Those Dang black quarterbacks!

Riddlewire

Master
It's a well-known fact that the NFL values speed over all other attributes. It doesn't matter if a guy has any football skill. If he runs fast, they want him. This has always been the case at other positions on the field. But recently, this trend has extended to the quarterback position. NFL teams believe they can take a fleet-footed QB and transform a team into an unstoppable offensive machine. So far this practice hasn't worked out well for them, but they keep pushing it.
Since it's a fact that blacks are universally faster than all whites, this policy will guarantee that black football players will soon make up 100% of the starters at quarterback in the NFL.
So, with that in mind, I thought I'd take a look at some of these speedy black quarterbacks who run all over college defenses, just to see what we're in for in the coming years.

Let's start with the #1 rushing quarterback in college football.
This superb dark-skinned balla has run for 738 yards and 7 touchdowns on the season.
chandlerharnish1.jpg

Chandler Harnish of Northern Illinois

Oh, my mistake. It seems the leading rusher among quarterbacks in college football is white. Oh well, it's just a statistical aberration. Even a white boy can get lucky running the ball in a crappy conference.

Let's move on.
Ah, here's a real stud. This afflete is currently the #3 rusher in the nation at the quarterback position.
He has run for 670 yards and a mind-boggling 14TD this season.
collinklein1.jpg

Collin Klein of Kansas State

Hmmm... That's odd. Klein plays in the Big 12, too. Well, it's obvious that no defense expects him to run, so he keeps surprising them. That's the only way to account for all those yards and touchdowns. Yep, just a fluke.

Ah, but right behind him is a brotha worthy of the legend of Mike Vick. At #4 is...
taylormartinez.jpg

Taylor Martinez of Nebraska

What the heck is going on here? Are you telling me this tight-hipped cracker has rushed for 636 yards and 9 touchdowns on the season?

Surely a proud African-American rounds out the top 5, though. Right?
The numbers say...
krissproctor.jpg

Kriss Proctor of Navy

A freakin' egghead sailor? With 591 yards and 8 touchdowns?
Where are all the dynamic playmaking homeboys from South Florida? Where are the genetically superior speed merchants from Alabama? That's got to be the end of these white running quarterbacks, right?

alexgillett.jpg

Alex Gillett of Eastern Michigan
439 yards 3TD

ryanaplin.jpg

Ryan Aplin of Arkansas State
341 yards 3TD

This is a conspiracy. The whole NCAA is in on it. Just another example of "institutional racism" that our lovely First Lady has spoken of. The spread offense belongs to black quarterbacks. Rivals has clearly confirmed that. There's no way that a bunch of skinny white boys are out-playing and out-running the superior black males that are destined for super stardom as future quarterbacks in the NFL. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Awesome post, Riddlewire! :clap2::thumbsup:

They just can't keep White men down.

icsept

Master
Nice post. It's a sneaky way for coaches to get around the caste system and allow a White man to run with the ball. Just don't line them up at tailback, or the dwfs will throw a fit.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great thread!!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is a great post Riddlewire! Important information that should grace the homepage, if I may say.

Riddlewire

Master
Too much sarcasm for a homepage article.
And stats and rankings change every week. These numbers will be out of date within a couple of days.

Thanks for all the kind words, though, gentlemen.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think it's another sign of all the racism used to keep the black man down!! :wink:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think it's another sign of all the racism used to keep the black man down!! :wink:

No doubt that is the mindset of many guilted Whites and blacks too. To quote Amos Odell, "it rains and you get wet, its because you're a black man."

Riddlewire

Master
I originally intended to ask a simple question with this thread.

Will any of these elite runners be drafted as quarterbacks by NFL teams?

As this season was starting, the media couldn't trip over itself fast enough to churn out an endless series of articles explaining that the NFL game was changing and running quarterbacks would now play a major role in the plans of pro teams. The media assumed all those quarterbacks would be black. Now that we're deep into the season and it has become apparent that white men are more effective runners from the quarterback position (because they also carry the threat of the pass), I'm not hearing a lot of championing of these speedy playmakers. The media's narrative has been busted. It's time to dig deeper into the statistics and redirect the meme. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

G

Griff

I think Denard Robinson's supposed to be #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

dwid

Hall of Famer
I think Denard Robinson's supposed to be #1.
At the time he wrote this Denard had 716 rushing yards 9 tds, Chandler Harnish had 738 and 8 tds, not to mention 1697 yards passing 12 tds to 4 int with 62 percent completion ratio compared to Denard with 1155 passing yards 52 percent completion 11 tds 10 interceptions.

Denard was number 2 when he wrote this, and he mentions that Klein is ranked 3rd in rushing.

G

Griff

At the time he wrote this Denard had 716 rushing yards 9 tds, Chandler Harnish had 738 and 8 tds

Denard was number 2 when he wrote this.

Not to nitpick 'cuz it's not a big deal, but again, he wasn't number 2, he was 1. Denard had 762 yards, not 716.

The reason you guys are wrong is because you're both excluding the 46 yards he gained in the first game.

Riddlewire

Master
It was the NCAA who failed to record those stats. Not me.
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2011&org=418&player=16

And it's completely irrelevant in the context of the thread.

And yes, I'm completely serious. Newton is a poor runner and a terrible passer who had the benefit of a genius offensive coodinator in college (in addition to lots of helpful calls during that season) and a Stat-accumulation system in the NFL. For more information on stat-accumulation, see other posts on this website about Denard Robinson.
Kinne has had three years of constant success playing the role of an actual quarterback, as opposed to a wildcat snap-receiver. Newton was a one-year wonder, aided by a veteran offensive line, a team full of paid ringers, and a conference full of old school defenses that weren't prepared to defend Malzahn-ball. If he had come back this season, Auburn would be no better than .500. In the NFL, without all those built-in advantages, we have seen that Newton is nothing more than yet another affirmative action athlete who's playing out of position and can't win a ballgame except against cellar dwellers.

Furthermore, I can tell within three posts that you don't belong here. I recommend you visit this site to find those who agree with your sentiments.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It definitely is so ironic that White guys in schools that are quite competitive aren't taken seriously at the next level even if they excel in college, where as Blacks at similar (or even the exact same) schools with similar athletic credentials (and just as often, INFERIOR credentials) are fawned over on draft day. Predictably the White guys are passed over and forgotten or relegated to the cellar of the depth chart, while the Blacks are given starting positions they generally suck at, but no one in the media has the guts to say so.

Case in point, Toby Gerhart, the finest college runningback in the nation.

More than two years into his "pro" career, and how many times has he actually been allowed to touch the ball?

Exactly.

Meanwhile, criminal, no-talent losers like Reggie Bush are given chance after chance after chance, and they still suck, big time.

Riddlewire

Master
UPDATE and corrections.

It seems the NCAA's official website is incredibly unreliable. They don't have the wrong numbers, but they routinely leave players off the lists for no apparent reason. Due to their flaws, my original post was incorrect.
As it turns out, there was yet another white running quarterback in the top ten. In sixth place, right behind Proctor of Navy was Trent Steelman of Army (I should have known to look for him). At the time, Steelman had 576 yards rushing and 11 Touchdowns. These numbers would move Gillett and Aplin down to #9 and #13, respectively. BUT, there was another white QB in the top 15 who was also left off the NCAA's stats page. Cody Fajardo of Nevada, before last weekend's games, had 384 yards rushing and 6 Touchdowns. That would put him in the new #12 spot and move Ryan Aplin down to #14.

So, this is what the original post should have looked like:

LEADING RUSHING QBs in FBS
1 Chandler Harnish, No. Ill, 738 8td
3 Collin Klein, KSU, 670yds 14TD
4 Taylor Martinez, Neb, 636yds 9TD
5 Kriss Proctor, Navy, 591yds 8TD
6 Trent Steelman, Army, 576yds 11TD
9 Alex Gillett, EMU, 439yds 3TD
12 Cody Fajardo, Nev, 384yds 6TD
14 Ryan Aplin, ASU, 341yds 3TD

Before I continue, I'd like to point out a very important issue. The troll who showed up here calling himself "griff" was WRONG. Denard was NOT #1. Those extra 46 yards he referenced weren't included in the stat list by the NCAA for a very good reason. That game against Western Michigan was called before the 3rd quarter ended because of weather. Both sides agreed to a final verdict. By rule, none of the statistics for that game count. That's why the NCAA doesn't give Denard credit for those yards. And that's the official record. Moving on...

There will be some drops this week, due to scheduling and injuries. Here are the updates for this past weekend:
Chandler Harnish: DNP, Their game is tonight versus Toledo
Collin Klein: 92yds rushing 2TD
Taylor Martinez: 23yds rushing 0TD
Kriss Proctor: DNP, dislocated elbow
Trent Steelman: DNP, high ankle sprain
Alex Gillett: DNP, bye week
Cody Fajardo: 60yds rushing 4TD
Ryan Aplin: 69yds rushing 0TD

The current standings, therefore are:

2 Collin Klein, KSU, 762yds 16td
3 Chandler Harnish, No. Ill, 738yds 8td
4 Taylor Martinez, Neb, 659yds 9td
6 Kriss Proctor, Navy, 591yds 8td
7Trent Steelman, Army, 576yds 11TD
11Cody Fajardo, Nev, 444yds 10td
12 Alex Gillett, EMU, 439yds 3td
13 Ryan Aplin, ASU, 410yds 3td

Everyone check out Harnish tonight if you're able. Although Toledo is a very tough team. Probably the best the MAC has seen in many years.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice post, Riddlewire! I've seen problems with the NCAA's web stats as well. Any way our enemies try to spin it, they cannot deny that White QBs are often among the best runners in the country.

backrow

Hall of Famer
nice thread riddle! just when i thought you're all about doom and gloom type of posts :biggrin:

Riddlewire

Master
Everyone check out Harnish tonight if you're able. Although Toledo is a very tough team. Probably the best the MAC has seen in many years.

Hey, don't say you weren't warned. :biggrin:

Chandler Harnish: 17 of 26 for 265 yards, 6TD
16 carries, 133 yards rushing

With 871 yards rushing, Harnish moves back into first place among running quarterbacks in FBS.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The proliferation of white QBs putting up great numbers rushing is a welcome development in the college football landscape IMO. I really did not anticipate this at all to be honest. Hopefully it is the start of a trend moving forward.

icsept

Master
The proliferation of white QBs putting up great numbers rushing is a welcome development in the college football landscape IMO. I really did not anticipate this at all to be honest. Hopefully it is the start of a trend moving forward.

I bet it's been that way for many years. Since Whites are shut out of the tailback position, a lot of the good runners have to play QB. It was a good idea for a thread to keep track this year.

Highlander

Mentor
Chandler Harnish goes over 1000 yards rushing for the year with 17 rushes for 151 yards and 1 TD and 16/26 for 294 yards passing with 2 TDs 0 INT as NIU beats Bowling Green tonight.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I just got back from the hotel lounge where this game was on, and Harnish was amazing to watch. I was busy having football conversations with a couple of completely "unaware" DWF's. It was a somewhat successful evening, as I was able to point out to these guys (Houston Texas fans) that the defense is what it is due to a bunch of pasty-faced defenders. Back to Harnish, after watching him, all agreed that he's going to be a mid-late round steal for somebody.

Highlander

Mentor
Harnish is a man amongst boys. I didn't know he was 6'2", 221lbs. He must have 4.5 speed as well from what I see. And he is not all legs either, with almost 8000 yards passing in his college career with a 62.1 completion rate. Of course, they'll say "well, he played in the MAC".

I'm glad he's getting some exposure now, even if it's late in his college career. In a fair world, he'd be at least a mid-round pick considering his measurables and what he's accomplished.

Highlander

Mentor
There he goes again. That god-darn black quarterback Chandler Harnish. Who in the hell does he think he is putting up passing numbers tonight like 26/37 for 333 yards with 2TD and 0INT and rushing the ball 30 times for 193 yards with another TD for a total of 526 yards?

He now has 1251 yards rushing and 2589 yards passing for the year giving him a total of 3840 yards. He has accounted for 32 TDs this season as well.

I bet White players wish they could put up these kind of numbers. Oh well, it's the season of black quarterbacks they say. Truly a different era in college football.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It seems Chandler Harnish will finish with very similar numbers, both passing and rushing to Colin Kaepernick last year. They also both compete in non-BCS conferences. Kaepernick went in the 2nd round. Is there even a chance in hell Harnish will get drafted in the 3rd or 4th?