Tim Tebow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
White athletes need to stand up for themselves. They may think this crap is being done for fun by these affletes but it's really racism on their part.

GWTJ

Mentor
Without trying to sound like I support these rookie hazing rituals, which I don't really care about one way or the other, I did notice that Dez Bryant got injured in practice practically the next day after refusing to accept his hazing and is still not back. I haven't heard too much about the how and why of his injury but perhaps that's what happens to headstrong rookies in the NFL.

icsept

Master
I took the "Friar Tuck" hairdo as mocking Tebow's religious beliefs. Celibacy and chastity are certainly minority views on a football team. I'm waiting for the ACLU to come to Tebow's defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
More evidence that this isa racist "ritual" that only Whites undergo. Every player mentioned is White while the "barber" is black:

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<H1>Bronco vets turn Tebow into Friar Tim</H1>

Associated Press
<DIV id=- =->

DENVER - Tim Tebow was all the buzz Saturday night at the Broncos' practice.

The rookie quarterback stood out not only for his play at practice but for his shaved locks, the top of his head completely sheared to leave a ring of hair that made him look like a monk.

The pranks the veterans will play.

Tebow and the other rookies had their heads decorated with wacky haircuts before the workout and they had to show them off during warm-ups when they couldn't hide under their helmets.

"I think all the rookies had a good time with it," Tebow said. "It was something to give everybody a laugh, something also to build chemistry."

Tebow wasn't the only one to get a bad haircut. Receiver Eric Decker was outfitted with lines carved into his 'do and left guard Zane Beadles sported a reverse mohawk.

Offensive lineman Eric Olsen was able to save his long, flowing dirty blond locks in the back, but he's now bald on top, and tight end Nathan Overbay had half a haircut, his left side sheared and his right side left alone.

Tebow's new look was hard to miss, especially with his thick facial hair. When his image was shown on the big screen at Invesco Field before practice, the crowd broke into laughter.

He said linebacker Wesley Woodyard was the barber responsible for his cut, taking out some of his college frustrations with the razor (Woodyard went to SEC rival Kentucky).

After practice, fans excitedly took pictures of Tebow's bad haircut, which quickly circulated around the Internet. Finally, a team official handed him a baseball cap to hide his bad hair day.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20100809_Bronco_vets_turn_Tebow_into_Friar_Tim.html

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Blacks can get away with anything these days and especially in sports. Just think about how Kerry Collins was treated after he supposedly made a "racist" joke. I'm sure the bruthas make plenty of jokes about white people in the locker room. It's only offensive the other way around though.

white is right

Hall of Famer
GWTJ said:
Without trying to sound like I support these rookie hazing rituals, which I don't really care about one way or the other, I did notice that Dez Bryant got injured in practice practically the next day after refusing to accept his hazing and is still not back. I haven't heard too much about the how and why of his injury but perhaps that's what happens to headstrong rookies in the NFL.
I know in the NHL if a rookie refuses to drop his shield many veterans have taken runs at these guys. Jeremy Roenick talked about getting clipped in the face by veterans at his first training camp. I suspect in football a late hit would be the same thing. But there is no way the possible franchise qb would take a late hit. He might get a hot foot or fire crackers in his locker or something in that realm.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Clearly a racist hazing ritual but since there are no "civil rights" for white people there is nothing that you can do.

I will note however that it is nearly impossible to give a black person a "bad" haircut. What they have on their head only mildly qualifies as "hair" and when it's not completely shaved off it's typically cut in a style so stupid that it would be difficult if not impossible to make it look worse.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Clearly a racist hazing ritual but since there are no "civil rights" for white people there is nothing that you can do.

I will note however that it is nearly impossible to give a black person a "bad" haircut. What they have on their head only mildly qualifies as "hair" and when it's not completely shaved off it's typically cut in a style so stupid that it would be difficult if not impossible to make it look worse.

smiley56.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
i was actually thinking the same thing. i am sure black rookies get something done to them, but it won't be a stupid haircut, that would be pointless and redundant hehe

Bart

Hall of Famer
I wonder if blacks with dreadlocks ever get chosen for the Friar Tuck look from the brothers?Or is that particular humiliation reserved for Whitey only? Edited by: Bart

Tom Iron

Mentor
When Tebow is leading the team in 3-4 yrs., 90% of the bums responsible for this will be gone and forgotten.

Tom Iron...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
When Tebow is leading the team in 3-4 yrs., 90% of the bums responsible for this will be gone and forgotten.

Tom Iron...

...Yep, gone to being broke, OD'ing on crackrock & beatin' down duh "ladies".
smiley8.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
What about OD'ing on that refreshing "Purple Drank". Lol

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tebow is 12 of 13 so far against the Vikings for 167 yards and a 39 yard perfectly thrown TD ball.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, the one ball that wasn't completed didn't hit the ground, it was INT. Nevertheless, it's a good game for Tebow despite the pick and lost fumble.

foobar75

Master
Let's see, Tim Tebow finished with the following line:

12/16, 167 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 rushes, 21 yds, 103 rating

Headline on ESPN homepage as of 11:30 PST: Tebow Shaky In Last Action

It never ends.
smiley5.gif

Kaptain

Master
Shaky? I saw the game and he was terrific. He is a man among boys. The talent is so obvious that it is ridiculous that they think maybe he could be a starter in 3 or 4 years. He can start now.

On the other side of the ball we had Tarvarius Jackson who, if it weren't for Brett Favre, would be starting. Tarvaris was 2 for 8 for 2 yards and an interception. That's stat line has been pretty consistent with his entire preseason and his entire career, yet he would be the unquestioned starter behind Favre.

Kaptain

Master
I don't know if you can find this on replay or not, but some Denver reciever fumbled the ball and a Viking lineman or linebacker tried to return it and was completely stoned and driven back like he was a kitten by Tim Tebow. The homer Viking announcers didn't make a single mention of Tebow on this impressive tackle.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has accounted for four touchdowns (three rushing, one passing) on just 13 offensive touches to lead the NFL in touchdown percentage.

Tom Iron

Mentor
When the lousy coach gets fired at the end of the year, Tebow will get his chance to play the QB position next year.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle Orton has played very well this season, as the DWFs and "experts" were once again surprised that a White QB is better than expected. I think it's to Tebow's benefit to watch and learn this year. And when Tim does take over I hope Orton gets an opportunity to start elsewhere.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I agree with Don that learning the nuances of the pro passing game under a class act like Kyle Orton for a season is probably the best thing for him. Considering the collection of afflete wideouts that are currently playing for the Donks (excepting the rarely used Decker), and the woeful stiffs in the backfield (I still maintain that Jake Sharp could come in cold and outplay any/all of those guys), Orton has been fabulous, and should be a franchise QB for some team, if not the Broncos.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
I agree with Don that learning the nuances of the pro passing game under a class act like Kyle Orton for a season is probably the best thing for him. Considering the collection of afflete wideouts that are currently playing for the Donks (excepting the rarely used Decker), and the woeful stiffs in the backfield (I still maintain that Jake Sharp could come in cold and outplay any/all of those guys), Orton has been fabulous, and should be a franchise QB for some team, if not the Broncos.

Aaron Rodgers and Joe Montana learned the benefits of waiting for their shot behind Hall of Fame playersfirsthand! Not to say Orton is HOF material, but the more time in a system as a young QB can only help.

bigunreal

Mentor
The real question is; why did Denver trade up in the first round to draft a player they have no intention of starting this season, or probably next year, either?

McDaniels had some "plan" for Tebow, whom we are told he "loved." Wasting a first round pick on just a wildcat QB would have been ridiculous enough, but McEminem won't even let him do that (except for a handful of goal line chances).

What a bogus league.