TOMATO CAN WINS BY TKO

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
KEVIN "TOMATO CAN" MCBRIDE WINS BY TKO!!</font></font>

Tyson quit on his stool at the beginning of round 7, after taking a beating from McBride in the 6th.

Now I wish I'd paid for the PPV! OH YEAH!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
YEEE HAAAAA!!!! Awesome!I'm so glad McBride won! Maybe Tyson will get another job to pay off his debts now. Now, to celebrate. Where's my bagpipes...

Gary

Mentor
I am very proud of Kevin McBride!He hung tough-fought back and made Tyson quit.Alexander Povetkin who won the Gold Medal in the Olympics made his pro boxing debut today and ko'd Muhammed Ali in 2 rounds{no kidding}.Come on my White Brothers keep winning,that smile is coming off there faces!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tyson lost to a white tomato can! He trulymust be finished! That sums up ESPN's attitude toward it, which is accurate. Tyson's been washed up for a long time. If he fought Klitschko it would be over as soon as Klitschko wanted it to be over.

Watching the post-fight coverage on Sports Center, I was struck by the sight of Tyson and McBride giving a joint press conference together -- right after the fight! Did Tom Brady and Donovan McNabb do a joint press conference after the Super Bowl? Bellichik and Reid? Johnny Damon and Scott Rolen after the World Series? Do any opponents in any other sport?

How can you sit contently beside someone you were supposed to have gone to war against, just minutes afterwards? Both Tyson and McBride were that way. And McBride was continually insulted by Tyson. McBride acted/played the role of loser even after he won. Maybe that's one reason I've gone away from following heavyweight boxing,someof it is reminiscent of pro wrestling. Edited by: Don Wassall

kevin

Guru
Tyson tried to break mcbrided arm and he still didn't get dq'd. Any other fighter they wound have rang the bell.

White_Savage

Mentor
Oh, the fighting races don't die out,
If they seldom die in bed,
For love is first in their hearts, no doubt,"
Said Burke; then Kelly said:& nbsp;
"When Michael, the Irish Archangel, stands,
The angel with the sword,
And the battle-dead from a hundred lands
Are ranged in one big horde,
Our line, that for Gabriel's trumpet waits,
Will stretch three deep that day,
From Jehoshaphat to the Golden Gatesâ€â€￾
Kelly and Burke and Shea."
"Well, here 's thank God for the race and the sod!"
Said Kelly and Burke and Shea.

--from "The Fighting Race" by Joseph I.C. Clarke, 1898
Edited by: White_Savage

White_Savage

Mentor
White_Savage wrote on 02 June:

"We shall see what happens Pugnus. If McBride is such a bum, and he happens to win, what will that say about ******* boxing superiority?"

Heh heh...just call me Nostradamus folks.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif
Good one White_Savage! Cool poem too.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
McBride earned $150,000 for this fight.

Tyson?

$5 million.

White_Savage

Mentor
The difference being that McBride will live well for a couple of years at least with his 150 grand, while Tyson probably can't get out of debt and certainly will go back in debt with his five million.

speedster

Mentor
I have to say I'm really surprised with this result.Initialy I wasn't interested in this bout,but when I found out McBride won I became interested.Even though I still don't think that much of McBride,I was glad to see a white guy end the career of a stupid black guy.It was proven once again that when an opponent doesn't play nice with Mikey he takes his toys with him and goes home.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I posted on the other thread that I would drink a
Guiness if McBride won.Well I had quite a few.What
a night.This guy impressed me with his toughness.He
never backed down from Tyson and even fought on the
inside alot.That usually will get a taller fighter in
trouble but he just started throwing uppercuts.To see
Tysons eyes roll back in his head was priceless.What a
great fight.I still can't wipe the smile off my face.lol.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
This quote by Tyson after the fight sums up his entire career in capsule:

"I could have gone on but I thought I was getting beat," Tyson said. "I don't think I have it anymore."

Tyson's first reaction to having his ass handed to him is to try disqualification: biting Holyfield not once BUT TWICE in the same fight (WTF??); trying to injure the arm of Francois Botha; and trying to injure McBride in the same way AND head-butting him deliberately.

He has no heart, never has. Every time he has been tested he has literally and figuratively refused to answer the bell.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Where is Pugnus at?I want to hear his thoughts on the
fight.Ha.ha.ha.Tyson sucks and you know it.Who will the
thugs look up to now?Did you guys notice how many low
blows Tyson kept throwing.In one round alone,I counted
5 times he went below the belt.The ref just ignorred it
and never warned or took a point away.They tried to help
Tyson win the fight and he still lost.Everyone knows how
tough the Irish are.I won't miss Tyson,that's for sure!

dkr77

Guru
Most people have no ideahow badly blacks hate it when one of there thug icons gets his ass handed to him by a white man. Just look and listen to the reaction of Roy Jones Jr. when the name Klitschko comes up on HBO boxing. He hates both of them. And you know why? Because they are white men who beat the sh*t out of black men, and Roy, along with most other blacks,cannot stand it.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Some fight pics

mcbride_mci1115.jpg

mcbride_mci131.jpg

mcbride_mci133.jpg

They must have some serious hang overs in Ireland, another Irish lad won a lightweight fight at Madison Square Gardens- John Duddy
johnduddy_thompson.jpg

Sean

Mentor
McBride did very much for himself by winning this fight. I notice, though, how no one says McBride is good, just that Tyson is now bad. Too bad it's the SAME people who said, before the fight, that no matter how bad Tyson is, he can beat a white tomatoe can. I think that's pretty funny.

tyson013.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I have never seen a picture of McBride until looking at these pics. He's big, but not physically intimidating. Just goes to show you how Tyson doesn't have the skills to compete anymore. An unheralded fighter, albeit the Irish Champion, is too much for him to handle. The way to think about this is that the other guys who beat Tyson over the last few years were no slouches, although no champions, so McBride must be pretty good, considering who he is now in company with. That's my 2 cents.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thats a true statement, Colonel Reb. Beating Tyson landed Danny Williams a title shot. I wonder if McBride will be afforded the same opportunity?
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think we all know that answer, but for the sake of keeping the seeds of rebellion going, he should get a shot at a better fighter, someone who is considered a contender. If McBride wins against him, then maybe he would get a title shot. I don't know boxing or most of the boxers very well, but that's what I think about it. Maybe this question would be better off in another thread but I wonder how the seperate boxing organizations came to be, and which one is considered the best. It sounds like what has happened in professional wrestling in reverse.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Yea its a shame to witness the double standard.  Tyson lost the fight only because he was washed up and not because this fighter put forth a good fight. Why just this evening on the Tonight Show with Jay Lenno he cracked this joke, "You know its time to quite when you lose to the white guys."  The joke wasnt received well in my opinion which is why he repeated it in his usual studdering fashion, "lost to the white guy...to the white guy."  He then looked over to his lackey Kevin for support.  What a shmuck.  I guess he didnt witness the recent fantastic fight between Ricky the Hitman Hatton and Kostya- two ferocious white fighters.  Blacks don't dominate boxing anymore; thats just fact.  But jokes like this keep all the good ol American boys still believing in myths.  Edited by: Alpha Male

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very good point Alpha Male.Leno's humor was in very
bad taste.I would like to see him tell Klitschko that
he can't fight.Hopefully,he will think twice before
using that joke again.It is so nice to see all of these
new faces in boxing.

Gary

Mentor
Leno is a fat slob who is way behind the times-The White males are driving the blacks out of the heavyweight class.Leno may have got his laugh from the jock sniffers-but he who laughs last laughs best and McBride is LAUGHING
smiley36.gif