Recent BUSTS

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let’s try and assemble a consensus CF All Time Bust List. As @Don Wassall mentioned in The Tampa thread, I’m sick of the same recycled lists. It would be cool to put ours out there and see if we could get it trending.

Perhaps break it down by position? Doesn’t matter how we assemble it let’s just get to it.

I’ll start with Jamarcus Russell, he’s gotta be up there!

Oh man where to start. There are so many! I'll try to get together my top 10 busts at every position since 2010 (even that won't cover it though).

What should we qualify as a bust? 1st rounders? 1+2nd round or 1st,2nd, 3rd round picks?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Oh man where to start. There are so many! I'll try to get together my top 10 busts at every position since 2010 (even that won't cover it though).

What should we qualify as a bust? 1st rounders? 1+2nd round or 1st,2nd, 3rd round picks?
Ha maybe we do first list with 1st rounders. 51 pages of Busts so there will be plenty of ammunition for our lists…

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If we're serious about doing this, and it'll take some time as there's so many candidates at each position, a separate thread might be best otherwise it'll just get buried and quickly forgotten as this one continues to grow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Third round pick just last year:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Cardinals plan to cut EDGE Myjai Sanders “barring a last-minute offer.”
Sanders was drafted in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft. The second-year pass rusher has yet to play this season, but totaled 23 tackles and three sacks in 13 games as a rookie. Sanders was designated to return from injured reserve less than a week ago, making the team’s decision to part ways with him an interesting one. We’ll see if any team opts to swoop in and take a flier on a pass rusher who can likely be had at a discounted rate.

jphoss

Mentor
Third round pick just last year:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Cardinals plan to cut EDGE Myjai Sanders “barring a last-minute offer.”
Sanders was drafted in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft. The second-year pass rusher has yet to play this season, but totaled 23 tackles and three sacks in 13 games as a rookie. Sanders was designated to return from injured reserve less than a week ago, making the team’s decision to part ways with him an interesting one. We’ll see if any team opts to swoop in and take a flier on a pass rusher who can likely be had at a discounted rate.
His draft profile has all the expected buzz words- “quick and twitchy feet, sudden hands, loose hips!” Although to be fair under weaknesses the scout mentions his “slender hips” as a cause for concern. I’m starting to think these “scouts” just come up with word salads to make it seem like they know what they’re talking about

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Sudden hands - sounds like an issue for Human resources.

Oily hips - holy homoerotic comment Batman!

What a bunch of pathetic losers

Warhawk_46

Master
Drives me nuts how many black players bust and yet are given chance after chance after chance…

And yet a guy like Ryan Nall, who led the preseason in rushing, gets blacklisted. Or Max Borghi who is clearly the type of running back thriving in the NFL doesn’t even get a sniff…

Or veterans retreads get opportunity upon opportunity and a guy like Rex Burkhead, instrumental in Super Bowl wins, gets forgotten about.

jphoss

Mentor
It’s always fun to look back and see if there were any warning signs that these guys could be a bust and with Marshall there are a few- From his draft profile he “has great combination of height, speed, and weight” yet under cons he “has great timed speed but doesn’t always play fast” color me shocked. Also “uses the same stutter-skip setup….allows press coverage too easily…needs to work on finishing routes…lacks focus”. Sheesh sounds like this guy isn’t really that great of a wr but just a big body who got hyped up. Let’s check in on his recruiting ranking- The #1 overall wr ranked coming out of hs even though he barely played his senior year with an ankle injury!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It’s always fun to look back and see if there were any warning signs that these guys could be a bust and with Marshall there are a few- From his draft profile he “has great combination of height, speed, and weight” yet under cons he “has great timed speed but doesn’t always play fast” color me shocked. Also “uses the same stutter-skip setup….allows press coverage too easily…needs to work on finishing routes…lacks focus”. Sheesh sounds like this guy isn’t really that great of a wr but just a big body who got hyped up. Let’s check in on his recruiting ranking- The #1 overall wr ranked coming out of hs even though he barely played his senior year with an ankle injury!
Never ending mythical upside!

jphoss

Mentor

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t draft half these corners that have been selected in the 1st Rd past 10 years! Outside of WR, I’d say CB has the highest amount of BUSTS. Though the sumo push is giving them a run for their money..

*Seems like Florida has been cranking out DB BUSTS for years now!

Tannehill17

Mentor
I wouldn’t draft half these corners that have been selected in the 1st Rd past 10 years! Outside of WR, I’d say CB has the highest amount of BUSTS. Though the sumo push is giving them a run for their money..

*Seems like Florida has been cranking out DB BUSTS for years now!
Which school would you say produces the most sumo busts? Alabama maybe?

jphoss

Mentor
A lot from SEC in general I’d say, but we’re not supposed to notice.
LSU has plenty but yes the entire sec has fat slow sumos that cuck scouts, coaches, and dwf have convinced themselves are athletic good players

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Darnell Savage, huge BUST at Safety!

Darnell Savage was one of the heroes of the Packers' victory over the Cowboys in the wild-card round, but it has otherwise been a tough season for the former first-round pick.

In the loss to San Francisco, Savage dropped a potential pick-six, got beaten in coverage by George Kittle for a touchdown, and missed a tackle on Christian McCaffrey's touchdown run.

Savage struggled in coverage this season. According to Pro Football Reference, he allowed a career-high 78.3 completion percentage, with quarterbacks earning a 106.9 passer rating in his coverage. It was Savage's third straight season allowing a passer rating above 100. He also had a missed-tackle percentage of 13.6, almost tying his career-worst.

Savage missed seven games due to injury and struggled for consistency when he played. The Packers should start over at the safety position this offseason, which likely means moving on from Savage, who is an unrestricted free agent.

Three of the Packers' starting safeties from this season will hit free agency in March: Savage, Jonathan Owens, and Rudy Ford. They may opt to bring one of them back and then turn to the draft. However, general manager Brian Gutekunst isn't afraid to completely start over at a position, as we've seen at tight end and wide receiver over the past couple of offseasons.

All 3 of those Safeties stink. But if you “look” the part they will let any a**hole play back there.

Snow Plow

Guru
The first sign was the ((media)) hyping up a CU receiver LOL. 2nd is the dumbass is named Laviska. Sounds like a really high IQ first name to me!
Are you sure this guy is a bust? Listen to the espanol!