The NFL: Is it hopeless for white men?

Europe

Mentor
forty-four said:
Another big problem is the lack of whites playing football period. The pool is shrinking. Isee them playing soccer, lacrosse, rugby - just about anything but football. The future Leonard & Hillis are playing other sports.
smiley18.gif
I don't know if you like those sports, but maybe whites should support those sports instead of football. Then the NFL will wither away.

forty-four

Guru
I don't like those sports much. I grew up old school = football, basketball & baseball. I see a lot of white parents steering their children to perceived to be "white" sports. They have their various reasons. Some, however, have swallowed the idea that their kids can't compete against blacks. I'd like to see a white resurgence in the the "black" sports but the trend is going in the wrong direction and the deck is stacked against us. Our chances diminish even more when white talent is pushed into skateboarding, extreme sports, lacrosse, etc.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Gentlemen, things are already changing. In Vancouver, Canada, the NBA tried to expand with a franchise (I think they were called the Grizzlies)but the city did not like the essentially all black lineup and the team was sent packing after only a few years. In Toronto, the Raptors' all black team was a no-draw at the gate and had to be supported by the all white hockey team, the Maple Leafs, with whom they share a building. The team got a new GM and he started bringing in white players and voila! Now the team draws. Again in Toronto, the professional soccer team, Toronto FC, has bigger attendence than the MLB Toronto Blue Jays even though the Blue Jays are mostly white.

What boxing promoter in his right mind would put up an all black card? They don't and expect to make much money. White fighters draw and whites pay to see them. The UFC draws 16,000+ on a regular basis, how many boxing venues can brag of that?

Price and likeness have a lot to do with selling tickets and getting either pay-per-views or live television audience. Blacks want to watch blacks, Orientals want to see themselves, Latinos want to see themselves, and mostly whites want to watch whites as well. Many of those people that we call Dumb White Fans are at the stadiums or watching on TV to see how their whites are doing against the blacks. Last season the most viewed NFL football matches were with the Indianapolis Colts or the New England Patriots. Both of those teams drew playoff-like television ratings (13-15) at their best of times. Why? Because those teams were the whitest teams or perceived as so. What teams had the worst television ratings? Yes, you guessed it, teams like the Jacksonville Jaguars (4-5 on some weekends!).

Inspite of years of brainwashing and hype, whites collectively still prefer to watch their own kind. The NFL does not have some kind of thousand year reign locked up as king of all sports. The NFL is not immune from change. The subliminal slogan: "black people are cool you should watch them and love them" is, and will continue to wear thin.

I do agree with Europe above though, whites are turning away from sports with heavy black participation and playing sports like rugby, lacrosse, hockey, and soccer especially. Mothers and fathers do not want their children associating with blacks for fear of bad influences. It will take time but the seeds to the decline in U.S. football are already being planted. How can any company reject their majority and best customers and thrive? Without any doubt the NFL rejects white men both implicitly and explicitly. So ask yourselves the question: how long will white men continue to be their best customers? Have you seen a good boxing match lately?

StarWars

Mentor
Good post. I know I'm about to answer a rhetorical question but I cannot wait for Haye vs. Klitschko. I wish I had front row seats to watch "boxing die" slowly and painfully. Very, very painfully.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I don't like watching the modern NFL because, like lots of sports, it's just like a fashion magazine -- all artifice and hardly anything really important or worthwhile going on.

Wussy-boy players, eye-candy moronic female interviewers, idiots on commentary and on the pre/post game shows, blatant anti-white bias, ad nauseum.

Last season, on a post-game wrap-up to some game I can't even remember, I caught a sound-byte while flipping through channels. It was Howie Long, and he said something like, "well Terry, Steve, I'm telling you he's not the sexy choice, but --"

"SEXY" choice?

What the... ???? Did I hear him correctly?

After that, I never tuned in again.

green fire317

Banned
hopefully the nfl can get a foothold in europe. maybe some whites will come over and outplay the overrated blacks, kind of like what has happened in the nba. I would love to see some slavic guys put on the offensive and defensive lines. They are so strong over there. you would no longer see the andre smiths of the world who can only put up 19 reps at the combine. you would also get some good white skill players as well.

forty-four

Guru
green fire317,

I've wonedered about that scenario too. Anyone have any idea about the prevelance of American football in Europe?

Europe

Mentor
forty-four said:
green fire317,

I've wonedered about that scenario too. Anyone have any idea about the prevelance of American football in Europe?

The NFL europe didn't last. I don't think it will ever be big there. They are talking about having the Super Bowl in London. More globilization nonsense.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Well they were talking about starting it up again. They want to promote american football in Europe, mainly England. They were talking about it on the radio today, whether they should focus more on NFL teams here playing over there or just restarting NFL Europe. It was big in places like Germany. They have people over there wo love american football. Same with Austrians. Same with Ireland, they like american football too.

I think they should just restart nfl europe. If some of those players in the amateur european leagues had adequate coaching they would make great football players. There was a lineman posting on Chris Cooley's blog about football in Austria. About how they were very tough and had love for the game, they played it even though soccer players get more respect. He said they were talented but raw when it came to playing, which makes sense, they dont have the same type of coaching and such over there.Edited by: dwid

foreverfree

Mentor
dwid said:
Well they were talking about starting it up again. They want to promote american football in Europe, mainly England. They were talking about it on the radio today, whether they should focus more on NFL teams here playing over there or just restarting NFL Europe.

Who's "they"?

John

dwid

Hall of Famer
local radio show, they were mentioning something to do with goodell , so not sure if it was his idea personally, if he threw it out there, or just the radio's idea. but they were asking callers which they though would be a better idea, having a league in Europe or playing more games over there. I dont have an antennae so the radio show gets alot of static sometimes. so no clue who of who "they" are. I hope it is goodell's idea

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I honestly think more Europeans (and Canadians too from my experience) would be more willing to question the racial dynamics of the NFL being "legit". I would bet lots more Europeans, (maybe excluding the French), wonder why not a single white man can carry the ball in the NFL when guys like Ron Dayne, Lendale White and Le'ron McClain (4.88 40 time) etc. etc. can.
smiley5.gif

Most people were smart enough to realize Hillis performed very well (at 250 lbs with a 4.58 40)- if they weren't blind. So why can't a quicker, faster more agile guy like Jake Sharp, Sam McGuffie, Brandon Wegher or Rex Burkhead etc. do just as well with a different style? Why can't Toby Gerhart be a bit faster version of Peyton Hillis?

Eyes have to be opened in America first to grow the sport in Europe and hopefully eventually bring in some Euro players.
smiley32.gif

Europe

Mentor
It will never work in Europe. But if it does, they should have Europeans playing over there.Not Americans or Africans. The Europeans shouldn't be playing over here. There is too much globilization. If you don't have a league, then you can't play. I am sick of all the Dominicans etc is baseball and all of the Brazilians in soccer. I am pretty much giving up on sports. I'll watch a relative, but that's it.

qj

Guru
Good for you to cancel the Sunday Ticket. Folks, lets stop participating in this grand farce and starve them of funding. Same is true for the major media. If a writer gives the party line, cancel your subscription. The trend shows they are going to morph the NFL into another NBA, and then the NFL is going to go down the tubes too. Do you really think the NFL as a carbon copy of the NBA is going to last another generation? I don't think so, because (in my opinion) lots of the young guys (and gals) out there are looking at the pro NFL/NBA game and not seeing any role models, just uncouth, overpaid idiots who cannot even play the game very well, although they do have the correct skin color.