NBA 2012

SchaafC

Guru
Haven't been on in a while.
Caught the back end of the game and had to check and see if anyone else noticed it. The play that won the game for the Timberwolves; was Darko's 6th foul. He realized that he was beaten on the play, and tried to salvage the only possibility for a win.

When he tied Griffin up I jumped up and said out loud in the middle of the bar I was in "Timberwolves are going to win this." See I have seen a whole lot of basketball in my time. And without fail almost every time a player gets beaten off the dribble or to the rack in the NBA they will quit on the play before it is over; letting the player who bested them get by therefore allowing for an easy conversion or a possible three point play. After Griffin's first step it was clear that Darko was beaten on the baseline; I could see, it even Hubie Brown could see it. The impressive thing is that Darko (who I will now only refer to as Self-Aware-Darko) also could see it; and he wrapped up Griffin ensuring that there would be no easy two, ensuring that Griffin would have to go too the line to earn it, and ensuring that he would foul out, and ensuring his team would get another chance. What a play what a thought process, what selflessness, what a team play. You would never see that play from 90% of guys in today's NBA! Go Darko

Claimjumper

Mentor
Danilo Gallinari with a new career high of 37 points along with 11 rebounds in 52 minutes in a double OT win against the Knicks!

Melo and the knicks are now 6-10:biggrin:

SchaafC

Guru
Jimmer puts up 20 in his first real minuets during the regular season.
Gallinari put up 37 in a double overtime win in his return to Madison Square Garden, showing Carmelo how the game should be played; and showing NY the huge mistake they made.
Tiago Splitter in his second season has become accustomed to the NBA game; Vs. Huston he had 25 Pts. 10 Rbs. 4 Asst. he will be getting big minutes this season as Tim Duncan passes on the mantle to him.
BJ Mullins has been making large strides this season and has been a consistent double digit scorer this year. He put up 17 Vs Chicago.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As bad as the Kings have been playing, they should consider putting Jimmer in the starting lineup. It couldn't hurt. He needs to play more minutes so that he can get into the flow of the game. I'm happy he shot the ball so good. He needed a big game.

Splitter has looked good and Danillo finally busted out with a big game. Sad to see Love get his streak ended one game short of tieing the nba record. The Twolves had had a really tough schedule with few days off and multiple back to back games. They looked a little tired playing Utah. Rubio was really the only guy that played good.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Houston Rockets have been playing well lately, and, after defeating Minnesota tonight, are now 10-7. Chandler Parsons has been appearing in SportsCenter's highlights!

--Gortat is having a nice game, but Phoenix will probably lose to Dallas.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Phoenix did lose, but Gortat had his 8th double-double in a row, with 19 points and 17 rebounds, currently the longest streak in the NBA if i'm not mistaken.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes, Gortat had the most rebounds in last nights games with 17 and Kevin Love was the leading scorer with 39 points! Love continues to amaze and he's the first white American superstar in a while. David Lee is almost a superstar in my opinion. If he takes his scoring up a notch then he can be officially labeled as a superstar.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love is just incredible. He makes it look so easy but we know how hard you have to work to get to that level. He has to be a little frustrated though. He put up 39 points and got very little help from his teammates. They are back to giving Derick Williams starter minutes to see if he was worth the number one draft pick in the first round. It's kind of sad as Darko was just starting to show his true potential. Now he will be back to limited minutes. The bottom line is that Minnesota needs to wake up. Sign Kevin Love to a 5 year contract and pay him the money he deserves. If he leaves Minnesota, they will be in the bottom or the rankings for the next decade or so.

Also it is time for the team to get back on track. They were playing good up until around 2 weeks ago and have since regressed. They need to get back to the basics and all of the guys need to step it up outside of Love. He brings it every night and is in the MVP Race. Now it's time for his teammates to step it up and help the Twolves get back on the winning track!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gortat with his 9th consecutive double-double, 21 points, 12 rebounds. (and 2 blocks as well)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gortat has been on fire. It still makes me angry that he didn't end up in Dallas a couple of years ago. They tried to sign him and Orlando blocked the deal at the time. Gortat and Nowitzki would have been a great combo!

A few performances from last night are Kevin Love going off for 30 points in a win and David Lee also scoring 26 points. Lee has really been on the upswing as of late. Both of these young american forwards are as good as anyone in the league.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In Houston's win last night, Budinger had 21 points and 8 rebounds! Houston looked very good without "superstar" Kevin Martin.. who missed the game with a foot injury.

In another Detroit loss, Brandon Knight went 6-18 from the field. "Teams" like Detroit and Washington are laughable!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gortat had his 11th double digit rebounds in a row, despite not playing great and it seems that his league high % will go down after this game- Had 13/12 but made only 6 out of 17 FG.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gortat is playing great. I'm very happy for the guy as he should have been a starter since day one.

Budinger scored 21 points in only 23 minutes of play. Why do they bring him off the bench? He should still be a starter.

Looking forward to watching the Minnesota Timberwolves today. I hope Peckovic can continue to play good. I would love to see Milicic get back in the mix too. I think he might have had an ankle spain.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those that are interested, Kevin Love has 32 points and 14 rebounds early in the 4th quarter. The Twolves are playing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers and Love is outplaying Kobe. They are both having good games but Love is having the better of the two. It's a one point game at the moment. Too close to call. I hope the Timberwolves can pull this win out to equal their record at an even 500.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They lost guys. It was really close until the last minute or two. Then they couldn't make a basket. They lost by 5 points. Pau Gasol had 28 points for the Lakers while Kevin Love had 33 points and 13 rebounds for the Twolves. It was a good game until the end. Hopefully they will beat the LaLa boys next time out.

icsept

Master
So far, the teams with the worst records are:

Detroit 4-18, only White on roster, Jonas Jerebko, averages 26.3 minutes
Washington 4-17, only White on roster, Jan Vesely, averages 14.9 minutes
Charlotte 3-18, only 2 Whites on roster, Byron Mullens averages 23 minutes, Matt Carroll 14 minutes.
New Orleans 4-17, only 3 Whites on roster, Bellinelli 29.9 minutes, Kaman 22.7 minutes, and Jason Smith 19.7

Only Bellinelli gets anywhere close to starters minutes for these horrible teams.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
Hornets are owned by the league and the their black GM, who is merely David Stern's puppet (reference the Chris Paul deal) has told Chris Kaman he can sit out until he gets traded. He's already been away from the team for a week and there's no sign he'll be dealt any time soon. I've never seen a guy that played in a All-Star game fall off the map as quickly as Kaman.

Perhaps it's just salary related -- K-Man makes over $14 million -- for a team that can't find a local buyer? Maybe it's the fact that the American born Kaman dared to join the German national team, which has upset the "powers-that-be" that run the league from their New York offices? Meanwhile, the team has added two hispanic players that get a lot time, including some tall, worthless goofball from Mexico that came out of nowhere. This is the Montreal Expos all over again -- league steps in, appoints a puppet GM and makes the team as Latin friendly as possible. I wonder if a trade for Ed Najara is next?

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/01/new_orleans_hornets_are_gettin.html

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hornets are owned by the league and the their black GM, who is merely David Stern's puppet (reference the Chris Paul deal) has told Chris Kaman he can sit out until he gets traded. He's already been away from the team for a week and there's no sign he'll be dealt any time soon. I've never seen a guy that played in a All-Star game fall off the map as quickly as Kaman.

Perhaps it's just salary related -- K-Man makes over $14 million -- for a team that can't find a local buyer? Maybe it's the fact that the American born Kaman dared to join the German national team, which has upset the "powers-that-be" that run the league from their New York offices? Meanwhile, the team has added two hispanic players that get a lot time, including some tall, worthless goofball from Mexico that came out of nowhere. This is the Montreal Expos all over again -- league steps in, appoints a puppet GM and makes the team as Latin friendly as possible. I wonder if a trade for Ed Najara is next?

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/01/new_orleans_hornets_are_gettin.html

I agree. Kaman was a big part of the Clippers and he was thrown away like a piece or trash. The Clippers must thing DeAndre Jordan has more "upside" than Kaman since he's young. Jordan has virtually no offensive skills.

Claimjumper

Mentor
I've only been watching basketball for about a decade or so, but I cant remember seeing this many blowouts on a nightly basis. Each day I check the box scores there are usually at least 2 30 point schelackings. And as icsept pointed out above, there are some awful awful teams this year, 3 of which are in ****hole cities, Detroit, New Orleans, and DC

As I type, Toronto lost to Boston 100-64 and Charlotte is losing to Portland 107-61:crazy:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've only been watching basketball for about a decade or so, but I cant remember seeing this many blowouts on a nightly basis. Each day I check the box scores there are usually at least 2 30 point schelackings. And as icsept pointed out above, there are some awful awful teams this year, 3 of which are in ****hole cities, Detroit, New Orleans, and DC

As I type, Toronto lost to Boston 100-64 and Charlotte is losing to Portland 107-61:crazy:
I have noticed this too. The quality of play has gone down the toilet. Also, these all or 90% black teams seem to pack it in when the going gets tough, hense the blowouts. Blacks don't have the pride or fortitude that Whites do.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It was good to see the Clippers' go into Utah and win. Al Jefferson was absolutely terrified of playing "defense" against the Clips.. he's the hype-job I've always said he was. Did anyone else watch this game on ESPN?

This "power forward that is masquerading as a Center" needs to accomplish something before receiving massive praise!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Steve Nash with 30pts and 10 assists last night. Age 38 (on tuesday)!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It was good to see the Clippers' go into Utah and win. Al Jefferson was absolutely terrified of playing "defense" against the Clips.. he's the hype-job I've always said he was. Did anyone else watch this game on ESPN?

This "power forward that is masquerading as a Center" needs to accomplish something before receiving massive praise!

In last night's Golden State Warriors' victory over Utah, David Lee had 23 points and 14 rebounds.. Al Jefferson had 19 points and 6 rebounds. What does the MSM say about that?!

And, Denver went into "Clipper land" and put on a show! Gallinari had 21 points (5-5 from long range) and 6 rebounds. Denver stunned ESPN..

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
T'Wolves beat NJ and have 3 guys with double-doubles
Pekovic! with 27 pts and 11 rebounds
Kevin Love 20pts and 10 rebounds
Rubio 10pts and 10 assists

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Besides Minnesota's Triple double-doubles tonight, we also had:
-Nowitzki scored 30pts; getting back to his great self;
-Chase Budinger had 12pts and 10 rebounds; seems to be playing better coming off the bench;
-Marcin Gortat another double-double 15pts 12 rbds; quietly becoming a force. Of course everyone is better when playing with Nash.