Ricky Hatton

Well, now all that stands in the way is money, I'm sure. Shame that Frank Warren isn't with Hatton anymore or else this fight would already be done. Either way, Hatton will be the guy to give Mayweather the fight of his life!

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Mayweather is the one who sounds nervous. This guy is a smaller version of Roy Jones Jr. Same mouth, similiar style, same career plan. Jones made a career out of carefully selecting his opponents. He did beat some excellent fighters, but in between these fights he would have 4-5 or more fights with hand picked guaranteed to loose guys.

Mayweather has done the same thing. He completely avoided Tszyu when the fight was there to be made. Hatton didn't. Hatton solved Tszyu and knocked him out. Mayweather lost the first fight with Castillo but was given the decision. In the second fight, Castillo lacked resolution, the determination to win. It was hard for him knowing he fought his best and was cheated of victory. Hatton knocked Castillo out with a body punch. Mayweather could have fought De La Hoya 4-5 years ago. He didn't, he avoided him and waited until he was more worn out before he did. There are other fighters that Mayweather could have fought and could still be fighting. He could have fought the number 1 or 2 contender in any of the organizations. If you call yourself the greatest fighter of this era one would think that fighting all comers would be a snap. Naturally being full of b.s. and bad manners that he is none of that has ever happened.

A Hatton vs. Mayweather fight has 2 aspects that make it intriguing: Black vs. White of course is the first one, fighter vs. boxer is the other. It is an easy sell for the promoters. White men, the coveted customers, will buy the ppv hoping to see the smartass black bastard get killed.

I can just see Maywather calling out to the referee: "Make him stop! Make him stop! He's hurting me... make him stop! He's cheating! He's not supposed to punch so much!

Kaptain

Master
It's laughable that Mayweather is accussing Hatton of excessive holding. Seems like some HBO announcers love doing the same thing anytime a white guy throughly beats up his black opponent. I saw the Hatton-Castillo fight and Hatton did all he could to avoid a clinch. Of course, Lederman still accused him of holding just like he accusses Vlad of the same thing. Forcing your way inside and throwing punches is NOT holding.

The black run and hold method is exactly how pretty-boy has fought his whole career. That's why his fights are so boring.

cslewis1

Guru
White Shogun said:

Thanks for the link. "2003 Martial Arts Digest names Troy Dorsey Fighter of the Year" --- Not too shabby. This guys' got to be in his 40's too. Started his pro boxing career in 88. Man, that's a tough mofo.