Sumo Watch

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
CDB15, alotta sumos indeed. I'd say OSU OT Russell Okung isn't one (at 6'6 300). We'll see if he balloons up at the next level.Some of the "afflete" lineman come into the NFL in decent shape, then sumo-up in the pros.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Sooners' Trent Williams is a total, slow-footed, BUM! He's going to get his NFL QB crippled... let's hope it's a black quarterback!

PITTs (Panthers) Pinkston, who may not be in this year's draft, is way overrated as well.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Trent Williams has already seriously hurt Heisman QB Sam Bradford once, who's to think he won't hurt whoever he's protecting in the pros.

Two more overrated bums are LSU's Joseph Barksdale and Ciron Black.Edited by: Jack Lambert

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
YOzell Adams is extremely overrated & very dirty, whereas Harvey Dahl is just a tough, hardnose OL (his dad was a rodeo cowboy).

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I was reading the chat on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today, and check out this snippet between writer Ed Bouchette and a reader:

HoosierSteelerFan: Ed, any word on whether Tomlin stepped in and told Arians to run the ball more? It was good to see the ground game grinding out yards as well as the pass game.

Ed Bouchette: If he did, it appears Bruce violated those orders vs. Green Bay. Hey, this league is not set up anymore for you to have a run-dominant team and win. You have to pass. The rules say so, and even the officials say so.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09356/1022853-66.stm

It sure seems like the NFL is becoming a pass-crazy league. If this is so and continues in the next decade, wouldn't it make sense to have more offensive linemen who are are in the 275-300 lb. range and are agile, instead of the bloated 300-350+ pound black sumos that we've seen for so much of the past decade or more?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It's always been better to have the smaller, lighter, athletic, strong O-linemen. The Donkeys dominated the running game for years with that approach, and Elway always had lots of time to throw as well. Even the reknowned "Hogs" of the early '80's in Washington weren't all sumos, but mostly quick, athletic (albeit big) guys. Why the big sumo "type" became vogue is beyond me.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
It's always been better to have the smaller, lighter, athletic, strong O-linemen. The Donkeys dominated the running game for years with that approach, and Elway always had lots of time to throw as well. Even the reknowned "Hogs" of the early '80's in Washington weren't all sumos, but mostly quick, athletic (albeit big) guys. Why the big sumo "type" became vogue is beyond me.

I couldn't agree more with you! Rarely do you see white o-linemen at any level who truly are sumos. Another good example of a team who puts an athletic(mostly white )o-line to use is the Denver Broncos. They incorporate a zone blocking system and use their speed and power to make holes for the rbs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Look at the game last night between BYU and Oregon State. The fast, athletic, white D (and O) linemen of the Cougars dominated. When they would show the BYU defensive line, I noticed that they were all "Y"-shaped, fit, strong, quick, players, rather than the gigantic mid-section sumos that we are so accustomed to seeing. And they absolutely ruled the line of scrimmage, and could run sideline-to-sideline. Name an NFL team with these qualities.

narc

One attribute about the white lineman compared to the black ones is the extraordinary strength the white lineman are endowed with. Many black lineman like andre smith can't even do 20 reps on the 225 ib bench press whereas white lineman routinely exceeds 30 reps and at times over 40 reps as well.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Narc, good points & welcome to Caste Football. Whites have demonstrated their power/strength advantage by dominating in powerlifting & the World's Strongest Man (WSM) competition for years!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I see that Todd McGay's mock draft has 3 (OL) sumos going in the top ten, including Trent Williams to Buffalo at #9...

Yeah, that would "help" Buffalo just like Jason Smith (top 3 pick) has "helped" the 1-15 St. Louis Scams!

Adam Ulatoski is clearly "better" than Trent Williams, and they happened to play in the same conference.. Who's in better shape and why is one annointed and the other is not?

white is right

Hall of Famer
God please no!!!
smiley36.gif
The Bills are becoming the Bungles north. This century the Bills haven't had one first rounder truly pan out. Among the linemen Erik Flowers was basically called a fruit cake by the Bills former D line coach who later became a radio personality and Mike Williams was a total bust for a 3 or 4 pick. Edited by: white is right

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Incoming sumo Terrance Cody weighed in at an unheard of weight of 370lbs at the Senior Bowl!! That can not be healthy...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Incoming sumo Terrance Cody weighed in at an unheard of weight of 370lbs at the Senior Bowl!! That can not be healthy...

Vastly overrated Terrance "Bloaty" is a world class Disgusting Fat Body (DFB) and a grade-A sumo!

narc

The physique of Terrence Cody is just atrocious. I will b surprised if he can bench 225 over 25 reps. You will find alot of these 350 pound black lineman with no weight room strength. This year I bet you will have a white lineman dominate the bench press at the combine. Of course if you ask the average joe blow on the street he would think blacks dominate the bench press but as we all know that is far from the truth. I expect mitch petrus (who is white) to dominate the bench press with 40 reps.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
narc said:
The physique of Terrence Cody is just atrocious. I will b surprised if he can bench 225 over 25 reps. You will find alot of these 350 pound black lineman with no weight room strength. This year I bet you will have a white lineman dominate the bench press at the combine. Of course if you ask the average joe blow on the street he would think blacks dominate the bench press but as we all know that is far from the truth. I expect mitch petrus (who is white) to dominate the bench press with 40 reps.

I can't believe that a sumo like Cody is ranked as one of the top defensive tackles for the draft yet there are no whites. Are we to believe that a morbidly obese black man is a better athlete than the much leaner and in shape white tackles?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
His form resembles that of a whale. Sickening

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I'm sure NFL scouts are salivating over "Mount Fatty," who they are most likely comparing to Grady Jackson, Gilbert Brown, Vince Wilfork, Shaun Rodgers, Pat Williams, Casey Hampton, etc.

I wonder if "Mount C-Cup" can even bench more than the guys on my small college football team (or my old HS team). Doubtful....then again, we arent members of the most sacred, most intelligent, most merciful, most beautiful, most creative, most pefect race of supermen beings to ever inhabit this earth....thus we are substantially less-athletic, no matter how much bigger, faster, stronger we may appear.Edited by: Thrashen

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Good lord, this piece of lard is just as overhyped as fellow C-Cup Andre Smith was last year. Most of the guys on my High School football team are faster and more athletic than "Mount Sumo" is. Then again, all of the girls on my HS Basketball team are too.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trembling just looking at this magnificent athletic specimen in all hisripped glory. No wonder White athletes don't stand a chance compared to God's Masterpieces. Not only that,Sir Codylooks like he has intelligence to burn. Undoubtedly can memorize a playbook as thick as a phone book in a few days while consuming a dozen extra large pizzas. Clearly the total package.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don't worry everyone the sumo will be a very high pick. He will probably go in the first few rounds. Can you imagine if a white player looked like that? He would be the laughingstock of these mock "experts" and the DWF's. Since he's black he has explosiveness and is probably an outstanding citizen.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Look how Entree Smiff has worked out so far for the Bengals. I expect Cody to have a similar NFL experience and an equally unimpressive bench press.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Mount "Bloaty" looks like a half-ton of freshly chewed bubble gum!
smiley55.gif