Tobias Unger

surfsider

Guru
Second semi from Seville---

II(1.7)-1. Obikwelu 19.84 NR (WL) (9, x W); 2. Urbas 19.98 NR; 3. Little 20.10 PR; 4. Fredericks 20.10; 5. Devonish 20.25 PR (fastest non-qualifier ever); 6. García 20.38; 7. Smith 20.72;& dnc-Stevens.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I heard that Unger blew out his achilles. That could be it for him as world class 200 metre guy. I have never seen a guy comeback from that injury and be the same guy. The only hope for him is that he is younger than most guys that did this........

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He's actually going into his late 20's.Not a good sign.I am so depressed as he was a good candidate to potentially run a sub 20 in the next 2 years.Here's hoping for a miraculous recovery.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tobias has made a full recovery and is training for the outdoor season.I hope he can regain his form of a couple of years ago.He is still by far,the best overall sprinter in Germany.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Unger is in good shape and ready to be competetive again.He will focus on running more 100 meters races this season.Tobias will attempt to win both the 100 and the 200 at the German Championships.

This kid has personal bests of 10.16 and 20.20 in his events.If healthy,Unger has the potential to go sub 10 and sub 20 in both events.I would be happy to see him at least succeed in one of the events.Here is to a big summer for him and his fellow German Sprinters!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Unger opened up his outdoor season with a very fast 200 meters victory in Germany today in a time of 20.57! He is well on his way back to form.As most of you know,Tobias is coming back from a major injury.It's great to see him sprinting again.

At the same meet,young Christian Blum ran a new p.b. of 10.26 in the 100 meters!We can now honestly say that we have 3 new young sprinters that should be world class in the near future.We have Craig Pickering,Dariusz Kuc,and Christian Blum.This is such a breath of fresh air.These kids are starting to pop up more and more.This kid is so skinny that it will be really amazing to see what he can do when he develops more muscle physically.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tobias Unger is looking to throw down a very fast time this weekend at the Euro Cup.I want to see him get back in his Olympic Form when he was in Athens.I still belive if he stays healthy,he can make a serious run at some sub 20's in the deuce.I'm hoping he can dip down anywhere from a 20.20 - 20.30 range this weekend.He has already run it the 20.45 range thus far this year.

Blum will also be running against Yepishn,Pickering and Kuc in the 100.It should be a fun one to watch.This could be a race that is a glimpse into the future as Pickering,Kuc and Blum are all just 20 years of age!Here is to some good conditions & fast times!
smiley32.gif