Recruiting '10: Early Look-ins

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Csonka72 said:
Anyone have data on Wisconsin?

Here's their scout.com link to their commits. http://wisconsin.scout.com/a.z?s=193&p=9&c=8&yr=2010

They signed2 white OL Robby Havenstein and Dallas Lewallen, 2 others Kyle Costigan and Joe Mcnamara could play either side
1 for sure DT in Beau Allen.
1 converted MLB Konrad Zagzebski could play DE in college. Jake Irwin will play DE
1 QB Joe Brennan
2OLB Cody Byers and Cameron Ontko,Ahigh school HB who will play OLB in college (The first words on his ESPN page are: Ontko is a gritty runningback who will play OLB in college, you know he's white)
3 mixed players.
Overall not a bad class up front and at linebacker. UW refuses to recruit white skill position players which really pisses me off. The only guys that play the taboo positions are walk-ons, who are usually exceptionally good. I have no clue how players like Luke Swan, Jim Leonhard, Chris Maragos and countless others had to walk-on instead of receiving scholarships..
Edited by: celticdb15

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That is what irks me about Wisconsin too, Celtic. They are fair to whites at QB, FB, TE, OL, DL, and LB, but they act like there isn't one white skill position player worthy of getting a scholarship. At least they actively recruit white DTs, the 2nd most caste position on defense.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
That is what irks me about Wisconsin too, Celtic. They are fair to whites at QB, FB, TE, OL, DL, and LB, but they act like there isn't one white skill position player worthy of getting a scholarship. At least they actively recruit white DTs, the 2nd most caste position on defense.

Yes it's very refreshing to UW actively recruit White D-linemen. Over the next couple of season it could be a white out at those positions!!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Good news, from Nebraska's roster, it looks like they'll be moving new commit Tyler Evans to WR. Given Nebraska's horrible recievers last year, Evans should be in direct competition for playing time right away. In addition, walk-on WRs Dillion Schrodt and Tyler Wullenwaber should be in competition too.

Also, Nebraska gave QB Bronson Marsh a grayshirt offer, so when he starts next spring, the 'Husker coaches plan to start Marsh at safety.

Here is a tiny blurb about Wullenwaber from Scout.com. I'm not a member, so this is all I could get.

When people talked about the scholarship side of the 2010 class for Nebraska they noted a real lack of a game changer on the offensive side of the ball. One of the things that always gets overlooked when it comes to Nebraska's recruiting classes is the walk-on class. A name that could fill that void is Tyler Wullenwaber from Utica (Nebr.) Centennial.
Edited by: Jack Lambert

It looks like Jim Tressell is moving towards a coal-black West Virginia type team. Out of 19 scholarships given, only 4 to white players!
smiley11.gif
Apparently a team like the 2002 National Champions just can't cut in today's college football. 1 white LB, one white DE, a kicker, and a QB. That's it! No white WRs like Gonzalez, Hartline, and Sanzenbacher. I guess those guys just weren't athletic enough.

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=1&school=56&year=2010#page1

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
It looks like Jim Tressell is moving towards a coal-black West Virginia type team. Out of 19 scholarships given, only 4 to white players!
smiley11.gif
Apparently a team like the 2002 National Champions just can't cut in today's college football. 1 white LB, one white DE, a kicker, and a QB. That's it! No white WRs like Gonzalez, Hartline, and Sanzenbacher. I guess those guys just weren't athletic enough.

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=1&school=56&year=2010#page1

...Then Jim Tressell will (also) be moving towards mediocrity!
smiley21.gif