Peyton Hillis

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Chris Johnson had the first 2,500 all purpose yardage season for a RB. He is one of 6 NFL RBs to reach 2,000 rushing yards. He reached 2,000 yards on 5.6 yards per carry. As a rookie Johnson ran for 4.9 YPC.

It's amazing these DWF fools don't realize how good running for 5.4 YPC as a rookie STARTER is. The best career YPC for any Hall of Fame RB is 5.2 YPC by Jim Brown. Jamal Lewis posted a 5.3 YPC average in his 2,000 yard season and even the Bronco's own beloved Terrell Davis posted a 5.1 YPC average in his. I guess posting a YPC better than any HOF RB and playing with similar efficiency to Chris Johnson and actually above loved Bronco Terrell Davis in a season is good enough to get you demoted to 4th string tailback. Josh "Eminem" McDaniels is such a loser!

Josh McDaniels: "It's got to be a fluke! We can't keep playing you Mr. Hillis, to see if you continue to be as efficient as the best RB in the league...Back to the bench now Peyton- because I'm a coward!"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about Jack Corcoran of Rutgers, but ran across this interview that shows that he is a fervent believer in Caste Systembasics when it comes to himself and White "fullbacks" in the NFL:

Question: Is there a player in the NFL we can look at that compares to your playing style?

Answer: I think Jacob Hester, San Diego Chargers, or Peyton Hillis, Denver Broncos, are both comparable because they are both all around players. They are run blockers, pass protectors, and receiver threats out of the backfield.

Everything but running backs
smiley6.gif

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?action=display&id=221&title=Jack%20Corcoran%20Interview

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sad info there Don. No doubt there are tons of DWAs out there (Drunk White Athletes).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I often wonder if a guy like Jason Sehorn thinks other whites should be playing cb. I would hope so but you never know even with these former athletes. When will whites get some courage to speak up about the racism they experience?

Bear Backer

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
Sad info there Don. No doubt there are tons of DWAs out there (Drunk White Athletes).

I prefer to think of white athletes who fit that bill as Greedy White Athletes. They don't care about the caste system because they are hoping to be one of the lucky ones and profit from it. It kind of reminds of how many of the greedy global conglomo CEO's and big stockholders don't care who gets shafted as long as they get their piece of the pie. Edited by: Bear Backer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
Colonel_Reb said:

I prefer to think of white athletes who fit that bill as Greedy White Athletes. They don't care about the caste system because they are hoping to be one of the lucky ones and profit from it. It kind of reminds of how many of the greedy global conglomo CEO's and big stockholders don't care who gets shafted as long as they get their piece of the pie.

I think Delusional White Athletes is a good fit too. I almost wrote that last night, but didn't. Either way, they have serious problems. It is tough to fight the Caste System when our example athletes often buy into the myth/system. If some of them who are aware of what is going on and want to see things improve, they are going to have to grow a collective pair. What we do helps, but at some point, they are going to have to get involved in other ways than just proving themselves on the field. They are going to have to speak up.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I think Delusional White Athletes is a good fit too. I almost wrote that last night, but didn't. Either way, they have serious problems. It is tough to fight the Caste System when our example athletes often buy into the myth/system. If some of them who are aware of what is going on and want to see things improve, they are going to have to grow a collective pair. What we do helps, but at some point, they are going to have to get involved in other ways than just proving themselves on the field. They are going to have to speak up.

DWA Delusional White Athletes, I like it, maybe a new caste acronym!

I think it is less about greed then about cluelessness. Sure the money is good and that's what they are after but the whole system brainwashes them and makes them, well, delusional.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
DWA, a good acronym. And delusional they are. After all, by just toeing the line and allowing the caste system to carry-on, not are they screwing other white athletes, but they are costing themselves (not to mention the screwed other white atheletes) a ton of dough.

referendum

Mentor
Another sad aspect of what Cocoran said was the implication that they are pass receivers. If that was the case, that Hester and Hillis had in fact been used as frequent receivers like Tom Rathman was in the 1990's for the 49er's, it would be something to hope for. As it is, however, they have only been used as receivers for token amounts.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I remember Tom Rathman, he was an intregal part of the winning 49er teams. Great runner (when giving the chance) and exceptional reciever. Great player.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
Another sad aspect of what Cocoran said was the implication that they are pass receivers. If that was the case, that Hester and Hillis had in fact been used as frequent receivers like Tom Rathman was in the 1990's for the 49er's, it would be something to hope for. As it is, however, they have only been used as receivers for token amounts.
Good points, referendum. In the rare occasions that these fine players actually make it into a game, since the fullback position is little-used, the vast majority of snaps involve them helping the sumo linemen pick up blocks. Utilization as a receiver is an anomaly. Edited by: FootballDad

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rathman and Moose Johnston were great fullbacks, but they set the mold for every big White tailback since -- beef up, block like crazy, and get a pass thrown your way on occasion. Running the ball? As Jim Moron Sr. might say, "Running??? Running??? Are you crazy? Running????"

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If you want to use Delusional White Athletes (DWA) as a new "castonym," that is fine with me. I am hesitant to put down any white players, but examples like these show that some of "our" athletes aren't helping their (and our) own cause one bit.
smiley18.gif

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Or we could refer to the silent, obedient sports figure as a White Uncle Tom (WUT) or an Uncle Tom Athlete (UTA)

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Or we could refer to the silent, obedient sports figure as a White Uncle Tom (WUT) or an Uncle Tom Athlete (UTA)

Those are good too.
smiley20.gif

Colonel_Reb said:
If you want to use Delusional White Athletes (DWA) as a new "castonym," that is fine with me. I am hesitant to put down any white players, but examples like these show that some of "our" athletes aren't helping their (and our) own cause one bit. 
smiley18.gif

Yeah Reb, these guys need every bit of support we can give and none of our derision. It's hard enough to make it as it is, they don't need their best supporters bashing them, but rather guiding them in the right direction to be a star feature RB in the NFL, something that's completely possible because there are plenty of good people who can help make that happen. They are just concealed by the Jack Del Rio's of the NFL.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'd be glad to see Peyton get out of McEminem's caste hell. This would be good for Hillis.

From Rotoworld:
The Broncos are expected to target a mid-to-late round running back or a young free agent with upside this offseason.

Correll Buckhalter turns 32 in October, and the Josh McDaniels staff was a lot more hesitant to use Peyton Hillis as a runner. Beat writer Frank Schwab suspects Hillis could be "on his way out." In which case, Mike Shanahan would likely be interested in adding him to the Redskins backfield.[/qoute]

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I only wish the worst for the Denver Broncos, and pray to God they don't draft Toby Gerhart.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I hope Denver misses the playoffs for the next 15 years and loses so much fan support over the decision to hire McDaniels that the owner has to file for bankruptcy. Twenty years from now I hope the idiot owners' family is living like your average citizen would. He had everything in place for a Superbowl run- including fans that loved the first white RB with Pro Bowl ability in a long time and their coach, but lacked the sanity to stick with it. I hope he has to sell the team to be publicly traded like the GB Packers.

speedster

Mentor
The Moose and Rath were ball carriers at Syracuse and Nebraska respectively and should have gotten the rock a lot more in the NFL as well but they did catch a decent amount of passes out of the backfield.

Watcher

Hey ToughJ, do you have Hillis' official combine results? With a link? I can't find them. I'd like to see all of his dashes, not just the 40, so I could make an even better comparison to Moreno.

You wrote "And also WA33, Moreno has a 35.5 inch vertical according to NFLdraftscout"

Here's Moreno's draft page from NFL.com(the results will probably be taken down soon because of the upcoming draft):

Knowshon Moreno

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 217

Combine Results:

40 Yard Dash : 4.62 seconds

Bench Press : 25.0 reps

Vertical Jump : 25.5 inches

Broad Jump : 115.0 inches

3 Cone Drill : 6.84 seconds

20 Yard Shuttle : 4.27 seconds

60 Yard Shuttle : 11.63 seconds

Pro Day:

"He ran a 4.60 and 4.62 in the 40, but kept the rest of his workout numbers from the combine."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/19/ailing-moreno-keeps-most-numbers-from-combine/

Peyton Hillis

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 240

His official combine numbers are absent from his NFL.com combine page, and I was unable to find a reliable alternative source for them (to many conflicting reports, having different height, weight and 40 dash numbers.)

Pro Day:

RB Peyton Hillis (6-1, 237): Ran the 40 in 4.57 and 4.58, had a 35-inch vertical jump, 4.24 short shuttle , ran position drills and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else. He looked good but dropped several passes.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807755c4&template=with-video&confirm=true

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Footballsfuture.com lists the times given right after the NFL combine. The NFL electronically edits these times though- in the next couple days. NFLdraftscout's 40 times have been bogus. You check NFL.com profiles and it will say Knowshon Moreno (4.62) and then you go to NFLdraftscout and it says 4.50...I don't trust NFLdraftscout any more. I trust the original NFL combine time of Hillis listed as 4.58, rather than NFLdraftscout's time. They changed Hillis' time after he was already getting carries for the Broncos...it was more than 7 months later!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I believe the Moreno vertical jump on NFL.com is an error. It is listed as 35.5 inches on NFLdraftscout- which seems believable. I have a vertical jump of about 26/27 inches for God's sake and I run about a 5.2 or 5.3 40 at this point (about the same as Tom Brady or a typical NFL OT). I don't even have the time to work out with weights anymore, but I'm still pretty athletic.