Saints - Bears

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Great player over the middle by Urlacher covering Reggie Bush. Announcers are talking about Urlacher's athleticism.

Hey! Mike Karney with a pass completion for a first down!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
That showboating end - zone dive was disgusting. What a goof.. In a game like this, in these conditions he does a hot dog showboating flip into the end-zone. Too bad he didn't lose the ball. Pea brained clown!

G

C Darwin said:
Is it me, or do the recievers on the Saints and the Bears stink. Oh the
Irony.
I don't think Marques Colston stinks. He had 1,038 yards in 13 games. That exptrapolates to 1,278 over a 16 game stretch.. which would easily have been in the top 10.

Bart

Hall of Famer
It don't think it wise to try that field goal from that distance, on a field where players are losing footing.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
That showboating end - zone dive was disgusting. What a goof.. In a game like this, in these conditions he does a hot dog showboating flip into the end-zone. Too bad he didn't lose the ball. Pea brained clown!

Seems kinda pointless to showboat when your team is losing. All the Bears had to do is point to the scoreboard. Celebrate THAT, a**hole.

Ouch, intentional grounding call on Brees in the endzone for a safety. Funny thing is, he just did the same thing the play before and there was no call. They're crediting Urlacher for getting the officials to make the right call.

Four point game.

EDIT: Wow. Turning into a rout for the Bears. On the one hand we'll be spared more Katrina; on the other hand we're going to have to sit through the sickening inevitable Lovie love fest sure to follow a Bears' win.Edited by: White Shogun

Triad

Mentor
The African American Coaches lovefest will begin very shortly. I'm sure ESPN will cover this ad nauseum for eternity now.
smiley11.gif

Another interesting point, Haas is not playing receiver this season because both of these coaching staffs believe that he is worse than every single receiver they have on their roster.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Triad said:
The African American Coaches lovefest will begin very shortly. I'm sure ESPN will cover this ad nauseum for eternity now.
smiley11.gif

Another interesting point, Haas is not playing receiver this season because both of these coaching staffs believe that he is worse than every single receiver they have on their roster.

They're already talking about it. Lovie Smith: 'Classy guy and first African-American head coach to take his team to the Super Bowl." Now, they're saying that Lovie Smith is going to be rooting for his long-time close friend, Tony Dungy. "What a story that would be!"
smiley11.gif

I'm about ready to root for the Patriots. I'm already annoyed.

Re: Haas. When you put it like that, the discrimination is pretty apparent, isn't it?
smiley7.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I have nothing against the two black coaches, but the media's love affair with all things black almost seems like modern day paganism to me. Apparently the black man is the new god of america
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
hey at least Mike Karney had a nice run for 11 yards and caught a pass for 9.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Lance Alworth said:
I have nothing against the two black coaches, but the media's love affair with all things black almost seems like modern day paganism to me. Apparently the black man is the new god of america
smiley7.gif

If one judged this country merely by what they see in television and the popular media, they would think the population of the United States is about 80% black, ruled by blacks, with a black president, black judges, and primarily black entertainers, who wisely lead and mentor a miscreant, racist, deviant ungrateful minority population of white, redneck trailer trash.

Joseph_Mary

I have done some research, and it seems that the one quarterback stat that has a correlation with wins is number of sacks.

That is, the fewer the sacks, the more likely your team is to win the football game.

For example, today Rex Grossman had zero sacks, compared to Drew Brees's 3 sacks.

Of 16 quarterbacks that played the VAST majority of downs for their teams, the "correlation coefficient" of sacks compared to the number of wins was -0.795. That is EXTREMELY high and significant - those of you with a background in statistics would agree.

Of the 16 quarterbacks the one MOST LIKELY to be sacked was the Falcon's Michael Vick - by far the worst of the worse in playing the NFL quarterback position.

ANYWAY, my point is: Rex Grossman, and his offensive line, has as much to do with the Bear's winning season as their good defense. Don't believe that a quarterback has to throw for 300 or even 200 yards to win games - they don't, all they have to do is not take sacks and don't throw interceptions. Lovie Smith is a smart guy for sticking with Grossman this season, the guy knows what he's doing - ask him if he'd rather have Grossman or Michael Vick, I would guarantee you he would rather have mistake-free Grossman over the supposedly "athletic" Michael Vick.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Final Stats

Saints
Mike Karney had 1 run for 11 yards and a 9 yard catch.
Mark Campbell had 2 for 6 yards.

Scott Fujita had 10 tackles.
Scott Shanle had 6 tackles.

Bears
Urlacher had 4 tackles.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I was basically rooting for the Saints. Then Reggie Bush had to taunt Urlacher, and do a showboat dive into the End zone. So there is a good sweet revenge for him in this win.

I thought Grossman showed a lot of poise, coming back and engineering the victory.

Too bad about the Patriots, all we can really hope is that Peyton and the white receivers will have such a dominating performance, that it will at least partially overshadow the Tony Dungy love-fest.

chris371

Mentor
Fujita was brilliant. The tackles he made were great fun to watch too. Always nice hard nits.

sunshine

Mentor
Slim pickings as usual but a few things. The saints LB trio isgood. Fujita is an athletic disrupter, Simeneau is quick if a little small. Shanle is one of the best in the league in terms of athletic ability. He can really run and his younger brother is a senior safety at Nebraska who has run a 4.38 40.
Brees is reasonably athletic but nothing spectacular. He is though a rising QB and one of the best.. Look for the Saints to be in the mix for a while. Need speed in secondary and better Wr's.
The Bears is all about Urlacher which is why I am rooting for them in SB. Don't think they will win though. Urlacher has been a great caste buster. He is terrific. By the way Bush was pointing at Urlacher on his way to a td. Not a good idea if you value your teeth punk. Bush admitted afterward he didn't know it was big ole Brian just in case they meet in an alley.