The NFL: Is it hopeless for white men?

StarWars

Mentor
NorCal831 said:
brown fetish? lol there are only like 5 Hispanic guys in the league. 

Blacks and whites are really the only races here. Latinos are usually white or black (for example Mexican isnt a race). I think they were referring to the plot to separate white accomplishments from white people and attribute them to this mythic Mexican race or Cuban race. By brown fettish I imagine they meant black people, a caste system nobody sane can ignore.

whiteCB

Master
Beach goer said:
New on here and it's great to see a place where people can discuss the obvious bias.Could there be a sort of acronym key?

The one acroym you'll see written the most is DWF. This stands for Drunk White Fan(s).

61 out of 256.......thats just awful...its worse then awful, i dont think theres even a word for it! does anyone have some kinda list of the players who got snubbed? i guarantee there are plenty of really good white players on it.

green fire317

Banned
yeah but i think next year will be a little better. especially with all the white wide recievers coming out.

StarWars

Mentor
green fire317 said:
yeah but i think next year will be a little better. especially with all the white wide recievers coming out.

All that means is that the caste loers will work harder.
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
green fire317 said:

All that means is that the caste loers will work harder.
smiley2.gif

Next year will be a much better year for white receivers. However we can't be happy with that. We need to have a consistent amount of white recievers drafted every year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Next year will be worse than this one.

I know its tough to be optimistic at times, but come on!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Just with Decker, Shipley, Meier, McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Sharp and Gernhart its already better than this year for exciting players.Edited by: Freethinker

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I'm not saying that there are not great white players due to come out next season, it's just that the system is getting more discriminatory toward them.

I hope there are more white skill players in the NFL, I just do not believe the powers that be will allow this.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If they begin to perform outright brilliantly on the field, I see McGuffie or Sharp making it through. What could the NFL use against them when they have FREAKISH production/game film "AND" measurables. Could these guys sue if they are snubbed?

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
If they begin to perform outright brilliantly on the field, I see McGuffie or Sharp making it through. What could the NFL use against them when they have FREAKISH production/game film "AND" measurables. Could these guys sue if they are snubbed?

Ask Matt Jones.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
To sue the NFL would take a great deal of legal funds. The NFL would try to appeal all the way to the Supreme Court. In the case of McGuffie and Sharp- if they break out with freakish statistics- they would have a great deal of evidence on their side though if they are snubbed. They certainly have FREAKISH 40 times and agility.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I think all of you are taking a wrong tack. The NFL will get better eventually but not in the way you may expect. No, the NFL is not slowly going to start to allow white players to play football again in some slow re-integrating way.

As the TV networks start to receive less revenue from advertising -and that eventually will happen- they will in turn pay less for NFL broadcast rights. Additionally, as viewership continues to decline the networks will be forced to compensate their advertisers with lower rates. Lower rates to advertisers means the NFL must accept lower fees for broadcast rights. Further, these stadiums cannot continue to fill forever with the prices they are charging for tickets. Small market teams like Buffalo are already noticing revenues slip.

As revenues fall, the NFL is going to be forced to re-think itself and work harder to either retain fans or win new ones. The overwhelming majority of paying customers in the United States are white. The NFL is going to have to change its look in order to sustain itself or see new growth. MMA is white and MMA is growing; the NBA learned their lesson and has been much more accomodating and has sought out more and more whites; boxing has been rejuvenated in Europe because of the enormous increase in white participation.

The NFL is not immune from failure. All black organizations almost always fail. The NFL needs whites to sustain itself. Eventually they will be forced to change.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Maple Leaf,

Good post sir,

I'll add that in the the nfl is trying a smoke and mirrors routine with the black players, they're always just holding the line. There's always going to be that coach who wants an edge and is going to let a White guy play. Then of course, another one will do it too.

The fly in the ointment will be what is never said. That is that once Whites start getting a shot in any significant numbers, the blacks will lay down or outright mutiny.

The nfl is well aware of the situation they're in with blacks. So they'll try to defuse it the best way they can without having trouble, but trouble may find them anyway.

Once again Maple Leaf, you're absolutely correct. It is always about money.

Tom Iron...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That is a very good post Toronto, I hope your scenario starts to take more of an effect in the coming years. It has already started, like you said. I also agree with Iron, the NFL knows about the troubles their affletes have, so they keep trying to cover it up.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Even though it is predominatly black football is still very popular in America. The average DWF doesn't see things as we do or understand what is going on. We all know that 95 percent of the fans in the stands of these games are DWF's.

Trying to explain something to a DWF is a no win situation. They will only call you racist and never listen to your point of view. I sure hope what you guys say is true however. If the NFL will not allow even one white guy to run the ball maybe I just won't watch it anymore.Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Greenfire, I think we can almost say for certain that Leonard and Hillis will get screwed. Very few whites, no matter how talented, will get the opportunity of say Ed MCcaffrey. Even Travis Jervey got screwed and he was probably the most athletic player in the NFL.

forty-four

Guru
Another big problem is the lack of whites playing football period. The pool is shrinking. Isee them playing soccer, lacrosse, rugby - just about anything but football. The future Leonard & Hillis are playing other sports.
smiley18.gif