Saints - Bears

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
A thread for your posts for pre-game articles of interest, your thoughts on the matchups, the hype and the hate, and everything that happens during the game and after.

Tell us who you want to win and why, and tell us who you THINK will win and why. Sometimes these two aren't the same.
smiley2.gif

I'd like to see the Saints win for a couple primary reasons. First of all, if the Bears make the Super Bowl with the Colts, all we are going to hear about is that two black head coaches made it. Secondly, I'm a big fan of Drew Brees and Mike Karney. Karney throws some great blocks and is a solid power runner.

As far who will actually win, I think it is a lot closer, but again I like the Saints. The Bears barely beat a Seahawks team that backed into the playoffs. The Saints on the other hand dispatched a good Eagles team and seem to be playing very well on both sides of the ball.

Saints-Pats/Saints-Colts both have many positives from a Caste perspective. Saints-Pats would be great because Heath Evans and Mike Karney might actually get to run the ball. Saints-Colts would be nice simply because of Peyton Manning.

Quote of the day from Tank Johnson,
"What happened to me could have happened to any man."
Chicago Tribune, 1-18-07

Lets see, how many people do you know, while on probation has three pitbulls, 6 unregistered weapons, and and convicted felon living in their home?
I guess personal responsibility is unknown to Tank.
Kick him out of the league!

Bunnyman

Guru
Go New Orleans. Saints have 9 white starters and a white coach.

Bears have 4 white starters and a black coach they are already starting to hype as the next black hope among NFL coaches.

I think the Saints will pull out a close one.

Bart

Hall of Famer
The Chicago media has blasted Smith's play calling and clock management skills. From what I've seen of Sean Payton, he is already more than a match for Smiffy. Tank will have to put a cap or two in Brees to give his team a fighting chance.

On paper I think the Saints are a superior team.If the cold weather doesn't bother them too much, they should be headed to the Super Bowl.Now, what about my gut feelings and emotions? All agree...Chicago is toast! The only question I have is whether the idiot Devin Hester will fumble more than once.

backrow

Hall of Famer
go Saints!

man, i wish Hass was playing for Bears to show NO what they are missing out on... what a perfect scenario and stage for a revenge would that be

Freedom

Mentor
If the Saints win, it will be attributed to the "weakness of Rex Grossman" and not the whites on defense.

Also, you have the hurricane Katrina factor which has been given a racial slant by the media. What do you think about that?Edited by: Freedom

backrow

Hall of Famer
it's a no win situation. and Saints seem like a fair team under current NFL standards. Bears only have Urlacher and Hillenmeyer

PS and by no win i mean it's either Smith or Chocolate CityEdited by: backrow

Bart

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
Quote of the day from Tank Johnson,
"What happened to me could have happened to any man."
Chicago Tribune, 1-18-07

He must be a total moron to believe that.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I saw a sloppy tackle by a Saints corner on Rex Grossman cost the Saints field position. Grossman managed to escape the rush and throw the ball of bounds. Young (white Saints lineman) was moving pretty good for a big, slow, unathletic white guy.

Wow! Saints dodged a bullet! Big hit on Brees for a fumble but the Saints recover. Hard to believe the Saints recovered; the Bears will all over the ball. 4th and long, time to punt again.

Bears throw long, I guess Lovie is going to let Grossman play a little ball today. Maybe they heard the announcer say that the "Sloppy field benefits the Saints passing game," and thought they should get some of that, too. Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
Oh well, looks like mother nature has messed things up pretty good. Nice fumble recovery attempt by the Bears. Why is it so hard to just -FALL- on the ball? Idiots!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colston fumbles after a nice catch, Bears ball!

LOL. The network compares the winning seasons and post-season victories of the Bears and Saints, without mentioning that the Bears have been in existence since 1922, the Saints - 1966.

Wow, Lovie goes for it instead of kicking the field goal. I think it's a good call myself.

Nice defensive stand by the Saints. The Bears had plenty of chances for the touchdown, but the D held. The announcers are saying the Saints defense is under-rated.
smiley32.gif

Another fumble by the Saints. Payton challenges but the ruling is upheld. Two turnovers already and it's still in the 1st quarter. Not a good sign.Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
One of my brothers absolutely loves sloppy field conditions, says they are the most fun games to watch. He may be right, but I hate to watch them. I like precision, not stumblin, rumblin and fumblin.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I may have already said this somewhere on the site before, but I have to root for the Saints because they are whiter.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The Saints defense has made a couple of good, back to back stands with their backs against the proverbial wall. The game could easily be 14-0 already. If the Saints can find someone to hold on to the ball, they might be able to get back into the game.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Hey, just saw a commercila with an all white cast! now I know why. The manager rips his employees for being losers.

Grossman looks rattled already.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
There was another commercial with an all-white cast, where a rental car company sends a spy to observe Hertz. The fall guy in the routine was white but so was the straight man.

Bart, I thought the commercial you mentioned was funny, but it's interesting that they can't have one minority employee in the group.

The Saints came up with another big stop. I hope that someone notices. 9-0 Bears. Saints are still in it.

Bart, I think the entire Saints offense looks a little rattled, too. Nobody seems to be able to catch or hold onto the ball either one.

Except for Brees! Nice run for the first by Drew!

Never mind. Bears hold, Saints punt again.Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Joe Buck just said Urlacher is as athletic of a LB as you will find in the NFL. Cool!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Moose just said Urlacher is as athletic of a LB as you will find in the NFL. Cool!

Urlacher just had a great play in the open field on Reggie Bush.
smiley32.gif

Just when I think the Saints D is going to keep them in the game, Thomas Jones starts tearing off long runs. This game is about to be out of reach for the Saints. Edited by: White Shogun

C Darwin

Mentor
Is it me, or do the recievers on the Saints and the Bears stink. Oh the
Irony.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Nice drive put together by the Saints. Their receivers have redeemed themselves somewhat on this drive.

It's been interesting enough so far but I'm not on the edge of my seat watching this game. Instead of expecting a big play, I find myself waiting for another fumble or dropped pass.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
How can you guys watch that afro-football snooze fest? There are more white guys on the the field at a Grambling Morehead State game.

Switch to snowboarding, all white guys and much more excitement.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
How can you guys watch that afro-football snooze fest? There are more white guys on the the field at a Grambling Morehead State game.

Switch to snowboarding, all white guys and much more excitement.

It's actually been kinda tough to sit through.
smiley36.gif
I'm surfing the web, doing the laundry, and posting on Caste Football waiting for a white player to make a play.
smiley17.gif

Triad

Mentor
Great play by Bush, 88 yards. Right now the Saints have the momentum until their next turnover.