Matt Szczur

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
I dunno about that, I'll bet in retrospect The Shark would have chosen football seeing as his baseball career isn't going anywhere.  Football was his best sport and he likely would have been a second round draft choice and after serving his racial apprenticeship eventually would been given a shot as an "Ed McCaffrey type."

Yeah even caste whore Mel Kiper had Jeff S. as a 1st Rd prospect. Now that's saying something coming our of Kiper's trap.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this article holds a couple of interesting bits of information ...
1) it appears that Szczur hasn't made his mind up yet to stick with baseball and may still give the NFL a shot.

Szczur signed with the Cubs for $100,000 on July 2 and will receive an additional $500,000 if he chooses to play baseball over football.

"I couldn't throw away that deal,"Â￾ he said. "I get a taste of the minor leagues, I get some money in my pocket for school and I have better options now. I can have a chance to play NFL football or come back and play minor league baseball and, hopefully, make my way up to the (major leagues)."Â￾

"I'll play out the (college) season and see how the season goes, and if the NFL's looking my way, I might take the NFL. If not, I've got my feet in the water here, so I know what a taste of what minor league baseball is."Â￾

2) the notion that he only has adequate speed is spoiled by this fact:

The Cubs are expecting unbelievable things from the 6-foot-1, 190-pound dual-sport standout. The consensus first-team All-American football player and first-team Big East baseball player was ranked as the second fastest college position player entering the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft, according to Baseball America ...

pretty impressive for an "over-achieving, blue collar, gym rat," i'd say.
smiley2.gif

foobar75

Master
Here's an excellent article on Matt Szczur:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Villanova-Wildcat-Matt-Szczur-090210

What an impressive young man on and off the field. I noticed this paragraph, with a quote from Matt himself:

Yet despite his 4.4 speed in the 40, questions remained about him and the level of competition he faced at Lower Cape May Regional High School in Lower Township, N.J., an area in the southernmost part of the state that's best known for its beaches, not its athletics.

"I guess they saw a white receiver and they didn't want to take a chance on him," Szczur says.

It's good to see that he's well aware of the caste system. I hope more and more people continue to wake-up to this fact. If he were black with those kinds of numbers/measurables, there'd have been plenty of scholarships coming his way. No one would've questioned the caliber of competition he faced, nor the fact that he was out of position. They would've recruited him on "potential" and "upside" alone.

I hope he has great season, and works himself up to perhaps a 2nd rounder in the NFL draft and ultimately chooses to play football.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
From this and other stories that I've seen, Szczur looks like he really prefers to play football, and I don't blame him:) Here's to hoping he can heal up quick enough to do some damage for his team, and impress at the Senior Bowl. Even with all of that, I still think that he would be extremely lucky to get drafted as high as round 4 in the casteNFL. "Another overrated white guy from an inferior FCS program" is what the DWF's will say.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think Matt has caught people's attention with his obvious athleticism. The guy is an athletic freak in the mold of Percy Harvin. I hope he impresses at the Senior Bowl and receives an invite to the combine. He could sky rocket into the 2nd round!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Matt will have an even greater opportunity to show his ability on national TV this week as he'll be the biggest star on the field in his FCS Semifinal game. Eastern Washington's "All-American" black RB is injured and won't be in the game. I hope Villanova wins and Szczur puts on a clinic!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matt Szczur is similar to Welker in one way. He does everything. I'm sure Matt could do kickoffs, extra points, field goals, etc. in addition to everything else he does. He is an amazing athlete and an even better person. We can only hope that some team can see clearly and draft him very high in the 2nd or 3rd round. He needs to go to a team that will play him. Not a team like the Bears, Jags, etc. It has been proven time and time again how some NFL Teams are semi fair while others will ruin your career simply because of the color of your skin!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Not only that, but it seems that few teams really know how to use a player like Szczur. Look at the Vikings and Percy Harvin. Harvin is a very good athlete, extremely versatile, but when he's been available, the Vikings seem to be clueless on how to consistently get the ball into his hands. Dexter McCluster on the Chiefs is terribly underused, despite his versatility and amazing short-area skills and burst.

It's a rare team, like the Patriots, that have any idea how to use "unusual" athletes like these.

Not to mention, he has LEGIT 4.3 speed! Rivals has the "data verified" check mark next to his 40
time. That's blaaaaazing speed!

Rivals profile

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I note that on that Rivals profile it also shows that he can do 22 reps on the bench. There are many O-line and D-line sumos that can't manage that!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
We'll see. He has already indicated that he prefers football over baseball, but it boils down to an opportunity/business decision. If he gets interest as a fourth-round or sooner pick, he has said that he will most likely hit the gridiron for his career.

That said, I think that he will continue to dominate in the playoffs, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Villanova repeats, largely on his back. I also think that he will star in the Senior Bowl, and tear up the combine, which he will be invited to, without a doubt. He should be no later than a second-round pick, but his melanin deficiency might drop him to the fourth.

Wow I hadn't been keeping up with Szczur but this news just reaffirms my belief that we are in the opening segments of a paradigm shift in the NFL as well as overall athletic beliefs. As I've stated before I believe a number of events are in the process of converging which may crash the caste system faster than it was built. I wish Matt the absolute best and will applaud him joining the company of other caste crashers like Peyton Hillis, Toby Gerhart, Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Marc Mariani, Austin Collie, Danny Amendola, and many others!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yes. The more that guys like Matt Szczur, Danny Woodhead, Peyton Hillis, Toby Gerhart, Zach Line, etc., etc., excel in the NFL and in college AND get recognition, the more doors it will open to the literally HUNDREDS (Thousands?) of white RB's who tear it up week in and week out for high school teams across the country. Even with the Caste System starting in youth football, the number of simply OUTSTANDING white RB's playing HS ball across the country is mind numbing. I found DOZENS just looking through Nebraska ball! D1 coaches need to wise up and stop basing draft success on the stupid Cultural Marxist Caste System "recruiting services" ratings. Looking at this list of "top rated draft classes" you know that Texas is getting blacker.

snow

Mentor
the "recruiting services" are getting worse each year. It is like an all out war against white athletes. I read a magazine while waiting in the store the other day, about high school recruits, showed the top 100, maybe 6 or 7 were white, a few quarterbacks, maybe 3 linemen and 1 wide receiver which is Jaxon Shipley, rated at 95. Most of the higher ranked quarterbacks were black. They had a 160 pound guy at number 2. They went up to 300 but didn't show the pictures, and didn't want to buy the magazine to look it up.

I bolded the typical contradictions that only seem to follow descriptions of our guys.

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<H1>NFL draft expert Mayock hails Villanova's Szczur, multipurpose star</H1>

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

Villanova's two-sport stud, Matt Szczur, is going to have to decide between football and baseball soon. He was a fifth-round pick of the Cubs last June and hit .347 for three of their minor league clubs. But NFL scouts are intrigued by the versatile, 202-pound running back/wide receiver/quarterback/kick returner with 4.4 speed. He's been invited to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., next month along with one of his 'Nova teammates, offensive tackle Ben Ijalana.

"He's the real deal," said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. "He's a slot receiver who compares favorably to any of those quicker-than-fast receivers you see in the NFL. When you start talking about Danny Woodhead or Davone Bess or Wes Welker, those kind of guys, that's who [Szczur] is.

"He's physical. He's tough. He returns kicks. He covers kicks. In their playoff win over Appalachian State, he was involved in their first five touchdowns. He ran for three, threw one and caught one."

Mayock feels Szczur is a legitimate third- or fourth-round pick, depending on how he performs at the Senior Bowl, and the February scouting combine, if he decides to put off baseball and go there. He has to let the Cubs know his plans after the Senior Bowl.

"If he goes there [to Mobile] and competes against the corners there, if he can line up against those SEC-type guys and compete, I don't see any reason in the world why he can't be a third-round pick," Mayock said.

"If you look at [the Dolphins'] Jordan Shipley, that's what he was. He was coming from a big school [Texas]. But the advantage Szczur has is he covers kicks, he returns kicks. He plays in the Wildcat. He's got some developing to do as a receiver, no question about it. He's not as far along as Shipley as a receiver. But the innate physical skill set is there.

"What I love about him is there's little to no downside [to drafting him]. Worst-case scenario, you're going to get a heckuva special-teams player. But a creative coach [paging Andy Reid, paging Bill Belichick], the sky could be the limit.''
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">How the hell can you be quick but not fast yet have 4.4 speed?!?!
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">ARTICLE LINK

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well Jordan Shipley plays for the Bengals. Maybe he got him mixed up with the other white boy Brian Hartline? Lol Szczur runs a 4.4 yeah thats definitely quicker than fast. ANalysts hate to see athletic white guys who prove their lame vocaubularies for describing white players to shame. Not every white player is a "blue collar"or an "overachiever". Enough with the bullsh*t. Everyone who has ever watched Nova knows he is the best athlete in the entire program. And why would the Pats or Eagles draft Szczur? Both teams have a lot of depth at the WR position, but I guess they are the only coaches in the league with creativity...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
SuperSpeed23 said:
I heard he could run even faster then a 4.4 If he ends up running closer to a 4.3 what are they gonna say then?

what did they say about Roger "the Rabbit" Robinsonand his 4.3 speed? he was the fastest running back in the NFL Draft class of2005, went completely undrafted, and then was completely ignored again after setting all the rushing records in NFLEurope.what did they say about him?

what did they say about Stan Zwinggi and his sub-4.3 speed? he was possibly the fastest running back in the NFL Draft class of2009, and unless you're a fan of Texas State you've probably never even heard of him.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-YGyRSJFM[/tube]
what did they say aboutJake Sharp and his 4.3 speed? he was possibly the fastest running back in the NFL Draft class of2010, and unless you're a fan ofKansas... well, you get the idea.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdUHKL0HlQ[/tube]

i could do the same thing for wide receivers and defensive backs, too. and what did the NFL say about all of them? they said nothing, because hiding the truth that White athletes can run is far easier than trying to deny it once the truth is revealed.

i wish the best for Matt Szczur, but the deck is definitely stacked against him.

snow

Mentor
nope Jake Sharp has been mia after a tryout from the Bears, was supposed to get a look from the CFL but nothing came from that.