Michael Katsidis

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
aussieaussie31 said:
Ted Atlas was the announcer.

Ted Atlas is the worst, most anti-white of all boxing commentators. Recently, Max Kellerman's been getting better - he makes some positive comments about white fighters now - but Atlas is as bad as ever.

Atlas is a phony if ever there was one. Much of what is written in his autobiography is false - he wasn't really Mike Tyson's trainer, he was just an assistant to Tyson's trainer for a few months.

Despite coming from a very affluent family, Atlas did time in prison as a young man. He was a failure as an amateur boxer, a failure as a boxing trainer (for example, Michael Grant was a better fighter before Atlas worked with him) and he's a terrible boxing commentator. He claims to have had an Irish mother and a Jewish father, but in reality he's Jewish on both sides. "Atlas" isn't even his real name...

Most of his life is a lie!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: JD1986

G

JD1986 I think your being a little too hard on Teddy. On Friday Night Fights, he stated that Katidisis would win over Casemajor. On Friday he said his father was Hungrian and mother Irish. I guess I will have to do a little research on his background. But I don't think his so anti white. He has stated that Pavlik would beat Taylor in the rematch as well as Delahoya against PBF.

I met him once in Woodland Hills Ca,he was very cool and knows boxing. And Atlas was not the annoucer of the last Klitschko fight. Atlas did win the HW championship with Michael Moorer against Evander Holyfield. Come on.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kukulcan said:
JD1986 I think your being a little too hard on Teddy. On Friday Night Fights, he stated that Katidisis would win over Casemajor.

He was just going along with the oddsmakers, in order to not look bad. It doesn't mean he didn't WANT Casamayor to win. I bet he was filled with glee when Kastidis was stopped!

Kukulcan said:
On Friday he said his father was Hungrian and mother Irish. I guess I will have to do a little research on his background.

He isn't telling the whole truth. He's Jewish on both sides, but his father remarried. I read somewhere his "shiksa" stepmother is of Irish heritage.

Kulelkan said:
But I don't think his so anti white.

Have you ever listened to him during a fight between a black and a white fighter? He always roots for the blacks over the whites and Hispanics, but he roots for the Hispanic if he's fighting a white guy. He always discredits white fighters, and will always score the close rounds for the black over a white fighter.

He is somewhat subtle - obviously he doesn't come out and say "I hate white fighters" - but you don't need to be very smart to be aware of his attitude toward them after awhile.

Kukelkan said:
He has stated that Pavlik would beat Taylor in the rematch

He just goes along with the oddsmakers sometimes. He picked Taylor to win the first fight, and Pavlik to win the second, just like the oddsmakers in Vegas.

Of course, he doesn't want to seem too obviously biased - if he always picked the black guy (or the Hispanic) to beat the white, it would be TOO obvious. That being said, he doesn't hide his feelings very well either. You could see how happy he was after Andy Lee lost. In the ESB boxing forum, someone suggested that was because he is jealous of Manny Steward, but I don't think so - it was because of his dislike of white gentile boxers.

Kukulkan said:
And Atlas was not the annoucer of the last Klitschko fight.

Did anybody say he was?

Judging from what he says about Wlad, he truly hates him. Why? Because Wlad is the best heavyweight in the world, and he's white. In his prediction for Wlad's recent fight his hate was too strong to enable him to simply go along with the betting odds - he predicted Sultan would KO Wlad!

Kukelkan said:
Atlas did win the HW championship with Michael Moorer against Evander Holyfield. Come on.

Come on, we've heard too much about that fight! Hundreds of other trainers have worked with fighters who've won titles - Atlas had ONE of his fighters win ONE title over ten years ago and man we still hear a lot about it in the media! People who know Moorer say he won the title despite having such a terrible trainer.

Edited by: JD1986

G

Hey JD1986, I didn't mean to upset you. I guess I will have to pay closer attention when he calls fights.

The line about Atlas not being the annoucer of Wlad last fight was meant for aussieaussie 31. But I still think you are a little to hard on him. But I don't think he hates white fighters. We'll have agree to disagree.

He did say though that Sultan would KO Wlad. I sure hope April is a better month than March. It has been a distaster. I hope Joe can restore order.

Blue Devils

Mentor
When Atlas picked Katsidis to win I thought to myself "oh sh*t, he jinxed him" I call it the Atlas jinx, every time he picks the white guy they either lose(Katsidis) or have tougher fights than expected(Pav-Tay 2) He seems like a nice guy away from boxing(I've read and own his book) but I'd much rather see Scully(former fighter who works some of the ESPN classic fights) replace him in the future. Or bring back Scott LeDoux
smiley36.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
When Atlas picked Katsidis to win I thought to myself  "oh sh*t, he jinxed him" I call it the Atlas jinx, every time he picks the white guy they either lose(Katsidis) or have tougher fights than expected(Pav-Tay 2) He seems like a nice guy away from boxing(I've read and own his book) but I'd much rather see Scully(former fighter who works some of the ESPN classic fights) replace him in the future. Or bring back Scott LeDoux
smiley36.gif

John Scully has a better voice than Atlas, and he's fair and objective in his commentary. He's also more personable and more knowledgeable. It would improve the ESPN ratings if he replaced Atlas, but Jewish privilege has a higher priority than ratings, so we're stuck with Teddy.
smiley13.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
My polite opinion on Teddy Atlas, and I have watched him for years on ESPN Friday Night Fights, is that he is most favourable to blacks, sometimes he is unfair to whites, and once in a while is downright wrong and makes ignorant and false comments regarding whites.

Atlas is actually a very poor judge of fights and fighters. It is really amazing how he can be so wrong, so often, when he scores fights. Examples are numerous. Recently he scored the B.J. Flores/Darnel Wilson fight so wrong that Tessitore had to excuse him as Atlas was "...too busy watching the fight!" Even the guest of that week, black cruiserweight Cunningham, scored the fight for Flores. Weeks later he scored the Cruz/Mashaba fight wrong -completely wrong! Cruz threw almost 1500 punches and Atlas only gave him a couple of rounds! Cruz won, of course. Atlas had chosen Ibragimov to beat Klitschko if you can believe that! Come on, that was an easy fight to pick. The fights I used as examples of his scoring above were with Latinos vs. Blacks but Latinos fall in the caste pecking order: Blacks first, then Latinos, and lastly Whites.

If you score the fights honestly yourself, and listen to Atlas' predictions, you will start to see patterns developing with Atlas. Maybe he thinks he will lose his job if his comments are favourable to Whites; maybe he is one of those guys that think being fair is being anti-White; maybe he is one of those guys that admires black fighters so much he actually prefers them to all others and cannot see them doing any wrong; maybe he is like those football coaches that cannot believe what he is seeing and still favours blacks. Who knows exactly?

But every once in a while a comment will slip out and Atlas will say something about how he really feels. In the past two years he has been more carefull in what he says as black fighters have really started to fall everywhere. But two years ago Teddy Atlas said when he was commentating on a fight between a black fighter and a white -I cannot remember who I would have to look it up- "...a guy can't do anything about his genetics...." The white guy was just overmatched in the fight and was losing. Teddy Atlas is the loser. Genetics, racial origin anyway, does not have anything to do with how good an individual is or will become in boxing. Emanuel Stewart knows this as he has watched the amateurs for decades.

Boxing is all about developing the right skill set for the body type. Any and all body types can and have been champions. All races can produce champions. Teddy Atlas is fascinated with blacks and somehow refuses or cannot see the obvious.

G

Maybe you guys are right. I totally forgot about that Cruz fight against that black south african(Mashaba). Teddy must have taken some shrooms/pot before calling that fight.

I stand corrected.

G

The fight should be starting in about 5 mins. It should be a war. Two men who come forward. Its a pick'em fight. If i had a gun to my head I say that Katsidis wins by a decision or early round ko. It just a hunch.

G

Diaz wins 3rd, crisp combos and good boxing. Katsidis is going to have nail him to the body and head.

G

Diaz takes the 4th. K better hope Diaz gets tired. Good round.

G

Diaz wins another. Diaz is outclassing K. K is going to hope his power shots catch him. If not, long nite.

G

6th is a good round. K is competive, but Diaz is fighting an almost mistake free fite. K has won only one round.

G

Diaz wins 7th. K is going to have pray he catches Diaz with a power shot and change the fite. Diaz is not getting tired.

G

K wins 8th with thudding combos and great uppercuts. Diaz looked a little tired. K is going to seize the initiative.

G

K wins 9th! show heart and courage. throwing the kitchen sink at Daiz. Is it too late?

G

K wins the 10th! However, it was close. Great fight. K is showing why he belongs in there.