Matt Jones Released

bigunreal

Mentor
As I've said before, Matt Jones is the poster child for the Caste system. There is never going to be a more obvious example of what we talk about every day on this forum than Matt Jones. He is the fastest man, at that size, to ever play in the NFL. Yet "expert" John Clayton describes him as a "possession" receiver. How fast would he have to be in order to be a "real" WR?

Clayton and the other jock-sniffers know perfectly well that Matt Jones is very fast. They know he is as far removed from a "possession" receiver as can be. Yet they publicly describe him as something he clearly is not, in order to create a false image in the minds of the DWFs and the smaller number of less extreme (and presumably more rational) followers of the sport. This is the very definition of a conspiracy. Just another reason why I don't trust anything about pro sports.

As for Matt Jones coaching, why would that even be a consideration for him at this point? He's in the prime of what should be his NFL playing career. If he does eventually have a yen to coach, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he favored black athletes as much as the typical Castean coach. Certainly plenty of other victims of discrimination as players have become passionately anti-white in their "journalistic" careers; Merrill Hoge springs immediately to mind in this regard.

Until Matt Jones is starting again in the NFL, there is nothing legitimate about this league.

foreverfree

Mentor
Westside said:
I wonder if he ever becomes a head coach down the road would he mysteriously catch the Castean disease?

Probably. After all, we just might be in the end times, when good will be considered bad and bad considered good.
smiley5.gif

John

foreverfree

Mentor
Bart said:
whiteathlete33 said:
It seems like we can't catch a break. In Matt Jones you have the fastest 6'6 player ever in the NFL and he can't even get a team to sign him.

Makes me wonder if the NFL monitors this site.

If so, be glad CF serves as the National Scrooge-run League's ghost of caste seasons past, forever haunting Roger Goodell (and Tags, and maybe even Pete Rozelle, wherever he is)!
smiley4.gif

John

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Yeh...a guy who's 6'6, runs a 4.4 40 y/d & has a 40" vertical leap is a "Possession" receiver.
smiley5.gif
Jones is indeed the quintessential example of caste discrimination in the NFL.
smiley21.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
foreverfree,

You just may be right. I'm sure most people believe up is down.

Tom Iron...

icsept

Master
It is vital to keep this thread alive even though there has been virtually no media coverage of Matt Jones since before preseason. Every time I read on article on a wide receiver injury, I post a comment urging the team to sign Matt Jones. I wish there was more that could be done.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
When I heard the Titans gave him a workout I though he will get signed. This is today's racist NFL which gives whites virtually no chance. I was expecting big things from Jones.

The Jets meanwhile picked up a great afflete in Braylon Edwards. One of his weaknesses listed in my local paper was of all things his hands. How can one play receiver if he can't catch a football?

The Hock

Master
Yesterday when I checked the active topics and saw eight new posts on Jones, I was sure he'd been signed. What a disappointment.

Meanwhile dog killer/torturer Michael Vick is back in the NFL and getting cheers. Let that sink in.

Just let that sink in.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Alot of teams would upgrade their receiving corps with the addition of Matt Jones. St Louis, which has the worst offense in the league is one that comes to mind. Noone can tell me that Matt Jones isn't a better receiver than Donnie Avery. Edited by: whiteathlete33

Quiet Speed

Mentor
icsept said:
It is vital to keep this thread alive even though there has been virtually no media coverage of Matt Jones since before preseason. Every time I read on article on a wide receiver injury, I post a comment urging the team to sign Matt Jones. I wish there was more that could be done.

Too bad dwid's Matt Jones highlight video was removed from youtube for some sort of violation. A link to it on some of these comment pages might be a teachable moment for a DWF or two. BTW, I see a Plaxico Burress video with over 100,000 views is on youtube with Fox, NBC, and ESPN broadcast footage, the audio is also laced with profanity. Something's fishy.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Quiet Speed said:
icsept said:
Too bad dwid's Matt Jones highlight video was removed from youtube for some sort of violation. A link to it on some of these comment pages might be a teachable moment for a DWF or two. BTW, I see a Plaxico Burress video with over 100,000 views is on youtube with Fox, NBC, and ESPN broadcast footage, the audio is also laced with profanity. Something's fishy.

Of course something is fishy. Everything about Youtube is fishy. Certain videos can violate Youtubes own regulations and continue without end while others that merely post facts that a certain organized tribe of youtube people don't want to be known are removed almost overnight. Scott Roberts on Youtube knows all to well about that. Not to say that a certain tribe had anything to do with dwid's Matt Jones highlight video being removed, but it follows the notable Youtube script very closely.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Free agent WR Matt Jones will work out for the Bucs Tuesday, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Bucs coach Raheem Morris called out Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant for their six combined drops in Sunday's loss to the Eagles. Jones caught 65 passes in 12 games last season for the Jaguars but off-field led to his release. Mortensen says that the Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets and Bears are also showing interest in the former college quarterback.
Source: ESPN.com
Related: Buccaneers

full article

icsept

Master
This is great news. However, the Bucs could be a career killer due to their atrocious quarterback play.

And what is with the articles comment about Jones' speed?!!! "He once ran a 4.37 forty though his speed never translated into a consistent deep threat."

It's as if his 40 time was an anomaly. No mention of the fact that his whole career has been with dink and dunk Garrard who never completes a deep ball.

As always with white players, even cold hard 40 times are not sufficient evidence of speed. Edited by: icsept

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Bucs along with St Louis and a number of teams could use Jones. I won't get my hopes up though. Edited by: whiteathlete33

devans

Mentor
The Bucs...
Poor Matt ends up on some bad teams with some mediocre qaurterbacks. Strange the way it is always the blackest teams that seem to want him. I hope he goes somewhere with a half decent QB so he dosn't end up a scapegoat.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good point Devans. If he ends up in Tampa Bay it won't be pretty. Josh Johnson is horrible and Matt won't have good games because he doesn't have a quarterback that can get him the ball. At least if he ended up in St Louis. he would have Bulger or Boller throwing to him. That wouldn't be too bad.Edited by: whiteathlete33

backrow

Hall of Famer
hey at least they mentioned his freakish speed, ESPECIALLY for his size. and yeah, the reason it never translated was the fact he always had to GO BACK or STOP to get poorly thrown balls ny Leftwich and Gerard. Moss wouldn't do much more in Jags offense...

referendum

Mentor
I don't know what team I'd like to see him join, of those who have expressed interest, which is said to be Jets, Dolphins, Bucs, Cowboys and Bears. If he goes to a bad team like the Bucs he might see alot of action, but with horrible black QB's. If he goes to a more premier team like the Cowboys, would he see much action? Also, if he went to a team with an existing white WR or two, would a white WR get cut to make room for him?
In a perfect world he'd sign with a team like the Giants or 49ers, where he wouldn't bounce another white player out, and could be of immediate use on a good team (in 49ers case, make that mediocre).

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jets might be out of running, they traded for Edwards after all. on Cowboys he wouldn't be more than 4th option, really (Williams, Austin, Witten) unless Williams gets cut (i don't see that happening, yet). maybe Bills? Bears wouldn't be too bad, but would Lovie play him? and Dolphins have 2 under utilized white receivers, so there would be no point to add another. Hartline would probably go on PS.

out of it all, Bucs make sense because they do not have a real WR right now, and, outside of Winslow, he would be the most valid option. even black QBs will throw a ball somewhat on target sometimes, which is more than what he's getting right now.

referendum

Mentor
Good points Backrow,
Also, look at what he was able to accomplish with Jacksonville and QBs Leftwich and Garrard, pretty good numbers with bad QB's.

Westside

Hall of Famer
First things first. He needs to be on a team, and now!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Finally a little good news on the Matt Jones front! Kinda suprised not to see the Browns on that list of teams interested in Jones, The Browns WR's had nine drops last Sunday. Nine!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I remember Don ruing the possibility of Matt going to the Jets when there was a chance the Jets might choose the now Bucs' project QB Freeman in the draft. I wish the Bills, Rams or somebody would jump in and make an offer. Forget a workout.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm with you, Quiet Speed. Workouts mean nothing unless Matt is signed by a team.