Shane Crawford

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's wish Shane good luck tommorow. He will have to finish in the top 8 out of 16 sprinters to make the 60 national indoor ncaa finals this weekend. Come on Shane!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Shane is out of the competition. He ran a respectable 6.69 in his heat but was not one of the top 4 to advance to the finals. It's a shame because if he would have finished in the top four to advance to the finals, he would have been the first sprinter from Purdue to ever become an All American. Maybe outdoors or next year when he is a senior. Congrats to him however on a very good indoor season. Hopefully outdoors will be even better! Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
OK, I already posted this under 2011 Outdoor Season, but I want to give Shane full credit.
He won the Big 10 Championships today in a time of 10.18!!!
Fantastic time!
One of the fastest ever for an American, white sprinter.

Shane had showed a lot of promise in high school, but seemed completely stalled in college, until these championships. It seems that just now - 4 yrs later - he is just starting to fulfill his potential, and come into top form. I hope he has some other meets coming up, so he can continue to improve and drop his times.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is incredible news. With Shane being a senior, he will have to make a decision about the next chapters of his life. I also expected big things out of him coming out of high school. It's just too bad he battled so many injuries over the last 4 years. He almost gave up track just a little over a year ago as he was very depressed. This is just what he needs. He has been excellent this season. I'm hoping he decides to give track a chance. Who knows what he might accomplish when he graduates if he concentrates on training full time with no school work to worry about. Maybe he can get some advice from Jordan Boase. Keep sprinting Shane. You were born to run bro!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
According to Purdue's website his previous fastest 100m time is 10.66. This is amazing since he beat his previous best by almost half a second.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
10.66 was not his fastest time before.
The website is wrong or out dated.
He had a 10.37 earlier this year, and he ran a 10.33 in high school.
Anyway, now his best time is 10.18!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That isn't true. Shane ran in the 10.30's as a high school senior. He has also ran very fast this season as he has finally seem to get through his injuries. The key is to stay healthy. I want him to go to the national champs and make some noise. It would be great if he could even run faster than Michael LeBlanc did several years ago when LeBlanc ran a 10.16! Shane might just do it. Good luck to Shane!

albinosprint

Mentor
good to see him go forward again. hope we can see another PR or of him before the season is done.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If he can keep improving his form into June maybe he can be a dark horse to be in the relay pool for the world championships. He also could break the unofficial White American 100 record of Kevin Little which is 10.14. Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Shane ran a casual jog in the park today of 10.41 to qualify for the next round. He will run again tommorow. I like the fact that he didn't expend too much energy as the times don't matter until the finals.

albinosprint

Mentor
nice, I want another PR out of this kid before all is said and done.