white is right

Hall of Famer
Rocky6 said:
-02940e77923fd300.jpg

<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Check this out!!!!</div>
OMG how can any team draft this rehab case waiting to happen. He is about 21 or 22 what the hell will he look like when he is 28. Ditka publicly humiliated "The Fridge" when he got this heavy and I think even sent him to rehab.
smiley11.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Mama let your son grow up and be a nose tackle.....Source: Wilfork highest-paid nose tackle

* Email
* Print
* Comments 58
* Share79
retweet16

By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

The New England Patriots have paid big money to their big man in the middle by inking nose tackle Vince Wilfork to a five-year, $40 million extension Friday, according to a league source.

The deal, which includes an $18 million signing bonus and $25 million guaranteed, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports, makes Wilfork the highest-paid nose tackle in the NFL. It also provides him the long-term security he desires and ensures the Patriots -- hurt by the departures of several impact players in recent years -- retain a key part of their defense.

Wilfork confirmed the agreement, writing the following on his Twitter account: "We are pleased to say we will be here for many more years to come."

Vince Wilfork
Vince Wilfork
#75 DT
New England Patriots

2009 STATS

* Tot43
* Solo31
* Ast12
* FF1
* Sack0
* Int0

Wilfork, who was assigned the franchise tag on Feb. 22, was called the team's No. 1 contractual priority by owner Robert Kraft.

Also yesterday, the Patriots signed outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain to a three-year, $13.5 million contract and reached a two-year agreement with right guard Stephen Neal, according to a league source.

The contract for Wilfork, 28, gives him a chance to spend his entire career with the Patriots, which is something he didn't sound optimistic about following the team's playoff loss to the Ravens on Jan. 10.

"As the time ticked off that clock, it kind of dawned on me. I told my teammates, the guys I played with on defense, I don't know if this is the last game I played with you or not, but if it is, I love you, and I'm going to miss you," he said at the time.

Frustrated with the progress of contract talks in the days leading up to the Pro Bowl on Jan. 31, Wilfork went on sports radio WEEI and said, "It's time for me to move forward, with the Patriots or without the Patriots."

Negotiations apparently heated up shortly thereafter because when Wilfork was assigned the franchise tag three weeks later, his tone was significantly different. The Patriots also provided detail on the negotiations, which was a break from their usual tight-lipped ways.

"Vince is a tremendous player for our team and remains a significant part of our future plans," the team said in a statement at the time. "We are hopeful that Vince will remain a Patriot for many years to come."

Negotiations between the Patriots and Wilfork's agent Kennard McGuire had been ongoing since last year. Wilfork's wife, Bianca, was also an instrumental part of the process.

Wilfork, who is listed at 6-foot-2, 325 pounds, has been one of the Patriots' most durable players since joining the team as a first-round draft choice in 2004 (21st overall), while emerging as one of the NFL's top players at the hard-to-fill position of nose tackle in the 3-4 defense.

His value to the Patriots was also highlighted last season when he moved to end to help solidify struggles the team was having at that spot. Wilfork is also a strong presence in the locker room, which has added importance after a season in which the Patriots didn't always seem to have all 53 players pulling in the same direction.

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPN Boston. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.
Edited by: white is right

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
PATHETIC!!

He'll promptly blow-out his knee in camp! That ALMOST always happens after big/ridiculous contracts!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Vince "Willfork"...anything you put on the plate! That sumbitch ain't worth any $25 million dollars!
smiley7.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maybe this is why ******** dominate tackle/nose tackle.....Free agent NT Ferguson suspended

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Free agent Jason Ferguson, a veteran nose tackle most recently with the Miami Dolphins, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed on Sunday that the discipline was handed down late this week but could offer no further details. Ferguson was also suspended for violating NFL drug policy in 1999, sitting out four games after an anabolic steroid showed up during a urine test.

The player's agent, Jimmy Sexton, did not return a call Sunday seeking comment.

Ferguson was sidelined with a season-ending quadriceps injury in November and underwent surgery a month later. The 35-year-old had been in on 23 tackles in nine games for the Dolphins last season. Coach Tony Sparano called him a "heck of a player" at the time of his injury.

A Dolphins spokesman, Harvey Greene, said Ferguson remained a free agent and had not signed a new contract.

"We won't comment because he's not officially on our roster," Greene said. The team has not said whether they planned to re-sign Ferguson for next season.

Ferguson was drafted in 1997, playing eight seasons with the New York Jets and three with the Dallas Cowboys before joining Miami in 2008. He has 325 career tackles.

Ferguson tested positive for marijuana at the scouting combine in 1997. During his 1999 suspension, he passionately denied taking steroids, saying he used a dietary supplement, which he would not identify, but that contained no banned substances.

"People are thinking I'm a drug addict or something like that, and that's ridiculous," Ferguson said at the time. "I read bottles and I know steroids. I didn't take no damn steroids."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
itsme said:
Tony Washington, an o-line prospect from Division II Abilene Christian, impressed at the NFL Combine.

However, like many prospects before him, a crime committed in his teen years might derail him, only this one involves having sex with his sister.

SportsFanLive's Jenna Laine has the exclusive. It seems that Washington, now 24, is a registered sex offender in Texas, and according to Laine's sources, it's because he was convicted in May 2003 of having consensual sex with his 15-year-old sister.

http://deadspin.com/5490101/report-nfl-draft-prospect-once-put-his-tremendous-upside-in-his-sister

the nfl will love him
smiley5.gif

I thought blacks don't have sex with family members. Another myth exposed.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's not unique to any race or any state (you hear it's hicks in West Virginia or red necks in Arkansas or Mississippi) it's unique to SCUM OF THE EARTH people!

? What's a virgin in West Virginia?
Answer: a 14 year old that can outrun her cousins! JK

In this case, this is even a worse incestuous level- it was his sister (consensual- supposedly- sex with your sister? That is some F-ed up stuff). And the NFL is supposedly looking at employing this guy?

What is up with this liberal Abilene "Christian"? I guess they take on these felons as personal growth projects out of love because they're good at football?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sumos in the news:

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, Rutgers LT Anthony Davis refused to weigh in at the Scarlet Knights' Pro Day Wednesday. This raises a major red flag because Davis has a long history of weight fluctuation. He was demoted to coach Greg Schiano's second-team offense in the 2009 preseason for reporting overweight. Davis didn't go through a single drill on Wednesday due to a hamstring injury and/or a "stomach virus."
<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>
<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>Updating a previous item, NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports that Alabama NT Terrence Cody only had 22 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press at the Crimson Tide's Wednesday Pro Day. The difference between this account and agent Alvin Keels' (he claimed Cody had 32 reps) is major. Cody has likely lost muscle while shedding 22 pounds since the Senior Bowl, and it showed up on the bench. Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy, with only slightly shorter arms, was criticized for repping 225 23 times.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
As I predicted back in January (not hard to do), sumo Cody had a very unimpressive bench performance. 22 reps at his weight (350ish?) is pathetic. I am no body builder or pro athlete by any means but I can bench about 10 reps of 225 and I weigh 195. If my training progresses, maybe in a few months I can achieve Mt. Fatty's "impressive feat".

Most importantly, DT is supposed to be a position of strength. Now it overwhelmingly fat, weak negros. White men are the strongest in the world and it is a blatant lie that defensive line is almost exclusively black now. Even DWFs should question this but hey, most of them are physically more like Cody than Pudzianowski.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
As I predicted back in January (not hard to do), sumo Cody had a very unimpressive bench performance. 22 reps at his weight (350ish?) is pathetic. I am no body builder or pro athlete by any means but I can bench about 10 reps of 225 and I weigh 195. If my training progresses, maybe in a few months I can achieve Mt. Fatty's "impressive feat".

Most importantly, DT is supposed to be a position of strength. Now it overwhelmingly fat, weak negros. White men are the strongest in the world and it is a blatant lie that defensive line is almost exclusively black now. Even DWFs should question this but hey, most of them are physically more like Cody than Pudzianowski.

Besides the fact that whites are stronger than blacks what is the reasoning behind these morbidly obese defensive tackles? Obviously a tackle has to have some speed and a fat lard like Cody whose at least 50 lbs overweight is extremely slow. Is there no white man in the country who is a better physical specimen than this sumo in the 300lb range? It's pretty obvious there are plenty.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
LIke most positions, coaches, scouts and other talent evaluators are too focused on the "template" of what a position player is supposed to "look" like. And for NT, it's big, fat, black sumo. And to be fair, the 3-4 defense, unlike the 4-3 doesn't require the down linemen to necessarily be disruptive forces clawing into the backfield. That's what the linebackers in the 3-4 are for. The NT in this defense merely needs to be strong enough not to be blown off of the ball, and take up tons of space, effectively just being a big roadblock. So by this template and reasoning, "Mount Cody" is a prototypical big, fat sumo nose tackle. I don't think that anyone has ever even tried a big, strong, speedy player at this position.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Dixie, that's some good stuff!
Vince Wil"fork" anything you put on a plate!
smiley36.gif

Vince "Fill My Fork" works just as well!
smiley1.gif

John

...As does Vince "FillFork"!
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
more visual proof of Mount C-Cup's affleticism ... courtesy of Draft Daddy's homepage.
smiley36.gif

mountc-cup.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Supossedly Cody increased his bench up to 32 on his pro day.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
32 reps is solid, but it sounds fudged...ala one of Mount "Bloaty's" favorite snacks!
smiley2.gif

F422039.jpg

terrence-cody-fat.jpg

Comic_Con_2007%20009.jpg

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

white is right

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Freethinker said:

Besides the fact that whites are stronger than blacks what is the reasoning behind these morbidly obese defensive tackles?  Obviously a tackle has to have some speed and a fat lard like Cody whose at least 50 lbs overweight is extremely slow.  Is there no white man in the country who is a better physical specimen than this sumo in the 300lb range?  It's pretty obvious there are plenty.
Back when most of the nose tackles were White they played in the high 200 pound range. If I were a gm and was serious about drafting Cody I would force the guy to do a conditioning camp with a Mackie Shilstone type trainer in a spartan environment where Shilstone fed him and then you could see what he is capable of playing at. 345+ only benefits the local KFC franchises.......
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There was an Abilene Christian game on TV early in the season. Of course, the talking-heads were hyping-up Tony Washington.

He didn't strike me as being a "legit" 6-7 (I didn't notice much of a size difference between him & the other players), and he was playing against lower-competition, too. Secondly, his technique is WEAK. He isn't better than Zane Beadles, Adam Ulatoski, the big Cinci OT, etc.

P.S. - Terrence Cody is very discolored!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past decade, not a single one of the first defensive tackles taken in each NFL Draft has lived up to expectations. Yet Whites continue to be shut out of the position almost as completely as they are at running back, cornerback and safety.

Since DT is a "strength" position and Whitesthoroughly dominate strongest man contests and weightlifting in general, shouldn'tDT be one hundred percent White, since the "speed" positions of RB and CB are one hundred percent black?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/10972/daily-mailbag-dt-success-rate

Edited by: Don Wassall

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
How do these sumos survive football practices in the deep South during summer. By the looks of them, conditioning is completely taken out of their workout.....

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don, Don, Don ... sir, when will you ever learn. as your Attorney General has clearly stated, those are HATE facts, and as such should never be entered into polite conversation.
smiley2.gif

you might even upset the delicate mental state of our black citizenry. i mean, this is almost as bad as not wanting them to be in a Wal-Mart.
smiley4.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Don, Don, Don ... sir, when will you ever learn. as your Attorney General has clearly stated, those are HATE facts, and as such should never be entered into polite conversation.
smiley2.gif

you might even upset the delicate mental state of our black citizenry. i mean, this is almost as bad as not wanting them to be in a Wal-Mart.
smiley4.gif

Combine it with my opinion that at least 80 percent of wide receivers should be White and maybe I will be charged with something by the
smiley52.gif
s.
smiley17.gif

StarWars

Mentor
In summary:

Freethinker said:
smiley32.gif

FootballDad said:
LIke most positions, coaches, scouts and other talent evaluators are too focused on the "template" of what a position player is supposed to "look" like.  And for NT, it's big, fat, black sumo.  And to be fair, the 3-4 defense, unlike the 4-3 doesn't require the down linemen to necessarily be disruptive forces clawing into the backfield.  That's what the linebackers in the 3-4 are for.  The NT in this defense merely needs to be strong enough not to be blown off of the ball, and take up tons of space, effectively just being a big roadblock.  So by this template and reasoning, "Mount Cody" is a prototypical big, fat sumo nose tackle.  I don't think that anyone has ever even tried a big, strong, speedy player at this position.
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall said:
Over the past decade, not a single one of the first defensive tackles taken in each NFL Draft has lived up to expectations. Yet Whites continue to be shut out of the position almost as completely as they are at running back, cornerback and safety.
Since DT is a "strength" position and Whites thoroughly dominate strongest man contests and weightlifting in general, shouldn't DT be one hundred percent White, since the "speed" positions of RB and CB are one hundred percent black?
smiley32.gif