Playoffs Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Clark could easily gain over 1,000 yards receiving if utilized properly, but the way the Colts offense is structured he's probably destined to only occasionally have a big game.

I've believed for a long time that plenty of big, strong white fullbacks (and probably some linebackers too) could better the annual league average of 4.0 yards per rush, even without having great running skills. The Steelers fullback, Dan Kreider, is unbelievably strong. He was an accomplished runner in college at New Hampshire. With a fullback blocking for him, he would average over 4 yards a rush even if he just bulled straight ahead without attempting to do anything else. But he can do a lot more than that as he knows how to run. He's had all of five rushing attempts this season.

Very few black tailbacks run hard. Almost all will run out of bounds rather than hit a defender and get a few extra yards. Running out of bounds without making contact was unheard of until Franco Harris "invented" it. As noted recently by jaxvid, a lot of offensive stats are inflated because of poor and/or non-existent tackling, not because the runners and receivers are so magnificent. Edited by: Don Wassall

IceSpeed

Guru
Where have all the fullbacks gone? When did teams go to one
primary running back. Fullbacks used to be a second running
back. Now they are an undersized offensive lineman. What
happened to the Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside combos. Fullbacks
hardly ever get the ball. Especially if they are
white.

Spooge

Guru
While watching Curtis I heard the same old line from the anouncers. Curtis would make a great catch and the anouncers would laud the offensive sceme, or Bolger's ability. But when a black reciever caught the ball, well that was another story. Ya know, Joe Thiesman is about the worst when it comes to praising blacks and not acknowledging white NFL players. Gee you would think he could remember his old Superbowl winning teams (with many of the skill players being white.) And on that note perhaps Joe Gibbs may want to pick up some white possesion recievers and a solid running back in the Riggins mode.

Ah Spooge, you beat me to it. Curtis would indeed make a great catch, a standout play - and it was the "...offensive scheme," that gets the credit. Indeed, Ernest Borgnine would no doubt have been able to make those plays, as the scheme was so perfect a no talent like Curtis was able to excel.

JD074

Master
Gee you would think he could remember his old Superbowl
winning teams (with many of the skill players being white.)

The retired white players are just as bad- or worse- than
anyone else. They think that the great white players of their
time were slow and inferior to the black athletes of today. Even
if they played alongside great white RBs and WRs, they toe the
line and embrace the caste system wholeheartedly. They have
little to no comprehension of today's talented white players.
They can't even imagine those athletes comparing favorably to
blacks.

It's so frustrating when you think about it. Someone could
come to this website and learn more about how good white
athletes are in a week or two than most of these "experts"-
many of whom have spent decades of their lives involved in
sports- have learned their entire lives. The problem could be
so easily corrected if people were just a little more educated.
But I guess that's just too much to ask for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Frank Gifford made a comment while he was doing the Monday Night games to the effect of "what wonderful athletes blacks are." There's more than a little irony there, because that's what many football fans thought of Gifford when he played.

I am sure there are former players, perhaps many, who are appalled at how the game is played today and the extinction of whites at so many positions, but all Americans have learned to keep quiet about certain issues. The occasional person who forgets the taboo issues in sports or who speaks from alcohol-fueled carelessness is always ritually and publicly punished as a reminder to everyone else not to step out of line.

A player that the media has wanted to join the ranks of the old-timers for some time now is Brett Favre. Although he never brings the subject up himself, he is continuously asked about retirement and has been since he was 30 years old, which is still young for a quarterback.

Most star quarterbacks can start and play effectively until they are 37 or 38. Look at the two who should be going into the Hall of Fame this year. Dan Marino was anything but a conditioning warrior yet still was great until he was 38. Steve Young played until he was 38 and was a great athlete whose career was shortened by concussion problems.

Favre is only 35, and he is the most durable quarterback in NFL history, yet he is dogged by retirement questions. I don't think anyone will be asking Vick and Culpepper if they are ready to retire when they turn 30. Favre should play as long as he wants and then bring the subject up himself when he's good and ready.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/10612735.h tm Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Right Don. The only athletes you hear from are the ones that have been well conditioned to avoid any mention of race and to compliment black athletes endlessly and to insult white athletes with impunity. Natural selection has taken its toll and the only sport media figures left are all on the same page.

When I was a child, I saw Frank Gifford play for the Giants on TV. He was what was called a "Triple Threat." At running back, he could throw the option pass, and was an excellent receiver. After sitting out the 1961 season (the Bednarik hit) he came back in 1962 as a WR. He often made spectacular catches in critical situations.

At USC, Gifford was a single wing tailback. He was both the main runner and passer in that type offense. Yes, Gifford was considered a fantastic athlete in his own time.

cxt7

Guru
I have this bad feeling that the falcons are going to the super bowl, on a local talk show they were talking about how the nfl would love to see a vick vs manning showdown, old style pocket passer vs the new future qb, I hope this is just talk because the refs and money can determine the outcome of any football game. I want the rams and patriots or steelers. I like the colts with manning and stokley but if a black head coach wins the super bowl it will considered a top achievement, and the media will run with it as a top story.Edited by: cxt7

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Curtis 57 yard TD catch, On the replay the announcer says it was the receiver on the other side that was responsible for the play. He ran a route.

Rams run defense sucks. Vick is throwing miserably, Rams should have picked him off 3 times already.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I missed the first half of the first quarter. The first play I saw was a third down catch by Curtis. Moose Johnston said, "And Curtis is off to a good start." I figured then he had done something spectacular.

The Rams defense is beyond horrible. There's a bunch of incredibly cheesy, soft defenses in the league now, all of them all-black or with just one white starter.

IceSpeed

Guru
Leave it to poor coverage by black defensive backs to give a black
receiver an easy touchdown. The touchdown by Holt came just as
the announcers were complimenting Curtis. The guy was almost a
firefighter?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Duckett and Vick "self-tackled" themselves on almost back to back plays, the amazing but never remarked upon proclivity of blacks to stumble and fall for no discernible reason. After Vick stumbled and fell, he signaled to the ref that the ball should be dead where he fell even though no defender touched him. Apparently he still hasn't learned that the rule that applied when he played at Virginia Tech no longer applys!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I just saw a replay of Vick's long 1st quarter run. Why did he go out of bounds??? There was no one in front of him. On the half time show Jones says: Vick is superman! Am I watching another game? Vick has done almost nothing. It's been all Dunn and a big return plus the Rams defense is horrible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If there was anything remotely approaching fairness in the NFL, Isaac Bruce obviously would have played his last game as the number two receiver for the Rams. Curtis has had two big games in a row, and now, starting in place of Bruce, has well over 100 yards at the half including a huge touchdown catch. Let's hope Martz plugs him in as a starter next season. He'll be in his third season, why wait any longer?

Just as Stokley's on the best team he could be on to thrive, so is Curtis.

Looks like the Rams need an entirely new defense and "special" team. Or maybe the black players are disheartened because Bulger and Curtis have been the team's stars so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, better luck next year, Rams. Let's hope Martz stays on even though so many know-nothing fans hate him.

Patrick Kearny, Brady Smith and Keith Brooking have all played great games. Travis Hall has had a good game too when he's in there. Ya gotta look at the bright side with this one -- the offensive stars for the Rams have been white, as have the defensive stars for the Falcons. But I'm sure 98% of what he hear about this game will center around you know who. . .Edited by: Don Wassall

Kaptain

Master
Funny it took the playoffs, some desperation, and an injury for the Rams to finally utilize Curtis. Did anyone notice the halftime highlights and the only touchdown not shown was, of couse, the on caught by Curtis.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I know I am paranoid about it but it seems as if big plays by white players are not given as much attention. I rarely see the over-and-over replay's as is done with the black players. Also they don't seem to show the white guys on the bench as much. A lot of the white players never get any close-ups but you see alot of the big-afro-corn-row-dread-locked-rag-wearing thugs.

As KP mentioned above, I tuned into the Lions/Colts Thankgiving game this year at halftime saw the big score and didn't know until the third quarter that Stokely had made all those great plays. I thought Harrison had made all the TD's. That's all they showed.

G

Did anyone catch when they introudced the falcons defense that they focused on the black players, not the two with pro bowlers?

speedster

Mentor
Your not paranoid jaxvid,white players don't focus so much on their post touchdown celebrations like black guys and they don't pose for the camera,so the cameras shows these fools doing their thing.It's all about image and show with pro sports these days.

IceSpeed

Guru
I wonder if Stokley will get to make some big plays. Last year
vs. the Pats, he was neutralized by Eugene Wilson and Manning rarley
looked his way. This year, Stokley is a different player.
He should exploit many weaknesses in the Patriots secondary with Ty Law
out.

IceSpeed

Guru
Harisson is a tough player, but Stokley can take him. Stokley has
moves and the Pats' secondary will just be looking for the Marvin
Harisson and Wayne. Look for some quick slants to Stokley.