorth1 said:
Moon is the top black QB, with McNabb #2, and Culpepper #3, Randall Cunningham #4, then Blake #5, then Doug Williams #6 and McNair #7, then Brooks #8, then the rest #9Vick, #10 Leftwich, #11Kordell).

Just for the sake of argument, how can you rate D.Williams and Blake ahead of McNair?

As for the top ten white QB's, you include Joe Namath( way overrrated- threw a lot more picks than TD's.)and include Manning which is OK, butdon't have Brady in the top 20?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Don Wassall said:
Then there's the penalties. Watch how often it's a black lineman who moves before the snap. The breakdown at the position is roughly 50-50, but black linemen commit disproportionately more penalties than white ones.

Yes, and speaking of penalties, did you ever notice how it is almost always blacks called for incredibly stupid costly penalties in crucial situations. A team is third and a country mile and a defender gets called for a flagrant foul, intentional roughing, flagrant face mask, out of bounds hit or cheap shot on QB giving the offense a free set of downs. I've seen it a hundred times this year. They have no clue of the situation.

Stands to reason when 90% of the NFL is black, that black players will receive the bulk of the penalty calls.
smiley2.gif

Personally, I'd like to see more penalties called on white players, which in the above scenario would mean there are more whites playing.
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun,you're right of course about the percentage of blacks on defense, but none the less,they seem to far exceed what can be expected regarding stupid egregious penalties. Edited by: Bart

JD074

Master
werewolf13 said:
Who said they were fast? No one said all black athletes are fast, just saying that the best tend to be black.  

So if speed isn't what makes them better, what is it?

werewolf13 said:
There is nothing racist about it, its just that those in the rougher, more ghetto neighborhoods tend to be black. Those kids also tend to be better in athletics.

And all those white suburban high school teams that beat the black ghetto teams? You don't have to be from the ghetto to care more about sports than academics.

werewolf13 said:
The same reason that the Irish dominated boxing in the early 1900s. They dominated the ghettos, and due to the lack of schools and education tend to be more athletically focused.

Boxing is not football.

werewolf13 said:
Cris Carter, Rice, Monk, Irvin are all better than any white reciever to play the game.

I guess you didn't read my post on Steve Largent.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
White Shogun, you're right of course about the percentage of blacks on defense, but none the less, they seem to far exceed what can be expected regarding stupid egregious penalties.

I hear you, Bart. I was just using your post in a tongue-in-cheek manner as a segue into my not-so-funny gag of seeing more penalties on white players.
smiley5.gif