Olympic tournament set

G

I was able to find an article on Hermann. Apparently, he retired from the national team for personal reasons.

"He feels the need to be with his family and loved ones rather than playing in the national team," Hernandez revealed to Ole Newspaper.

"He told me that basketball is only a job for him, but he explained that the national cant be considered a job, that it should be a breather, joy and pride but he doesnt feel this way anymore."

Herrmann suffered an enormous personal tragedy in 2003 when his mother, sister and girlfriend died in a car accident. The following year, Herrmann was voted most valuable player of Argentinas South American Championship winning side only to discover after the game that his father had passed away from a heart attack. He nevertheless played at the Athens Games.

"I dont want to analyse Walters mental state," Hernandez said."Walter sees it as a definite retirement, I saw him very determined but I wouldnt be so definitive. As an Argentinian, I have the hope that he will reconsider because he is young."

www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/24011/arti. html

[url]www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/24011/arti. html[/url]

KG2422

Mentor
Herrmann has gotten a raw deal in the NBA so far. He's been very productive when given a chance. He should be a starting power forward in the league somewhere. He is stronger than most power forwards and as quick as a small forward. Nocioni should still be the Bulls power forward. He plays power forward better than small forward despite being only 6'7". Scott Skiles knew that. He's very strong, aggressive and blocks out well. People forget that Barkley was only 6'4". He was a great rebounder and player whether we like him or not. Strength can allow you to give up some inches in height.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for that link KG2422. In all my years of following Dirk, I don't think I have ever seen him that emotional before. I am glad he and his country have made it in to the Olympics and wish them alot of success, hopefully at least get to the medal round.