some performances today

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense:

Matt Jones, WR, JAX: huge game, with3 long catches of 42, 36 (setting up G. Jones TD) and 32 yardsfor aTD, had117 (game high) yards receiving on 5 catches, also rushedtwice for 12 yards, finally he was the go to guy for Jax!

Heath Evans, FB, Patriots: 17 carries for 84 yards, 3 catches for 18 yards and he scored on the very important 2 point conversion in the 4th quarter... huge game for a guy that only had 108 rushing yards in his 4 previous seasons

Tim Dwight, WR, Patriots: 3 catches for 70 yards including huge 59 yarder that led Pats to their 4th quarter comeback with a little over 2 minutes remaining...

Wes Welker, WR, MIA: 2 catches for 61 yards

Brandon Stokley, WR, IND, 6 catches for 73 yards with couple of catches over 20, including 21 yarder for a TD

Dallas Clark, TE, IND, 2 catches for 18 yards, 14 yarder was first Colts' TD on a day

Mike Alstott, FB, TB: carries for yards, 2 TDs and 1 catch for 18 yards plus a HUGE last minute two point conversion on a second effort spinthat gave Bucs the win over Redskins, so 14 points on a day for him...

Chris Cooley, TE/HB, WAS: important catches, including one to convert 4th down he finished with 6 catches for 66 yards...

Tony Gonzalez, TE, KC: 8-81, no TDs

Defense:
Aaron Schobel, DE, BUF: 4 tackles and 2 sacks
Justin Bannan, DT, BUF, 3 tackles, 1 sack
Ryan Denney, DE, BUF, 3 tackles, 1 sack
Brian Urlacher and Hunter Hillenmeyer, LBs, CHI, combined for 12 tackles
Dan Morgan, LB, CAR: 7 tackles and 1 forced fumble (DT Jordan Carstens had another good game for Panthers as well)
Mike Furrey, FS, Rams: 3rd interception in 3rd straight game, returned for 33 yards (another great return) also had 2 tackles
Adam Archuleta, SS, Rams: 4 tackles
Aaron Kampman, DE, GB: 4 tackles, 1 sack
Chris Hovan, NT, TB: playing tough and glamourless nose tackle position, this guy made some big plays tonight for Bucs, had 4 tackles around line of scrimmage
Lofa Tatupu, MLB, SEA (i know he is polynesian, but that counts in my book
smiley2.gif
): 9 tackles and a sack
Quick notes: both punt returners during the Pats-Dolphins game were white (Tim Dwight amd Wes Welker); like Don mentioned below Buffalo had all white d-line starting again;
our receivers: Joe Jurevivius, Seattle: 3-27; Kevin Curtis, Rams: 6-51; Brian Finneran, Falcons: 4-50; Mark Boerigter, Chiefs: 2-18; Dane Looker, Rams: 1-12Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
and from a homer point of view: Mike Alstott has fot 3 carries for 8 yard and a TD as Bucs take a lead in first quarter vs Redskins
smiley32.gif
set the A Train loose!!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Great post,backrow! Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
thanks white Shogun, and just to add to my previous post, Mike Alstottis now 6 for 17 and 2 TDs
smiley17.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job, don't forget Kelsay also of Buffalo. Because of an injury to Sam Adams the Bills started four white d-linemen. They had six sacks and totally shut down the high-powered KC offense.

Mike Furrey has a pick and a near pick for the Rams already.

This has been the best day of the season so far for the players we root for.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think Payton Manning read our thread on him not getting the ball to Stokely. Or maybe Brandon read and said, "hey Payton, these guys got a point!"

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was happy with many of the stellar performances today.The best for me was to see Matt Jones have the biggest game of his career.Maybe now,Leftwich will realize just how good he can be.Jones was incredible today.He really showed his world class speed!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow! Alstott goes for the 2 pt. conversion to win the game! Whats up with the coaches these days, Vermeil last week and Gruden today going for the win instead of the tie.

And best of all, the confidence they had to give the ball to Alstott instead of Cadillac. Wow!

Two TDs and a 2 pt. conversion today for "You're in Good Hands" Alstott!

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Wow! Alstott goes for the 2 pt. conversion to win the game! Whats up with the coaches these days, Vermeil last week and Gruden today going for the win instead of the tie.

And best of all, the confidence they had to give the ball to Alstott instead of Cadillac. Wow!

Two TDs and a 2 pt. conversion today for "You're in Good Hands" Alstott!

yeah Caddy seems aweful lot like a bust after a great start of the season and built up expectations... but if it means Mike willget more touches and we can still win, than it doesnt matter (for now)
smiley2.gif
great game, too!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think one of Tampa's fans said it best. During the game I saw written on placard, "Run with Alstott, Win with Alstott."

I wish they'd trot out one of those corny stats of which broadcasters are so fond, detailing how many wins Tampa has win Alstott rushes for a touchdown or a certain number of yards per game.

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I think Payton Manning read our thread on him not getting the ball to Stokely. Or maybe Brandon read and said, "hey Payton, these guys got a point!"

I would bet a lot of white athletes are aware of Caste Football. This is the only placemany of them will ever get any praise and support.

Bart

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
The best for me was to see Matt Jones have the biggest game of his career.Maybe now,Leftwich will realize just how good he can be.Jones was incredible today.He really showed his world class speed!

I agree White Lighting. He made some big plays today and somehow makes it look easy because his moves are so smooth and effortless.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Did anyone see this catch? Was it a short or long pass?It would have been nice if he burned Deion.

capt.flpc20611132101.ravens_jaguars_flpc206.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Matt Jones, left, catches a third-quarter pass over Baltimore Ravens defender Deion Sanders, right, Sunday, Nov. 13, 2005, in Jacksonville, Fla.

G

gonzalez is not white. it's not good to turn this into an anti-black thing.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
gonzalez is not white. it's not good to turn this into an anti-black thing.

Are you on the wrong thread?

What anti-black thing are you referring to? And in that case, why are 99% of your posts anti-white?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Did anyone see this catch? Was it a short or long pass?It would have been nice if he burned Deion.

capt.flpc20611132101.ravens_jaguars_flpc206.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Matt Jones, left, catches a third-quarter pass over Baltimore Ravens defender Deion Sanders, right, Sunday, Nov. 13, 2005, in Jacksonville, Fla.

it was a 32 yarder, i havent seen it though, here's a little something about it from Jags' website:

"It was a win in which two new players emerged as offensive stars. With Fred Taylor sidelined by a sprained ankle, Greg Jones rushed for 106 yards, marking his first-ever 100-yard game. Rookie wide receiver Matt Jones was the game's number one star, catching five passes for 117 yards and one touchdown.

Do you know who that was you beat, Matt Jones was asked?

"Was it Deion?" he said.

Yeah, it was Deion Sanders.

"I was in the first grade when I first heard of him. To say I caught a pass against Deion Sanders is something I'll be able to remember the rest of my life," Jones added.

He caught more than one pass against Sanders. One of them, however, was for a 32-yard touchdown that opened the scoring for the Jaguars in the second quarter."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Someone who was watching the Jags game told me Matt did burn Deon Sanders on a catch. Was he right or not?

backrow

Hall of Famer
jody said:
White Shogun said:
Are you on the wrong thread?

i guess so. is this the thread where tony gonzalez is white?

nope, it is a thread where i put Tony Gonzalez down in my player watch that's it...

and guys i watched the Matt Jones catch and yeah he did burn Deion pretty bad on that one plus on another long catch too :) i think they have that highlight on NFL.com in the video section, watch and enjoy
smiley17.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
and guys i watched the Matt Jones catch and yeah he did burn Deion pretty bad on that one plus on another long catch too :) i think they have that highlight on NFL.com in the video section, watch and enjoy
smiley17.gif

Thanks for the headsup backrow.

G

backrow said:
nope, it is a thread where i put Tony Gonzalez down in my player watch that's it...

but everybody already knows he's a good player, so really he's in this thread because he's not black.

because this is less about being pro-white than it is about being anti-black.

there's no other reason to put mexicans and islanders in this thread.

White_Savage

Mentor
Once again jody, you're are as 180% bass-ackwards wrong as it's possible to be.

If we ONLY liked White Athletes, that would mean we really were judging people by the color of their skin.

Overall, we dislike the lie of ******* physical superiority, or the even more twisted lie that blacks are equal to Whites in everything except the things they're superior to Whites in.

But since you'e interested in the matter, I AM anti-black. And I can easily prove that I am RIGHT to be so.

I've met Americans of Hispanic, Asians, and Middle Eastern, and Jewish ancestry, and guess what? For the most part I've liked these people, on an interpersonal level, thus you cannot call me mindlessly ethnocentric. I cannot say the same thing for most blacks. I believe most White Americans can say the same thing.

Truth be told, most people here probably ARE anti-black to one degree or another. But guess what, it has nothing to do with skin color, and alot to do with attitudes and behaviors that go far deeper than skin. Blacks have worked hard to earn the dislike of every other race on the planet.

I had a Pakistani colleague in my house the other day. Among the things I learned from him: That he thinks "blacks are a cancer on America" and that he plans on selling his store in a black neighborhood and moving into a White neighborhood ASAP. How do you explain this jody? Tell me, oh how can this highly non-white person prefer "pervasive racism" of a White neighborhood to the oh-so-tolerant atmosphere blacks provide? How did a guy who'd never SEEN a black man or thought much about them until he came to this country a few years ago imbibe what you probably think is antiquated and false "prejudice?" Perhaps indeed, it is not prejudice but POST-judice that informs his, and my, opinions.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Technically speaking, one can be Hispanic, and white, black, or even asian, at the same time as there are only three races. The rest are ethnic groupings.

So although Tony Gonzalez is Hispanic, his racial phenotype is 'caucasoid.' Or, white.

I know, not exactly what we mean when we use "white" on this board, which is generally meant as of European, or more particularly, northern European, origin, but there are many, many people on the planet who are not European but are "White", and consider themselves to be "white."

G

white savage:

take a math class. 180 degrees. not 180 percent.

then go back to stormfront.

white shogun:

gonzalez is not white. get used to it.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wikipedia:

Hispanic, as used in the United States, is one of several terms used to categorize U.S. citizens, permanent residents and illegal aliens whose ancestry hails either from Spain, the Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America, or the original settlers of the traditionally Spanish-held Southwestern United States. The term is used as a broad form of classification in the U.S. census, local and federal employment, and numerous business market researches.

and:

Racial Diversity

Hispanic, as the term is defined and used in the United States (of Spanish-speaking Latin American or Spanish descent) encompasses a very diverse population, which often makes efforts toward creating a Pan-Hispanic sense of identity difficult. While in the United States "Hispanics" are often treated as a group apart from whites, blacks, and other racial groups, they actually include people who identify with any or all of the aforementioned racial groups, as well as identifying as various others....

Hispanics with mostly Caucasoid or ******* features may not be recognized as such by many people, despite the ethnic and racial diversity of most Latin American populations. People of Spanish, Latin American, and, Latin Asian ancestry who do not "look Hispanic" may have their ethnic status questioned or even challenged by others.

In the United States, a great proportion of "Hispanics" identify as mestizo (mixed European and Amerindian), regardless of national origin. This is partly because much of Latin America is of that mixed ancestry, and mestizos constitute majority populations in most Latin American countries. Many other Hispanics may be of unmixed Spanish ancestry, primarily those from Uruguay and Argentina, or mestizos of predominantly Spanish ancestry, not uncommon amongst Costa Ricans and Chileans. Some may also be of unmixed Native American ancestry, many of those from Bolivia, Guatemala, Peru â€â€￾ where they constitute majorities â€â€￾ and a considerable proportion of those from Mexico, while many Hispanics of Dominican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Colombian backgrounds may be mulatto (mixed European and black African) or of unmixed black African ancestry. The presence of these mentioned races and race-mixes are not country-specific, since they can be found in every Latin American country, whether as larger of smaller proportions of their respective populations.

Having said that, I do *not* consider Gonzalez a "white" player in the context used here on Caste Football, although I *do* think that Hispanic and Asian players must fight to overcome the racial stigma of inferior athletes to blacks, much like white men. I personally root for players like Gonzalez, Troy Polamalu, Dat Nguyen, and a few other non-white players, although the Samoans are rapidly making a name for themselves without any assistance from affirmative action.

But as for the rest, I am right about the technical definition of white and Hispanic. Since you falsely seem to deign yourself so much more intelligent than the rest of us, perhaps you should take a sociology class at the same school where you suggested that White Savage take a math class.

I'll tell the transportation department to send the little squatty yellow bus for you, so you won't get lost. Edited by: White Shogun