NFL Week 12 2008

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Did Spencer Larson start both ways again? I see he has 5 tackles on defense.

Congrats to the amazing Matt Cassel, the first NE QB to pass for 400+ yards in two straight games! Tom Brady has never even done this.

I'd like to see Cassel go to a team (next season) with a starting black QB...but next year there might not be any left!
smiley36.gif

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty left as they get a hundred chances before they are benched. Unfortunately we may also have to deal with the return of that "superstar" Michael Vick.Edited by: whiteathlete33

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
It's going to be hard to sit Hillis back down when the black guys start getting better.

Tom Iron...
I hope that Shananhan at least makes him the power back option as he has shown that he can get the hard yards and is the best downhill runner Denver has.

Gi-15

Mentor
well the only black guy still hurt is Selvin Young, and he's not even that good, we could see Hillis until the season's end, I'll cross my fingers.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Peyton just threw an INT, the ball was misplace but his old buddy Harrison didn't do anything to prevent it. Didn't jump for the ball, hit the defensive back, nothing... just let the guy grab it.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Tom Iron:

"It's going to be hard to sit Hillis back down when the black guys start getting better."

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if that NFL staph infection made its rounds through a couple of those guys.
smiley2.gif

Jerhame Urban had a real nice block to spring the other kick returner for 50+yards, in addition to his catches.

I believe I saw that Dustin Fox was credited with a tackle today, and not NSA. Anyway, it's nice to have a second white man playing CB again in the NFL.

The stats also say that Craig Steltz had 4 tackles.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Philly Birds:

"Eagles with a whopping 5 offensive starters today! Brent Celek finally starts over LJ Smith, with Dan Klecko at FB, Kevin Curtis at WR, and 2 white O-linemen."

It could be 6 if McNabb continues to ride the pine next week. Let's hope for the best.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I think McNabb is unfortunately the starter until his contract is up in the off-season. Or is it next off-season, when his contract is up? It is unlikely Reid will replace McNabb before next year.

Of course, I'd like to see Kolb in there b/c he'd probably throw to Curtis more and more accurately than McNabb has been this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hester with his first career td catch!!!!!!1
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just saw it; that's awesome! But the movement to put Hester at FB will start. He is only in right now at FB, because Tolbert is hurt at FB. I want Hester to get 5-9 carries a game for the rest of the season at HB and then start somewhere in the future like Michael Turner does!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tolbert shouldn't be the starting FB in my opinion, but I do want to see Jacob run the ball, not catch it out of the backfield. Congrats on the first of many NFL TDs Jacob!
smiley32.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
im glad they lost though, hester in the game they drove it down for a touchdown, next series it looked like hester was out and they have to settle for a field goal, he shouldve been in more, hes a threat to run it and catch it out of the backfield, 4th and short in long field goal range, i think hester couldve made the first Edited by: dwid

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I saw Hester fumbled on one of his two carries this season...did anyone see how it happened? Was he stripped or just botched the hand-off? That may be part of the reason they haven't used him and only Sproles as a backup HB, whites are always on a much shorter leash. I still hope to see him run the ball more late in the season!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

dbwave

I finally watched Denver with their white running back. Has anyone else seen this guy?? He is absolutely the real deal. Not only good for a white running back but was the BEST running back on the field and that I have seen for a long time. Great balance, a monster, great speed and does not go down on the first tackle.

He should be a featured back on any team. Edited by: dbwave

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Exactly, Hillis was compared by Jimmy Chitwood to Chris Beanie Wells for style and I'm starting to see why. You could also compare him to Toby Gerhart in that he's a big RB with great balance, burst and tackle breaking ability that can still scoot to a 4.5 over 40 yards.

I didn't realize this guy was the real deal because I never saw him in college and didn't know of his Arkansas h.s career, but JC's article is starting to look that much more genius after watching Hillis play! I hope Denver makes it to the playoffs and Hillis runs wild!

j41181

Master
That's great to hear, the only offensive positions I've seen Whites play in the league have either the QB or the FB. The WR and RB positions have been virtually owned by Blacks. About time there is a White starting RB in the NFL. Pray it leads to more breakthroughs in the future.

j41181

Master
Dustin Fox, if y'all still know him is a natural CB, a position virtually if not totally owned by blacks, now that the great Jason Sehorn is all but gone.

And they want him to play "Safety". No Comment.

backrow

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I just saw it; that's awesome! But the movement to put Hester at FB will start. He is only in right now at FB, because Tolbert is hurt at FB. I want Hester to get 5-9 carries a game for the rest of the season at HB and then start somewhere in the future like Michael Turner does!

at the moment problem is that Chargers only give carries to LT, Sproles gets about two carries per game and Hester gets nothing...

referendum

Mentor
I'm wondering who the last white non-QB offensive player on the Chargers was to score a touchdown before Hester's last night.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
WHITE WR - 1,000 YARDS UPDATE:

1) Wes Welker: Must averge 32 yards / game for final 5 games.

2) Kevin Walter: Must averge 67 yards / game for final 5 games

4) Chris Cooley: Must average 74 yards / game for final 5

5) Matt Jones: Must averge 75 yards / game for final 5 games

6) Greg Camarillo: Must averge 77 yards / game for final 5 games

7) Jason Witten: Must averge 81 yards / game for final 5 games

8) Owen Daniels: Must averge 83 yards / game for final 5 games

9) Dallas Clark: Must averge 102 yards / game for final 5 games

smiley32.gif
I've never seen so white skills players within reach of this milestone!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Sorry to break the bad news to you Thrashen and others, but Greg Camarillo's season is now over.
smiley7.gif

Dolphins WR Camarillo out with knee injury

NFC playoff predictions Cards next for Giants Fantasy: 4 great pickups
More NFL Videos

DAVIE, Fla. (AP)â€â€￾Miami Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo is out for the season with a knee injury.

Camarillo left Miami's 48-28 loss to New England in the second half Sunday and did not return.

The injury ends Camarillo's breakout year with the Dolphins. He leads the Dolphins with 55 receptions for 613 yards and two touchdowns after catching a total of eight passes in his first two NFL seasons.

Camarillo signed a $6 million, three-year extension this year that will keep him under contract through 2011. A telephone message left with his agent was not immediately returned.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow, just horrible news about Camarillo. Hillis had a good game yesterday but it's so sad we have to wait all season for even one white runningback to get a start. Last white back I can remember to start was Leonard last year.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Tom Iron:

"It's going to be hard to sit Hillis back down when the black guys start getting better."

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if that NFL staph infection made its rounds through a couple of those guys.
smiley2.gif

Jerhame Urban had a real nice block to spring the other kick returner for 50+yards, in addition to his catches.

I believe I saw that Dustin Fox was credited with a tackle today, and not NSA. Anyway, it's nice to have a second white man playing CB again in the NFL.

The stats also say that Craig Steltz had 4 tackles.
smiley32.gif

those are special teams tackles, which i don't list. some sites bunch them with the tackles made on defense.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
This is somewhat off topic, however, how come whites are allowed to run the ball at fullback but not at runningback?

If whites can't be trusted with the ball, how come so many whites are fullbacks?

backrow

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
This is somewhat off topic, however, how come whites are allowed to run the ball at fullback but not at runningback?

because fullbacks no longer run the ball?

backrow

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

because fullbacks no longer run the ball?

i will quote myself here, because John Kuhn just got two carries in a row and scored a TD. from fullback position
smiley36.gif