Toby Gerhart

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
DWID, outstanding video partner! I've e-mailed it to a slew of buddies. BTW, Danzig's first album was his/their best one...good song for the soundtrack!

With 12 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Ingram has 11 rush for 22 yds, long of 8 and 0 TDs. This bode's well for Gerhart's Heisman chances! I feel weird rooting against a player, and in a fair world I wouldn't have too, but in this case I can't help but feel good if Ingram continues to run poorly!

edit: I never thought I'd say this on this forum, but WAR EAGLE!!! Lol. Edited by: Electric Slide

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ingram (the caste media Heisman favorite) just had 16 runs for a whopping 32 yards plus 3 catches for 21 yards against the 56th ranked defense in the country.
smiley36.gif
Oh yeah, he's CLEARLY superior to Toby Gerhart.

foobar75

Master
Toby has been given a golden opportunity after Ingram's performance today. A big game against ND should help his chances tremendously. I think there's now a good possibility (after McCoy's big game last night), that McCoy, Gerhart, and Tebow could be in a 3-way fight, with Ingram falling to 4th.Edited by: foobar75

foobar75 said:
Toby has been given a golden opportunity after Ingram's performance today. A big game against ND should help his chances tremendously. I think there's now a good possibility (after McCoy's big game last night), that McCoy, Gerhard, and Tebow could be in a 3-way fight, with Ingram falling to 4th.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
McCoy, Gerhart and Tebow sound like 3 great Heisman finalists to me!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Looks like one third of my prediction is coming true. McCoy's prformance put added pressure on Tovy to get a monster game tmrw.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tmrw Toby is going to need about 225 yards and at minimum 4 to 5 TDs to out right fairly claim to trouphy from McCoy.

Watcher

One of the things I like most about Toby is he has some balls. Toby said "I think I'm pretty damn fast." I haven't seen him him undermine himself like "I'm a grinder. I'm not the most athletic" Brian Leonard, or "I'll play towel boy" Jacob Hester, etc.

Here's picture of a chat that was part of an online stream (found on www.myp2p.eu) of the Stanford vs California game Nov 21:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/788/tobychat1.png

The comments are excerpts, but happened in the chronological order they appear. Even after cleary outrunning 2 DB's on a 61 yard run, he's still called 'too slow'. Does anyone have a clip of that run by itself? Even after people are watching him produce, he's still not considered good enough.
Edited by: Watcher

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Tmrw Toby is going to need about 225 yards and at minimum 4 to 5 TDs to out right fairly claim to trouphy from McCoy.

Those #'s would seal the deal for sure...I think 200+ & 3 TDs would too. At worse, he gets 100+ and 1 TD...hopefully more!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am so jacked up for the game on Saturday Night. Toby is going to make us all proud. According to ESPN, they think the top two guys might be Tebow and Gerhart. I want to see a monster game. It's too bad for Toby that Tebow has two games left. Tim might get between 900-1000 yards rushing if he has a couple of big games on the ground.

Tebow has won it already. I want Gerhart to win. If not I would like to see Colt McCoy win. Although Tebow being the first two time winner in forever would be a nice consalation prize. At least the top 3 are our guys.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Ingram looks like he will slip, with the porous performance today against Auburn. Gerhart can still win it with another huge performance against Notre Dame and than hopefully in the Emporia bowl! I agree WL, it looks like the top 3 vote getters could be white!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW, I congratulated dwid in the college highlight sticky, but I really meant to post my comment on his video here. What an amazing video he put together, this and the McGuffie video were downright dazzling!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tough, I think you mean Stanford would end up in the Emerald Bowl. I wish they could get into a better bowl, but it seems after the top 2 teams, the bowls are about as bad for the PAC-10 as they are for the MWC.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I meant Emerald Bowl. I forgot the name, thank you Colonel! BTW, I haven't checked my e-mail in a while (been too busy), but I'll hit you with an e-mail back when I get the chance sometime next month.

Kaptain

Master
Dwid, How about a video without music - just announcer and game noise? I'm not complaining. You do a great job on the vids and I've actually burnt a full DVD on mostly your vids and shown a few people who were unaware how good some of our guys are.

The Heisman door is wide open for Toby with Ingram's 16 for 32 yard effort. Colt McCoy made a strong play for the Heisman this week, but the QB Heisman race is a little crowded as well as played out the last couple of years. Toby is now the clear RB choice - should he perform well tonight. It should make him the clear favorite. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

White Power

Mentor
I have been reading NFL chat room material of varoious teams, and I seen Toby's name mentioned as a player some fans want their team to draft as the franchise running back. I even chimed in and called Toby a human 1st down. I like the way that sounds. People all over the country are starting to take notice of Toby, and how great of a player he really is going to be at ther pro level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div id="zoomTxt" ="georgia sm">

Here are a couple of stories including Toby over the last day.http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/99417/group/Sports/

STANFORD, Calif. (AP) â€" Toby
Gerhart plans to spend a few extra minutes soaking it all in before
walking off the field in what could be his final game at Stanford
Stadium on Saturday against Notre Dame.

"I don't think it will
really sink in until after the game is over,"Â￾ Gerhart said. "Hopefully
it's a win, we're happy and celebrating and it will be a sweet ending."Â￾

Gerhart will be far from the only participant with those sorts
of emotions Saturday when the Cardinal (7-4) host the Fighting Irish
(6-5) in the regular season finale for both teams.

The game could well be the last at Notre Dame for Irish coach Charlie Weis and star quarterback Jimmy Clausen, too.

Though
he'd presumably play in a bowl game, Clausen is widely expected to skip
his senior seasons and enter the NFL draft. That's a decision Gerhart
is weighing as well, deciding whether to apply for a medical redshirt
or head to the NFL.

Weis' fate is out of his hands. He will fly
back with the team to meet with athletic director Jack Swarbrick
instead of going on a recruiting trip as originally planned.

Weis
said Sunday that he "would have a tough time arguing"Â￾ if the school
decided to fire him after five seasons. Weis led the Irish to BCS bowls
in his first two years but has struggled since then.

His 35-26
record gives him a .573 winning percentage, which is worse than the
.583 winning percentage that got Notre Dame's two previous coaches,
Tyrone Willingham and Bob Davie, fired.

Weis refused to talk about his job status after Sunday, saying his focus was entirely on winning this week's game.

"I'm
ready to go,"Â￾ he said. "I'm fired up. I really am. I'm fired up to go
out and play Stanford. I'm really looking forward to it."Â￾

It
has been a tumultuous week at Notre Dame with talk about Weis' job
status and Clausen getting a black eye after being punched outside a
bar early Sunday. The Notre Dame players were off limits to reporters
this week. The Irish also will be without leading rusher Armando Allen,
who is out with a cracked bone in his right hand.

The Stanford players are trying not to pay too much attention to all the hubbub around Notre Dame.

"We
just don't let it affect us at all,"Â￾ Cardinal center Chase Beeler said.
"No matter what the conditions are there, we will prepare like they are
anyone else."Â￾</div><h1>
</h1><h1>Stanford's Gerhart could run over Irish</h1>

<div id="articlecredit">
<h5 id="author">Tony Krausz</h5></div>
<div id="right"><div ="info"><div ="info-">

When: 8 p.m. Saturday

TV: ABC

Radio: 1450 AM, 1510 AM, 107.3 FM</div>
</div>

</div>
<div id="story">

SOUTH BEND â€" Stanford has the player to attack one of the weakest points of the Notre Dame's defense.

Cardinal
senior running back Toby Gerhart will be unleashed at 8 p.m. Saturday
in Palo Alto, Calif., against an Irish run defense that is giving up
160.3 yards per game.

Gerhart is averaging 139.2 rushing
yards, third best in the nation, and the 6-foot-1, 235-pound back has
run for 200 or more yards twice and has a nation-leading 23 touchdowns
for Stanford (7-4).

Gerhart's 200-yard games came against
then-No. 24 Washington in a 34-14 victory Sept. 26 and then-No. 8
Oregon in a 51-42 win Nov. 7.

"He's just explosive, and he
keeps his legs moving at all times,"Â￾ Irish linebacker Darius Fleming
said in a statement as the team didn't allow interviews with players
and assistant coaches this week.

"He's one of the few
running backs that keeps his legs running after contact. Besides him
being a big guy, him being as quick as he is and as powerful as he is,
he is tough."Â￾

Gerhart, who is a finalist for the Doak
Walker Award given to the nation's top running back, runs behind a
Cardinal offensive line that averages 297 pounds.

Although primarily a power runner, he can also get to the outside and has two runs of 60 or more yards this season.

Irish
coach Charlie Weis said he could point to Stanford's offensive line,
tight ends and hardnosed mentality for its rushing success, but the
embattled Irish coach said Gerhart deserves most of the credit.

"That
No.7 (Gerhart), the guy with the ball in his hands, you know, he's
special,"Â￾ Weis said. "He gets a lot of hidden yardage because you don't
get 139 yards a game by just running in open field all the time and
just by scheme. I mean, this kid is a heck of a runner."Â￾

Gerhart is also tough to bring down.

Weis said the best way to stop Gerhart is to gang-tackle him, an area in which the Irish have struggled this season.

Irish safety Kyle McCarthy, who leads the team with 90 tackles, said the defense has to attack Gerhart at full speed.

"You've got to be physical and right back up there with him and just go get after him,"Â￾ McCarthy said.

"As far as practice, I'm sure it will be a physical week of practice to get us ready for it."Â￾

To prepare for Gerhart, Notre Dame (6-5) matched its first-team offense against its first-team defense.

But
even trying to simulate the speed of game might not be enough to help
the Irish slow the Cardinal's running game, which averages 219.3 yards.

"They
are just a power-run team,"Â￾ Irish linebacker Brian Smith said. "They
have some sets in there that are obvious run plays, but they are going
to just try and run it down your throat. They are going to show you
what they are going to run, but they are going to try and run it down
your throat."Â￾

tkrausz@jg.nethttp://www.journalgazette.net/article/20091127/SPORTS0302/311279943
</div>

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I wish a caucassian would re-assert his balls and write an article showing the wrongs that have been done to us in sports. It's time to sack up. I can't wait for Tough J. to come out with his book, it will be an interesting non-fiction read. Edited by: celticdb15

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know more than one CF regular who has talked about writing a book on the caste system and its effects. I hope these ideas come to fruition and help make an impact.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tim Tebow had a monster game today. 221 passing, 90 yards rushing with a long gain of 47 yards, to go with his 5 TDs passing and rushing, with Florida winning.

Toby at this point will need 250 yards and 5 TDs with some being highlight reel touch downs to regain momentuem. Of course Stanford has to win.

But nevertheless, its going to be great with Toby and kickass WHITE running back as a Heisman finalist.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Listen to all the media gush about Tim you would think is a cherished overhyped afflet with a good bubble. LOL

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I still have hope for Toby winning it. He is such a feel good story. They could make a movie about his life and his family as well. I love Tebow, but I really want Toby Gerhart to win.

Here is to an epic game tonight by Toby. New career high in rushing yards hopefully! I will have no voice left by the time this game is over. Go Stanford.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Toby is having an amazing game. Over 150 yards. He has rushed for 2 tds and passed for 1 td. What a game. Tied up at 38 points in the 4th quarter. Go Toby. Go Stanford!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby should have about 5 more carries, but he's done really well with the carries he's received. Toby had a nice 28 yard run too!