Ruslan Chagaev

Gary

Mentor
Chagaev knocked Rob Calloway out on Saturday night,it was a brutal KO. Chagaev should really step it up in 2006. He and Sultan Ibragimov are two men who could probably whip most[if not all]heavyweights in the world.
Rahman after losing to Lennox Lewis and Holyfield and fighting a draw with Tua-beat 6 bums Al Cole, Rob Calloway, Mario Cawley, Terrence Lewis, Kali Meehan and Monte Barrett
smiley36.gif
!!This clown has the gall to call himself a "champ"?CHUMP is more like it.Rahman and Toney fighting for the title is ridiculous! Even the jock sniffers knew Rahman couldn't carry Vitali's jock strap or Wlad's and was KO'd by Maskaev.
Chagaev is a top ten fighter. He should fight McCline, Barrett or Calvin Brock.This should be his year.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I enjoy your postings Gary. It's because of you and your updates that I am even aware of most of these east european prospects. Keep up the good work. P.s. some of them are more than prospects at this point!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Chageav is Georgian ie Asian and for most posters on this board his "whiteness" would be problematic ie John Ruiz being accepted as white........

Iron

Guru
Chagaevs whiteness unlike Ruiz or the Turk Samil Sam is not in question.His nationality is Uzbek which is a central Asian country however he's of full ethnic Russian/European ancestry.He also has the ring alias 'White Tyson'.

Gary

Mentor
Chagaev is White, Ruiz is not. I think we may have a troll. Let's watch him closely.
Cassius Clay was part Irish
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Non-blacks winning in boxing is just about as good, as far as I'm concerned, because no one asserts any absurdity that Asians, Arabs, Indians, or some mix-thereof are physically superior to Whites.

Gary

Mentor
Clay didn't have enough Irish blood to be a great fighter like Tunney or Billy Conn, who were not only great fighters but SMART
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Gary said:
Clay didn't have enough Irish blood to be a great fighter like Tunney or Billy Conn, who were not only great fighters but SMART
smiley2.gif

You know, this remark isn't actually unfair. If Ali had possessed the sense to drop his hubris and show-boating and learn to box technically (which he didn't), good defense, etc, he might not have parkinsons now. But he depended on his freak speed and iron jaw for defense, and now he pays the price.

Tunney, OTOH, had very fast reflexes AND learned the boxing game in and out, and managed to win twice against Jack Dempsey, a fast, vicious fighter, one of the hardest hitters who ever lived,certainly the hardest for his size. And Tunney kept all of his intelligence doing it.

Gary

Mentor
Chagaev fights Valdimir Virchis on March 11. I hate these kind of fights!! Two tough White men fighting each other. I would rather see them fighting a black guy and get him out of there quickly then fight each other. We now have the chance to competely take over the Heavyweight Class in boxing, let's not knock each other off.
My son told me about a computer boxing game that had modern/past fighters-Calvin Brock was on the game but not Wlad or Vitali!! There is not a heavyweight in the world with as many wins over top contenders as Wlad!!
I don't like to see White men fighting other White men. All White men are Brothers. Let's take over boxing and only fight each other when there is no other way out. Which ever of these brave men[Chagaev or Virchis]wins, he should get a title shot.
A MEN'S RACE IS HIS NATION!!!

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, I agree. I hate those fights. Mesi had his career ended by another white guy. Every tough fight takes a little bit out of you.

speedster

Mentor
This should be in the Joe Mesi thread but since freedom1 brought it up it's appropriate here and that is that Mesi is has been cleared to fight in Puerto Rico in fact he should be down there right now working out plotting who his first comeback opponent will be.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It looks like Ruslan Chagaev will fight Kali Meehan on May 22 in Germany.

The long periods of inactivity for Chagaev and Meehan must not have been good for them. They have the two worst major promoters: Universum (Chagaev) and Don King Promotions (Meehan). Neither Kohl nor King ever seem to take what's in the boxer's best interests into consideration - both are selfish, short-sighted men.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chagaev has been so inactive in the past several years that it has definitely hurt him. I doubt he's the same fighter that he was 3 or 4 years ago. You could see a lot of rust against Klitschko. Chagaev in top shape and fighting form probably would have won a few rounds against Wlad.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
It looks like Ruslan Chagaev will fight Kali Meehan on May 22 in Germany.

The long periods of inactivity for Chagaev and Meehan must not have been good for them. They have the two worst major promoters: Universum (Chagaev) and Don King Promotions (Meehan). Neither Kohl nor King ever seem to take what's in the boxer's best interests into consideration - both are selfish, short-sighted men.
Kohl is called the Don King of Germany. His sway on the WBO is similar to the pull that King has with the WBC. If Kohl wants a Universum fighter to get a title shot for a WBO crown voila the title shot magically appears.

referendum

Mentor
Chagaev will fight Australian Kali Meehan in a WBA title eliminator fight in May. I'm guessing thats for the right to fight winner of Haye Ruiz, and then maybe after that winner has a voluntary defense. I'd like to see the winner of Haye Ruiz fight a Klitscko brother, then that winner fight Povetkin, then that winner fight the winner of Chagaev Meehan. But that would be to organized and orderly. Anyway, nice to see an all white title eliminator fight.Edited by: referendum

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm looking forward to Chagaev-Meehan this weekend.

Plakat_Rostock_220510_web.jpg.portrait.jpg

Pics from the Press Conference
hro_MG_3729.jpg.large.jpg

Ruslan%20Chagaev%20and%20Kali%20Meehan.large.jpg

Ruslan%20Chagaev%20and%20Kali%20Meehan10-05-17145042.large.jpg

Ruslan%20Chagaev%20and%20Kali%20Meehan%20.large.jpg

Chagaev "I'm in top shape and looking forward to Rostock and the fans. I will take advantage of this chance, I will defeat Meehan, and I will prove that you have to reckon with me again."Â￾

Chagaev's Trainer Magomed Schaburow "We've trained together since September. It's a very fruitful relationship. Ruslan is very capable of learning. Everything has gone great in preparation. Ruslan is also a great personality and a terrific person. That makes him pleasant to work with."Â￾

Meehan "The camp is neither here or there since you can't do anything except train,"Â￾ he stated. "We've also done that. I have 70 rounds of sparring behind me. I'm glad to finally get this chance. I was the WBA #1, but Valuev never wanted to fight me. Now I want to follow a different path towards the world title. I'm looking forward to this opportunity. Ruslan was once world champion, so I have respect for him. Nevertheless, I can beat him and will do it with a KO!"Â￾

Meehan's Trainer Stacy McKinley "Chagaev is known as the "White Tyson."Â￾ Mike Tyson was world champion for many years. Chagaev nothing like Tyson. We'll see on Saturday in the ring. Kali will clearly beat him!"Â￾

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This will be my first time watching Meehan fight. He has compiled a pretty nice record and looks to be another very good white fighter. I'm not making any predictions as I would need to watch a few of Meehan's fights before making one. `

Most of the time you can get an ideal of that's going on in a fighters head by that they say.. Chagaev: "I WILL beat Meehan!" Meehan: "I CAN beat Chagaev!" Chagaev: "I'm looking forward to rostock!" That's confidence! Meehan: "I have 70 rounds of sparring behind me!" That's looking for confidence! Stacy Mckinley: " Chagaev is nothing like tyson!" That's black bitternes! So my prediction is Chagaev wins...Edited by: lost

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Chagaev wins by wide UD.

Meehan got away with a lot of holding to survive. The ref gave Meehan a rest when he punched himself out in the 12th round and was vulnerable to being KOed by Ruslan. Meehan low blows Chagaev at one point, and the ref warns Chagaev?
smiley5.gif

I scored it 119-109 for Chagaev, I can see 120-108 or 118-110. But two of the card were too close, no way Meehan won more than two rounds. Was Don King trying to pull something crooked?

But anyway, it was the best Chagaev has looked since his fight with Valuev. After the fight he said he's ready for David Haye anytime.
smiley32.gif

JReb1

Mentor
Chagaev is now Haye's mandatory and IMO Ruslan will beat Haye. Haye is finally going to have to fight a legit fighter one way or another since the only way for him to avoid his mandatory challenger is by fighting another HW champion, either Wlad or Vitali. Haye should have NO problems fighting Ruslan though since he called him a "bum" after Wlad beat him last year.

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/is-david-haye-vs-ruslan-chagaev-next_052410/

Edited by: JReb1