Michael Katsidis

Campbell fought the fight of his life and discouraged Diaz. He used every trick in the book and it worked. Even though he is a Don King fighter (and the look of the fix was in...Announcer, judges, referee, Don King jumping into a ring and yelling at the referee.) Campbell won it. Katsidis and Campbell would be a decent fight. If Campbell fought the fight of his life like he did against Diaz it would be a great fight. But I doubt Campbell has this much left in the can. Look for Katsidis to beat both Casamayor and Campbell. Then Manny Pacquaio will move up after cleaning out his division. That will be an all out war!!!

Maple Leaf

Mentor
mrjohnnynofear said:
Campbell fought the fight of his life and discouraged Diaz. He used every trick in the book and it worked. Even though he is a Don King fighter (and the look of the fix was in...Announcer, judges, referee, Don King jumping into a ring and yelling at the referee.) Campbell won it. Katsidis and Campbell would be a decent fight. If Campbell fought the fight of his life like he did against Diaz it would be a great fight. But I doubt Campbell has this much left in the can. Look for Katsidis to beat both Casamayor and Campbell. Then Manny Pacquaio will move up after cleaning out his division. That will be an all out war!!!

Fair comments and Katsidis could beat both of these guys. Cambell was more resoucefull and clever and I do not mind saying he acted decently in winning. Diaz looked one dimensional: left, right, left, right, left, right, left (like he was shoe shining). Cambell went to Diaz's corner to console him after the fight, which is what the winner is supposed to do. That prick Haye did not do that, instead, that sap Maccarinelli went over to Haye's corner and hugged him for knocking him out!

Maple Leaf said:
mrjohnnynofear said:

Fair comments and Katsidis could beat both of these guys. Cambell was more resoucefull and clever and I do not mind saying he acted decently in winning. Diaz looked one dimensional: left, right, left, right, left, right, left (like he was shoe shining). Cambell went to Diaz's corner to console him after the fight, which is what the winner is supposed to do. That prick Haye did not do that, instead, that sap Maccarinelli went over to Haye's corner and hugged him for knocking him out!

Haye could have had a little more class about it. Sure be happy about a KO win, but at least go and give credit to your opponent before he has to come to you.
smiley7.gif
. But as I though Pacquiao won the rematch against Marquez and will be moving up to 135 as he has cleaned out that division. Things could get interesting with Pacquiao and Katsidis there. That would be a war for the ages and will get Katsidis name really out in the public's eyes!
smiley32.gif

P.S. It looks like there is a unification line set up. Katsidis will beat Casamayor and Campbell. They ALREADY have a June 28th date for Pacquiao to face the other Diaz, David Diaz who has the other belt. Katsidis and Pacquiao will be meeting each other VERY soon. Looking for Katsidis to be the next Castebuster!Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

I think Manny pacquiao will notice a big difference in stregnth between anyone he has ever fought when it comes to Katsidis. Katsidis walks around at about 160 pounds. He is a very big (broad not tall)lightweight. Katsidis is also very explosive. He throws everything he has into his punches. He punches fast, hard, and sharp. His weakness is his defense. Michael tends to also absorb alot of punishment.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Casamayor will find that Katsidis is not a fun guy to fight. Katsidis is nasty, he will not cooperate and box with his opponents, and he will do anything to win. Casamayor will lose and probably by knockout.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Katsidis I believe will win this by UD maybe even a Knockout. Casamayor has never been knocked out but I believe Katsidis could be the man to do it. I seen Casamayor's last fight and he looked like sh*t. His legs didn't look like they were under him and was put down by a glancing shot in the first. My only worry is Katsidis is prone cuts and Casamayor likes to clinch and headbutt. If he doesn't get cut he should have a easy night with Joel..

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kastidis vs. Casamayor will be part of a HBO doubleheader on Saturday.

The other fight has a Russian-born boxer, Robert Stieglitz (31-1, age 26) going up against Librado Andrade (26-1, age 29). This appears to be a fairly even matchup - it could be a very good fight. The super middleweight division is very rich in talent with at least a dozen top notch fighters like these two.

G

Hopefully Kastidis can stop the bleeding and put a W in the win column for our fighters. March has been a bad month for us. Go special K!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The unlucky month of March continues, as Katsidis loses by TKO in an action-packed fight.
smiley18.gif

Earlier, Stieglitz had been stopped by Andrade.
smiley6.gif

G

Dam, this month continues to be bad. Katsidis was winning this fight, got careless, lunged in and got cuaght like Hatton. He should have been more carefull. It was a sweet punch form the cuban immigrant. Mike missed a great opportunity to be the linear Lightweight Championship. Oh well, I pray that Joe C. Wales doesn't dissappoint next month.

This stoppage was not as insane as Andy Lee's but it does appear that the American refs are sure are mighty concerned about the health and well being of these foreign fighters
smiley36.gif

Katsidis' defense was looking better after the first round up until that haymaker. He'll be back but he'll need to shore up that defense a bit more. I was worried about it but he did put the pressure on Casamayor. I would like to see a rematch but it looks like Casamayor and Campbell may get it on again. Be patient Katsidis. Both are good fighter but they are 35 years old. Your shot will come again. Shore up that defense and you'll be ok.

G

What pissed me off more than the outcome of this fight, was looking at m...erf..king Hopkins at ringside pulling for his fellow negro. I want Joe to really put the beat down on him next month.

If Joe fights on his toes with a volumne of punches, he should win handly. He can't get careless with Hopkins and has to be in supreme condition.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Katsidis should have won that fight. He needs to pick his punches better, if he would have, he would have Knocked out Casamayor in the middle rounds when Joel was staggering all over the place. Apart from the 1st and the 10th he was keeping his hands up high and inching forward dominating Casamayor but when he gets hyped up he's opened to counters as seen in his match with Earl. He'll be back though.
Edited by: shawn1262231

The Hock

Master
Whyowhyowhyowhy did Katsidis quit going to the body? He was really hurting Casemeyer, you could hear the Cuban going oof on some of the shots. After the knockdown the Aussie started head hunting. He'll look at the replay and kick himself.

Our guys have been losing fights that they were winning.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so @#%@$!##@ pissed off. The losing streak continues.

Mabye I had over rated Katsidis. I don't know. I thought he was gonna win tonight. The way things are going I would not rule out Calzaghe getting knocked out next month. This is by far the worst white fighters have faired in a few years. Another belt gone.

Another thing, the piece of sh*t announcers that call these interacial fights are terrified to even give a white fighter a compliment. The announcers have no nuts. None. If you would have judged the fight by listening by what the announcers were saying you would think the only round tha Katsidis won was the sixth.

Aussie,
I am assuming that in Australia you did not get the HBO crew for commentators. Max Kellerman really was impressed by the young Aussie. He compared in a not unfavorable manner to Rocky Marciano. He even felt ( As I did that the ref was a bit to quick to stop the fight ) . he and Lennox and Lewis had a short argument on the matter. After his questioning of the Lee stoppage and even a bit of the stoppage of the previous fight though he clearly like Andrande, I am wondering if someone gave him a mirror for Saint Pat's day or a magic potent that grew him some testicles.

Kukulcan said:
What pissed me off more than the outcome of this fight, was looking at m...erf..king Hopkins at ringside pulling for his fellow negro. I want Joe to really put the beat down on him next month.

If Joe fights on his toes with a volumne of punches, he should win handly. He can't get careless with Hopkins and has to be in supreme condition.

I don't think that was the case. Katsidis is incahoots with Golden Boy. Hopkins is President of Golden Boy East. Hopkins reaction could be seen either way but if you look closely, right next to him is Shane Mosley (who is also with Golden Boy) and he is PISSED. Golden Boy and HBO were hoping that Katsidis would win. They had a fight deal lined up for him. Hopkins may be an idiot but I doubt in this circumstance that he would be rooting against Katsidis or else he likes millions of dollars going up in smoke. And we all know Bernard loves his money
smiley17.gif

aussieaussie31 said:

Mabye I had over rated Katsidis. I don't know. I thought he was gonna win tonight. The way things are going I would not rule out Calzaghe getting knocked out next month. This is by far the worst white fighters have faired in a few years. Another belt gone.

What's upsetting is that he got caught with the same exact punch (check left hook) in the same exact circumstance (rushing his opponent in the corner, swinging and never sees it coming) as to what happened with Ricky Hatton. You just can't get too overconfident. He had Casamayor if he would have kept going to the body. But Katsidis will learn from this and he will be all right. Both David Haye and Kermit Cintron are two boxers who suffered a nasty TKO for their only loss then to come back with winning a belt and being one of the best in their division. I have no doubt that both Hatton and Katsidis will do the same.

What makes is worse that all of that is Don King screwed over the lightweight division. Katsidis was supposed to fight Juan Diaz. Both fighters wanted the fight. Don King who promotes Juan Diaz says that he is in breach of his contract if he fights Katsidis and haults the fight. Instead Don King makes Diaz fight Nate Campbell, another one of his fighters. Diaz gets pissed (he only has 1 more fight with King) but there is nothing he can do. Campbell did win fair and square but the fix was in if it went to the scorecards just in case. The ring announcer was unknown (he couldn't even do the basic functions right), weird venue (bullring in Cancun), even HBO said that they never heard of the 3 ring judges or the referee before. King was going to screw over Diaz as a going away present while having another fighter of his get the belt. Meanwhile Katsidis has to go for Casamayor. If Diaz-Katsidis would have happened, I know without a doubt Katsidis would have won. Now Casamayor (who at one time was promoted by Don King) and Campbell rule the roost. Both are waiting for Pac-Man, Morales (if he comes back), and Barrera (if he comes back) while Katsidis and Juan Diaz are on the outside looking in. And the whole landscape of the division changes (as well as the future of up to 7 different fighter) all because Don King wanted to screw Juan Diaz. Only in America
smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
Just wathced the Kastidis fight. I don't know whose training some of these young white fighters, but reckless machismo doesn't work. Boxing is a game of savy. That's why they call it the "sweet science." Kastidis had this fight won on body blows. He went head-hunting with lunging shots just like round one and got caught again. He has a lot to learn, but I don't know if his face or head will hold up that long.

mrjohnnynofear said:
aussieaussie31 said:

What's upsetting is that he got caught with the same exact punch (check left hook) in the same exact circumstance (rushing his opponent in the corner, swinging and never sees it coming) as to what happened with Ricky Hatton. You just can't get too overconfident. He had Casamayor if he would have kept going to the body. But Katsidis will learn from this and he will be all right. Both David Haye and Kermit Cintron are two boxers who suffered a nasty TKO for their only loss then to come back with winning a belt and being one of the best in their division. I have no doubt that both Hatton and Katsidis will do the same.

Johnny No Fear said

What's upsetting is that he got caught with the same exact punch (check left hook) in the same exact circumstance (rushing his opponent in the corner, swinging and never sees it coming) as to what happened with Ricky Hatton. You just can't get too overconfident.

If you fight smart fight a la Vlad Klitschko or Lennox Lewis you are boring.