Toby Gerhart

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
FootballDad said:
How do we overcome this deeply ingrained, yet nonsensical prejudice?

It's almost like living among zombies at times, reminiscent ofmovies like"Invasion of the Body Snatchers." The same DWFs are as blind and dumb when it comes to everything else going on in this country. They're dream material for governments because they believe everything they're told by the "mainstream" media. And even if you find yourself getting through to one of them, say over a few drinks at the pub, the next time you see them you're starting over from scratch again.

The best I can figure, at this time there's only asmall number of Americans capable of seeing what's really going on, including in the realm of sports. I truly think there's a strong link between how much network television one watches and how well programmed they are as DWFs. Not that this is the only variable, but it seems to be a strong one. Only certain ones seem reachable, somewhere between 5 and 20 percent of the population, and they have to be reached one at a time.

The silver lining is that the reachable ones almost always are intelligent, productive people, the ones who still hold what's left of this country together, and who if they organized together effectively can bring about the changes this country desperately needs, and that most of theignorant DWFs would gratefully support.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The stereotypes are extremely hard to break. I've heard such ridiculous excuses from DWF's as to why there are no white running backs in the NFL that one would think there is a book that all these people read about white athletes. My favorite one of all time has to be that "white's are too fragile" to be tailbacks.

White Power

Mentor
F"ck the pundits Toby will have a great combine and get drafted high. Dis respecting Toby is the new cool for dumb ass white bloggers most of who aren't true sports writers just guys with draft web sites. Their is no way if Toby runs in the 4.5s that he is not taken in the 1st 2 rounds. I hate to say this, but quit worrying. Their are smart people in the NFL that know Toby has real talent. The hell with Walter football and NFL draft.com they are just talking heads who who cares what they think. Toby already knows where he is going based on how he performs, the rest is speculative B.S. Let it go, and watch how he moves up all the draft boards after the combine and his personal workouts. This pity and why us has got to stop anyone who watched Toby destroy Notre Dame knows he is a great pro prospect. I don't think he gets past the Chargers in round 1 to be honest with all of you.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
FootballDad said:
<div></div>How do we overcome this deeply ingrained, yet nonsensical prejudice?
<div> </div>
<div>It's almost like living among zombies at times, reminiscent of movies like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."  The same DWFs are as blind and dumb when it comes to everything else going on in this country.  They're dream material for governments because they believe everything they're told by the "mainstream" media.  And even if you find yourself getting through to one of them, say over a few drinks at the pub, the next time you see them you're starting over from scratch again.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The best I can figure, at this time there's only a small number of Americans capable of seeing what's really going on, including in the realm of sports.  I truly think there's a strong link between how much network television one watches and how well programmed they are as DWFs.   Not that this is the only variable, but it seems to be a strong one.  Only certain ones seem reachable, somewhere between 5 and 20 percent of the population, and they have to be reached one at a time.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The silver lining is that the reachable ones almost always are intelligent, productive people, the ones who still hold what's left of this country together, and who if they organized together effectively can bring about the changes this country desperately needs, and that most of the ignorant DWFs would gratefully support.  </div>

I think that is a good commentary on the situation Don. IMO, the good news is that the type of people who can be reached are the cream. The ones who in their own way seek truth and don't prefer to be mired down in lies. Once someone like this has had their eyes fully opened, they don't want to go back to sleep. The bad news is that they are truly few in number, while the mindless mass man idiots are the vast majority of all people on earth. They are lemmings who are easy to control, but therein lies also a silver lining. WHEN the pendulum shifts, they get in line and do what they are told. I hate to say it so bluntly because I really do not want to put them down, but truthfully it doesn't matter for the most part what you are selling these people they will buy it if it is in vogue. I have said to people before, that if the American Revolution had relied on Joe Sixpacks or maybe more correctly Joe Six Pints for anything other than grunts, we would still have the Queen as our figurehead of state. Lets also be honest, the grievances of today are far worse than those for which we declared independence from Jolly Old England. The time is slowly coming again and all it requires is a cohesive gathering in mind of the right people.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I wish Cable gets fired, Harbaugh gets hired and drafts Toby, that would be a really good scenario.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A lot of the problem definitely has to do with the inability of people to think independently and critically, which is one thing government indoctrination centers (public schools), the idiot box (TV), and other media have very successfully taken out of us, often at a very early age. I regularly thank God for giving me a strong Christian father who taught me to think independently and critically about pretty much everything. I'm glad I began to take his advice and started questioning the "conventional wisdom" on a variety of issues during my teenage years. In a world where groupthink is considered cool by most, I find myself at odds with almost everyone I come into contact with on at least a few issues. Of course, there are some things I can agree to disagree with people on. It has been said that most children who enter the public school system in K5 have the creativity squeezed out of them by the time they are in 3rd grade, and from I've seen I believe it. Bear Backer makes a good point about the American Revolution. It takes people who know the truth and aren't afraid of the consequences to turn things right side up. Changing minds does happen one person at a time, and yes, there are a lot of folks who may agree with you once but aren't willing to go public and end up shunning you. That's just the way it goes. They have to decide whether they will accept the truth or just stick their head back in the sand and pretend they never heard the truth. The few people we personally help to see the light and who experience a paradigm shift, makes the effort well worth it.

backrow

Hall of Famer
draftdaddy linked this article from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/337137-toby-gerhart-white-men-cant-jumpbut-can-they-run">bleacher report

Toby Gerhart: White Men Can't Jump....But Can They Run ? by Sean Neilon Sean NeilonContributor
7 articles written
77 comments written
4 fans
View Profile

Contributor Written on February 01, 2010 Harry How/Getty Images Toby Gerhart has been The University of Stanford's standout running back for the past two college seasons (played four years total). Gerhart, finished his collegiate career with 3,522 yards rushing. This is second on Stanford's all-time career rushing list. His 43 rushing touchdowns rate first all-time in the University of Stanford's school history, and finished the 2009 season with 27 rushing TDs. He earned All- American honors and was named The PAC- 10 Offensive player of the year for 2009. Gerhart finished second in the balloting for the 2009 Heisman Trophy, 28 points behind the eventual winner Mark Ingram. The 28 point lose to Ingram was the closet Heisman race in its storied history.

Now on paper most teams would be thrilled at the prospect of drafting a player with such credentials as Gerharts. However, there is a slight problem, he's white. The fact is that not one running back that is starting in the NFL is white. In the last 25 years not one "white"Â￾ running back has been drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, that has not been turned into a fullback once reaching the NFL level. The last white running back to be drafted in the first round was John Cappelletti, who played for Penn State. Drafted by the Rams with the 11th overall pick in the 1974 NFL Draft. Cappelletti had a less than impressive career, rushing for just 2,951 yards in nine seasons. The stigma that has plagued the NFL for some time now is that white men cannot run. There have already been reporters and television personalities say that Gerhart will have to become an excellent blocker and role player to succeed in the NFL. This is shameful statements to say about a "running back"Â￾ that is one of the best in college football. Of course, not many will say the reason for these kinds of comments (Gerhart being white), because of fear of reprisal that may come. It is reported by ESPN that Gerhart runs in the range of a 4.5 40 yard dash time, six feet one inch tall and at 235 pounds. If he were African-American, Gerhart would be labeled a dynamic power running back. However, put the "white"Â￾ after his stats, speed and size; all of a sudden he becomes a short yardage back that can become a great run and pass blocker. ESPN's draft gurus Mel Kiper and Todd McShay have Gerhart going in the late 2nd, early 3rd round of the NFL Draft. However, they say whether he is drafted as a running back or full back depends on his 40 yard dash time that he will run at the NFL combine.

I have a feeling though, if he were to be African â€" American, being drafted as a FB would not be in the conversation. Don't believe me? LeGarrette Blount, RB at the University of Oregon, is six-two, 246 pounds and is said to run a 4.5-4.6 forty yard dash (which is similar to Gerhart). Yet there has been no talk about him possibly being drafted as a fullback. The stereotypical double standard will be on full display during the 2010 NFL Draft, but shhh! Don't say anything.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He forgot to mention the fact that Toby Gerhart won the Doak Walker Award. Otherwise, a great piece, if for no other fact than he specifically mentioned race as being a factor in the "demotion" talk around Toby.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It was a pretty good article, to the point enough to keep the DWF interest, but with a couple minor grammatical errors. I think he should have mentioned maybe 5 big names that run 4.6 or slower from this year and last instead of just Blount. This can easily be found on the web.

He didn't mention that Gerhart won the Doak award, but I think listing his ridiculously good stats and saying that he finished second in the closest Heisman vote ever got the point across.
smiley20.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Also should mention, Cappelletti had a solid YPC and performance when he played, but I think it was injuries that mainly slowed his career.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes he had injuries and when he went to San Diego he was viewed as damaged goods and became the blocking back to Chuck Muncie.

Tom Iron

Mentor
It'll be interesting seeing if the caste situation is so deep, that an attempt is made to keep Gerhart off the field in the nfl. I think which ever team drafts him will have a hard time trying to keep him off the field and at the same time, sell it to the fans, he just doesn't have what it takes to be a rb in the pros. That'd be sticky wicket I think.

Tom Iron...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart should be in the number 2 spot where Ryan Mathews is, Ryan did post better ypc, but in a weaker conference, and he had less touchdowns. The write up on him is basically identical to what Toby's would read, except Toby is bigger and stronger and has proven to be more of a workhorse than Mathews

Honestly I think Jake Sharp is a better prospect than McCluster, they both have similar skillsets, except Sharp is bigger and can run with more power. No reason to have him higher than Gerhart, they label him a "Sproles type player". Sproles is decent, he had around 300 yards rushing 3.7 ypc and around 500 receiving. So 800 yards from scrimmage. Good? yes. Great? no, not at all. Listing someone as the 4th best running back and saying he has the potential to be like someone who gained 800 yards is ridiculous. Sproles will never be an every down player, and McCluster is 20 pounds lighter! So I doubt he will even have the role that Sproles has. That is a big difference when you are talking under 200, Sproles is 185, McCluster is 165. And they say Woodhead is too small at 5'8 200 pounds.Edited by: dwid

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Look at what this idiot said to me concerning Toby Gerhart. http://nflmocks.com/2010/02/11/nfl-mocks-prospect-rankings-top-5-running-backs/
<div></div>My comment is towards the bottom, he thinks the midget Dexter McCluster is a better prospect then Toby!!

CB15, thanks for the link. I just posted a comment too (defending Toby). That Sanchez author is a hardcore caste lackey
smiley8.gif
. No way is Toby not the #1 (or at least #2) TB/RB in the draft. Only because of the BS caste system would Toby fall into the 2nd or 3rd round.
smiley21.gif

hawkeye

Guru
I like the fact that he siad he could develope into a Brendan Jacobs type runner, and that not good enough. Brendan Jacobs averages over 5 yards a carry and takes out linebackers. Jacobs is a pro-bowler. Reggie Bush got all this hype and is not very good in the backfield. Bush averages under 4 yards a carry and while he is a good reciever he is probably the 3 best running back on New Orleans. I hope and expect Toby to preform like Jacobs and change the running back spot for good.

JReb1

Mentor
A Jacobs isn't worthy of a 1st round pick but a Sproles clone is, that's ridiculous. And Gerhart doesn't have "elite" speed is BS because Toby's faster (4.4-4.5 IS elite speed especially for a RB that size) than the average NFL HB. Like I've said before, Caste whores can watch a black guy run 1 second slower than a White man and he will still see the black guy as somehow being faster...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Sproles hasn't even gone over 1,000 yards from scrimmage yet in a season. His highest total is around 800. Jacobs got over 1,000 yards 2 seasons in row splitting carries with two other backs. Jacobs was picked in the 4th round because he played at Southern Illinois, not even an FBS school, a season where he rushed for 992 yards and 19 tds.

Toby had a much more productive senior season, 1,871 rushing yards and 28 rushing touchdowns, leading the FBS in both against much tougher competition. Won't have the similar knee issues that Jacobs has because he 3 inches shorter (Jacobs is 6'4). Probably will run in the 4.45-4.55 range yet he isn't worthy of being put in the top 5?

I keep getting hate mail on youtube saying "how could you rate Toby as a top 3 halfback prospect?" How could you not rate him in the top 3? Just because "experts" are hyping up these other guys and trying to make us forget how talented Toby is? I haven't seen one mock draft that puts Toby in the top 5. In fact the the only time I remember him being listed was around the 15th mark.

Toby is better than Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells (the two top rb prospects from last year) yet the "experts" claim he is a 3rd or 4th round pick.Edited by: dwid

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nobody wants to see a white runningback succeed in the league. It would go against the NFL's policy. The combine is coming up in just a couple of months so we will so what Toby runs. Hopefully it is at least in the 4.5 range.

dwid

Hall of Famer
It will at least be in the 4.5 range. Funny how one of that guys arguments was basically "college success doesn't automatically translate into nfl success". Funny how that line is only used when White athletes are going pro, Gerhart, Tebow, Laurinaitis, the list goes on. It just baffles me when "experts" say that. What are teams suposed to do? NOT draft someone who had college success and hope he will have NFL success?Edited by: dwid

JReb1

Mentor
Gerhart is starting to be ranked even lower than Hester or Leonard and knowing what happened to them in the NFL I just don't see how it's going to be any different with Toby. I will hope, but I've been hoping for Staley, Hester and Leonard for years. Only 2 years ago Staley tried out for an arena team as a WR, he still runs a 4.4 40 and he didn't even make an arena team. Crouch couldn't catch a break in the CFL where they LOVE scrambling QB's. Any of these guys could be successful carrying the ball in the NFL but they'll never get a chance unless someone respected that's not automatically labeled a "racist" stands up against the Caste system...
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
from cbssports.com:

full article

Potential risers
Workout numbers and on-field play will convince scouts to push for these players in draft meetings.

RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford: The Heisman Trophy finalist has been a bullish runner for the Cardinal, but will surprise some with his straight-line speed and agility to prove himself a better athlete than most believe.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
On ESPN, they just showed that America voted Gerhart the 3rd-best RB, behind Spiller and Jahvid Best.

Dwyer was 4th and McCluster 5th.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Toby should be on everyones top 3 list. End of the story, there's not much to argue against that!!