Robert Stieglitz

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It was a good fight.

Stieglitz landed more punches on Abraham, some of them good shots, but Arthur's punches were more damaging.

I scored it a draw, 114-114. There were a few close rounds, so a close win for either fighter is acceptable.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was a big Abraham fan but he was exposed in the Super Six. It really shocked me. I expected him to be in second place after Kessler. Boy was I wrong.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sauerland said there will probably be a Kessler-Abraham made.

I feel bad for Stieglitz. He showed he has the heart of a champion today.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Did not view the fight, but Dan Raphael of ESPN who I trust scored the fight a toss up. He said it was a good fight. I will watch it on YouTube once it posts.

Good rebound and title win for Abraham, after his poor showing in the Super Six Tournament, especially against Ward and Dirrell. Sturm is now calling out Abraham, its a faux call out though in my opinion.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Robert got his title back on a TKO. The ref asked the doctor to check on Abraham's left eye which was closed shut absent of blood. Funny, I never saw that happen before.

Robert had won all 4 rounds by unloading on Abraham who was defending himself through his peek a boo defense. Strategy was clear, Robert was to unload on Abraham and hope a shot(s) wound land or stop the fight, which happened. Abraham was content on wheathering the storm and looking to stop Robert in the late rounds which I think would have happened. In round 3 Robert was staggered then came back and landed a crisp right hand that closed Abraham's left eye.

Good win for Stieglitz. Abraham just got caught with a right that closed his eye. He should have a couple of more fights left in him.

Last edited:

Gibbon

Guru
Abrams looked terrible in the fight. Listless. Man handled. Pummeled. If he was going for a rope-a-dope strategy, it could have fooled me. He looked like a shot fighter. Heart no longer in it. Stieglitz seemed like the physically stronger fighter. I liked Abrams too back when he came to fight.

I'm a big supporter of Art Abraham, and I became a fan of his back in the mid 2000's when he was a long time world champion and had put together a string of fantastic KO wins over fighters like Kingsley Ikeke, Elvin Ayala, Khoren Gevor, Mahir Oral, and Edison Miranda. Probably the best moment of his career was in 2010 when he brutally knocked out American Negro Jermain Taylor on Showtime in a highly anticipated match. From there it all went downhill though, a DQ loss to Dirrell, a lopsided decision loss to Froch, a competitive loss to Ward, and now this loss to Stieglitz.

I'm also a big supporter of Robert Stieglitz, I have him on my facebook and he's a great guy! He's a very tough guy as well, and he's a guy thats been around boxing for a while now, so its nice to see him get a big win and raise his star profile in Germany. He doesn't quit, has some excellent boxing skills and what I like most about him is his punch output, he's a great volume puncher. Congrats to Robert on the win! He deserves it and its great that he is a world champion again! This is a great win for Robert.

It's been suggested there will now be a third fight, since both fighters have won 1. I'm leaning towards Stieglitz in that match! Stieglitz has some great boxing skills and keeps coming, he should outwork and overwhelm Abraham again.

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
This is the third Steiglitz/Abraham fight. The first Ab won by UD. The second, Ab did not punch for 3 rounds, got pounded and bombed on, got a swollen eye, and then the ref stopped it in the 4th. In the press conference that I saw for this fight Ab looked relaxed and happy, while Steig seemed ill at ease. Maybe that's just the way he is? Steig can move and box a little more than Ab, but not much more. I expect a war this time with Ab fighting back. Who wins? Flip a coin.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This is a win or die fight for Arthur. If he doesn't win or look competitive its time to call it a career. He has to start early or he will lose. I want him to win, but if he loses I will feel great for Stieglitz.

Westside

Hall of Famer
ESPN3 will also be streaming it at 500 ET.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Abraham won by split decision. Kinda surprised at that. Anyone catch that one. Hopefully it was a fair decision and no home town cooking.

Ambrose

Master
KING ARTHUR REIGNS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steiglitz expended a lot of energy in the early rounds trying desperately to take out the Abraham's tank. Steiglitz tried to blow up Artur but when that didn't work he never showed he could, like a pro ought to, just box to a win. Steiglitz is a bigger, stronger, younger 1-2 guy. But couldn't do it. Artur, who's not supposed to have any defense, showed some decent blocking, bobbing, and stepping out of trouble to sap the stupid Steiglitz's energy. Artur, as usual, came on in the later rounds with smart counter-punches and clever hooks. Artur is not just 2 years older than Steiglitz, he's been in with the best and endured many wars. In comparison Steiglitz has had it easy. Until today.

Westside

Hall of Famer
KING ARTHUR REIGNS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steiglitz expended a lot of energy in the early rounds trying desperately to take out the Abraham's tank. Steiglitz tried to blow up Artur but when that didn't work he never showed he could, like a pro ought to, just box to a win. Steiglitz is a bigger, stronger, younger 1-2 guy. But couldn't do it. Artur, who's not supposed to have any defense, showed some decent blocking, bobbing, and stepping out of trouble to sap the stupid Steiglitz's energy. Artur, as usual, came on in the later rounds with smart counter-punches and clever hooks. Artur is not just 2 years older than Steiglitz, he's been in with the best and endured many wars. In comparison Steiglitz has had it easy. Until today.

Reading the boxing forums. Close fight until rd 12, when Steiglitz was gassed and dropped by King Arthur. A good fight for him would be against Bika. That would be a war. Arthur does not have the speed or skill to beat the top SMW fighters at this point his career.

Ambrose

Master
Reading the boxing forums. Close fight until rd 12, when Steiglitz was gassed and dropped by King Arthur. A good fight for him would be against Bika. That would be a war. Arthur does not have the speed or skill to beat the top SMW fighters at this point his career.

Correct, he can't beat a bigger guy who boxes at this point. He'll just get out-pointed unless the boxer gasses. He probably just wants one more big pay day.