Super Bowl: Tragedy in Arizona

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
GWTJ said:
Shockey always seems to be on the injury list. He drops too many balls and is only in the top ten because so few teams rely on their TE to catch a lot of passes. After the Giants, Colts, Redskins, Cowboys, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Browns and maybe the Eagles, its tough to find a tight end that gets a lot of looks.

Atlanta used Crumpler when Vick was there because he was so pitifully bad at throwing to his WR's but now that Vick is gone Crumplers production is way down.

Being 8th puts Shockey at the bottom of the list of pass catching TE's.

Seems like a Catch-22. Maybe if other teams had a better TE, they might throw the ball to the TE more often.

Looking at his career stats, he seems to miss about one game per season. On the other hand, he hasn't fumbled the ball once in the last three seasons. I tried to find some stats on actual number of dropped passes per attempts for Shockey but was only able to find some articles complaining about it, which isn't all that surprising. I'd like to see the actual numbers. If you have a source for your assertion, please post it.

GWTJ

Mentor
WS, it's just my opinion. Let's say he dropped 8 passes this past season. Some might say that's too many, others might say it's about average and some might say he's doing great. All I can tell you is that it's something I noticed. Probably because he dropped enough balls for it to become noticable. I also noticed that he drops balls in the end zone as well.

I'm no expert on offensive game plans, but I doubt that there is a shortage of TE's who can catch the ball. Most teams just don't game plan their TE for a lot of catches. A few teams seem to historically use their TE. Denver is one example.

I honestly have no problem with Shockey's on field personality. I like his heart. But his performance week in and week out needs to be more consistent, in my opinion.

If Shockey were black he'd be an overrated player we'd find mildly irritating, not a criminal but dumb and me first.

It's no coincidence that Eli has suddenly become good without Barber and Shockey on the team.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Being 8th puts Shockey at the bottom of the list of pass catching TE's."

Well said. That has always been my feeling about him. I'll continue to support him, because he is a very athletic white man playing in the super-discriminating caste NFL...but I wish he would actually put up consistantly great performances, rather than 2 catches for 35 yards every week with an occasional TD. Also, as was mentioned before, he's always hurt (or playing hurt), which gets annoying after 5 seasons. I know it's not his fault.

I desperately want Shockey to succeed because, for whatever reason, the drunk white fans and media actually noticed how good he was in his younger years and continue to rank him among the top TE's (which I dont totally agree with). I hope he rebounds next year with either another team, or in dual TE sets with Kevin Boss.

I think of Shockey as one of the incredibly few number of times that the caste system can work BOTH ways.Edited by: Thrashen

Matra1

Mentor
What a truly ungracious post-Super Bowl display by the Giants both in the press conferences and Michael Strahan today after the parade jumping up and down on the stage insulting their opponents. I cannot imagine such a gloating, insulting, classless display by hockey players or European athletes. (South Americans are another story). Yet, Belichick is the one being accused of having no class!

johnnyboy

Guru
Matra1 said:
What a truly ungracious post-Super Bowl display by the Giants both in the press conferences and Michael Strahan today after the parade jumping up and down on the stage insulting their opponents. I cannot imagine such a gloating, insulting, classless display by hockey players or European athletes. (South Americans are another story). Yet, Belichick is the one being accused of having no class!

its called karma. maybe they'll think twice about mocking shawn merrian's celebration and being ungraciousthe next time they beat the chargers.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Shockey has been one of the best TE's in the league the last few years. He has been a dependable performer, a regular pro-bowl guy for a while, and one of the leaders at his position. He's a TE which means he blocks as well as catches passes.

This is not to mention that he is about the only white American athlete who is outspoken and aggressive. To hear him down graded on this site is very depressing. It's the same crap I see everywhere else on other boards, the media can't stand him because he's not humble and quiet, the pro-caste fans have been brainwashed to dislike him for that and it appears the training has worked on people here too. Sad.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shockey is a bad axe who doesn't take crap from anybody. Like jaxvid said, he's one of the best. I have seen tons of black TEs drop more passes than Shockey over the last few years. Shockey is a true warrior and for thatI will root for him. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bart

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Shockey is a bad axe who doesn't take crap from anybody. Like jaxvid said, he's one of the best. I have seen tons of black TEs drop more passes than Shockey over the last few years. Shockey is a true warrior and for thatI will root for him.

I would like to see Shockey lay out Merriman, knocking him out cold, and leaving him unconscious on the field.Then, Jeremy could spaz out, mimickingShawne's classy - 'Lights Out Dance." What goes around...comes around.Edited by: Bart

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jaxvid said:
Shockey has been one of the best TE's in the league the last few years. He has been a dependable performer, a regular pro-bowl guy for a while, and one of the leaders at his position. He's a TE which means he blocks as well as catches passes.

This is not to mention that he is about the only white American athlete who is outspoken and aggressive. To hear him down graded on this site is very depressing. It's the same crap I see everywhere else on other boards, the media can't stand him because he's not humble and quiet, the pro-caste fans have been brainwashed to dislike him for that and it appears the training has worked on people here too. Sad.

I don't see the"training" at play here at all. Several posters agree that a change of scenery for Shockey might be in his best interests, which would allow him to start for another team while a young white talent takes his place in New York, thus giving the NFL another white starting tight end.

Being objective about white athletes is one of the ways we are different than the others out there. A lot of people here post negatively about Brett Favre for example, and I disagree with them, but I consider their point of view because I know that they're pro-white and root for white athletes.

Shockey is not beyond being critiqued because he is "outspoken and aggressive." The reality is he's had more than 670 yards receiving just once in the last five seasons, hardly the career many thought he would have. He appears to have slowed some and lost his big play ability, and he's injured a lot. He has yet to play a full season, and while he hasn't missed many games either, he's often sufficiently banged up to the point that it limits his effectiveness. And since we so often point out the hands of stone of so many blacks,it's onlyfair tomention that Shockey has below average hands for a tight end.

As for his attitude, it's an acquired taste. He seems to me like an immature wild man. If there's any intent behind his aggressiveness and outspokenness, such as standing up to the Caste System or helping his fellow white football players get more opportunities, I haven't discerned it. I'll take the comportment of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Wes Welker and many other white football players who arejust astough if nottougherin their own way, over Shockey.

It's too bad Shockey didn't have a season like Jason Witten did in 2007. But the odds are now that he never will, and given his talent there's nothing wrong with discussing where he is at this point in his career. I like him and root for him, butnone of us should puton the blinders for him or any other white athlete.

Edited by: Don Wassall

johnnyboy

Guru
Don Wassall said:
jaxvid said:

I don't see the"training" at play here at all. Several posters agree that a change of scenery for Shockey might be in his best interests, which would allow him to start for another team while a young white talent takes his place in New York, thus giving the NFL another white starting tight end.

Being objective about white athletes is one of the ways we are different than the others out there. A lot of people here post negatively about Brett Favre for example, and I disagree with them, but I consider their point of view because I know that they're pro-white and root for white athletes.

Shockey is not beyond being critiqued because he is "outspoken and aggressive." The reality is he's had more than 670 yards receiving just once in the last five seasons, hardly the career many thought he would have. He appears to have slowed some and lost his big play ability, and he's injured a lot. He has yet to play a full season, and while he hasn't missed many games either, he's often sufficiently banged up to the point that it limits his effectiveness. And since we so often point out the hands of stone of so many blacks,it's onlyfair tomention that Shockey has below average hands for a tight end.

As for his attitude, it's an acquired taste. He seems to me like an immature wild man. If there's any intent behind his aggressiveness and outspokenness, such as standing up to the Caste System or helping his fellow white football players get more opportunities, I haven't discerned it. I'll take the comportment of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Wes Welker and many other white football players who arejust astough if nottougherin their own way, over Shockey.

It's too bad Shockey didn't have a season like Jason Witten did in 2007. But the odds are now that he never will, and given his talent there's nothing wrong with discussing where he is at this point in his career. I like him and root for him, butnone of us should puton the blinders for him or any other white athlete.

well said.....although i still like shockey bci think he's fun to watch.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Shockey is the more talented TE for me in the NFL..yes, more talented than Witten..the only thing in Shockey who are not elite , is his hands, but hey, his hands are better than the ''normal'' black receiver or black TE..

Shockey need to get out of there

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"its called karma. maybe they'll think twice about mocking shawn merrian's celebration and being ungracious the next time they beat the chargers."

Um, I trust you were being sarcastic? I love how you're trying to say that the entire Pats team mocked that steroid-pumping thug...when in fact, the only Pats players who even mocked Merriman's foolish and typical "celebration dance" was about 3 black defensive players on the Pats.

By the way, it's interesting that Merriman has played awesomely average this season WITHOUT his precious steriods....must be a coincidence.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Merriman is the NFL (and media's) newest Joey Porter, acamera-hogging clown whose big plays arehyped and replayed over and over while his many bad plays and lack of consistency are overlooked, e.g. just 68 total tackles for '07, a career high. The NFL and the Caste Media have thesecaricatures at every position, not just quarterback. From Warren Sapp toIsaac Bruceto Larry Allen to Sam Adams to Steve McNair to Porter and Merriman and endless others, there's no shortage of venerated Caste System central casting iconsfor them toconstantly swoon over.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
"its called karma. maybe they'll think twice about mocking shawn merrian's celebration and being ungracious the next time they beat the chargers."

Um, I trust you were being sarcastic? I love how you're trying to say that the entire Pats team mocked that steroid-pumping thug...when in fact, the only Pats players who even mocked Merriman's foolish and typical "celebration dance" was about 3 black defensive players on the Pats.

By the way, it's interesting that Merriman has played awesomely average this season WITHOUT his precious steriods....must be a coincidence.
You would think with the bodybuilding scene in Southern California somebody could hook a brother up.......
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

Merriman proves most of all that the bookends of Luis Castillo and Igor olshansky, along with Jamal Williams in the middle, MAKE that defense work. I haven't looked at their stats, but all three seem to have their name called more than the typical 3-4 D-line players.

As for Shockey, he's got talent(altho IMO, he's not top five, but a top ten; he's most like Kellen Winslow II). I don't even mind him being brash or outspoken. I just think he's an *******.

I'd rate the top 10 TEs as

Witten
Gates
Cooley
Dallas Clark
Heap
Gonzalez
Owen Daniels
Shockey
Scheffler(IMO, probably the most athletically talented TE in the league, despite Olsen's better times)
Winslow

This takes into account their blocking as well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
article about Shockey by SN.com. they also seem to think that Bucs would be a good fit, along with Bills, Titans and Jets.

James

Thrashen said:

Actually Merriman had 68 tackles this year compared with 62 last year and 57 in his rookie year. This year he had 54 solo tackles compared with 48 a year ago and 43 in 2005.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
68 tackles
smiley36.gif
Yeah, I know I posted that number above. Do you consider that an outstanding number of tackles for a season by an outside linebacker?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
68 tackles
smiley36.gif
Yeah, I know I posted that number above. Do you consider that an outstanding number of tackles for a season by an outside linebacker?

A year ago, Zach Thomas had 165 tackles, and Urlacher was credited with 145, to put things in perspective.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Don Wassall said:
68 tackles
smiley36.gif
  Yeah, I know I posted that number above.  Do you consider that an outstanding number of tackles for a season by an outside linebacker?

A year ago, Zach Thomas had 165 tackles, and Urlacher was credited with 145, to put things in perspective.

And they don't have loose hips either! What non-stop motors those guys must have.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Yeah really, 68 tackles is embarressing for a guy who never steps out of the game on defense. Aaron Kampman (a DE) had more than that by week 8!
smiley36.gif

I can't believe the media's love for a convicted steroid offender. If Merriman were white, he'd be labeled a bigtime bust (and a cheater) after his "great" rookie season. Then again, he's about as dark as your average white person. He may have had a white parent...OR TWO?
smiley36.gif

Merriman has been in at least 4 TV commercials in the past 6 months (Nike and Gatorade, I think, both super-caste-loving companies). Each of which portrays him as some kind of "super-human afflete," jumping over the OL to make bone-crushing tackles. When in reality, he's done nothing of the sort outside of his rookie season (that season it was 100% proven that he was taking steroids).

As far as young black LB's go (not that I care), Merriman is WAY down on the list. Personally, I think Demico Ryans on the Texans is a good young player, who even lead the league in tackles last season and almost this season. I see Merriman as a Lavar Arrington type...one decent fluke-season, then SUCK the rest of your career. There's absolutely no defending this bum, so I'm not sure why a select few here are trying?

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, i owuldn't say he outright sucks, he is just WAY overrated and WAY overhyped.

James

The top ten in tackles for last season:

1. <LI>Patrick Willis San Francisco: 174</LI>
    <LI>DJ Williams Denver: 141</LI>
    <LI>Jonathan Beason Carolina: 140</LI>
    <LI>Ernie Sims Detriot: 134</LI>
    <LI>Nick Barnett Green Bay: 131</LI>
    <LI>London Fletcher Washington: 128</LI>
    <LI>DeMeco Ryans Houston: 128</LI>
    <LI>David Harris NY Jets: 127</LI>
    <LI>Angelo Crowell Buffalo 126</LI>
    <LI>Brian Urlacher Chicago: 123</LI>