NFL Week 12 2008

Bart

Hall of Famer
I'm watching MNFcourtesy of my local Packer station. Nice to see White guys get a chance to touch the ball and score some TD's. Kornheiser is about as necessary astraining wheels on a Harley - just doesn't fit.Hey Tony, that comment directed toward Shockey about the jerk factor is laughable coming from you. Twit.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Can anyone tell me if Lance Moore is white? He looks to be light skinned, but its hard to know. Either way, he is playing well for the Saints, so is Shockey!

Bart

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Can anyone tell me if Lance Moore is white? He looks to be light skinned, but its hard to know. Either way, he is playing well for the Saints, so is Shockey!

I thought he was White judging from the television screen, but after checking the Saints roster pic, he looks mixed.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Well he plays white,making tough catches, always in position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lance Moore is more proof that one doesn't have to be big or fast to do well in the NFL. Moore was on the fringes of the league for a couple of years, but if he was white rather than light black he wouldn't have gotten a shot as a free agent. In fact, Moore was one of the receivers the Saints kept over Mike Hass.

white is right

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
This is somewhat off topic, however, how come whites are allowed to run the ball at fullback but not at runningback?

If whites can't be trusted with the ball, how come so many whites are fullbacks?
These fullback runs are quick hitters. Plays that are designed to get the hard yard or two. They are up the gut and generally the defense knows that a back will get the ball. These days it's about the only play a fullback has in the play book while carrying the rock.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Lance Moore is more proof that one doesn't have to be big or fast to do well in the NFL.  Moore was on the fringes of the league for a couple of years, but if he was white rather than light black he wouldn't have gotten a shot as a free agent.  In fact, Moore was one of the receivers the Saints kept over Mike Hass.<!-- Message ''"" -->

hes being called "a poor man's Wes Welker" by saints fans, its nice that fans want their players to play like White receivers, but it would be even nicer if we had a White receiver. Mike Hass would be awesome in this offense right now with Drew Brees pulling the trigger.

Bear Backer

Mentor
I threw up a little bit in my mouth while driving home from work today listening to Fox Sports Radio. They had Denny Green on and he and Chris Myers were talking about how Daunte Culpepper has seemingly energized the Detroit Lions. Yes that Michelin Man looking even more out of shape than usual Daunte Culpepper who has 5 interceptions in 3 games with a whopping 50.8 completion percentage and a 50.3 rating.
smiley11.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
I threw up a little bit in my mouth while driving home from work today listening to Fox Sports Radio. They had Denny Green on and he and Chris Myers were talking about how Daunte Culpepper has seemingly energized the Detroit Lions. Yes that Michelin Man looking even more out of shape than usual Daunte Culpepper who has 5 interceptions in 3 games with a whopping 50.8 completion percentage and a 50.3 rating.
smiley11.gif

Hard to believe anyone would make those comments. The Lions are NOT energized, in fact Culpper was benched in the 2nd half last game, hardly a sign of him energizing anything but the back-up QB! Culpper has not played well, as the stats show. BTW on a recent thread on a Lions fan forum the question asked was who would they rather have next year Micheal Vick or Matt Cassell, opinions were running 50-50.
smiley5.gif

DWFan

Mentor
Bear Backer said:
smiley11.gif

I threw up a little when I read your message and found out that Dennis Green still had a football-related paycheck--he's a radio commentator now? I don't even know how anybody could understand a word he says without being able to watch his lips.

Does anyone know how much weight Culpepper has gained in the last couple of years? I read one sports writer saying 50 lbs., but figured that was hyperbole, and I never trust the "official" stats. Haven't had the "chance" to watch any Lions games, thank God, and see him for myself.

EDIT: Read a little more carefully and saw that Green was just a guest. Acid reflux problems are over, hopefully, until I work my way to a thread about Vick coming back.Edited by: DWFan

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
on a recent thread on a Lions fan forum the question asked was who would they rather have next year Micheal Vick or Matt Cassell, opinions were running 50-50.

Then based on the Lion's perennially-abysmal record, one must conclude that Detroit's GMs and coaches have made all of their personnel decisions with input from the fans. This franchise is a wreck. I'm not sure how much farther it can fall, but we have only to wait til next year to see.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well who knows maybe they will folow the Dolphins and hire a Parcells like person to turn the franchise around!

Bear Backer

Mentor
DWFan said:
Bear Backer said:
smiley11.gif

I threw up a little when I read your message and found out that Dennis Green still had a football-related paycheck--he's a radio commentator now? I don't even know how anybody could understand a word he says without being able to watch his lips.

Does anyone know how much weight Culpepper has gained in the last couple of years? I read one sports writer saying 50 lbs., but figured that was hyperbole, and I never trust the "official" stats. Haven't had the "chance" to watch any Lions games, thank God, and see him for myself.

EDIT: Read a little more carefully and saw that Green was just a guest. Acid reflux problems are over, hopefully, until I work my way to a thread about Vick coming back.

I don't think he gets paid (then again he might, who knows) He is often a guest on "The Drive" with Chris Myers and Sean Farnham. You oughta hear when they have Derrick Deese on, LOL. He fills in for Chris Myers on occasion. Edited by: Bear Backer

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Quick note: Kyle Eckel will be active for Philadelphia's Thanksgiving day game as a RB. He may also start at FB, but nevertheless, we have a white RB token carry alert.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Same to you Bear Backer and everyone here at CF!

8_5_5.gif
110103_thanks_prv.gif

110103_ship_prv.gif
8_5_12.gif

8_5_4.gif
8_5_6.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang, I'm impressed, LenDull White has 4 yards on just 3 carries, against the Lions no less! Who would ever question the effort of this superior physical specimen? There is no reason to think that there is anything wrong with him not thinking about what is going on in today's game, especially after his unreal performance so far today.

I mean, look at him.

LenWhaleTraining.jpg

Update: LenDulljust crossed the goal lineafter a 6 yardrun that began before I started this post.

coolness11

Dave Ball with an interception and return for a touchdown! Vanden Bosch with a sack and fumble recovery! All this on the immobile Culpepper

Poacher

Mentor
Could the Lions beat Florida or Alabama or any top ten D1 school right now? I have my doubts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if the Lions could beat a good Texas high school team.

My favorite moment of the first half was when, after Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
smiley8.gif
were mentioning how Culpepper weighs 277 pounds, Simms was quick to add that Culpepper is "in shape."
smiley36.gif
Yeah, he's in the shape of the Michelin Man.