NFL Week 2

SchaafC

Guru
I think Green Bay came into the game planning on stoping the run. Half time adjustments will expose Newton.

Riddlewire

Master
I'll give Shurmur credit for one thing.
He has developed a playbook that is designed solely to gain 2 yards per play. That's an impressive accomplishment.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if things don't change, it's going to be a loooooooooong season for Hillis. at least three things are obvious after watching Cleveland this year:

1) opposing defenses are clearly not scared of any other player on the offense than Hillis, as they are selling out to stop him and daring someone else to make a play.

2) Cleveland's coaching staff has no idea how to use their main weapons (Hillis and Moore). and by no idea, i mean completely clueless.

3) the black sumos on the o-line are simply not NFL-caliber players. period.

Last edited:

SchaafC

Guru
he was not all that last week. Did you see Fox with him in the back ground throughout the whole pregame show? what the hell was that?

Riddlewire

Master
That dumbass screen pass, even if it's successful, will never gain more than 1 yard.

Riddlewire

Master
The Browns are going to have to throw a lot more throughout the season. Because they're not going to be able to run the ball.

And why the F@#& aren't they using Hillis in the red zone?

backrow

Hall of Famer
really? you're going to run Hardesty in short yardage? jesus...

i dont ****in know what they are trying to do, it's the most frustrating thing in the world to watch them right now... run hardesty, huge hit, fumble, you give it to him AGAIN??? after he had his bell rung? then instead of just trying to bang it in, wtf was that pass, with Hillis open? McCoy ****ed up. Shurmur is an idiot.

celt14

I seriously wonder how some NFL coaches ever get to be coaches. I sometimes feel as though I am watching pee wee football coaches trying to run an NFL offense. Where do they come up with some of these stupid ideas and plays?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow. just wow. Cleveland (and Hillis) fans are in for a rough year if things don't change in a BIG way.

Pie

Guru
Brown's Offensive Coordinator: "Well, we tried running Hillis out of 4WR shotgun all day long on running downs and short yardage situations and haven't had any success. If there was only a way to pick up some hard yardage.... Wait. I got an idea that's just crazy enough to work... Put in Hardesty."

backrow

Hall of Famer
O-line without Pashos and most of all, Steinbach, is a joke. now its down to two players that can play... since Browns did NOTHING to address their passing game, the only threat is still Hillis, but he's got no chance against stacked box on every carry. he hasn't seen the second level today for crying out loud! and they do not even try and stretch the field with Moore, who's PROVEN as recently as 2 quarters ago his worth and ability? how does one explain that? why get cute instead of playing simple football that WORKS with their personnel (bad as their o-line is).

PS even the announcers are puzzled (IE. Hardesty's presence in the game on goal line carries... at least Mangini stuck with Peyton, even after he started going away from the game plan that worked).

Pie

Guru
Only 5 of Scams 19 completions are to a receiver.

It's not his fault, those receivers just keep running so far past the line of scrimmage and it gets scary and defended way out there. Better just dump it off and hope for long runs.

Riddlewire

Master
It's obvious from that little scene on the sidelines that Hillis was being "disciplined" or "given a message". The assistant coach shrugged his shoulders as if to say "I don't know why you're not on the field, man".

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
lost in the horror that is the Cleveland Browns offense at the moment is the fact that Indy quarterback Kerry Collins appears to be oblivious to the notion that Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, Blair White, and Jacob Tamme are on his team and eligible to catch passes.

as a result of ignoring his White weapons, he has thrown incompletions on approximately 10 of his last 11 throws ... all forced toward the "real" talents in the passing game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
long touchdown Hillis!

but even on that run he had to break a tackle in the backfield ...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hillis yes! Scott Chandler just got a TD pass, his third in two games.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
checking the box scores....Toby Gerhart has 2 rushes for 36yds, and 1 reception for 42 yds!

Last edited:

celt14

Hillis yes! Scott Chandler just got a TD pass, his third in two games.

In typical fashion Tyvon Branch blows the defense/coverage on that pass to Chandler. He could have easily knocked it down. Chandler makes the catch and the camera focuses on Giordiano as if he were at fault.