Peyton Hillis

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well, as you guys pointed out- the only way to go from last season is up! The NFL is run by pure caste hound morons though. To any logical person, the best situation for the Browns would be to split carries between scat-back Jerome Harrison (he looked great at the end of last year) and power-back Peyton Hillis (he looked phenomenal at the end of 2008). A team could never prepare for both styles. Hillis should start the whole first quarter at tailback to tire the opposing defense out- and then Jerome Harrison should see most, not all, of the PT in the 2nd and 3rd quarters- and then Hillis should finish off the game in the 4th quarter. Or they could simply go back and forth every two series they control the ball.

I won't expect anything though- from the corrupt "company man" NFL. Is Holmgren the coach in Cleveland now or am I mistaken? That guy is a pure caste loser- he takes control of his team by psychologically beating down white players and appeasing the blacks. I wouldn't expect Hillis to get 15-20 carries and a few receptions a game- even though he deserves it. Never get too hopeful, because usually you will find yourself EVEN MORE disappointed!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Holmgren is the GM, Mangini is still the head coach.
One of the positive things about it is that Cleveland's RB situation was in flux all season. Harrison was never viewed as a feature back, but he ended up that way by attrition due to injuries and Jamal Lewis being washed up (as he was also in 2008). Harrison seems to be best suited as a third down back.

Best scenario is Hillis taking over Lewis's role as the main back. Next best scenario is being used as an "Alstott type" and maybe more depending on how the other backs do and if they stay healthy or not.

Browns fans really took to Cleveland native Joe Jurevicius when he was there and they should take to Hillis like many of the fans did in Denver. With Toby Gerhart getting a fair amount of respect, I believe even among the DWFs there are many who are tired of only seeing blacks running the ball season afterseason.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Hillis could definitely be the main guy. I think though, with the wear and tear NFL games put on RBs these days (with 350 lb. lineman) that we see very few 20+ carry a game guys anymore. Chris Johnson led the league as the only 2,000 yard back- with 22 carries a game, Adrian Peterson "only" got 20 carries a game. Hillis could find a long successful career as the starting power-back getting 15-20 carries and catching a few balls per game- with Harrison, Jennings or Davis getting 10-15 carries a game. It would be the best scenario that could logically happen for us this year- as Hillis proves himself "yet again" and his carries increase. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If Toby is successful, I'm sure people will realize that Hillis has lots of the same tools as Toby, Beanie Wells, Marion Barber, Corey Dillon and others. And we won't hear the,
"Any tailback can be successful in that zone blocking system",
that we heard from some DWFs when Hillis was in Denver.

White Power

Mentor
Whatever he gets it is still better than playing for the caste Queer in Denver. He will get some carries I'm not sure how many, but at least he escapes the supression of dumb ass and his band of thugs. Also you don't trade a former 1st round pick to another team for a player you don't expect to play for your team . Even in the NFL that makes no sense. I suspect that Hillis's agent made this trade possible. Remember Hillis had his breakout game against Cleveland when he picked up a 1st down on 4th down when he was hit in the backfield. The Browns fans will remember and embrace him from the start.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
White Power said:
Also you don't trade a former 1st round pick to another team for a player you don't expect to play for your team . Even in the NFL that makes no sense. I suspect that Hillis's agent made this trade possible. Remember Hillis had his breakout game against Cleveland when he picked up a 1st down on 4th down when he was hit in the backfield. The Browns fans will remember and embrace him from the start.

Exactly. Why (even the rediculously senseless caste NFL) would a team ditch former 1st round pick Brady Quinn after 9-10 games played just to get a human battering ram-type fullback? This might very well work out for both Quinn and Hillis.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tough, I share your opinion about not seeing many more 20+ carry a game RBs, but I believe this development has been caused more by the lack of competition and endurance that black RBs have in the Caste era NFL. They don't play as tough as they used to because they don't have to. They have the position all to themselves. I don't believe the prodigious weight of the negro blubbermakers on the line has that much to do with it either. Black RBs, by and large, just aren't what they used to be. They have become soft.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
Tough, I share your opinion about not seeing many more 20+ carry a game RBs, but I believe this development has been caused more by the lack of competition and endurance that black RBs have in the Caste era NFL. They don't play as tough as they used to because they don't have to. They have the position all to themselves. I don't believe the prodigious weight of the negro blubbermakers on the line has that much to do with it either. Black RBs, by and large, just aren't what they used to be. They have become soft.

smiley123.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That's good analysis on black RBs Colonel. I'm sure Hillis could manage 20-25 carries a game and be VERY successful "if a team decided to do that". The guy's built like a tank- and his injury was a freak situation as the Youtube clip of it shows. I just don't see a team deciding to do this with him in today's NFL unfortunately, but hopefully Hillis' carries will increase as he proves himself "yet again". I'm trying to find solace with the best case scenario here.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From the Denver Post:

The End of the Hillis Era

Has a player with only 397 career rushing yards ever developed a cult following like Peyton Hillis?

Maybe so, but I can't think of any.

In two short seasons here in Denver, Hillis managed to become one of the team's most popular players with Broncos fans. There was even a billboard on Colfax with Hillis giving a Mile High Salute.

Broncos fans loved Hillis because he was gritty and tough. They loved his hard-hitting running style and loved that he picked up the tradition of the end zone salute. They loved that he scored two touchdowns in his first start at tailback against Atlanta in 2008, and loved that he rushed for 129 yards in a win on the road, and in the rain, against the New York Jets.

With 343 yards, Hillis was the team's leading rusher in 2009.

But Hillis never found his niche in Josh McDaniels' offense in 2009, and it certainly didn't help that Hillis fumbled a couple of times early in the season and failed to covert a short yardage opportunity early in the season at Oakland. He had only 13 carries, for 54 total yards, last season. But he generated far more interest â€" I easily received more emails and Twitter messages about Hillis than any other Bronco last year â€" and the most passionate fan base.

And now, Hillis' time as a Bronco is over â€" he's heading to Cleveland as part of the trade that is bringing QB Brady Quinn to Denver â€" and is probably for the best. Hillis never climbed past No. 3 on Denver's running back depth chart last year (and didn't even get carries late in the year when both Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter were banged up), and there was no reason to believe that would change in 2010.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/14/the-end-of-the-hillis-era/ Edited by: Don Wassall

foobar75

Master
I'm glad to see Hillis finally leave that hellhole and get a fresh start. I agree that there's nowhere but to go up next year, considering 2009 was a lost season for him. But since we all entered last year with such high expectations and got burned, I'll be guardedly optimistic for 2010.

This ESPN article actually echoes the sentiments here at CF:

Hillis will also be getting a fresh start.

He went from starting tailback under coach Mike Shanahan in 2008 to forgotten fullback under McDaniels, who adamantly refused to use him even though rookie running back Knowshon Moreno frequently came up short in short-yardage situations.

McDaniels insisted that the problems were on the line and not in the backfield and that he'd rather give the ball to his top draft pick. With Spencer Larsen banged up for much of the season, McDaniels said his hands were often tied because he didn't want to risk running Hillis, who was often his only available fullback.

Hillis had just 13 carries for 53 yards last season. He was inactive for two games, once to attend his grandmother's funeral in November. He also returned four kicks.

The 240-pound bone-rattler energized the Broncos in 2008 when he emerged during an injury epidemic among the team's tailbacks and ran for a team-high 343 yards and scored six touchdowns before tearing his right hamstring against Kansas City in December.

The Browns seemed to have found their No. 1 tailback late last season in Jerome Harrison, who finished with a team-high 862 yards rushing. But veteran Jamal Lewis, second on the team in rushing, was released last month, which could provide an opening for Hillis to be the power complement to the small and quick Harrison.

So Hillis gets another chance in Cleveland while Quinn tries to jump-start his career in Denver.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
The lack of durability or running backs could be due to steroids and bigger and stronger linebackers and safeties. In baseball for all the good steroids did for the freakish home run hitters. So many of them broke down from roids, the trade off hasn't been worth it. Linebackers that were 210 to 220 in the Lambert era are now 240 to 250. Safeties that were 190 to 200 in the Dick Anderson era are now 220 to 230. As for the Mount Cody's of the world they could pancake a running back, picture the scene from Party Animal where Pondo Sinatra is trampled by a herd of large women....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

white is right

Hall of Famer
I agree with Riggins that there is no way Quinn who is still viewed as viable prospect would be traded for essentially 53rd man on the roster type. Cleveland will use Hillis as least as a Leonard Weaver type.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great news. Yes Washington would have been better but I am still very happy about this move. This kid needs a fresh start. They will love him in Cleveland!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Perusing some Browns boards, I see that Cleveland fans don't share the view of some Denver fans that Peyton is an acceptable starting running back in the league. Tommy Vardell and Toby Gerhart comparisons run rampant, as everyone on these blogs see him as a fullback/H-back.

In terms of fan support, I don't think Cleveland is the best place he could have landed. In terms of actual starting opportunity, if the coaches are fair and give him a shot to earn a job, I think Cleveland looks a little better. But I think we all know what the chances of that are.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
PB, the Browns boards are obviously chalk'd-full of DWFs (if they're calling Hillis a FB). Given the chance, Hillis will take the starting RB job. Those Cleveland (DWF) candy@$$es need to let off the "afflete's" jock straps already!
smiley21.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's hardly a surprise that Caste clown Mike Lombardi is a fan of Eminem:

I'm not a Brady Quinn fan and have been writing for weeks that the Browns would dump him. Yesterday's trade with the Broncos for fullback Peyton Hillis was basically a dump. Yes, I know some fans might think Hillis is a valuable commodity, but his lack of blocking and production without the ball makes him very iffy to even make the Browns roster next season. Hillis might look good occasionally with the ball in his hands, but his lack of overall toughness without it has to be in question.

No, I'm not a Brady Quinn fan, but I'm a huge Josh McDaniels fan.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Is-LT-too-old-for-the-Jets.html

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Lombardi is a joke. Hillis wasn't on the field to "produce or show toughness without the ball." When he had chances with the ball, he did a great job. When he didn't have the ball, he was hardly on the field. He was a ghost player for most of the season; on the roster, but invisible. It was on purpose. These caste
smiley8.gif
clowns never mention the fact that a total lack of playing time/opportunity always equals a lack of production. If the coach hates you and never lets you see the field, you won't have any stats. That simple reality is evidently too complex/controversial for the caste media to touch. Can't even elude to the fact that a White athlete is being discriminated against. Instead, they just lie about the situation and say the White man isn't a good/productive player and should be gone anyway.

Can someone give a breakdown of the Brown's offensive line and how well Hillis will fit into the type of offense that they run (in the running and passing game)?

My major concern is that on such a bad team, he will struggle some early, maybe start off avg. less than 4.0 ypc, and then of course he'll have the plug pulled on him and all the fans and media will turn on him; which they wouldn't do if he were black, of course.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dog Pound fans are as rabid and drunk as they get. Seeing this new story it seems like the die is already cast for Hillis. I love how the Italian-American sellout says he looks good occasionally with the ball. He only had about 15 touches all season how could he look good beyond that?Edited by: white is right

TwentyTwo

Master
Stoked he left Denver...after signing Fujita & Delhomme...I'm liking the Browns more this week! BTW do theBrowns play the Broncos this year?? That would be interesting to see as Hillis scores a TD...then glares back at Eminem on the sideline!

Hardly heard of this Lombardi...is that his pic with the double-chin??...he's an idiot...Peyton could beat him on his worst day...if Hillis were black the dwf's would be calling him the next powerback/ bigger Jamal Lewis...

I'm cautiously optimistic...he should be a nice compliment with Harrison...Thunder & Lightning...

Is this the start of a "caucasian invasion" at the offensive skill positions...even if it's baby steps...

Hillis...only 13 carries last year
Hester...21
Leonard...27
Woodhead...15
(FB)Hoover...20 (released early Feb. after 10 seasons)

In 16 GAME SEASON.....NO WHITE RUNNINGBACK had an AVERAGE of MORE THAN 2 carries per GAME! That's sickening!!! It get's old...This has to change...this WILL CHANGE! Hillis & Gerhart should be featured much more...making 2010 more fun to watch!

I'd be suprised if Hillis does not have 13 carries in Week #1....

I like big LT-Joe Thomas! Stienbach is athletic...Alex Mack is a young emerging talent.Edited by: TwentyTwo

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
A lot of good posts on page 24 about Hillis's move to the Browns.

I think he's going to be in a good backfield situation to get plenty of carries and show his talents as a running back.

I'd like to think that he and Toby Gerhart will show everyone that there are white men who can run the football, and this should gradually give some benefit to all young white running backs from HS to get a little better shot at D1 RB and then build a little more depth to get some standout white men to run the ball in the NFL.

Small steps, but positive ones, hopefully.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The Browns will most likely give him a shot at RB, especially since they already have a good starting FB in Lawrence Vickers. The Browns didn't trade away Quinn for a backup FB.

JReb1

Mentor
Of course Hillis isn't going to be a great blocker since he's a HB not a FB. Just as Alstott wasn't a great blocker at FB because he too was a HB forced to play FB most of the time even though he was a better RB than the majority of the starting RB's in the NFL during his career. If Hillis is given a chance in Cleveland to at least carry the ball as much as Alstott did he will quickly become a fan favorite (like he was in Denver) as the A-Train was Tampa, Alstott is still the most popular player in TB history.

Just read a Browns message board. They said Mangini had a pres conference today and said he likes Hillis as a tailback and brought up that he saw him run for 126 yards against his jets. He said he plans to use him at TB with Vickers as the lead blocker and also use him at FB with Harrison. He brought up what an excellent receiving threat Hillis is out of the backfield.

So that seems promising, although I'm not getting my hopes too high until I see it.