NFL Draft 2012

Highlander

Mentor
So NE trades up to pick this guy? :noidea:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
NE wanted Shea McClellin, but the Bears got him, they needed a pass rusher and Jones is one of the few left with first round talent.

Highlander

Mentor
Coby Fleener should've been picked by now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! The Steelers draft a White lineman! Amazing.

We're up to 8 Whites out of the first 24 picks. Who else might go? Konz, Smith, Fleener. . . any other possibilities?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Smith to the Packers is possibility. They just released Nick Collins..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bellichick up to his usual schtick of only drafting black defensive players early, most of whom never pan out.

Highlander

Mentor
Smith to the Packers is possibility. They just released Nick Collins..
You beat me to that. I agree. Gonna keep my fingers crossed.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
You beat me to that. I agree. Gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Me too been a while since the Pack have had a white safety. Bill loves those SEC backers

northwinds

Mentor
Hopefully Harrison Smith goes to the Packers. Surely Coby Fleener will go in the first round which would give Stanford three first rounders.....something to rub in the face of SEC fans in the offseason.........

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I've got to admit I'm happy to see DeCastro go to the Steelers. And it ensures the Steelers will have a white player on the roster 3-4 years from now other than Ben/P/K/LS.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Resurgence of white offensive linemen!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Resurgence of white offensive linemen!

Yep. Konz, Smith and Fleener are all possibilities to bring the number of Whites drafted in the first round to double digits for the first time since. . . maybe 1989.

Highlander

Mentor
You have Fleener staring Houston in the face, especially after they lost Dressen to FA, and they pick Whitney Mercilus? Unreal.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why did Houston draft a Defensive End? They have Brooks Reed and J.J Watt. :der:

Houston, Green Bay and New England (2X) all made disappointing choices.

The Vikings take Smith, that's 10 Mighty Whiteys picked so far, including 3 on defense.

Riddlewire

Master
Did Gruden just say that Smith would be good "covering kicks"?
I didn't know special teams was such a great need that teams put their first round picks on the kick coverage units.

northwinds

Mentor
Harrison Smith to the Vikings....not bad....I'll be watching them a good bit next year. Would really love to see Fleener to in the first but he doesn't seem a good fit for the remaining teams. Somebody's gonna get a great second round pick in him....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Really good first round...lets just hope the next few rounds find some good white players getting drafted as well. It seems that the white players don't really get picked up in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Highlander

Mentor
I think Denver will pick Jerel Worthy. They are loaded at TE already. I could see Fleener going to SF or NY though for sure.

Highlander

Mentor
Harbaugh recruited Fleener. He knew what he would have with him, yet he picks a 6'0 190lb WR from Illinois that could've waited another round or two. Harbaugh really showing his true colors. Wow.