Playoffs Thread

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brett Favre is amazing. Enjoy what is left of his career. The only guy even close to his talent i.m.o. is Manning. I really enjoyed watching him light up the cowboys. Next weekend will be fun with Brees vs Favre. Two of the best qb's anywhere.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Dallas laid an egg. Only one playoff game has been competitive, and it was marred by questionable officiating. Is it just me or does Baltimore have an anemic WR corps? Flacco can really throw lasers, too bad he is hindered by an offense that is not geared to take advantage of his talents.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Danny Woodhead will get the ball more in this chargers/jets game, he just had a screen pass thrown to him on 3rd and 10, unfortunately the defense saw it coming and had several defenders there and stopped him.Edited by: dwid

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
LOL! glad you got a laugh Bear Backer, reading your post made me laugh. Must be a silly day.Heal fast.

Bear Backer

Mentor
WHITE NOISE said:
LOL! glad you got a laugh Bear Backer, reading your post made me laugh. Must be a silly day.Heal fast.

Only thing good about it is that I have a built in excuse for work for the next few days. I needed a break anyway as my boss has had a hair up her butt since one of the other PT's got another job and her boss hasn't got around to replacing him yet.

I can't really put much weight on my ankle at all right now. I kind of alternate between sitting and standing at work. I could actually do most of my work for the most part, sitting if I wanted to, but I do have to be at least somewhat mobile to get around for equipment. I also have to at times work with patients who have trouble standing or walking so I can't be hobbling around myself.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Four white safeties playing in the Jets-Chargers game, though only two are "official" starters.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's so gay that girls now also have to be recognized as national punt, pass and kick winners. More gynocratic Cultural Marxist nonsense.

Pie

Guru
I like how all the boy winners were white though.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Nick Mangold got fat.
smiley19.gif

Watching the Saints' yesterday, I noticed that Sedrick Ellis also balooned-up.

Highlander

Mentor
Don, I agree. As soon as I saw there were girl winners (equally represented, too, in numbers) in that contest, I had to roll my eyes and make a sarcastic comment. The radical Feminist movement of the early 70's has become mainstream and unquestioned today.

Oh well, these girls will most likely be wearing burkas in about twenty years in this country anyway if things stay as they are.

On a brighter note, I haven't seen one of those violence-against-men (White men, of course) ads from Budweiser in a while now. Maybe my email to them had some sort of affect, although I doubt it.

Edited by: Highlander

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hey Weddle got his name mentioned. How nice. Of course it was for a missed tackle. I can't remember the last time an announcer mentioned the guy that blew a tackle. I guess Weddle's career is over now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the new Bud Light commercials are more innocuous, though every one still features a White man as thebuffoon or idiot or victim.Corporations do notice complaints, even if they aren't always personally acknowledged. They know that if someone takes enough time to figure out how to write them, then a lot of other consumers and potential consumers most likely feel the same way. Edited by: Don Wassall

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The 3 whiter teams won so far but I realy hope the Chargers can pull it out. The Jets only start 4 whites (including Sanchez) but San Diego started 7 today.

Personally, I'd rather see the Chargers in the Super Bowl rather than the Colts. Both start 7 whites but Indy has that coal black defense and their quota coach.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind the Jets winning because I think the Colts match up better against them. At least I hope so.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Oh well, the Chargers missed 3 field goals and thier butterfingered receivers didn't help matters much.

On the bright side, the Colts should stop the Jets next week.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Jets pretty much went with 3 white starters on defense today no matter how they were officially designated-- Leonhard, Smith and DeVito.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Jax, that reminds me of the Cardinals-Saints game yesterday. A lot of the Cards' affletes were missing tackles, but their was only one Cardinals player who had his name mentioned for a missed tackle, and that was Monty Beisel. Gee, I wonder why he got his name mentioned when his teammates were ignored for the Cardinal's horrible effort on defense.
smiley5.gif

Edit: Here is one of the Bud Light commercials that make the white guy look like a buffoon.
smiley11.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkQ99AASIDwEdited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nate Kaeding was the goat for the Chargers. Too bad because he's one of the best.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Weddle was the leading tackler for the Chargers today with 8 solo tackles and 1 sack. I am glad he is doing so well in the league. Also Leonhard's interception sealed the deal for the Jets. NFL coaches should take note that playing whites on defense helps you not hurts you.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Also did anyone hear during the Jets-Chargers game that there are 30 Samoans in the NFL? I was just watching 60 minutes and they said that a Samoan kid has a 56 times greater chance of getting in the NFL than any other kid in the US. Kind of makes ya think.

Tom Iron

Mentor
jaxvid,

Phil Simms corrected that about Weddle a little later in the game. It wasn't him that missed that tackle on Greene.

Also, it was Hester who partially blocked that punt by the Jets.

Heckofa game. I actually watched it.

Tom Iron...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Also did anyone hear during the Jets-Chargers game that there are 30 Samoans in the NFL?  I was just watching 60 minutes and they said that a Samoan kid has a 56 times greater chance of getting in the NFL than any other kid in the US.  Kind of makes ya think.

Yep, they were hyping tonight's "60 Minutes" episode glorifying Somoans looking to make it into the NCAA & NFL.
smiley21.gif