Those Dang black quarterbacks!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I'm certain that Chandler Harnish is on the radar of quite a few NFL teams. He has ideal size, very good mechanics, the mentality of a winner, and that doggone athleticism. I'm sure that he'll get a combine invite and it will go from there. After looking around the general draft sites, assuming he has a good combine, he just might go as high or higher than the "tan everyman" Colin Kaepernick.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ohio QB Tyler Tettleton looked pretty good against Bowling Green last night. He ran 23 times for 128 yards and a TD! He now has 465 yards and 8TDs rushing on the season. Tettleton and Co. will face Harnish and Co. in the MAC title game.

Riddlewire

Master
Leading Rushing QBs in FBS (Updated)

#1 Chandler Harnish
1,203 yards, 10 Touchdowns​
#2 Collin Klein
1,013 yards, 25 Touchdowns​
#5 Taylor Martinez
817 yards, 9 Touchdowns​
#6 Kriss Proctor
817 yards, 12 Touchdowns​
#8 Alex Gillett
669 yards, 3 Touchdowns​
#9 Cody Fajardo
645 yards, 11 Touchdowns​
#10 Trent Steelman
583 yards, 11 Touchdowns​
#12 Ryan Aplin
570 yards, 9 Touchdowns​
#14 Brett Smith
518 yards, 10 Touchdowns​

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
I'm just reposting this from the Caste Matchups thread, since it contains analysis relevant to this topic. Probably should have put it here in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------
Chandler Harnish needed a big passing game today against Eastern Michigan in order to move up in the Total Offense rankings. Unfortunately, EMU was insistent upon playing "keep away" as they ran the ball 48 times and held possession almost eight minutes longer than Northern Illinois. Harnish did manage 148 rushing yards and a touchdown to go along with his 98 passing yards and one touchdown.

That puts him at 203 of 322 (63%) for 2,692 yards, with 23TD and 4INT.
He also has 172 carries for 1,351 yards (7.9avg) on the ground with 11 rushing touchdowns.
This total puts him at 6th in the nation in rushing. Not just among quarterbacks, but among all runners.

With only average performances in the MAC championship and bowl game, Chandler should easily surpass Scum Newton's total offense numbers (2,854passing, 1,473rushing) from last year, thereby giving him the trophy for best ever season by a "Dual Threat" quarterback. Harnish will also have done so in a more efficient manner, as he's already ahead of the pace set by Newton (8.18ypp vs 7.95ypp) in Scumbag's supposed "Greatest of All Time" season.
Since Newton can't win football games in Carolina, but they like the 'type' of player he is, it's clear that they should cut ties with him after this season and draft the player with similar but better skills.
I suppose I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

TebowFan

If Eric Couch from the Big 12, and Matt Jones from the SEC couldn't get drafted as quarterbacks, I have a hard time believing Harnish, from a glorified community college conference, is going to.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If Eric Couch from the Big 12, and Matt Jones from the SEC couldn't get drafted as quarterbacks, I have a hard time believing Harnish, from a glorified community college conference, is going to.

Crouch was a pure option QB in college, Matt Jones was very raw. Harnish plays in a spread option just like SCAM did and the MAC actually has produced some talented QBs. He has a solid mid round grade. I am pretty sure you are a troll so will one of the admins go ahead and ban him please?

Riddlewire

Master
Chandler Harnish finished the season 237 of 384 (62%) for 3,216 yards and 28TD with 6INT.
He carried the ball 194 times for 1,379 yards (7.1avg) with 11TD.

He's the first player in FBS history to throw for over 3,000 yards and run for over 1,000 yards in the same season.

2011 Highlights for Chandler Harnish

Although this isn't every pass he threw this season, Chandler completes more passes to covered receivers in this video than Robert Griffin threw to in his entire career.

He should be among the top three quarterbacks taken in the 2012 draft.

wile

Master
I want a Saint Tony Dungy certified black quarterback to waste years of a football franchises' time. Kordell down lo Stewart the II.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Chandler Harnish finished the season 237 of 384 (62%) for 3,216 yards and 28TD with 6INT.
He carried the ball 194 times for 1,379 yards (7.1avg) with 11TD.

He's the first player in FBS history to throw for over 3,000 yards and run for over 1,000 yards in the same season.

2011 Highlights for Chandler Harnish

Although this isn't every pass he threw this season, Chandler completes more passes to covered receivers in this video than Robert Griffin threw to in his entire career.

He should be among the top three quarterbacks taken in the 2012 draft.

Great information as usual from Riddlewire!

Thanks!